Start by marking “Nevertheless (Tesseracts Twenty-One)” as Want to Read:
Nevertheless (Tesseracts Twenty-One)

Nevertheless (Tesseracts Twenty-One)

Nevertheless (Tesseracts Twenty-one) is a collection of optimistic speculative fiction stories, each optimistic in a slightly different way. These stories explore the optimism that drives us to seek out new worlds, that inspires us to sacrifice for others or fuels us to just keep going when everything seems lost and in so doing turn the idea upside down and inside out.

On
Published September 3rd 2018 by EDGE-Lite

To ask other readers questions about Nevertheless, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nevertheless

Start your review of Nevertheless (Tesseracts Twenty-One)
Diana
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
NEVERTHELESS (TESSERACTS TWENTY-ONE) selected and edited by Rhonda Parrish and Greg Bechtel is an anthology of Canadian Optimistic Fiction.
I read an e-Book Edition, published by EDGE-Lite, an imprint of Hades Publications, Inc. Calgary, Alberta.
I received my copy of NEVERTHELESS from the publisher as part of LIBRARYTHING’s Early Review Program. Thank you.
The book includes a Tesseracts series list of titles; a Table of Contents; an Introduction by Rhonda Parrish; 23 stories; and an Afterword by G
J.
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
I guess I was expecting something much different when requesting an anthology of optimistic speculative fiction. I wasn't expecting extremely mature adult content for one. Also I don't think hopeful and dark go hand in hand. I can see how it could be done, using dark elements to contrast and highlight the hopeful message of the story but this anthology falls short. From the beginning I was disappointed. The first story was disturbing to me with lots of violence, sex and swearing (elements that w ...more
Sara
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
As with any anthology, there were some stories I skimmed, some I simply liked, and some that were so good I immediately reread them. A solid collection with a timely theme.

Inside the Spiral - 2.5 stars
Hill - 4 stars
Anhedonia -
Mark Moxley-Knapp
Dec 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've read several Tesseracts collections now, and every one has been great. They pick a theme, and collect short stories revolving around that. But each story is wildly different, and well-written. Sure, some are better than others, but they are consistently good and often amazing. Looking forward to the next one.
Hannah
Dec 17, 2018
Leslie V
Aug 23, 2018
Rhonda
Sep 03, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Scott Williams
Sep 04, 2018
Kate Heartfield
Sep 04, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Patti
saravanan
is currently reading it
Nov 28, 2018
Greg Bechtel
Dec 02, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Jen
May 13, 2020
Nicole
Apr 02, 2019
Rhonda
Apr 04, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Goodreads Librari...: Please add me as contributing author to Nevertheless 2 13 Sep 05, 2018 11:33AM
Like a magpie, Rhonda Parrish is constantly distracted by shiny things. She’s the editor of many anthologies and author of plenty of books, stories and poems.

She lives with her husband and three cats in Edmonton, Alberta, and she can often be found there playing Dungeons and Dragons, bingeing crime dramas or cheering on the Oilers.

Her website, updated regularly, is at http://www.rhondaparrish.com