Start by marking “Taking Chase (Chase Brothers, #2)” as Want to Read:
Taking Chase (Chase Brothers, #2)

(Chase Brothers #2)

Cassie Gambol is on the run. In what seems like another lifetime, her ex-husband nearly ended her life and effectively ended her successful career as a vascular surgeon. But even though the justice system found him guilty of attempted murder, he fled while awaiting sentencing and Carly Sunderland became Cassie Gambol. Fleeing Los Angeles, she heads to small and off the map ...more
Trade Paperback, 253 pages
Published February 20th 2007 by Samhain Publishing (first published November 21st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Taking Chase, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taking Chase

Start your review of Taking Chase (Chase Brothers, #2)
Dina
Taking Chase is the second book in Lauren Dane's Chase Brothers series and it's older brother Shane's story.

Shane was introduced in Giving Chase, where he pretty much acted like a jerk and failed to endear himself to me, but I knew he would have to change in this book if Ms. Dane had any intention of making him a likable hero. What I didn't expect to see was how abrupt his change was, so it was hard to believe it at first. Right from the start of this book, previously callous and relationship-sh
Miss Kim
Jan 05, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance lovers
The four Chase brothers are Petal, Georgia’s most sought-after bachelors. Kyle fell for Maggie in book one, Giving Chase. (Highly recommend that one) I was anticipating Shane Chase’s story. He came as a total a**hole in the first book. You got a sense that he hated himself for it, but that’s just how he is. He’s the town sheriff and is a borderline uber-alpha, if you ask me. That is until he meets Cassie Gambol...then he gets bumped down to plain old alpha.

Cassie rolls into town on the run from
Daisiemae
Apr 17, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All of my friends here on goodreads that haven't joined in on the Chase Brother's bandwagon
Recommended to Daisiemae by: Auntee
Wow! I have decided that I want to be adoped by the Chase family. What a clan! I honestly didn't know what I would think of this book. I loved Giving Chase, but I thought that Shane, although hurt from the betrayal of his ex-fiance, was such a player and his thoughtlessness hurt others...particularly women in general. I have to say I thought he redeemed himself in this one.
Cassie Gambol is on the run from her ex-husband. He is so obsessed with controlling her he set out to kill her. When he was
Shawna
5 stars – Contemporary Romance/Romantic Suspense

Taking Chase is the second book in a feel good, love conquers all contemporary romance series about the four hunky Chase Brothers (Kyle, Shane, Marc, and Matt) of small town Petal, Georgia and their loving, doting, spitfire mother Polly and tenderhearted, wise, lawyer father Edward.

Hard, gruff, town sheriff and oldest brother Shane Chase has been guarding his broken heart by casually dating vapid, shallow women ever since catching his fiancée cheat
Auntee
Feb 20, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Romance fans, erotic romance fans
Just perfect! Beautifully written love story with just enough conflict between the H/H to make it interesting.

Cassie Gambol, a beautiful doctor and a victim of domestic abuse, just wants to disappear from her old life and the terrible memories of her ex-husband and start new somewhere. On the run from her ex, she flees L.A. and ends up in the small town of Petal, Georgia, and soon meets up with the colorful Chase family.

Shane Chase is the town sheriff, and just about the sexiest man Cassie has e
.Under the pages
May 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-stars, review
Review available at Under the Pages.

description
Spoiler Free Review -Quick Review
3.5 STARS out of 5
Genre: Adult Romance
Series: Book #2 In the Chase Brothers series

I find myself very much enjoying this series with the Chase brothers!

Cassie Gambol is running from something and she is most definitely hiding something. Sheriff Shane Chase is no fool he plans to figure out exactly what it is. What he does not expect is to become totally smitten with her and fall in love.

Cassie barely escaped with her life after her ex-husband beat her within an in
Beth
Mar 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cassie is hiding out after she was beaten nearly to death by her ex-husband…who just happened to escape from custody and never was charged.

Chase is a man who stands away from commitment because his ex left him.

There is strong chemistry in a small town setting and family relations.

Entertaining, flirty and fun but still manages deep subject matter creating lots of emotional scarring and room for amazing character growth.

I received this ARC copy of Taking Chase from HARLEQUIN - Carina Press. This i
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Shane Chase the oldest of the Chase Brothers and Petal’s sheriff meets his match when Cassie Gambol comes to town and it immediately rear ended by his mother, Polly. Two strong willed people both with relationship triggers make Taking Chase an explosive romance.

Even some ten odd years after reading this book for the first time every time I re-read it I am in awe of the strength of Cassie Gambol. Cassie’s history isn’t pretty and she is determined to start a new life and leave it behind and even
Emily
Cassie Gambol's first view of Petal, Georgia is brief before she is rear ended by speedy gonzales whose hair is a creation unlike she has ever seen before. Sheriff Shane Chase can't believe his mother is involved in yet another accident, but her current victim has left the commitment phobe man speechless.

Shane knows Cassie is hiding something and like any good cop he plans to fall out what. Of course he also has planned to woo her until he wins her over at the same time. Shane never planned to l
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Taking Chase by Lauren Dane is book Two in the Chase Brothers series. This is the story of Cassie and Shane. I have read the previous book but feel this can be a standalone book. This is a re-release as the first publishing was around 2007 and does have a new cover.
Cassie was once Carly Sunderland a successful surgeon but back then she had a ex-husband trying to kill her. Now she on the run because he escaped the system and he out to finish what he started.
Now Cassie is hiding out in Petal, Ge
Corrine
Apr 20, 2009 rated it liked it
This one was kind of disappointing on two fronts. The first is that battered woman finding trust and love again is one of my favorite tropes (I think it's because my first ever romance was Public Secrets by Nora Roberts), so I really expected to love this book. Second, after meeting Shane Chase in the first book. I thought he was going to have a real struggle falling in love with a woman and being able to trust her.

The storyline of Cassie moving on and growing stronger after her ex-husband near
Kathrynn
Enjoyed this fairly light, easy-to-read, trade paperback set in the small, fictitious town of Petal, Georgia. This is the second in the Chase Brother's series and I recommend the books be read in order because the characters overlap.

It was nice reading about all the Chase family members, the eccentric Polly Chase (mom), brothers and a few new characters pop into this one. Taking Chase was a romantic suspense, with a police officer theme and passed through two Christmas time periods to boot!

Cass
Kristen
Taking Chase is the second book in Lauren Dane's, Chase Brothers series.

I enjoyed this book and feel the writing is better than the first. It was definitely more serious. I liked Shane's and Cassie's characters. They had good chemistry throughout the book, but I wasn't as engaged in their love story as I'd hoped. I felt I was told what their thoughts and feelings were instead of being allowed to experience them. Consequently, I never felt a strong emotional connection to them while reading this
Dali
Lauren Dane adds to her Chase Brothers series a tumultuous romance with the tale of the oldest Chase brother and the woman who swept his heart when she rolled into town.

After years of suffering mental and physical abuse and almost dying at the hands of her ex-husband, Carly Sunderland needs to get away. Not just to start a new life but to hide from the man who fled after being convicted of attempted murder.

With her new identity in hand, Cassie Gambol moves to the small town of Petal, Georgia wh
Marta Cox
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was written several years ago and my review is for the new publication of it. As far as I’m aware there are very few changes apart from a little clean up editing wise. This is the second in the series that features the Chase family of Petal, Georgia and from the very beginning it’s clear just how close this sprawling family is.
Cassie is reinventing herself following her abusive marriage and the condition it’s left both her mind and body in. The last thing she needs is a suspicious, med
Iman
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Quick notes so that I remember et why the 5 ⭐️ :
- strong smart h
- awesome secondary characters
- sweet but over the top alpha H, who eventually manages to control himself
- some suspense
- slow burn but not too slow
- I kind of want to hear about the whole family now 😊
Maria
Sep 29, 2020 added it
Shelves: dnf
DNF @ 30% same story different cover. I really have read this story a thousand times before. I've fallen into a rut. ...more
~Mandi~
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Chase Brothers #2
Lauren Dane
5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Another excellent read by Lauren Dane. She never fails me. She adds so much emotion to her stories and I can’t put them down. Can’t wait to start on Book 3 of these sexy Chase Brothers.
Thanks NetGalley for the arc in exchange for my honest review.
UnusualChild{beppy}

Synopsis: Cassie is on the run, and has left her old life behind to hide in a small town in Georgia. When she first gets to town, she gets rear-ended, and meets the town sheriff, and ends up being neighbours with a paramedic, who happens to be his brother. While Cassie thinks that the sheriff is good looking, she isn't looking for anything with a man, not even friendship.
Shane is the sheriff and knows that something isn't right with the newest citizen of Petal. But once he figures out t
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
ARC received for review

Book reprint

Another hot Chase boy with just an amazing family. Her brother wasn't too bad either. This was better than the first one, but boy did this two have past issues that just keep rearing their ugly heads right when everything was going good. Her psycho ex, his ex, her has gotten more psycho ex...you get the picture.
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)

We met Shane in the first book when he shortly dated his now sister in law. Although I wasn’t a bit fan of that intermingling of siblings and picking up your brothers’ exes, well, Kyle was the better choice in that case. But Shane always seemed like the dark, sexy and brooding type. Typical cop behavior.

Of course I had to love that he got a heroine that has gone through a lot and who is actually on the run from her ex husband who went completely nuts and tried to kill her. She comes to Petal
Joy (joyous reads)
Jul 12, 2012 rated it liked it
This was slightly better than the first book of the series but not that much. I think it had something to do with the time Ms. Dane took to develop her characters a bit better. Shane, though... I can't say that I've changed my mind about him even if the author worked hard at giving him some substance.

In Giving Chase, he was the commitment-phobe who treated Maggie horribly. His excuse? A bad experience with a cheating ex. What I don't understand was that this phobia simply evaporated with Cassie.
Lindsay
I was pleased with this book. After reading Giving Chase (and loving it) and Chased (and being irritated by it) I was worried that I wouldn’t like Taking Chase. I actually really enjoyed the book. I was also worried about liking Shane, based on his character in Giving Chase, but he was redeemed and became a likable character. I also really liked Cassie, and she was really good for Shane.

However, my only complaint was with Shane. I never thought I would complain about this, but at times Shane wa
Celeste
Mar 13, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic! I liked this second book in Lauren Dane's, Chase Brother series more than I liked the first... and I have heard they only get better, so I'm glad to have something to look forward to!

And can I just say how happy I am that Shane's not a jerk anymore?! I was really hating on him for a while there! But he definitely cleaned up his act pretty fast... and he was so SWEET with Cassie! I fell in love with their story... I will be reading this one over again that's for sure.
Cindy
Mar 22, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Book 2 in the Chase Brothers series has convinced me I want to 1) move to Petal, Georgia and 2) get myself adopted by the Chase family. But since that is not going to happen I guess I'll just have to say Lauren Dane did her usual outstanding writing job: tight plot, engaging characters and colorfully detailed setting. Great read!

Chase Brothers:
GIVING CHASE
CHASED
Making Chase
Ann
3.5 stars.
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)
This is very similar to the first book in the series, but that didn't stop me from enjoying it. Once again a sweet and easy read. ...more
Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews
I love this series, I loved it back in 2010 and I still love it now, almost ten years later I love that this whole series is getting re vamped. They are the original BOOM story that some new authors are writing now ya know like Aurora Rose and Harper Sloan... ect

This one is about Shane and Cassie,and from the first page i couldn't out it down again with the re read.

Shane has fallen hard for Cassie, And Cassie she has had alot a crap to deal with, like a Crazy ex who want to kill her!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Dangerous Games (Tempting SEALs, #2)
  • Hidden Away (KGI, #3)
  • Cherished (Delicious, #1)
  • Kept (Gemini Men, #2)
  • Shades of Gray (KGI, #6)
  • Colters' Daughter (Colters' Legacy, #3)
  • Ruining Mr. Perfect (The McCauley Brothers, #3)
  • Caught (Gemini Men, #1)
  • Thrown by a Curve (Play by Play, #5)
  • Killer Secrets (Tempting SEALs,  #5)
  • Changing the Game (Play by Play, #2)
  • Midnight Angel (Midnight, #3)
  • One Sweet Ride (Play by Play, #6)
  • Axel (Corps Security, #1)
  • Danger Next Door (Red Stone Security, #2)
  • What You Need (Need You, #1)
  • All You Need (Need You, #3)
  • The Darkest Hour (KGI, #1)
See top shelves…
Lauren Dane has been writing stories since she was able to use a pencil, and before that she used to tell them to people. Of course, she still talks nonstop, and through wonderful fate and good fortune, she’s now able to share what she writes with others. It’s a wonderful life!

The basics: Lauren is a mom, a partner, a best friend and a daughter. Living in the rainy but beautiful Pacific Northwest

Chase Brothers (4 books)
  • Giving Chase (Chase Brothers, #1)
  • Chased (Chase Brothers, #3)
  • Making Chase (Chase Brothers, #4)