Start by marking “Catwoman, Vol. 2: Far From Gotham” as Want to Read:
Catwoman, Vol. 2: Far From Gotham

Catwoman, Vol. 2: Far From Gotham

(Catwoman (2018) #2)

Eisner Award-nominated creator Joëlle Jones continues her landmark series featuring the all-new Selina Kyle in Catwoman Vol. 2!

What's a cat burglar to do? When things went bad for her in Gotham, Selina Kyle picked up stakes and moved to set up a new life in Villa Hermosa. Things went about as well as they could for an international super-criminal, particularly now that
Published September 10th 2019 by DC Comics (first published September 4th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Catwoman, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Catwoman, Vol. 2

Start your review of Catwoman, Vol. 2: Far From Gotham
David Schaafsma
So I pick this up of course because of Joëlle Jones, though I really wanted to see that it was she that had done her own artwork, but nope, this is one done by committee, fairly standard, and the story is thin and filled with car chases and fights so we can see some action illustration, I guess. So Selina Kyle sets up a new life in Villa Hermosa. So? How is it really different? Catwoman is a great character and I still like her here, but I wanted more story. The chief villain here is Penguin, ...more
Chad
Oct 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
Catwoman deals with the Penguin which leads her into going after some reliquary that does something. The book is exciting with lots of car chases and fights but it takes forever to advance the plot. I feel like the entire book could have been condensed down into two issues. The main story ends mid arc before transitioning to an annual where Selina trains some teenagers to be thieves. Fernando Blanco and a team of artists seem to have takes over for Jones. Their art is fine but nowhere as good as ...more
Gabrielle
Joelle Jones delivers a great follow up tale to “Copycats” (https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...) in her Catwoman series!

While the pacing of “Far From Gotham” is a bit slower than the first book, the story Jones crafted also sets up the reader for a tantalizing cliff-hanger of an ending that has me salivating for volume 3 already.

Selina did everything she could to get away from Gotham, but that gloomy city just can’t seem to stay away from her, as she finds out when she gets a little visit
Rod Brown
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
I feel like there are maybe six or ten pages in this book that do anything essential in advancing the story. The rest feel like filler: car chases, unnecessarily complicated thefts, and several blah side stories. The few pages drawn by Jones and the variant covers by Stanley "Artgerm" Lau are reason enough to pick this up for a quick browse though.
Susan
Sep 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Love the art style, colouring and the storyline. I enjoyed this one just slightly less than Volume 1 but it was still pretty awesome. I'm absolutely going to continue reading this series.
Ryan Stewart
Pretty good second volume from Jones. I think she's doing a nice job, but it's pretty jarring in the art department when Jones takes an issue (or several) off. Her art is part of the charm of this series, and it's not the same when she isn't doing double duty. The writing is fine, although it can be a bit hard to follow at times.
Chris Lemmerman
Catwoman's adventure in Villa Hermosa continues to heat up, as the arrival of the Penguin and the continued machinations of Raina Creel make an easy life extremely difficult to find.

The 7 issues of the main series collected here are all one big story, despite being touted as separate things. Selina maneuvers her way around the internal politics of Villa Hermosa, while the reason she came is explored a little more, as are her new supporting cast. It does feel a little like we're spinning our
Michael
Sep 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: sequential-art
Leider deutlich schwächer als Band 1, enttäuschend. Schwache drei Sterne :(
Geoffrey Payne
Jun 24, 2019 rated it liked it
This volume is a bit slower than the first but seems to be setting up some interesting story lines. There are some good character moments and I love the overall style of this book. Definitely worth the read if you enjoyed the first volume.
Blythe Penland
Oct 25, 2019 rated it liked it
I thought this was kind of an all-over the place follow-up. Mrs. Creel is back, with the purpose of bringing her 'darling' Adam back to life, and willing to sacrifice her son that actually dedicated everything he did to her, Raymond. He didn't deserve death. His mom is one whackadoodle lady and ending up with your throat slit by her is a sad, sad way to go. I'm shocked that the disgraced excuse of a detective Yilmaz is still following her orders. And kidnapping Linda and threatening the life of ...more
Kat
Oct 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Basic plot: Catwoman is hired to find a shady relic, but she isn't the only one after it.

Pacing is good, art is good, story is interesting. I like how Catwoman is developing in her own series. The family she builds around herself are important and vivid characters, but definitely play secondary roles to her, as it should be, really. This story arc is nowhere near finished, so I'm curious to see what happens next.
Richard
Dec 02, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: graphic-novels
A boring, convoluted story that takes forever to go nowhere. It's also needlessly bloody, and peppered with faux-profanity ($#@&! for example). The art is OK at best, but inconsistent (seven different artists are credited), and the coloring is distractingly dark and dull, which does the art no favors. The only thing to recommend is the gallery of beautiful variant covers.
Craig
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
A step down from the first volume, as Jones relinquishes the art duties to focus on the story, which is fairly ridiculous this time out, with car chases, insane feats of motorcycle riding, etc., etc. The art really takes a hit this time out, becoming darker and less detailed, rather sketchy in places. I don't know if I'll be continuing with this series.
Josh
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
The majority of this volume delivers a strong continuation of this series. The final two issues--out of continuity with the rest of the story--are fine, but don't reach quite the same level of art or storytelling.
Sesana
Oct 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, superhumans
Right now, the story is still fractured between what's actually going on with Catwoman and that extremely slow moving story around Raina. At the moment, it's just making the entire thing move very slowly, though I expect it'll all come together eventually.
Torie
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: library, reviewed
Pretty disappointing, convoluted storyline and a lot of cliche lines (which was an issue with the first volume). This is very much plot-driven instead of character-driven, which is bad bc the plot was all over the place and like...too whacky and messy.
Jayda
Sep 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Nothing really happened. I mean things happened but they just weren't that interesting. It definitely moved at a slower pace than the first volume. Issue 9 was probably the standout of the volume. Selina still looked good though.
Viktoria
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, comics, dc-comics
I never in my life read anything with Catwoman before this series, but I'm so glad I do now. And I'm also glad I can see and get to know her outside of Gotham and far from Batman. It's much cleaner and clearer like this, plus it adds another layer to Selina.
Kris Ritchie
Nov 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, a-d-d-c
While I am really enjoying the art (and dear god those Artgerm variant covers are gorgeous) the story is fairly run-of-the-mill for DC's noir comics.

Ganglords as politicians. Bird vs Cat. Apex Lex. Lazarus pits?
Daniel Butcher
Sep 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: dc-comics
Overall fine arc...but sometimes feels like it's jumping around. And I can't get it out of my head that eventually she needs to head back to Batman's story.
William Thomas
Oct 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Basically the same as my review for vol. 1.
Emma
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics, dc, graphic-novel
Great series so far. A huge fan of Joelle Jones.
Meharvan
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of the best series in all DC
John Funderburg
Jun 14, 2019 rated it liked it
An uneven book that isn't as strong as the first volume, but still really fun. 3.5 stars
J.R.
Oct 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: dc-modern
Raina Creel is one of the best new DC villains. Creepy, cunning and someone you love to hate. And she won't go away.
Gregory

• Under The Moon: A Catwoman Tale
  • Captain America, Vol. 2: Captain of Nothing
  • Justice League Dark, Vol. 2: Lords of Order
  • The War of the Realms
Joëlle Jones is an Eisner nominated artist currently living and working in Los Angeles, CA.

Since attending PNCA in Portland, OR, she has contributed to a wide range of projects and has most recently has worked on Batman for DC comics. She also wrote and drew the series, Lady Killer, published by Dark Horse comics.

Jones has also provided the art for fashion designer Prada, and various projects

Catwoman (2018) (2 books)
  • Catwoman, Vol. 1: Copycats