Start by marking “Turn To Stone (The Stone Series Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Turn To Stone (The Stone Series Book 1)

Turn To Stone

(The Stone Series #1)

I needed to repair the cracks in the foundation of my soul.
Find the strength to overcome.
I needed a new city. A new job.
Something that would take me away from everything and everyone that chained me down in my past.
He needed the same things as I did, but his nightmares were bleeding into everything he touched.
He was living his dream by day, and haunted by his past at
Published April 8th 2019 (first published August 28th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Turn To Stone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Turn To Stone

Start your review of Turn To Stone (The Stone Series Book 1)
Kate's Corner
Aug 18, 2018 marked it as 08-lost-interest  ·  review of another edition
Konny
Aug 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Turn to Stone by Ariana Rose is the first book in The Stone Series.
This is Alexandra and Julians story.
Alexandra Taylor is a engaged woman, but she isnt entirely happy. Something isnt right.
Julian Stone is an actor who met the love of his life only to get her ripped away in an horrible car crash. Hes destroyed, shattered. Slowly he builds a new life and part ofv it is Alexandra. Everything could be peachy, but sheming relatives threaten to destroy their happy.
Theyre like star crossed lovers.
Turn
Emma Nichole
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
I was lucky enough to read this story early and let me tell you.... It's so good.
This is the debut novel by this author and honestly, you can't tell. She feels these characters in her soul and it shows.
It's swoony, a little steamy, and beautifully written.
I cannot wait for book 2 to see how this story continues!
Serena Worker
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alexandra is studying for final and her friend knows she needs to go out and not stay at home with it being her mum’s birthday and her missing her. Alexandra meets Hunter at the party and he asks her out to dinner.
Julian has a meeting for the latest project his working on, and when he meets Elaine or Lainey, he feels a spark and lets the producer know that’s who he wants, or he walks.
Everyone thought Alexandra and Hunter were perfect, but Alexandra couldn’t live with him anymore and leaves him
Catlou
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a story filled with emotions from beginning to end. You are pulled in from the start and at times it feels as if you are standing right there next to Alexandra and Julian. You feel their pain and want to step in to shield them from more. You sense their immediate connection to each other and rejoice in their coming together. The further you become immersed in their lives you may find yourself breathless in anticipation of what’s to come. Will it be the heartbreak that usually follows ...more
Karlyn Weldon
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is Ariana Rose's debut novel and the first novel in The Stone series. Alexandra is in an abusive relationship at the beginning of the book. She finally makes the decision to leave the abuse in her rearview mirror, takes a new job in Atlanta and begins to make a new life for herself. After moving to Atlanta she is literally knocked off of her feet on the day she meets Julian Stone. On that day, she sees a lot of the pain and loneliness in his eyes that she hides behind herself. On the first ...more
Dani /BBNT Blog
Turn to Stone, the first book in The Stone Series, and the debut novel by Ariana Rose was a wonderful start to a writing career.

It's a story full of tension, angst, love, and intrigue. Alexandra and Julian, the main characters, have both endured so much in their lives, and they can't seem to catch a break.... except for when fate puts them smack dab into each other's paths...literally.

Their connection is instant and the struggles that ensue to make something work together leave the reader on the
Lauren
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! Turn to Stone is book one in the Stone Series and Ariana Rose’s debut book. This story had a bit of everything and I thoroughly enjoyed reading! There were tears, laughter, anger and angst. It was definitely an emotional read and I really felt Julian’s heartache and conflict although Alexandra isn’t without her demons too. I can’t wait for book two, I need more!
Cassandra Night
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Turn To Stone by Ariana Rose my rating is 4.5

This is beautiful, emotional YA love story about two people dealing with intense emotional issues. Both Alexandra and Jullian are in an abusive relationship, and their tattered souls don’t know the way out. Until they meet, and everything starts to change, their hearts cast in stone start to beat again. This beautifully written emotive story, a perfect mix of heartbreak and angst, love and hope. I definitely recommend it to lovers of sweet, angsty
Erin Lewis
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Star review of Turn To Stone (The Stone Series #1) by Ariana Rose
Not only is Ariana Rose a new author to me, but I believe that this is also her debut novel. I was impressed with Ms. Rose’s writing and found myself invested in the story. This is a beautifully written story of love, courage and overcoming the odds.
Julian Stone is a shell of man after having lost the love of his life in an accident. He has no self confidence and as turned into a yes man, who has no backbone. There were times
Christie72
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 STARS

Turn to Stone by Ariana Rose packs quite an emotional punch!!!!

If you are looking for a book with angst, drama, and some good romance, this is a book not to be missed. Alex and Julian are two scarred souls who meet by chance but who feel an instant pull toward each other.

Both characters are flawed, complex, and scarred, but for very different reasons. Alex is fleeing a horrible relationship and trying to start over. Julian is still heartbroken and devastated after losing the woman he
A little birdie told me...
First novels by an author are fun to read.

This one takes us on the journey of Lex and Julian, a couple who seem destined despite all the roadblocks in their path.

They both have pasts to overcome and find spark and solace in one another. Their relationship is rocky and emotional, but palpable and magnetic. But sometimes something so right and natural comes with strings.

I loved both Lex and Julian. I wanted for them to be happy.

My only complaint is that it isn't a stand alone, and I didn't
Amber Sanchez
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ariana Rose’s debut novel is a whirlwind of emotion. The story of Alexandra and Julian is one of a quintessential push-pull; and had me anxiously turning pages to find out this captivating couple’s destiny.

Showing elaborate character development, this story quenched my desire for intricate description that I often crave as I read. Secondary characters were brought into the story line as needed and were focused on just enough to lend to the story’s unraveling.

I thoroughly enjoyed Rose’s first
Coco.V
Nov 15, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (11/15/2019)! ...more
Jenn Wood
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When two people, caught up in the happy memories of their past and both living a not-so-happy present, meet, it is as if fate is giving them a second chance at a future.

Caught in an unhappy engagement, with circumstances that make it difficult to just walk away, Alexandra meets Julian, who is intriguing and special, and perhaps she can be strong enough to leave. However, Julian's story is one of heartbreak and tears. He'd found his true love and life was perfect, until it wasn't, leaving him as
J.M. Kelley
Sep 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was hooked from the first page. This story is filled with angst and heartache and I was full of emotion as I read it. The connection between the characters is immediate and intense. The passion they have for each other is portrayed through Ms. Rose's beautiful writing. This is the first book in The Stone Series and I can not wait to read the next book. Ariana Rose knocked it out of the park with her debut.
Moriah
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved

It's hard to believe that this is this author's first book. I truly loved it. Julian and Alexandra are two souls fighting through their pasts and realizing that they need each other to make that happen. Can't wait to find out what happens in the the next book.
Nicole Ortiz
Dec 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a beautiful emotional love story about two people who are dealing with emotional issues. Alexandra has just left an abusive relationship and Julian has just lost the love of his life and is being pushed into a situation he doesn't want to be in. When these two meet the connection is instant and intense. The passion between these two was beautifully written. This story was full of heartbreak, angst, love and hope. Once I started reading I was hooked and can't wait to continue to read ...more
NaeLovesToRead✨
This confirmed my theory that I don’t enjoy second chance stories with the Hero still emotionally attached to the OW......
Suey_Library
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
***Received an Advanced Readers Copy during a blog tour with InkSlingerPR in exchange for an honest review***

Bring on the angst romance feels comrades! I need a good passionate cry and I feel like this one will be a doosey! Seriously, who doesn't like a good damsel romance with climatic drama to make my spidey senses tingle in all the right places?

Alexandria (or Lex) is an interesting character. Slightly an enigma to me. Lex is one of these characters that has an intriguing backbone towards her
Jennifer Pierson
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ariana Rose is a new talent that I absolutely CANNOT wait to see what she releases in the future, as Turn to Stone was a fabulous debut! This is the story of Alexandra, a heroine who isn't exactly happy in life. When she met Hunter when her friends talked her into going out instead of studying all night for finals, and he asks her out immediately. They seemed perfect on paper, but something wasn't right when she finally left him for her dream job. Julian is our hero, who is working on his latest ...more
Karen Hrdlicka
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love being introduced to new authors who pull you in with their unique storytelling style. Ariana Rose's debut Turn to Stone is an amazing read. Right off the bat she pulls the reader into the minds of her characters. Alexandra's life in Minneapolis looks to be perfect on the outside, engaged to an up and coming lawyer in her dad's firm, but that is hardly the truth.
Running to a future she has always dreamed of, she collides with Julian, who had the near perfect life until tragedy struck. The
Cierra McCauley (Cierra's Corner)
Turn to Stone was an emotional read from start to finish! A very heart impacting book. Lex is a character that you want to help and protect, someone you feel connected to from reading her story. It's a very raw telling, I think it shines light on a very important issue, that something isn't always as it seems. Just because it looks one way on the outside, it could be a completely different world behind closed doors. And this book really hits that on the head with Lex. She is a strong character, ...more
Amy  Crull
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I will start by saying this book will keep you hooked from beginning to end or it did for me. I loved how we see both Alexandra and Julian's journey from when they met other people to when they met themselves. These two have been through a lot in life. Julian had love but after a freak accident, he lost it. He also lost his self confidence and the ability to tell his dad, Quinn and her dad to kiss his ass. I swear he just turned into this wallflower who said"Yes sir, I'll do whatever you want ...more
Jackie Wright
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4,5 Stars for Turn to Stone by Ariana Rose
What a great start to Ariana Rose’s writing career because I do believe this is her debut novel and I for one will be looking at her future books.
Julian Stone has lost the love of his life is an accident and he is left with no self confidence and he has turned into the man who will do anything for a quite life in other words a yes man.
Alexandra Taylor is not happy she is engaged to the wrong man and to move on she needs to leave her fiancé Hunter and
Nancy
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Captivating story of Alexandra and Julian after a tragic loss for Julian and an escape from a controlling fiancée for Alexandra. Set in Georgia this book captured my heart quickly as all the references to Jekyll Island, Savannah and Atlanta strike close to my new home.
The story pulls you in immediately! It starts off with a bang and doesn't let go of your heart. With fame and money sometimes comes deeper problems that the world does not see. Only those on the inside know the devious plots and
Mel Knight
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW! This book was not what I expected at all! When the story starts out, you get both points of view from the main characters and at the same time in their lives. Thing is, they haven't even met yet. The back and forth of how their stories start is very well written. I was hooked from chapter one!

I had so many feels with this story. I can not believe that this is the authors first story! She rocked her debut! And to learn that this story will be part of a series....gah, I can't handle it!

The
Lisa Marie Barrera
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
SPEECHLESS!! JUST SPEECHLESS!! TURN TO STONE by Ariana Rose BLEW ME AWAY and She is a New Author for me!!! She Had me Intrigued from the Very Beginning and devour it in ONE Sitting since it is So Captivating from the Start and Beautifully Written!
TURN TO STONE is Such an EMOTIONAL ROLLER COASTER ride of Epic Proportions and Entertaining at the same time.
Alexandra and Julian's Storytelling was Heartwreching and there's insta-attraction but obstacles get the way. They are two scarred Souls trying
Tiffany McNair
May 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
I think these characters are some of the most realistic characters I've ever read. It does end on a cliffhanger, but I'm okay with that since I have a feeling this series will easily become one of my favorites.

Tortured souls who experience fear, hesitation, loss, betrayal, and love are just some of the emotions that not only Julian and Alexandra experience but that you will too alongside them. Julian is recovering from a tragic loss and Alexandra is running to escape her past. With a little help
Kylo Badgley-Glover
Turn to Stone is a promising first novel From Ariana Rose. It is a story about Alexandria and Julian who find themselves making big life changes when tragedy strikes. Both characters have to find strength in themselves and the comfort they find in each other to try to overcome their personal hells.

Familial pressure, secrets and responsibilities are working against them. Their bond of trust is put to the test and they have to decide if the connection they’ve built is worth fighting for or will
« previous 1 3 next »

• Phoenix (Own The Skies, #2)
  • Sparrow (Own The Skies, #1)
  • Cross your Heart
  • Score (Flawed Love, #1)
  • Dangerous Desires (Dangerous Beauty, #2)
  • Man Fast (Bergen Brothers, #1)
  • Struck  (Flawed Love, #3)
  • Cards of Love: The Moon
  • Unsteady in Love (Fairlane #3)
  • This for That (The Edge of Retaliation, #1)
  • You for Her (The Edge of Retaliation #2)
  • Love and Lingerie (Rockland Falls, #2)
  • Going Deep (Imperfect Love #2)
  • Swerve
  • Undeniably His
  • It's Not Over (Fair Lakes #1)
  • Secret Admirer
  • Falling for the Cowboy (Bedtime Reads, #3)
Author and hopeless romantic, Ariana Rose, hails from the Midwest. Born and raised in the Minneapolis area, she's always been a storyteller and known to have a flair for the dramatic.

She is a mother of three. Her daughter is just across the border attending college in Wisconsin. Her son is a busy penguin addict who loves all things science, cars and weather. He's been known to hang in Storm Chaser

The Stone Series (2 books)
  • No Stone Unturned (The Stone Series Book 2)