Start by marking “It Started with a Lie (Truth and Lies Duet, #1)” as Want to Read:
It Started with a Lie (Truth and Lies Duet, #1)

It Started with a Lie

(Truth and Lies Duet #1)

Brian Fox is desperate for cash. When his business falls into debt, he turns yet again to his rock star brother. Only this time, his brother refuses to throw money at the problem... he intends to solve it. Enter Vivian Davenport, business fixer extraordinaire, supreme professional, and Brian’s new boss.

Brian has always called the shots, but now he’s the one taking orders.
237 pages
Published September 17th 2018 by Books by LS, LLC

Start your review of It Started with a Lie (Truth and Lies Duet, #1)
Paula
SPOILERS: (view spoiler) ...more
Rejane
“It Started with a Lie”- and it seems the middle and the end was also a “lie”
Liars, deceiving, untrustworthy, hypocrite, cheater, mcs..

Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 5/ 5 stars

Brian Fox, I had no love for this guy. However, Lisa managed to make me like the guy at least a little. Now I understand him, his girlfriend really broke him when she cheated on him with Mark. He is still hurt and broken over it, even after all this time, and even after his revenge plot. Add to that the guilt he feels over what happened with Reese and Mark and the guy is really messed up over it.
All this doesn't make him a good guy though, in fact, he has a lot more mistakes
Lisa
Sep 09, 2018 rated it liked it
I was very intrigued when I heard that Brian was getting his own book. Yes, he is from a previous series, but this can be read without having read it. In 'A Little Like Destiny', Brian is painted to be a bad guy. I couldn't wait to read that he had some redeeming qualities.

It Started with a Lie tells the story of Brian and his failing business. He has been borrowing money from his brother, Mark (the famous rock star), but Mark puts an end to it. He takes 51% of the company as payment and sends
Meredith
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lisa Suzanne never ceases to amaze me. Her writing is flawless and so easy to get lost in. With each book she writes, she finds a way to obliterate the bar I’ve set for her books and makes me fall desperately in love; not just with the story, but with the characters too.

The push and pull between Brian and Vivian was just fantastic. Those two seriously had some intense chemistry. You could feel the tension and need oozing off of them. I honestly couldn’t get enough of their story. They had me
Diane Holtry
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The sly Fox just may have met his match

Ask yourself this.. Can a douchebag be reformed?

Brian Fox was a character from Lisa Suzanne's previous series, A Little Like Destiny. His character was one I disliked.. A LOT. Going into this series I had convinced myself that there was no way that she could change my mind. But... She did just that! Well played Lisa Suzanne.

Enter Vivian Davenport.. She's a strong, smart independent business woman who takes no crap. She's a bit of a mystery to me but I
Vanessa (nessreads)
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
*I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book*

4.5 Stars

It Started With a Lie punched me with the feels. Did I expect to feel so much? Honestly, I had no idea what I was going to feel. I was grinning so hard at one point and then the next, BAM, I was fueled with anger. I had to simmer and calm down. The ride Lisa took me on was a doozy and I wanted more of the chaos.

Brian Fox is an arrogant and cocky SOB. There are things he did in the past that had me fuming. I had him placed in a box
Hanna's Book Obsession
3.5 Stars

{I received this as an ARC in exchange for an Honest Review}

I really enjoyed this story!! It was so good!! This was the perfect enemies to lovers story! I am so happy that we get to read Brian's story! I met him in the "Like Destiny" Series and I was nervous that I wouldn't like Brain. At first I still thought he was an ass but he of course won me over!! Brian Fox and Vivian Davenport will take you on a ride! This book was really good!!! I loved the back and forth between these two!!
Up All Night With Books
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Lying Stars
Review by Amy W.
Late Night Reviewer
Up All Night w/ Books Blog

Brian, Brian, Brian!!!! This man was not my favorite in the A Little Like Destiny series, but Lisa Suzanne has managed to bring him down to earth and made him more relatable and understandable in It Started with a Lie.

I'm the living, breathing definition of a selfish prick, but admitting the problem's the first step, right?

Let me just start off by saying if you didn't like Brian Fox before, well he isn't going to endear
Chelé
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
WOW!! I definitely need to start by giving Lisa her props I didn't think there was any way possible that she could change my mind about Brian. I despised him, thought he was awful, underhanded and just an all around bad guy. I understand he was devastated when his girlfriend cheated on him with mark but I feel like he took his revenge a little too far.

You see a different side to him by the end of It started with A Lie and it was really refreshing. Brian is in trouble financially and of course
Vickie
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I should have known going in to this book that Lisa Suzanne was not only going to leave me a conflicted mess again but she was going to make me love every second of it. And she did. I’m conflicted (again) and I LOVE it.

Brian Fox...the man that I can’t seem to stop loving no matter how hard I try is back with his own story. Having previously met Brian in the A Little Like Destiny series (which doesn’t need to be read before this duet but I highly recommend it), I went into this book already
Jesssiereads
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
*Received this book in exchange for an honest review*

Brian oh Brian where to stand with you. Well first of all I went into this book not expecting to change my mind all about him. I was determined to dislike him all eternity (ok maybe im over exaggerating a bit) But little did I know that Lisa Suzanne had other plans in store. The first half or so of the book didn't help Brian in his case at all. But towards the end did she manage to help my cold forzen heart slowly start to thaw toward Brian.
Ariadna Basulto
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Brian Fox is an arrogant asshole. He’s entitled, cocky, and likes getting his way. After meeting him in previous books I wasn’t so sure I could see him as anything else but a cocky bastard, but chapter by chapter I could see the change from arrogant asshole to delicious leading man and found myself rooting for him. After he gets himself in some financial hot water, his brother hires someone to help him turn his behinds around. Only problem is that Brian is used to giving orders not taking them
Sophie Koufes
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It Started With A Lie (Truth and Lies Duet Book 1)
A brand new series that when I started to read this I wasn't aware of that Brian Hall was in a previous series.
I need to go back and read A Little Like Destiny Series which gives you Brian Halls backstory.
I absolutely love this book cover. He's gorgeous and fits the character image perfectly. The synopsis along with the cover intrigued me.
A frolic enemies to lovers office romance with the perfect dose of infused angst and passion to keep your
Booknerd_1107
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It Started With A Lie

**received an ARC in exchange for an honest review**

I was on the fence about Brian’s story at first, but Lisa Suzanne did a amazing job bringing his story to light. She keeps him the way he is which I liked, he doesn’t lose his cockiness even though it is what has him in trouble right now. And when Vivian gets thrown into the mix she balances him and pushes him to be the man he is. She won’t stand for his crap and makes him come to terms with what is happening in his life.
Nikki Costello ***Crazy Cajun Book Addicts Blog***
Okay having previously met Brian Fox in in his brother Mark's books I have to say I didn't really like him. He was a player and the only person he really cared about was himself, but there was also something about him that really intrigued me and I needed to know more and with It Started With A Lie that's certainly what I got.
Lisa Suzanne has got me to do a complete 180 where Brian is concerned, deep down he's not at all what he seemed.

Brian Fox needs money and fast when his business is in
Bookworm Between the Sheets
Honestly I was very nervous to read a book about Brian, I mean he was certainly not a favorite character after reading A Little Like Destiny Book Series... But I am ALWAYS up for a Redemption story and the author always writes compelling romances so I just had to dive in!

Lisa Suzanne captured my heart and soul with her VAIL Band that I could read books about this cast of characters ALL. THE. TIME. So we know from Mark & Reese's story that Brian is definitely almost scum, BUT in this book
Jennifer Domenico
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lisa Suzanne is my new angst romance queen. I went in blind, not having read any of her previous work so I didn't have any backstory on Brian or his brother Mark. The cover and blurb for this was enough to suck me in, but when I started reading, whoa, was I in for a ride. I found myself yelling at characters, particularly Brian when it came to a certain someone who shall remain nameless for now, and begging for him to get his crap together before he ruined everything. All I have to say about ...more
M
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC of It Started with a Lie. This is book one of this delicious two part duet. It is a classic enemies to lovers with all the feels. Brian Fox is desperate for cash. He turns to his brother, Mark, for help. Mark sends help in the form of, sexy, professional, business "fixer" Vivian Davenport. Vivian is not only not what Brian was expecting she is now his new boss of sorts. However, Brian being the arrogant, cocky guy he is acts like a spoiled child around Vivian and trys at every ...more
Sarah Murphy
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I didn’t think anything could change my low opinion of Brian Fox, but of course Lisa Suzanne just had to go and make me love him! After his nasty stunts in Reese and Mark’s book(if you haven’t read the A Little Like Destiny Series then you need to do so ASAP!), I just couldn’t see him as anything other than a complete waste of sexiness. Come to find out he’s just hurt by an ex’s actions, and a lot spoiled by all his brother’s money and his momma(yup, he’s a Momma’s Boy too, so cute)
I can’t
Kelly
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brian Fox, I hate that I'm loving him and loving that I hate him. This is what he does to me. He is the manipulator of my emotions.

Lisa Suzanne takes you on another ride with the brother of the god of rock, Mark Ashton. Brian Fox is sexy, smart and makes woman drop their panties but unfortunately it always seems like he is hooking up with the wrong person. Enter Vivian Davenport, an equally intelligent, beautiful woman. Sparks, chemistry, lies and lust are the best words to describe what happens
Meg K
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So so good

I loved this book. I never read a duet until both books have been released because I’m an instant gratification girl all the way but I’m kind of sad that I didn’t read this sooner. I’m not sure how I ended up rooting for Brian by the end of this book but I totally am. I didn’t see the ending coming until right before it happened and am super angry at the moment but am hoping for some redemption after I finish It Ended with the Truth.

I 100% recommend this book. It’s interesting and
Connie
Wow! Is revenge really sweet? Is Brian finally getting paid back for all the down and dirty things he did with his rock-star brother's girlfriend/now wife? Although Vivian has "fixed" Brian's company, the way Mark paid her to, will it cost Brian everything he's lied, schemed, and worked for? Furthermore, Vivian's character turned out to be not that much better than Brian's. Her situation is not "complicated" because adultery is a choice not an excuse. Can't wait to see how this hot mess is ...more
Dilek VT
Oct 13, 2018 marked it as not-appealing
Coralee Corrigan
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it
Reading with 2 book lovers
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This author always knows how to make me enjoy a book.
I highly enjoyed this story and characters, I cant wait to read book 2 in this duet.
Kasey Sullivan
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Omg!
If you read the other books, Brian is not your favorite person. He’s awful, the worst.
Yet at the end of this story you can’t help but like the guy.
It says a lot about an author when they can take such a hated character and make the reader like them.
This story was good. Super slow burn but enjoyable to see the relationship grow. I loved reading about the other characters we met in Reese and Marks books. It’s fun to see how they all interact.

So many lies! When you lie that much it has to
SUZAN C.
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
It Started With a Lie, so how will it end?

There are always two sides of a story. Sometimes, if you're lucky or you work really hard, you win. In the case of Brian Fox, in It Started With a Lie, he traded his good looks and fast talking with high expense extravagance to keep his company ahead of the competition. But his luck soon runs out when his exuberant spending puts his business at risk of bankruptcy. With his famous and rich brother as his only option, Brian seeks financial rescue. But his
Alexandra
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Five intoxicating stars! What a tantalizing, stunning and addictive tale Lisa Suzanne delivered!

When lying feels so good...

For all that is sacred on earth and holy in heaven! After reading It Started with a Lie by Lisa Suzanne I’m left totally and irrevocably ruined and beyond repair! The first word that comes to my mind to describe this book is exquisiteness! Lisa Suzanne penned a captivating story that will trap you in a web of lies, raw attraction and forgiveness. The twists and turns will
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Caught in the Lies
  • Best Laid Plans
  • Want (Ryder Brothers, #2)
  • One Hot Night (Caught, #1.5)
  • Jude (Signature Sweethearts #3)
  • Throne of Lies (Legacy of Lies, #0.5)
  • But First, Coffee
  • Breaker
  • The End Game (Love Games #2)
  • Absolution
  • Legacy of Lies (Legacy of Lies, #1)
  • The Lying Game (Love Games, #1)
  • Cards of Love: Knight of Wands
  • Caught in the Flames
  • My One Regret
  • Run Away with Me (Lone Star Lovers, #4)
  • All I Need
  • More (Ryder Brothers, #3)
Lisa Suzanne is a romance author who resides in Arizona with her husband and two kids. She’s a former high school English teacher and college composition instructor. When she's not chasing her toddler or cuddling her baby, she can be found working on her latest book or watching reruns of Friends.

Truth and Lies Duet (2 books)
  • It Ended with the Truth (Truth and Lies Duet, #2)