Start by marking “Forgiven (Nash Brothers, #2)” as Want to Read:
Forgiven (Nash Brothers, #2)

Forgiven

(The Nash Brothers #2)

In a split-second, a car crash killed almost everything between them. Ten years later, can one accidental ride fix tattered spirits, uncertain futures, and broken hearts?

Lily Grantham has always done what she’s been told. The daughter of a senator, she grew up as the good girl of Fawn Hill, and carried that torch right on through to adulthood. Her only wild streak? Bowen N
250 pages
Published April 11th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Forgiven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forgiven

Start your review of Forgiven (Nash Brothers, #2)
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

“How do you feel about pink?” Penelope asks our bride. “The same way you feel about spring break with all three of your kids at home.” Presley chuckles, taking a sip of her champagne. Our resident mother warrior shudders. “Don’t even joke about that. It’s like surviving a nuclear fallout. There is cereal and poop and Legos everywhere.”

He couldn’t locate that thing with a flashlight and a search and rescue team at his disposal… I don’t understand what’s so difficult about it. We h
Carlene Inspired
4.5 Stars

Sweet, angsty, the kind of small town romance that sweeps your problems away for a little bit. Forgiven is the second chance romance that readers will read and get that finally feeling. Ten years have passed since the accident, since Bowen walked away and Lily was left with a broken heart and no reason that she can find. Bowen Nash and Lily Grantham are meant to be, but there's secrets and heartache between them that neither are prepared to face. When Lily's best friend and Bowen's brot
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 5 / 5 stars

I was so excited for these two's story. I am a complete sucker for second chance romances and I knew this one was going to be good and possibly my favorite of the whole four books!

Bowen and Lily wow, you could feel the love and the angst from a far. And when you got close, it hurt so bad! Since book 1, I wanted to know what really happened between these two and why Bowen had to stay away and the answers didn't come soon enough but they came at the right time.

Watching Bowen str
Manoela
3 Stars

Forgiven is sweet tale of second chances between Lily and Bowen. The book is even short is a quick and sexy read without too many surprises and unnecessary dramas.

I liked the characters and the romance between them was cute, but I found the reason for their separation so many years ago half-senseless, and we can blame them for being young, but honestly the motive didn't convince. But apart from that and how quickly everything was solved, the book is worth reading for those who like a boo
Meredith Wilson
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have been a huge fan of Carrie Aarons since reading The Tenth Girl. Her writing is so engaging, her characters so loveable and the story-lines absolutely addicting. Forgiven was no different. I was hooked from the very first page and could hardly put it down. It was such a refreshing and delightful treat!

Lily and Bowen were high school sweethearts, but that ended abruptly due to the aftermath of a tragic accident. It's been ten long years of little to no contact with no closure in sight. Now d
Courtney
Apr 10, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

Forgiven is the second book in The Nash Brothers series. It's Bowen and Lily's story, which we got a glimpse of in the first book.

Bowen and Lily have a love that very few find - it's a love that never stops, regardless of how much time has passed; regardless of how many hurt feelings have passed in between. For ten years, Lily and Bowen have been trying to move on with their lives but can't get past what happened so many years ago.

Carrie sets this story up very well, but I was not in
Jen Zingaro
Apr 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: second-chance
Ohhhh, I just adored Lily and Bowen's story.
It's a second chance romance with angst and a bit of mystery as to what happened to their relationship in the past.
I was on pins & needles just waiting to see what was really going on.
There were moments where my heart just completely broke for Lily. I really enjoyed watching her find her voice and standing up for herself.
There were times where I wanted to kill Bowen with my bare hands, yet... understood the predicament he was in.
I enjoyed Fleeting, but
Denise
3.75 Stars

I expected angst and this certainly delivered.

I really like this group of brothers and how different they are from one another. Whereas Keaton was a little awkward and a nice guy, Bowen is a grumpy asshole towards Lily. He essentially ghosted her ten years prior and wouldn't give her a reason for their breakup. In reality, Bowen is staying away from her to protect her from a big secret.

I adored the first half of this book and actually almost teared up from the angst/tension. However, j
Avidez Literaria
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“I’ll say it for the thousandth time, but I hope you hear me. I don’t know what it is I did to make you hate me so much, but I’m sorry.”

Lily and Bowen loved each other. They were young, in love, with a life to come. Until a car accident will end Bowen's chances of playing baseball professionally and leave Lily in a coma. Time will heal the physical injuries, but this young love will not survive this thud. Bowen breaks up with Lily giving no explanation, not a single word. Ten years go by. And li
Ryan - Sweet Red Reader
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was not prepared for all the feelings that Forgiven evoked in me. Emotionally, it's like a combination of Down We'll Come Baby and Fleeting - it still holds the small time charm that I loved in from the first book in the series, but it had a level of angst that set it apart from its predecessor. I'm a fan of second chance romances and the intensity of this one was a bit of a gut punch (in the best way possible). Bowen and Lily called to me as characters individually and the urge to root for th ...more
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
After getting a few little hints and cues about what was to come from Fleeting (Nash Brothers, Book 1), I just would like to state that I was very excited about this book landing in my kindle library and I was not the least bit disappointed. Lily Grantham, parent pleasing daughter of a senator grew up as a good girl in Fawn Hill. Bowen Nash was her high school sweetheart and in the 10 years since they parted, neither one of them have been ready to move on. Circumstances and small town life keep ...more
Shirley Cuypers
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-beta, ebooks, 2019
Original review

This book was provided by the author through InkSlinger PR in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Carrie Aarons and InkSlinger Pr!

Forgiven
is the second book in The Nash Brothers series and tells the story of Lily and Boden. Forgiven can be read as a standalone, but I still recommend reading Fleeting.

While reading Fleeting, I was always wondering why Lily and Boden acted so weird when they were around each other and now I finally know why. I loved that we got to know their st
Jenny B
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The second book in the series and full of the sweet small town romance and angst. The background between these two characters is full and their growth through the story is everything. Carrie Aarons has definitely convinced me to love small town romances with all the gossip and all the boundary enmeshment of the town folk. Bowen and Lily truly are a remarkable couple and I felt like I wanted to be their best friends while reading this. This book has little hidden punches built in that leave you a ...more
*~Alicia~*
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the series and I really enjoyed reading it. It was a sweet, small town Romance. Lily and Bowen go through so much, and have that forever love! A wonderful second chance at love read!
Karen
Nov 30, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This had a screwy pact made between parents that didn't ring believable to me.
I truly felt Bowen could of gotten some balls after his dad died.
Happily Mary After
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm addicted to the Nash brothers! Love Bowen and Lily's story. Full rec on Frolic to follow soon.
Melliane
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Mon avis en Français

My English review

I was really curious to discover Lily’s story after discovering her in Volume 1. We knew that a car accident had separated her from Bowen and that their relationship has been very tense ever since. But here we are, finally learning the truth behind everything and what happened to get there.

Lily doesn’t understand what she did to make Bowen hate her so much. That’s how we’ll follow them both in this story to find out what they think.

We are discovering two brok
Billy
Apr 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Elizabeth
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Things I require to think a second chance romance is done well:

-either both celibate, or both have other partners, no inequality there
-some degree of being miserable without the other, none of this "content" crap
-no falling in love with someone else
-someone making a move, typically the one who did the wrong, not just running into each other
-a good reason for the separation, especially if a long one

This book did most of these well. It is the story of Bowen and Lily who were high school sweetheart
Sara ✨ Next Book Review Blog ✨
Carrie Aarons has been impressing me for years now. One of her earlier duets, Captive Heart duet, has been my favorite books since she’s starting writing. I’ve read every single one of her books. The Nash brothers are blowing me away. I’m left wondering if I have a new series at the top! Bowen was everything I knew he was going to be and so much more! Forgiven is an incredibly emotional story that tugged at my heart and made it impossible to read without tears!

Bowen irked me so much during Flee
Stacey (Total Book Addicts)
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing

This book was everything and more!!!!

When I read Fleeting I wanted to know why Bowen was the way he was with Lily. I just felt so sorry for her because you know how much she still loves him.

So when I got to the end of Keaton's story there was the first chapter for Lily & Bowen's story. I was like yessss I want this book so bad. I want to know what happened between them.

This book totally didnt disappoint!! Bowen & Lily's story was so amazing.

Bowen still loves Lily but because of the accident and
Kari Hansen
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lily is a Senator’s daughter and the town librarian who has always done what was expected of her. Ten years ago, she was in love with Nash, her high school sweetheart, until an accident changed everything. Nash ended their relationship with no explanation and although they have avoided each other ever since it doesn’t mean she stopped loving him.

It’s been ten years since Nash’s life was turned upside down when all his dreams were crushed both personally and professionally. He has created a new l
LianaReads blog
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
After reading Fleeting i wanted to know the story behind Lily and Bowen.
And this book is their love story full of everything you want from a great second chance at love and the power of forgiveness and what real love means for two souls that are meant to be together.

After some unfortunate events, Bowen gets away from Lily without a word and leaving her doubting always why he left it like that and why he doesn't want to be with her again. Their story was full of heartbreak and angst and
shereads.pang
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bowen was so harsh and mean to Lily, but it was only to protect her. He carried so much guilt and didn't share how he truly feels with anyone. It broke me when he finally open up. Lily was always doing what her parent wants, but when she finally stands up for herself, I was so proud of her. Brave soul. It was a beautiful second chance love story. The heartache, the undying love, the healing, the forgiveness...makes Bowen and Lily such a beautiful couple. Highly recommend!! Onto book 3! ⁣
description
Tania's Book Blog
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
These two finally got their HEA. Lily and Bowen were high school sweethearts that hadn’t spoken to each other in 10 years after a terrible accident that almost killed her. They were both clearly still in love with each other but unbeknown to Lily Bowen made a promise to stay away. Ten years later and one weak moment all is forgotten and they try. It took nearly half of the Book for these two to suck it up and give it a shot again. It was mostly Bowen trying to stay away but Lily wasn’t having it ...more
Jana
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, arc-2019, top-2019
5/5
Forgiven was such a good story second chance romance about forgiveness and returning to your person. Bowen and Lily were that person for each other.
Aarons writes strong, passionate characters, and Forgiven was no exception. Bowen and Lily made me emotional and I was rooting for them the whole time.
I always go into an Aarons book knowing I am going to love it.
A great second chance romance and book!
Looking forward to the rest of the brothers stories!
Dana
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I read Fleeting, I was intrigued by the little introduction of Lily and Bowen....then the intrigue morphed into need....need to know their story.

Forgiven answered all the questions I had and then some. I was broken right along with Lily and Bowen, yes, he was broken as well. Having both H/H’s going through the same turmoil but on a different scale has me hooked!

Ms. Aaron’s again brought her readers and angst filled love story all about Forgiveness and I loved it!!!!
Crystal
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Somehow I missed reviewing this, but I LOVED this book. It was heartbreaking, heartmending, and just beautiful!
queen_of_the_books_18
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Forgiven is book 2 in the Nash brothers series by Carrie Aarons focusing on the relationship of Lily and Bowen.

An emotional read of love lost, questions answered and scars healed.

Forgiven will give you all of the feels. High school sweethearts Lily and Bowen’s relationship ended abruptly and they have managed to avoid each other for years. Lily never got any closure to why their relationship ended so when they are thrust back into each other’s lives the tension between them is unbearable. I wa
The Book Lover
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
My favorite book out of the series for sure! so raw, open and tragic, but at the same time so hopeful and romantic. it was a beautiful story.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Gone For You (All For You, #1)
  • Falling For You (All For You, #2)
  • Fixing Us (Fixing Series, #3)
  • I'm Yours
  • Staying For You (All For You, #3)
  • Promise Her (Military Men of Lexington #1)
  • On the Rocks (Becker Brothers, #1)
  • Come Back Home Again (Hope Valley, #2)
  • Undeniable (Cloverleigh Farms, #2)
  • Waiting for Forever (Hope Valley, #8)
  • Beautifully Broken Spirit (Sutter Lake, #3)
  • Write You a Love Song (Love in Everton, #1)
  • Man Fast (Bergen Brothers, #1)
  • Neat (Becker Brothers, #2)
  • Rustic Hearts (Poplar Falls, #1)
  • Take It Off the Menu (Mile High Matched, #3)
  • Just Roommates (Blue Beech, #5)
  • Southern Heartbreaker (Charleston Heat, #4)
Author of romance novels such as The Tenth Girl and Privileged, Carrie Aarons writes books that are just as swoon-worthy as they are sarcastic. A former journalist, she prefers the love stories of her imagination, and the athleisure dress code, much better.

When she isn't writing, Carrie is busy binging reality TV, having a love/hate relationship with cardio, and trying not to burn dinner. She’s a

The Nash Brothers (4 books)
  • Fleeting (The Nash Brothers, #1)
  • Flutter (The Nash Brothers, #3)
  • Falter (The Nash Brothers, #4)

News & Interviews