Start by marking “Magic Clogs” as Want to Read:
Magic Clogs

Magic Clogs

Antonio is an orphan. He grew up in an old hut in a village, doing all kinds of work for everyone around, to get by and earn his food.

One day he accepts a dare and agrees to work for an old woman. A woman living apart from the village and rumored to be a witch. All the peasants fear her, but Antonio agrees to help take care of her garden.

As a reward for his kind heart and
Kindle Edition, Large print, 99 pages
Published March 18th 2019 by Amazon

To ask other readers questions about Magic Clogs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Magic Clogs

Start your review of Magic Clogs
Stjepan Cobets
Mar 18, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
My first published, a fairy tale for children :)
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A charming little read that would look wonderful on an illustrated hardcover book.

It would make the perfect bedtime story for a little child who dreams of magic, knights and heroic deeds. Because it tells of kindness and well earned rewards, not based on fame and fortune, but on courage and a good heart.

On almost every page you get a little nudge, to be better, kinder, more honest or more brave. And the story itself is enchanting!

Deceptively simple, easy and charming! I highly recommend it to
Vedrana
Aug 22, 2019 rated it liked it
A wonderful fairy tale, short but very sweet.
Linda Lpp
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm far from the age of a child, but I still loved the story. Any child would fall in love with the story. There are so many aspects that could lead to interesting discussions, almost on every page. To be honest there are lessons that any age could take from the story. I can see this as a favorite book, frequently pulled from all the storybooks at home, read in schools or borrowed from the public library. The kindle book is available, but if I was an artist this book would be a delight to illust ...more
Sean-Paul Thomas
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a quick, but another really enjoyable read by Stjepan.
I've read a lot of his work over the years and his writing in English just seems to get better and better.
With this fantasy fairy tale about Antonio and his magic Cloggs that transports him to a faraway fairy tale land with dragons, princesses and evil wizards, I think Stjepan has found his perfect genre for his writing and vivid imagination. I'm sure his daughter will be proud of this book too and all other children that have the bo
Kristina Gallo
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
The one who takes a risk, drink champagne. While kids labeled an old woman as a witch, Antonio thought different. His noble heart and clear mind show a different way. This nice fairytale missed just a more unpredictable events and enemies to make a story exciting.
Todd Simpson
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. My son and I really enjoyed this story, so much so that my son wanted me to read it to him again. Great characters and a story line full of imagination and intrigue. Stjepan Varesevac Cobets has a talent for writing, and I’ve really enjoyed all his books.
Antonio was certainly a worker. He was happy to get his hands dirty and do any kind of work to survive. Helping an old lady around her house was easy and six days of work would be great. Mind you, the old lady only discussed feeding h
Bernard Jan
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you’ve forgotten what it’s like to be a curious child, step into the magic clogs and tap them together. In his short tale Magic Clogs, Stjepan Varesevac Cobets will take you to a fairy tale place of magic, bravery, and purity of heart. Beautiful!
Penni
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I would love to see this short story book illustrated for children. I wish the princess had more to say in the matter of marriage. Maybe some questions for her hero. The imagery is beautiful.
Terry
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Magic Clogs will transport you back to those magical, wonder-filled days of childhood. Those days of fun and awe, days yet untarnished by cruelty, suffering, violence and yes, even adulthood with all of it's worries and woes.

The hidden child in me loved this, as did the adult, the mother, and the grandmother.
Both of my grandchildren loved it and wanted repeated readings of it the last 2 visits. Something tells me this will become a regular routine in our home.

Enchanting, timeless beautiful,
Natasa
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fairy-tales
Thank you Stjepan Cobets for providing a digital copy in exchange for an honest review.

Once you get started with reading you will feel automatically like in a fairy tale: this place is magical! Full of courage, purity of heart, and well-earned rewards based on bravery and a good heart. It is wonderful and enchanting, sweet and full of wisdom!
Stacy
Sep 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
A delightful fairy tale, "Magic Clogs" , and a fable, "Clare The Small Frog", as well as the preview of a third fairy tale, "Joseph, The Good Giant" are included in this book. My granddaughter and I enjoyed the first two, and our appetites whetted to go onto the next.

"Magic Clogs" is a story of kindness, with the orphan being kind in helping an old lady with her garden that the rest of the village calls a witch and,so avoids. For his kindness Antonio is rewarded with a pair of magic clogs that,
Crystal

• How Green Was My Valley
  • Icebound: Shipwrecked at the Edge of the World
  • The Indifferent Stars Above: The Harrowing Saga of a Donner Party Bride
  • The Project
  • Red Sparrow (Red Sparrow Trilogy, #1)
  • Flights
  • Tidelands (Fairmile #1)
  • In the Heart of the Fire (Nameless #1)
  • The Letter: An edgy and new-age, black, romantic comedy.
  • حرق حظيرة
  • Anthropology
  • The Last Voyage of Skidbladnir
  • When Robot and Crow Saved East St. Louis
  • In Another Country
  • What Happened to Monday?
  • The Ghosts of Sherwood (The Robin Hood Stories, #1)
  • Two Truths and a Lie
My short biography:

I was born on September 12, 1965, in Split, Croatia.
At a very young age, I started reading. I loved it because, through books, I traveled to places I could never visit in person. As a child, I loved fairy tales and adventure, but later I discovered other genres. When I found a Jules Verne book in the library, I became fascinated by science fiction. I’ve written poetry for fifte