Start by marking “Hawk (The Boys of Summer #4)” as Want to Read:
Hawk (The Boys of Summer #4)

Hawk

(The Boys of Summer #4)

It’s another season of Renegade baseball and, as they say, the boys are back in town. All except for all-star pitcher, Hawk Sinclair, who has returned to his hometown and back to the ranch he grew up on to rehab after shoulder surgery.

Published December 10th 2019

Start your review of Hawk (The Boys of Summer #4)
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

When Bellamy's son doesn't make the baseball team, she wants to do everything she can to help him. Then a new coach takes over. A gorgeous new coach that Bellamy has no idea is actually a professional. Can Hawk and Bellamy make a connection and maintain it? What about once Hawk's done rehabbing his arm? Does he head back to his real life and leave Bellamy, Chase, and his new life behind?

Heidi's baseball stories are always entertaining, but I think she stepped up a notch with Hawk because I
Sandy S
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date December 10, 2019

Real estate agent, Bellamy Patrick, feels like she’s failing at being a single mom. Her son is having a hard time fitting in and she’s hoping that playing baseball will be the answer. When he doesn’t make the
Books Laid Bare
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The latest in the fantastic “The Boys of Summer” series by Heidi McLaughlin, and as much as I found that it took a while to grab my attention, once it had it, there was no putting the book down.
I will admit that so far, I have loved the fact that each of the books in the series reads well as standalone novels and Hawk is no different, it is perfectly placed in the series but boy oh boy does it stand tall in its own right.
Hawk needs no assistance to show you what he is made of, he can manage
Jennifer Pierson
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The brilliant Heidi McLaughlin is one of my top go to authors, so just seeing her name has the 5 stars flying, and I've yet to be let down by ANY of her stories to date. Hawk is a star pitcher, who isn't back with his boys when the season starts, as he got an injury which has him on the bench for now. Since he got injured, he's been truly suffering, because baseball is his life, so not having it in his life, even temporarily, is really messing with him. Luckily, he's talked into coaching a ...more
Sharon
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
When a major league pitcher has to go back home after several years to recover from a recent surgery, he has to face a lot of animosity and surprises from family and friends, but his love of baseball with a little help from a beautiful woman and her son may be what he needs to find what he has been missing in his life.

It’s nothing more than a façade. I’m in so much pain, I want to quit. But I won’t.

Hawk was born to play baseball and when he left his family’s ranch in Richfield, Montana, to
Konny
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
And there's another winner. Hawk by Heidi McLaughlin is book four in her The Boys of Summer Series. There are a few cross-overs, but because every book is about another couple, every book can be read as a stand alone. For best reading experience I recommend to read the books in order. The previous books are Third Base; Home Run and Grand Slam.
This is Bellamy and Hawk's story.
Bellamy is a single mom of a 7 year old and lives in a small town. She works as real estate agent. Her heart is breaking
Jackie
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Bell is a mom that will do anything to see her son happy. But she won’t do what the creep of little league baseball propositions. The kids are bullies and so are their parents. It’s sad that Chase and some of the kids are kept out of the games they want to play because of spiteful adults. Chase has a father who isn’t a father at all. He’s a poor excuse of a human being for how he treats his son.
I like that Bellamy doesn’t care and she gives her ex attitude and she tells him
Diane plourde
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing

WOW!!!! What an amazing 10 star story this was. I might have shed a tear or two. I have read pretty much all of this authors amazing stories but Hawk surpassed my already high expectations.

Hawk is on leave due to an injury. He goes to his home town for rehabilitation and there he meets Bellamy. Bellamy is starting over with her son. She wants him to play baseball but the town is corrupt. Hawk will step in more ways then one.

I devoured this amazing story in a matter of a few short hours. A
Amber Boyd
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First of all let me say that I absolutely love a sports romance! Secondly, I have adored each of the books in Heidi’s Boys of Summer series. While the bulk of the story takes place away from Boston while Hawk recuperates from an injury, the story remains rooted in the fact that he is a ball player. Then you have Bellamy, a single mom who just wants her son to be happy after their move to her hometown.

This story had layers, but they all worked so well together creating a rich backdrop. Hawk and
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hawk is book four in the The Boys of Summer series. It can be read as a standalone. It's told in the dual POV of Bellamy and Hawk. This one started off a bit slow for me and it took a little bit for me to get hooked in.
Hawk is a star pitcher that has suffered and injury. He's back in his hometown to rehab and rest. His whole life is baseball and he's struggling with his injury. He gets talked into coaching youth baseball. Hawk's a good guy. Even though he's really good baseballs player, he not
Dawn Cunningham Roether
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. The pace was great. I feel like the little nuggets of drama kept you turning the pages. Hawk is a Professional baseball pitcher who is injured and returns home to rehab. While home he meets Bellamy a single mom of a 10-yo boy who just wants to play baseball, but due to shady small-town politics he is being black-balled from joining the town’s little league team.

I love the connection between the characters. I love the setting and the overall dynamic and f the book.
Kari Hansen
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hawk is a professional baseball player who is finds himself back in his hometown while he tries to recover from a potential career ending injury. He is realizing that it not always easy to go home again so when he is offered the opportunity to coach the baseball team it seems to be the perfect solution to distract him from the crossroads he finds himself at.

Bellamy is a devoted single mother who would do anything for her son who dreams of playing baseball. The only problem is that he keeps
Lydia
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
A lot of drama all for some kids to play baseball. Seriously you would thought this was a mafia romance or something.

2 reasons why book went from maybe 4 stars to 2 stars
- the way the author made Annie (not heroine) to be a bad mother at the end. Why the switch? She was perfectly fine at the beginning and the end end she was abandoning her child and being hateful. I hate when authors don’t keep their characters consistent. I think the author just got lazy and could not come up with any other
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
Single mom, Bellamy Patrick, needs to find help for her son so he can make the Little League Baseball team. Injured Baseball Pro Hawk Sinclair, comes home licking his wounds and trying to put his head and body back in baseball. When the two connect and the hometown hero tries to fix all that is wrong with the league, not only do sparks fly but futures are changed and priorities are reversed. But what happens when injuries heal and secrets are revealed? With wonderful characters the reader cannot ...more
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
"There is so much going on in Hawks book, and I absolutely loved it.
Hawk was such a great character to read. He was sweet and charming and really just a gentleman. Usually the Heroes in sports romance novels can be cocky and super alpha and I love reading this genre for that reason. But it was such a refreshing change to read someone as fantastic as Hawk.
Sharon Jones
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
There is so much going on in Hawks book, and I absolutely loved it.
Bellamy was an equally wonderful character. The love she has for her son and the people around her was nothing short of beautiful. Put these two
Sharon
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You will fall in love with Hawk at first sight in this great return to Renegades baseball! 5 baseballs for this one! The Boys of Summer are just what I needed this winter!
Hawk is back in his hometown in Montana to recover from surgery, when he meets Bellamy, a single mom and real estate agent. She has no clue he's the star pitcher, and he loves that! The sparks that fly between these two, you will feel as their stories unfold.
Heidi writes an amazing story with these two characters, don't miss
michelle Shelly
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 love at first sight stars.

Injured Hawk returns to his home town while he’s recouping. When he stumbles upon single Mom Bellamy he’s instantly attracted to her. Their chemistry is scorching and even though he’s sexy as sin, her main attraction to him is how he treats her son.

This is a sweet, fun and heartbreaking story that will have to smiling and desperately pulling for these two. The author has a wonderful way of telling her stories and this read proves how lovely her words can be. I
Lisa
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh how I love me some boys of summer! This entire series is absolutely amazing so I was so stoked when I heard we would be getting another installment of Renegade baseball. And boy did McLaughlin ever deliver!
I could not put this one down! Hawk grabbed my heart and I was gone for him from the start. This one kept me turning the pages until the very end! I highly recommend you pick this one up. You won't be sorry.
Nancy Metsch
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OUTSTANDING!!!
I just want to start by sating the boys of summer is my favorite Heidi series. And adding Hawk to the line up made me love it more.
** Spoiler free review**
Hawk Sinclair also plays my favorite position for the Renegades he's the pitcher....As I read this book I kept hearing Journeys Don't stop believing repeat over and over. Because this love story is going to knock Heidi's fans off their feet
Reading_Junkie28
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved Bellamy & Hawk’s story. This book will have you all in your feels. Bellamy’s a single mom wanting nothing more that to help her son make the team he so desperately wants when a new hot as heck coach starts. Hawk being an injured professional player starts coaching little league. He develops a relationship not only with Bellamy but with a whole new team. When injuries heal and secrets get revealed where will that lead Hawks new life? This is an absolute MUST READ!!
Meloney
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hawk is the fourth book in Boys of Summer series. Hawk is MLB player home recovering from surgery and Bellamy is single mom longing for acceptance for her son. I couldn't stop reading this story. It has everything from secrets, betrayal, vengeance and everything in between to keep you turning the pages. Must Read Series!
Shannon
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hawk by Heidi McLaughlin is my new favorite sports romance! Hawk is so genuine, kind, and caring, and won me over from the start. Bellamy warmed my heart being her son's biggest advocate. The kids in this book stole my heart and had me rooting for a HEA. Heidi McLaughlin hits a homerun with this must read story.
Karen
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's not a five star but really close. I do like the story, characters, and setting very much. It got a little confused at the end but life can become confusing like that....well, maybe not like Hawk's surprised ending...

The HEA epilogue was nice too.

Oh, and required baseball for sports romance was great!!
Veronica LaRoche
Dec 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I couldn’t wait too read Hawk’s story and all I have too say is that I wasn’t disappointed at all. Hawk will definitely make you swoon hard. Hawk & Bellamy are absolutely perfect for each other. I couldn’t get enough of their story and their ending was absolutely perfect.
Cherie Maggi
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I fell in love with Hawk immediately. This is an action packed story that started out a little slow but quickly changed. Great story. Loved how the lives of characters from previous books continued.
Michella
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 Hawk Stars. If you’re looking for a low angst, sport themed contemporary romance with a twist, this one is for you. It’s my first read in this series and it can be read as a stand alone. Now I want to go back and read the others.
Melissa Meyer
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfection!!

Our Boys of Summer are back!! This book will warm you up with one sexy pitcher and a single mom plus an adorable little boy. I love catching up with our Renegades from previous books. It's like catching up with family. Can't wait for more of The Boys of Summer!!
Katrina
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! Hawk and Bellemy might be my favorite Boys Of Summer couples. This book as made me go back to the beginning and reread the whole series.
Lauren
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bellamy feels like a failure as a mom and her son's little league coach is a douche who thinks he's gonna get what he wants. Entering in Hawk who at first isn't thrilled but gets on board once he see's how bad it really is. This can totally be read as a standalone with how the story is laid out. I love how you get both Hawk and Bellamy's sides and see how they each feel about the other the attraction is fierce from the start. There are a few twist and surprises that make it even more ...more

• Roping the Cowboy (Circle B Ranch, #0.5)
  • Pierced Hearts (Southern Charmers)
  • Stealing Her (Covet, #1)
  • Hitching the Cowboy (Circle B Ranch, #1)
  • Bluebell’s Christmas Magic
  • Truly Yours: Mason & Sophie, #2 (Roommate Duet, #4)
  • Never Enough
  • Cherishing His Forever (Forever #3)
  • After You Fell: A creepy, page-turning and completely gripping thriller!
  • Waking Up Married
  • What I Did for Love
  • Truly Mine: Mason & Sophie, #1 (Roommate Duet, #3)
  • Christmas in Chamonix
  • Naughty or Nice
  • Chateau Wedding
  • The Beast of Beswick (Everleigh Sisters, #1)
  • Baby Yours: Hunter & Lennon, #2 (Roommate Duet, #2)
  • Children of Fire
Heidi McLaughlin is a New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today Bestselling author of The Beaumont Series, The Boys of Summer, and The Archers.

Originally, from the Pacific Northwest, she now lives in picturesque Vermont, with her husband, two daughters, and their three dogs.

In 2012, Heidi turned her passion for reading into a full-fledged literary career, writing over twenty novels,

The Boys of Summer (4 books)
  • Third Base (The Boys of Summer, #1)
  • Home Run (The Boys of Summer, #2)
  • Grand Slam (The Boys of Summer, #3)