Start by marking “Gravity” as Want to Read:
Gravity

Gravity

Gravity is a collection of poems that explores the rise and fall of an intense relationship. The kind where the other person is the Gravity keeping you anchored to the planet and you worry that without them, you may float off into space.

And then it is finding the strength to realize the relationship is not what you want, after all. It is several years, several breakups,
Published October 8th 2019 by Nightingale & Sparrow Press

To ask other readers questions about Gravity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gravity

Start your review of Gravity
Heather Rogers
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lynne does an amazing and beautiful job of guiding you through the ups and downs, mostly downs, of intense emotions. She drags you emotionally through her experiences and leaves the reader breathless at the end.

Beautiful work. 100% recommend. If you don’t buy I think you’re silly.
Samantha
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome poems by an awesome poet.
Worth the money.
I cried a lot.
Jeremy Herrick
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fucking amazing collection of poetry. Cant wait to read more from the author.
Fred
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An intense book of poems containing pure, raw emotion. The author Lynne Schmidt puts it all out there for everyone to go on this journey with her.
Josh Dale
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Like stars, humans pull each other together, but can also propel them into chaos when the revolution is complete. That’s what this collection does. It penetrates the atmosphere with moments in time that are indeed heavy and tumultuous. A great debut.
Tucker
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: idea-list-poems
"We hung our universe above our heads.
This one was me,
This one was you.
We hung glow in the dark stars on your ceiling.
When the last one gave in to gravity..."
- Lynne Schmidt, "The Impermanence of Stars," in Gravity

In this postmortem of a young love affair, Schmidt explores the difference between what she believes she wants ("I want earth shattering," from "What I Want From Love") and the actual habits she's fallen into ("My twenty-four hour day / was contingent on your twelve hour hands," from
Jessie Tweedie
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It’s absolutely mind-boggling that one of my favorite people wrote this amazing chapbook, Gravity! I quickly became engrossed as I was reading through each poem. It’s an interesting experience reading work from a loved one because not only are her poems so universally relatable, but I know the stories behind the lines. While almost everyone has experienced a broken heart, most people do not create beauty from theirs like she does. I could not be more proud of her and of how much she’s ...more
Brandon Footer
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow having completed this collection I'm just amazed. I really can feel the emotion. The anger, sadness, desperation, longing and loss. A powerful collection to say the least. Definitely worth picking up a copy
Julianna May
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Gravity is an amazing collection of poetry. Lynne has wonderfully put into words the difficulties of loving wholeheartedly. The themes are universal and you will immediately feel yourself pulled into the gravity of this collection.
Lannie Stabile
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gravity is not just sweet poems about plastic galaxies. It is a cohesive collection recalling grief, anger, resentment, and love. Beware, there are lines in this book that will detonate you like a supernova.
Dan Louisell
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This collection of poems is exactly what I want out of Lynne Schmidt, who I’ve been a fan of for years now. She’s never been afraid to speak her mind and what she stands for is inspiring. She punches you in the gut with her fists of wordplay and makes you face things you may not be brave enough to face without encouragement. I recommend this book of poetry to anyone and everyone.
Allie Rosnato
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A very honest, raw collection of poems that breaks your heart in a way very similar to the way the person you’re thinking about while you read this did. Some of my favorites are Striking Pavement, Breathing Patterns, Bullet Holes and Band Aids, and Immortal just to name a few. Gravity speaks to anyone who has felt the weight of loss and ends with a message grounded in self love.
Juliette
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Full disclosure: I’ve edited & published this book, so I’ve certainly got a bias!

Full review to come
Reid Maxim
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such and awesome book! It’s poetry you can really feel. The cover art is amazing as well! Grab it and put it on display!
Nathan Braendle
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Inspiring collection of poems. They are also very well written and I feel would be relatable to most people. 10/10 recommend this collection and cannot wait for the next one of her books.
Maya Williams
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lynne is superb in capturing the intersections of heartbreak and mental health. It is a brave collection in calling the people who harmed us by name and how we decide to heal from their harm. It’s truly a must read. It’s been a long time coming, and it’s great that this work is available to us!
Erin

• blud
  • The Factory
  • If They Come for Us
  • Rainlily: A Collection of Poetry
  • The Red Door (Inspector Ian Rutledge, #12)
  • Home Work: A Memoir of My Hollywood Years