Start by marking “Kill Code” as Want to Read:
Kill Code

Kill Code

HOW FAR WOULD YOU GO TO PROTECT THE ONES YOU LOVE?

THEN
Ten years ago, a covert government operation gone wrong separated Jack from Jessa, the girl he promised he would never leave.

NOW
Jack's special forces team receives a tip, leading them to a remote farmhouse in search of a group of hackers led by the elusive Zane who work for the same person he holds responsible for Jess
Published January 22nd 2019 by Kayne Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Kill Code, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kill Code

Start your review of Kill Code
Joy E Perry
Jun 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
#NetGalley #LunaKayne #KaynePublishing

Kill Code was a pretty good read. I liked it. It moved swiftly. I like a book that when reading it holds my interest to the point that I can't put it down and therefore finish very fast.

This is the story of Jack & Jessa. Jack is an undercover agent working to take down Mateo, a druglord and gun trafficker. He is sent undercover as a student to Jessa's high school to keep an eye on Mateo's son Maxwell. He falls in love with Jessa. What she doesn't know is he'
Michelle
Jan 25, 2019 rated it liked it

Kill Code is a romantic suspense novel by author Luna Kayne. It is the first book in a trilogy. I enjoyed Kill Code. I thought some parts of the beginning were a bit slow, but overall this book was a good foundation for what is going to be an eventful trilogy. And Kill Code definitely was a novel that built as it went on. The ending was more than I expected. It certainly set us up for an interesting second novel. Kil
Janice Lombardo
Apr 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jack is currently working (with his partner, Logan) with their own ops and security company. At the moment their main target is "Zane" and secondly, "Jay". Their current intel has led them to dismantle Maxwell Sparr's hacking, fraud and treason against the government.

However, Jack has another reason to do this - and it is personal. His love, Jessa, from ten years ago. This from when Jack worked as an undercover HS student. Jessa is dead due to Maxwell and his father's shady operations.

On a stake
Kimberly
Jun 14, 2020 rated it liked it
Review featured at www.books-n-kisses.com

3.5 Hearts This is the first book in a trilogy of a dark romantic suspense. I want to say right up front that there are some VERY dark themes in this book. Meaning some scenes could be difficult to read.

The story was good. There was a bit of background that had to do with Jack and Jessa. Which is part of the story to get to know our leads and the reason for the undercover op. Then it fast forwards 10 years and Jack and Jessa find themselves face to face a
Andra Shaw
Apr 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Kill Code is an action-thriller that deserves a sequel! Some scenes may be triggering, so be forewarned. The characters and what they experience are believable. The male characters are a bit intense, but given their line of work (security and military-style force support), it is understandable. I love the two hackers in the story as they are smart and strong females who experience intense horrors in their lives. Despite those events, their capacity to love is not destroyed.

The action begins in
Heather Wamboldt
Apr 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kill Code is the first book in the Zero Day series and is a fantastic start to the series.

The dead have come back to life as Jack sees Jessa alive after believing that she was dead for the past ten years. This book has great characters, strong, and intelligent. The storyline is compelling and action-packed, keeping me engaged from start to finish, with danger, suspense, intrigue, and steamy romance.

This is the first book I have read by this author and I look forward to reading the next book in t
Jeanne Richardson
Apr 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the 1st book I've read written by Luna Kayne; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I can’t wait to read more of her books.

I loved the chemistry between the characters.

Barbara
Apr 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Book one in the Zero Day series a well written story that held my interest from the very first page. Jessa and Jack's story has suspense, drama, danger, a villain, murder, a woman in hiding for the last ten years,and a second chance. I want to read the next book. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Sandy Johnson
Apr 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read. Wasn't able to put the book down once I started. This author is a new favorite. Loved all the characters.

Stacie
Apr 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
All I can say is be prepared for a heck of a roller coaster ride! It was hard to figure out who was coming and going but let me tell you Jessa and jack are well versed

Tristan Burbridge
Apr 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
The story line was great. The character work was fantastic. The story had a smooth flow to it. This is the first book by this author that I've read, but it won't be the last.

Aida Alberto
Apr 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent. Well written. It's an exhilarating story with plenty of twists and turns. There are some parts that are difficult to read so I caution you to use your judgement in reading this book. Happy reading!
Elle Belle 💛
Apr 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
I truly enjoyed reading this book. The beginning was a little slow for me, but after a short while I was truly engaged into the book and read it in just a few short days. I would recommend this to anyone wanting a good, thrilling read. I did get a little confused because the chapters would give Jessa’s perspective and then Jacks, rather than everything moving forwards at once. I am truly looking forward to more books by Sheri Landry and can’t wait to read more! I give this a 4 star because it to ...more
Tc
May 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the 1st book that I have read by this author, and I hope to read more.
I found the characters believable, the chemistry palatable, the storyline intriguing.
All I will say is, buy this one and enjoy.

Christin
Apr 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this book! The rollercoaster ride of emotions was so intense! The things Jessa went through would break a lesser person. I love how much Jack loves her and tries to help her. This was an amazing book. I was caught up in the emotions and feeling for the characters. I'm excited for the next one!
J.C. Paulson
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Luna Kayne rips her hero’s heart out in the first chapter of Kill Code. The pace and pain do not relent until the final page.
Jack works special ops for a federal law enforcement agency, which makes him a seriously tough guy; but when he meets Jessa on an undercover assignment, he falls for her like a stone.
Then she goes missing, and Jack goes crazy.
Ten years later, he’s still in special ops, trying to live his life. He’s in a partnership, running his own company. The stakes are high as they rai
Amy [Book Addict Reviews]
Dec 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was literally on the edge my seat throughout this whole book. I couldn’t put it down and had to know what was going to happen next.

Jessa was torn from Jack’s life, but 10 years later she shows up again and neither of them expected to see each other. Their reunion was hot, but it was also shrouded in mystery. What had Jessa been up to all these years, what was she planning?

There are some dark scenes throughout the story, however, don’t distract from the plot. I feel they are truly needed for
Marcie
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: books
Luna Kayne’s Kill Code is one of the most intriguing books I ever read. It had mystery, romance and suspense. Luna did a very good job describing the settings of this book. The way she envisioned the surroundings of the compound and the details of Jessa’s lost memories. I was really taken away by the story line. It carried a lot of emotions for the reader to endure some that were hard to experience as well. Jack’s dedication to Jessa was just beautiful the way he kept her safe. The hardest scene ...more
Bella Rayne
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I bought Kill Code in Paperback. I found her book on twitter through the #writingcommunity. What can I say I loved it. WOW!! It was well written from beginning to end. I didn't want to put it down but I was tired so I finished it the next day. The darker themes of the book are well written and handled well. The steamy scenes are awesome. The ending surprised me and I look forward to reading more of her books.
Stacie Lee
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I truly enjoyed this book, it was more than just an erotic novel, it had an in-depth backstory and surprises along the way. I connected with the characters and many times was holding my breath to see what would happen next. More so, I greatly enjoyed Jessa, and how, in the end, she was truly the heroine of the story. Looking forward to the next book in the series!

Sweet Little
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ive read every piece Luna Kayne has put out and this novel took it to a whole new level. Kill Code in its well rounded story of suspense that left me unable to put my phone down, sprinkled with some intense steamy scenes, definitely delivers a kill shot.

Gary hawkins
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Intense great Luna Kayne read

Luna Kayne has done it again, but better. Kill Code is deeply intense, fast moving. Draws me into the story. Luna doesn't shy away from hard topics. Giving her usual grown ass adult twist. I can't wait for part 2 of this trilogy. You need to read this book!! Thanks, Luna for another well written story.
Rachel
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Heart wrenching from the first chapter, this book never loses momentum. The twisted plot drags the reader through every emotion imaginable. Well written, this book has wonderful characters that leap from the page and embed into the imagination.

Congratulations, Luna Kayne, for a fantastically thrilling romance.
David Howarth
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thorough good read, well balanced characters with some depth and the story line kept you hooked to the end, some readers might double guess the twists and turns but will be still entertained. Luna definitely has a way with words looking forward to future books sequels or otherwise, thanks Luna!
Tina
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story. Really good plot to the story. Very well written. Would highly recommend it to anyone who likes these kind of stories. Can't wait to read more from this author.

April
Jul 09, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received an Advance Reader Copy in exchange for an unbiased review. Thank you author Sheri Landry and Netgalley. The book releases April 2020.

Deliciously dark, this book reminds me for some reason of the 1980s movie Tequila Sunrise (except with hackers instead of drug dealers). Both leading men are Alpha males with secrets. Throw in a corrupt crime syndicate and smokin' hot tension between Tessa and Jack and you have a winner! I love his control issues. This would've been a hit 80s era show. T
Angela
May 03, 2020 rated it liked it
This is a suspense romance book, the first in a trilogy.

It was well written, but some of the story line to me seemed a bit flawed. I don't want to give away too much of the book, but I feel some of the romance scenes contradict what the main character, Jessa, went through.

I do not know if I will read the remaining books in the trilogy.
Billie Gentry
Jan 23, 2019
Brittany
Mar 09, 2019
Jen
Jan 23, 2019
Goodreads Librari...: Please add an award 2 38 Jun 12, 2020 09:35PM

• Dark Moon Falls: Ghost
  • In Love with a Shadow (Reaper’s Daughter #1)
  • The Promise (North Woods Universtiy #5)
  • The Scottish Billionaire: Prequel
  • Stoney's Property (Devil's Riot MC: Originals, #1)
  • Unexpected Passion (Riad Dubois Book 2)
  • Duke (Creed MC, #1)
  • Claimed By Dad's College Friend: An Instalove Possessive Alpha Romance(A Man Who Knows What He Wants Book 163)
  • Off Limits (The Scottish Billionaire #1)
  • Dixon
  • Voodoo Academy (Gates of Eden: The Voodoo Legacy, #1)
  • Deadly Twist (Maximum Exposure, #2)
  • Blade:  An MC Romance (Outlaw Souls Book 4)
  • Free : An Eve's Fury MC Novel (Eve's Fury, #1)
  • Ryder (Outlaw Souls, #1)
  • Forbidden Crush (Forbidden Lovers #4)
  • Blade: Devil's Fangs MC