Start by marking “Broad Knowledge (Women Up to No Good, #2)” as Want to Read:
Broad Knowledge (Women Up to No Good, #2)

Broad Knowledge (Women Up to No Good, #2)

Broad Knowledge: 35 Women Up To No Good is a feminist anthology of dark fiction and darker knowledge, edited by Joanne Merriam. Containing 35 stories of “bad” women, and “good” women who just haven’t been caught yet, it features 35 fearless writers who identify as female, non-binary, or a marginalized sex or gender identity. It’s the second in the Women Up To No Good serie ...more
Published November 20th 2018 by Upper Rubber Boot Books

To ask other readers questions about Broad Knowledge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Broad Knowledge

Start your review of Broad Knowledge (Women Up to No Good, #2)
Alex
I received an ARC from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

According to the introduction, in all of these stories, the pivotal moments revolve around what the characters know. And nothing is more frightening to the world than a woman who knows things. We all know that knowledge is power, but knowledge is also a very versatile and broad concept, which means that the stories in this anthology were also very versatile.

Overall, I have to say that most of the stories were a solid 3-4 stars
Annie
Nov 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: text
Broad Knowledge is an anthology of short stories from the Upper Rubber Boot "Women Up To No Good" collection, edited by Joanne Merriam. It contains 35 speculative fiction stories with female protagonists who get into or out of trouble because of their esoteric, scientific or other knowledge.

As with most short story collections, I enjoyed some contributions a lot more than others. There was an excellent one about a sex robot engineering a better life for herself, an atmospheric one about a group
Frances
I did not slip; that's five stars. And yes, this means this anthology has hit my "I don't care if you don't usually check out the genre, I really think you should check out this book" threshhold. This latest entry in the series is fantastic; dark, weird, hopeful, and funny by turns. Highly, highly recommended.
Estel
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really liked this short story collection. I have been reading these in reverse order and this one is much stronger than the third. Several of these stories will be staying with me for quite a while.
Inna
Mar 30, 2019
V.L. Burke
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was drawn to this compilation because I greatly enjoy the writing of Minghao Xu. After reading her previous short story, "Mr. Kim" I was excited to read her next offering. The author did not disappoint with her present story, "Think, Baby Turtle," and again I was immersed in a story that made me invested in the characters and the outcome of their lives. The depth of feeling evoked by the author's character development is what keeps me wanting to read more from her.
A
Jul 05, 2019
Standback
Oct 08, 2018 marked it as must-read
Shelves: short-fiction
ummm HELLO anthology with stories by R.S. Benedict and Charlotte Ashley AND Angela Slatter!

::smashes the PREORDER button::
Jul 02, 2018
Tiffany
Jul 04, 2018
Joanne Merriam
Jul 08, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Ket
Aug 22, 2018
Casey Gaines
Sep 07, 2018
Michael Joseph Schumann
Sep 11, 2018
Rati Mehrotra
Sep 24, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Sarah Chester
Dec 10, 2018
Ms_prue
Dec 22, 2018
Laura Price
Dec 25, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Louise A. Coyer
Aspasia
Mar 03, 2019
Nikki Noey
Mar 03, 2019

• Blue Moon (Jack Reacher, #24)
  • The Ten Thousand Doors of January
  • The Starless Sea
  • Call Down the Hawk (Dreamer Trilogy, #1)
  • Middlegame (Middlegame, #1)
  • The Water Cure
  • The Future of Another Timeline
  • The Sun Sister (The Seven Sisters, #6)
  • The Fated Sky (Lady Astronaut, #2)
  • The Lola Quartet
  • The Western Wind
  • The Confession
  • This Green and Pleasant Land
  • Archangel (Samaria, #1)
  • The Archived (The Archived, #1)
  • The Unkindest Tide (October Daye, #13)
  • The Tea Master and the Detective (The Universe of Xuya)
  • Paper Girls, Vol. 5
Joanne Merriam is the owner and publisher of Upper Rubber Boot Books. She is the co-editor (with H. L. Nelson) of the feminist anthology of dark fiction, Choose Wisely: 35 Women Up To No Good , and editor of its sequel, Broad Knowledge: 35 Women Up To No Good as well as the immigrant science fiction anthology, How to Live on Other Planets: A Handbook for Aspiring Aliens and the adventur ...more