Start by marking “Privilege (Renzo + Lucia, #1)” as Want to Read:
Privilege (Renzo + Lucia, #1)

Privilege

(Renzo + Lucia #1)

They didn’t come from the same world …

Born rich to a family of mafia royalty, Lucia Marcello was already destined to succeed. She wanted for absolutely nothing, until she met him.

Born poor to parents who never cared, Renzo Zulla was already destined to fail. He has struggled for absolutely everything, but she’ll prove to be his biggest fight yet.

She’s high society fr
Published January 7th 2019 by Bethany-Kris

Start your review of Privilege (Renzo + Lucia, #1)
✰ Liz ✰
★4.5★
"Breathing was so much harder without her."
description

Privilege is the first book in the Renzo and Lucia duet. A contemporary mafia romance with action, suspense, passion, and romance, Bethany-Kris has crafted another unforgettable gem of goodness! Lucia Marcello, a mafia princess, has been groomed for greatness. Her parents have done everything they can to ensure that she achieves greatness in her life. Renzo Zulla, the son of a drug addict, has been fighting for his survival his entire life. Car
Jennifer Kyle
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this story - I’m onto the next book.
Bethany-Kris
Dec 10, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Now live!
Amazon | http://geni.us/Privilege
iTunes | https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/id14...
Barnes & Noble | https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/priv...

Cover revealed!

description

Designed by London Miller.

Blurb revealed!

***

They didn’t come from the same world …

Deborah
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I loved this book. The prologue was amazing (so amazing I’ve included it at the end) and set the tone for the rest of the book.
And it didn’t disappoint.

This is a kind of Romeo and Juliet romance. Lucia is the perfect daughter. She’s loved and given everything she’s wants or needs. Yet while she’s spoilt in someways she’s a beautiful kind person. A person who seeks to find the best in everyone.

Renzo has been dealt a bad hand. Born to a drug addict he’s struggled from birth. Now he lives and works
Bev
5 Fantastic stars and the first book on my 2019 favourites shelf. It's been a long time since I read a book that had me sick with nerves, my gut in knots and anxious knowing that axe was going to fall. And fall it did!

One of the things that Bethany-Kris does that gets me every. Single. Time is how her characters love each other. I fall in love with how they love each other, it's breathtaking.

Now I need Lucian to redeem himself because he really pissed me off whilst I was reading this, although
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
5 “Oil and Water” Stars

What a start to a trilogy. A story of young love that has a sort of Romeo and Juliet vibe. She, 18, from the wealthy, privileged mafia life and he, 20, from the wrong side of the tracks, a lowly foot soldier. Two people that should have never met yet did and formed a deep and bidding connection. Young love is intense, passionate, and addictive. It goes against the rules when opposites attract. And at times, it creates casualties for both.

I absolutely could not stop readin
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
Privilege is another Bethany Kris winner where we now hear the story of Lucia Marcello and Renzo Zulla. This story was deeply romantic but also filled to the brim with drama and an angst-filled intensity that could be felt off the pages. It is sort of a Romeo and Juliet/Opposite attract story and I for one could not get enough!

When Lucia and Renzo meet there is a chemistry that cannot be denied. It was sexy and intense and I was addicted from the beginning. It was so great being back in the Marc
Tzelina
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 amazing stars!! Another exceptional read from Bethany Kris!!
Ari Reavis
Dec 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mafia-mob, arcs
My heart. Let's start with that. My heart was in my throat most of this book, whether from me being on the verge of tears from the romance or from me wanting to hold Renzo and tell him life wouldn't always be this hard... I hope.
I loved Lucia. She was discovering who she truly was throughout the story, even if other people had a problem with who she was becoming. She stood firm for the things she believed in and wanted. What I liked most about her was that she didn't judge anyone or their circum
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
When opposites attract…

Rich, poor, smart, struggling. Love doesn’t look at the exterior but what’s in the heart and Lucia and Renzo clicked from the start! Both young, both with complicated family, their connection is physical, then emotional and then… Well, that’s the problem, isn’t it? This is the Mafia and there is hierarchy and formality to most everything. You are born into a role and you dare not cross it or deal with the consequences. But what if the reward outweighs the risk? This is the
Mia Bui
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW. Literally the best way to describe it. The emotions I have for Ren & Lucia, I have no idea where to begin.... different than what we’re used to for those that have read BK’s series’ of books. Just wow.

We’re used to the mafia man with money and coming from an “equally” as powerful family but this isn’t the case. It doesn’t take away from the man Renzo is though, that I promise you. Your heart ACHES for him. The stuff he’s had to go through- SURVIVE through-you root for him even more. He’s i
Expresso
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
The princess and the pauper. Most would describe Renzo and Lucia in just that way. Well not to their face but still….

I’ve been waiting for Lucia’s story and Bethany-Kris did not disappoint. Renzo is not mafia royalty but he is perfect for Lucia! Their young love is edgy, intense, and one of anguish. The depth of their relationship, Bethany-Kris’ specialty, is written beautifully. The characters’ chemistry, loyalty to the family, and intense scenes make it worth a second, third, and fourth read.

Joelle
Let's start off by saying I am really loving this series and the more books I read from this author the more I fall in love with her works.

Wow ! We love romance reads like this one.The forbidden romance theme where everyone connected to you tries to keep you apart we have a mafia princess and a boy from the hood who is a dealer who works the streets pedaling drugs just to keep food on the table.How more apart could there worlds be?

For both Lucia and Renzo is was instant attraction from their ons
Tanaka K (The Romantic Angel Blog)
"Money could give a person a lot of things, but it couldn’t magically turn them into a human being or tune them into the reality of the world around them."

You know I am a true advocate for Bethany-Kris. Her books are like a smooth and elegant wine to me. Rich and full of that sinful and delightful flavour that consumes me from beginning to end. I am addicted to it. I revere in it. I bath in the velvety and explosive pages that absolutely capture me deeply. Every book she writes is absolutely ste
Raj
➳ Raj

When it comes to mafia books Bethany-Kris is one of my go to authors. Her storytelling and vibrant characters always seem to captivate and charm their way into my life, and create a happy bubble of escapism.

When Lucia and Renzo first appeared in John’s book Loyalty I was completely smitten by their characters. Their connection and attraction from when they first laid eyes on each other was deeply felt within the pages, and continued throughout in their book Privilege.

Raised in mafia royal
Sassy Southern
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lucia Marcello was born into privilege and there is nothing that she has to want for. Yet her life has also been controlled with a family that is involved in the drug trade and she is guarded carefully.
Renzo Zulla was born to a drug addict and he is on the street selling drugs and distributing to try and provide a better life for his sister Rose and his little brother Diego, whom he raises.
Lucia first meets Renzo while doing deliveries with her older brother John and there is something about h
A Klue
The endearing, poetic, tear jerker, polar opposite description of how Lucia and Renzo separately entered this world set the stage perfectly for this main couple’s relationship angst filled romantic tale. It was by far the best scripted portion of this entire book. It brought tears to my eyes, my fellow mafia romance book loving friends.

Lucia may have lived the perfect, pampered, overly protected, sheltered life between two doting parents and siblings who smothered her with kindness and good inte
⏃ : ✦ villainous_vixen ⏃ : ✦
She was a Marcello Princess. One of a few-the youngest, and most spoiled. Maybe that was because she was her parents baby, or even for the simple fact, she was the last Principessa della mafia of her generation.

I have been a long time fan of Bethany-Kris, and I have to say Privilege has become my new all-time favorite of hers. Lucia being the Principessa of the Marcello family, trying to make a name for herself. And a young man just trying to live day by day sacrificing everything for his
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Where do I start with this review...... OMG WTF did I just read is my first thought because HOLY HELL I have read a lot of books that are mafia and forbidden love and the struggles the couple goes through but this story is about a young couple who struggles with reality of coming from two different worlds.

Renzo and Lucia's story is one full of suspense, different worlds colliding, and true love. I just loved this couple because they both come from different worlds where Renzo comes from poverty
Shirley
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Stars

Anything that involves the Marcello’s and I’m ALL over it. Lucia proved she is just like her Father strong, stubborn and determined to get what she wants.
I love BK’s characters they love like nothing else and Lucia and Renzo are no exception. They are determined to be together and nothing is getting in their way…….not even Lucian and boy did he try. I love Lucian but he tested me in this book, I get why being a parent and all but man I wanted to slap him and he’s got some making up to
Manoela
4.5 Stars

I really liked this story, I was hooked from the beginning and could not stop reading because I wanted to know what would happen next! There is suspense, action, a young hero that leaves nothing to be desired, and a young love between two completely different world people. It's a story that leaves you wanting more.

The story of Renzo and Lucia is romantic, full of drama anguish and as it is a Mafia book could not fail to lack the suspense and action. With an air of Romeo and Juliet sinc
CeCe
Mar 15, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: rich-girl
03/15/19 - I am always leery about stories with rich girls, but I would give this a try.
Michelle [Helen Geek]
February 2019 -- 4 Stars
Tori - Novel Life
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
THIS BOOK. This book is just amazing. Purely amazing. From the start, BK had me turning every single page wanting and needing more. Needing know know how Renzo and Lucia’s relationship will play out.

Renzo and Lucia grew up in completely different ways. One had everything, one had nothing. One didn’t need to work and one had to work just to be something. I loved the dynamic between the two. The chemistry these two have is just beautiful.

The things BK makes you feel while reading is crazy. One p
Precious ✨
A different take from one of my favorites and I absolutely loved it.
Meet Lucia: Beloved baby of the mafia family.
Meet Renzo: oldest sibling taking care of his family as a foot soldier to said mafia family.
Who would stand in their way? Apparently everyone, and guess what? Neither one of these two are good at listening.
Ready for my next fix to see what happens with this ride or die duo.
Lavender
5 'Ride or Die 'STARS

Lucia looks forward to her 18th birthday and all the freedom that comes with it.

College.
Escaping the loving grasps of la familia.
One day, a successful career.
Not that Lucia ever has to work a day in her life.

Lucia may have born with a silver spoon in her mouth and force-fed privilege, but she was never blinded by life's advantages.

She is a stunning young woman, but more than that Lucia is a kind empathetic soul. Its no surprise Lucia lands a job at the local shelter.

At
Kinky Minx

Thanks to the author for providing ARC in exchange for honest review.
This is the first time I read from Bethany-Kris and she definitely didn't disappoint me at all. The story is based on a mafia background. Where a little girl who is born with all kinds of privilege, Lucia and a little boy who is born on the wrong side of the track, Renzo.

The story was told from both side and if you like mafia story...This is for sure your cup of tea.
Alright, so I don't want to spoil too much of the s
Gloria Herrera for As You Wish Reviews
They came from different sides of the track. She was her father's princess and he was struggling to survive along with brother and sister.

Renzo is a survivor. His mother is an addict and has been strung out since he was a young boy. His father abandoned them. His mother's brother will have nothing to do with them. Hunger and homelessness are but two things he knows intimately. This is why he never finished high school and began dealing drugs. Somehow, this was the only job that provided him the
Book Loving Fairy-Blog
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rating: 5 stars

ARC kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review

I had never thought that each new character's story in the Marcello world could just keep getting better and better! Renzo and Lucia both so blown me away! They are such unexpected characters that just hit it off ever since their eyes met and with them having such different circumstances in this mafia world- this is definitely going to be a bumpy ride..

Renzo is the poor guy from the wrong sides of the tracks just tr
Suzanne (Lily)
5+Stars!

Ever read a book that you instantly fell in love with and got disappointed each time you glanced at how many pages remained? Well that was me throughout this book. I could have easily devoured this book in one sitting but life demanded I read it over two sittings. Thank goodness the next book Harbor is due out soon.

Renzo radiated charm and backed it up with being a devoted brother to his siblings. His taking on the role of the head of the family as soon as he was able to added to his app
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Something Green (Den of Mercenaries, #2.5)
  • Down the Line (Volkov Bratva, #4.6)
  • Where the Snow Falls (Seasons of Betrayal, #2)
  • White Rabbit: The Fall (The Kingmaker Saga, #2)
  • Twisted Emotions (The Camorra Chronicles #2)
  • Black Swan (The Kingmaker Saga, #3)
  • Twisted Pride (The Camorra Chronicles #3)
  • White Rabbit: The Rise (The Kingmaker Saga, #1)
  • Twisted Bonds (The Camorra Chronicles #4)
  • Calavera. (Den of Mercenaries, #4)
  • The Final Hour (Volkov Bratva, #3)
  • Crooks & Kings (The Wild Bunch, #1)
  • Acquainted
  • Nix. (Den of Mercenaries #3)
  • In the Beginning (Volkov Bratva, #1)
  • Iris. (Den of Mercenaries, #7)
  • Shadows & Silence (The Wild Bunch, #2)
  • Until the End (Volkov Bratva, #2)
Bethany-Kris is a Canadian author, lover of much, and mother to four young sons, one cat, and three dogs. A small town in Eastern Canada where she was born and raised is where she has always called home. With her boys under her feet, snuggling cat, barking dogs, and a hubby calling over his shoulder, she is nearly always writing something ... when she can find the time.

To keep up-to-date with new

Renzo + Lucia (3 books)
  • Harbor (Renzo + Lucia, #2)
  • Contempt (Renzo + Lucia, #3)