Start by marking “Cannabis for Seniors” as Want to Read:
Cannabis for Seniors

Cannabis for Seniors

CANNABIS FOR SENIORS is written for independent seniors - as well as for family members and caretakers seeking ways to manage their everyday health concerns without resorting to powerful, habit-forming, potentially dangerous medications.

CANNABIS FOR SENIORS reviews the latest scientific research regarding the health effects of marijuana and the effectiveness of various can
Published March 20th 2017 by Ronin Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Cannabis for Seniors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cannabis for Seniors

Start your review of Cannabis for Seniors
Kelly Long
Feb 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, nonfiction
Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for providing this book in exchange for an honest review.
This book gives a good amount of information about cannabis strains, consumption, and uses. The main focus is on Seniors and how cannabis can help with health issues mostly faced by seniors but there is plenty of useful information for people of all ages.
There is a good mix of basic information about cannabis as well as research and scientific studies. I especially liked the chapters on how cannab
M - The long hot spell
There are some issues with this Kindle book. I’ve got to say that right off the bat. But it’s got some good information in it too, so I’ll break it down for you.

To clarify there are various products and ways of taking cannabis from those that get a person high to those that have almost no THC (the active ingredient for recreational use) but high levels of the other cannabinoids which have a variety of health benefits. The book is not suggesting that THC does not also have benefits for some peopl
FMSWarrior
May 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wish I had found this book two years ago. While my doctor had suggested I try it for my chronic pain, he didn’t have much information to share, other than another patient who used morphine for pain had successfully switched to cannabis. I found that in our state’s new Medical Cannabis market there were not a lot of bud tenders who really knew enough to help me find a good strain for my pain.

Over the past two years I have researched and researched and tried various strains until I found what wo
Sbblessedbe
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Copyrighted 2017. Approximately 200pgs 3 1/2* There is a lot of information in this book. The author talks a lot about mental health issues and some about physical issues with emphasis on pain management. She speak at great depth about the opioid epidemic. She frequently speaks in technical terms. She doesn't speak of just cannabis but also of mindfulness therapies. What I didn't like was that there was much repetition. Also I was hoping for more info on the actual use of cannabis products. At t ...more
Suzanne Hare
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is an how-to, information book on cannabis specifically for seniors. It is well written, easy to understand, flows well and has larger print. I like that pictures and tables were used to break up the narrative as many books can be dry. The information provided is well sourced and references are given at the end. Overall the information is useful and comprehensive. The reason cannabis might be useful for a senior is explained. Some of the Information included; what is cannabis, how to take i ...more
Suzanne Irving
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When I got this book I assumed that it would be a simple beginner guide to cannabis. I found it to be so much better than I thought it would be. I am creeping up to my senior years and have some painful conditions so I thought that I might find out some things about trying cannabis.
I would recommend this book for anyone, not just seniors who are interested in reading about using cannabis in a therapeutic way. This is a terrific book that while not going into each illness in depth covers everyth
Elizabeth Dodd
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
A good balance of technical details and accessibility.
Makes good arguments for how cannabis can offer alternatives to more extreme drugs for health matters that can impact an older person's life.
I wish the ebook I read had been better edited. Photos and their captions often overlap the regular copy.
Cheryl Sanders
Feb 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
This information is good to know and is a good starting point. Some recipes might be confusing but others seem simple enough to make it at home. I think the recipes should be extremely specific when dealing with cannabis and those making these recipes for the first time.
Connie
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I found this book to be very informative and would recommend it to anyone considering medical Marijuana.
It will educate you about the differences and how they affect your symptoms.

Trisa Hugo
Ivory Reid
Apr 08, 2020
Steve Goldberg
Dec 16, 2020

• A Billionaire Dom (The Holden Brothers #3)
  • Initiation
  • Discovering Leigh.
  • The Alpha and His King (Kincaid Pack #1)
  • Unlikely Reunion (Improbable Bonds, #1)
  • Unraveled (Inked #1)
  • Big Bad Lawyer (Misters of Manhattan Book 1)
  • Claimed by Fate
  • Broken Circle (Gray Ghost #1)
  • Covert Threat (Gray Ghost #5)
  • The Liberation of Miss X (Victorian Submission Book 1)
  • Beneath the Surface (Gray Ghost #3)
  • Gunnar (Hell's Ankhor #2)
  • Finding Finley
  • Perfect Blend: Kofi's Omega (Bear's Cove #3)
  • Guarding His Mate (Everglow Pack #2)
  • A Vampire Bewitched (Deathless Night #1)
  • The Lark and the Bull

News & Interviews

Nature, in Her infinite awesomeness, can provide solace even when you’re stuck in the house. As a matter of fact, the numbers suggest that...