Start by marking “Hooked” as Want to Read:
Hooked

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

Hooked

Carlos Valendez has everything under control: his boxing career, his academic life and the string of men who never manage to encourage more than a passing interest. When his friend Michael Dywer moves into his dorm room, he never imagines how easily it could all change.

Michael is a distraction. A sexy, bewildering temptation who entices Carlos with the briefest of looks bu
ebook, revised
Published September 15th 2018 by Agave Fire (first published February 14th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Hooked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hooked

Start your review of Hooked
Portia
Aug 28, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
http://mmgoodbookreviews.wordpress.co... I've never cut and pasted a review before...if it's too much trouble to follow the link...let me know and I'll just put up the original post. ...more
Mandy*reads obsessively*
(view spoiler) ...more
Claudia Lezár
Oct 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
PLEASE READ FIRST MY RATING SYSTEM!!!

To my ratings (thanks to amazon I had to change it again and 'upgrade' it a little bit.):

5* - very very good and rare (it would be a Blow-
Away-book like 'Liberty' from Seth Kann ing,
'Save that he kids' series from EM Leya or
'Jesse's Smile' from Angelique Jurd), it's like
an A+

4* - very good and will be often reread and is a
WOW-book with interesting plot and surprises
(like most of Andrew Grey books) it's like an A

3,5* - a really good book, which will
UnusualChild{beppy}
synopsis:
carlos is focused on his boxing career and doesn't have time for distractions. when michael moves into the house that he shares with his roommates, he is definitely a distraction. michael, however, doesn't seem to be afflicted in the same manner...until he hints that he might be. then carlos has to decide which is a priority in his life.

what i liked: nothing.

what i didn't like: the writing, the characters. it felt as though i never really got to know either main characters or the reason
Shannon
I'm being generous with the three stars because there were several things that drove me crazy in this book. First, I never really like Carlos. He was an egotistical ahole who pressured his roommate into having sex with him. It just felt really sleezy. Even worse, he didn't prep or use lube with Michael and Michael was an anal sex virgin. WTF? Unforgivable and just plain icky. While the details drove me nuts, the writing style and flow was really nice hence the 3 stars.
Sandra
Won through M/M Romance Group anniversary games in 2012, but now I can't find it :(
Jaime
Mar 21, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
Fabulous!!!
Mel
Mar 22, 2013
Maria E.
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Carlos, a gay athlete, seduces Michael, his straight roommate who it turns out is not-so-straight. It was supposed to be just a fling, they weren't supposed to fall in love, and they were supposed to each continue on their own paths in life. But sometimes things don't turn out the way they are supposed to. Sexy and romantic.
Jane
Feb 20, 2011
Ro
Feb 21, 2011
Sara Winters
Feb 21, 2011 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-wrote-it, m-m
Portia
Aug 21, 2011
Peta
Aug 24, 2011
I read. I write. I talk too much and don't blog nearly as much as I should. And my muse consists of several voices in my head with a moody ringleader. Don't be scared of the voices. They mean well (most of the time).

I write romance, erotic romance, fantasy, mainstream fiction and the rare spiritual fiction.

You can find me at my website, facebook (profile)/ page, and twitter.

_________

How I rate boo

News & Interviews

“Before he could stop himself, Carlos pulled Michael down into a kiss, letting his lips and tongue communicate everything he'd been bottling up for days – months, if he was being honest with himself. Michael responded with a tenderness that begged to be answered, plying his mouth with soft, teasing kisses until Carlos pulled away, moving until their lips were a hairsbreadth apart.

“We don't have to stop,” Michael whispered.”
4 likes
“If you're not honest about what you want, you're never going to get anywhere.” 3 likes