Start by marking “Ain't Doin' It (Simple Man, #4)” as Want to Read:
Ain't Doin' It (Simple Man, #4)

Ain't Doin' It

(Simple Man #4)

Coke Solomon has lived a full life.

He’s a retired army drill sergeant, so he is more than used to getting his way.

And if he can’t have it his way? Well, let’s just say that’s never happened before…

At least not until Cora Maldonado walks into his life, demanding he fall in line, or she’ll find a way to make his life hell.

He finds out fast that Cora marches to the beat of he
Published July 6th 2018

Start your review of Ain't Doin' It (Simple Man, #4)
Mandy
Call me crazy but when I pay $4.99 for an ebook, I take the time to read the blurb first. This one sounded good and I’m a sucker for a huge age gap. The blurb says that the hero is 20 years older and that the heroines dad would rather see him dead than with his daughter- so I bought it and jumped in. Imagine my surprise when the hero is 35 and the heroine is 25. I’m not a math genius but that’s only a ten year age gap so I was a bit annoyed but it wasn’t a deal breaker. Then that angsty family d ...more
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
I think it’s safe to say that I am fully entrenched in the Lani Lynn Vale fandom and I don’t see myself leaving. Her books really do it for me. I find that she does follow a certain formula for her male and female protagonists and her plots and they work so please don’t ever try to fix what ain’t broke. Her books give me a strange sense of comfort. I know exactly what I’m going to get and so I can trust that when I buy her books, I will never be disappointed. She creates characters that I can’t ...more
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and Spoilers)
The author doesn't know how to do math?
Heroine is 25 and hero supposedly is 35 how is that 20 years older than the heroine?
She also forgot that in the previous books she wrote him as a 40 year old man?
The ow drama was OTT ridiculous too.
Inconsistencies, inconsistencies. *smh*
Lu Bielefeld
This author is no longer for me.
I insisted on this reading, but I have to let go.
I loved her first books, but her last ones were all downhill.
I'm sorry.
----------------
I imagined the hero much older than our heroine, but mentions that he is 35 years old. I think he's still young and not that old guy on the cover of the book. I do not think it matched the guy.
The heroine is peculiar, that's all I have to say.
Nothing new in history, supposed alpha male with crazy ex-wife, teenage daughter, pro
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
Aintdoinitteaser
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️STARS
ARC BOOK REVIEW
Release Date-6/7/18

So this was my first book by this particular author and it was mostly a great experience with only a few tiny nit-picks from me.
So this was an easy enjoyable read that though part of a series of interconnecting novels that focused on an individual couple, I still managed to follow along with fairly easily.
At its heart "Ain't Doin It" is a contemporary romance with some added suspensful elements.
I liked both the main characters Cora and Coke very muc
Kathy West
Jul 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
I liked my first impression of Cora. I felt she was strong and independent. She wanted to do things for herself and didn’t want to rely on anyone else. But Cora has a few issues. Issues that come from an event she went through when she was little.

I liked Coke from the first time we meet him. That poor man and his WITCH of an ex-wife. I felt so bad going through the story and learning what he went through. He was such a strong man for dealing with her.

Coke tried to keep his distance from Cora. He
Gi's Spot Reviews
4.25 ‘ His Voice made me DO IT’ Stars

Oh LA LA… Talk about a orgasmic voice! And the whole package – even some excess one, lol – that went along with it! Cora had ZERO chance to resist her new and silver fox neighbor!

Cora has recently moved to Hostel, and barely settled in, she has to deal with a apparent noisy neighbor. After gearing up for a confrontation, she was shell shocked, and speechless when faced with the handsome and raspy voiced that was Coke Solomon.

“Cora?”
I’d know that raspy, deep
Julia
Jun 23, 2018 marked it as fuck-no-pass
It sorta amazes me that LLV can get away with writing the same book 20 times over.

Near virgin h? ✅
Twenty year age difference? ✅
“Crazy” ex wife? ✅✅✅✅
Victoria
Jul 12, 2018 rated it liked it
I’ll round this up to three stars but I feel like thats being generous. The writer has been hit or miss with me before and while the writing wasn’t awful, the story just felt completely flat to me. It will probably be somewhere between a really long time and never before I read more from this writer. Just personal tastes, I’m obviously in the minority.
Rosa Sharon (iScream Book Blog)

"I made a mental note. When he was aroused, his voice sounded like he'd gargled with gravel."

I met Coke in the previous book and I've been bouncing with excitement ever since. He's my kinda guy, all broody and bossy and growly, but gentle with his daughter. That gave me a glimpse of how he would be when he finally met the right woman. You know, opposite of his daughter's mother, his psycho ex. Yeah, I met her too. No wonder he's so damn grumpy...

I adored Cora from the get-go. She's very
Cheryl Whitty
Reviewed on Behalf of http://bookaddict.live,
I loved this quirky and sexy romance between Cora and her neighbour Coke.
Cora falls for Coke straight away, but Coke fights his attraction because of the age difference. This is told from dual points of view which I always enjoy better. This has Coke’s crazy Ex-wife causes more than a little bit of trouble for the pair This is pure entertainment from start to finish, I read this in one go it was so crazy.
This is part of the simple man series, but can
Lindsay
Jul 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, july2018
I'm tally torn on how to rate this. On one hand, I liked Cora and Coke, but I had so many issues with the story that overall, the book was just ok.

I'm really starting to feel like the author needs better Beta readers. I'm sorry, but a 5'3" woman who's a size 8 is NOT overweight.

I was not overweight, per se, but I was on the verge of being embarrassed about my size.
On the verge, meaning, I wasn’t quite there yet.
In my mind, I was more like an Oompa Loompa than I was a person, but, since I was f
Rebecca
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’m not sure if it’s the English teacher in me or if it’s the fact that each book in Lani Lynn Vale’s Simple Man series has a complex storyline that takes readers on one hell of a ride, but what’s clear is that there is nothing simple about any of the stories in this series; in fact, the title’s ironic meaning is beyond exemplified in each story because readers don’t know what they’re getting themselves into when they start one of these books, and let me tell you, Lani Lynn Vale may have just cr ...more
Astraycat
I've reread Freebirds series several times. My favorite series of this author's. The h's parents were Gabe and Ember. Couldn't believe Cora was totally grow-up. This was a great read. H was not that much older than her, but he had a seventeen-year-old daughter already. And a horrible ex. Just wish the author gave us more about their wedding or proposal.

If you've read Highway Don't Care (Freebirds, #2), you can give it a try.
Red Cheeks Reads
5 SMOOCHES!

I’m really enjoying Lani Lynn Vale’s Simple Man series with its pairings of everyday, regular guys with quirky, fiery heroines. What makes this particular series stand out is that it’s a second-generation series with one of the parties in each of the Simple Man couples is a child of one of the couples from Vale’s debut series, Freebirds. With that comes something that Vale’s devoted fans absolutely love: numerous appearances throughout these stories by favorite characters from many of
Vashti
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
While I enjoyed reading this book,there was waaay too much drama with his crazy ex wife. She was mentioned too much and in every darn chapter till the end.
MiDouradoP
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Totally doing it!

This is my first book by this author, and I really liked! It will definitely not be the last one!

First things first, there were some inconsistencies. The age gap between the main characters, sometimes I had a little trouble with the line of story, getting me a little confused, and some details that didn't quite add, but maybe it was just me not being familiar with the author and her work.

That being said, and repeating myself, this will not be my last book by her. The story had r
Emily
Coke Solomon is a man who made one mistake and although that mistake got him his beautiful daughter it also shackled him with a ex-wife who likes to steer up trouble. He can deal with the daily barrage of harassment but what he can't handle is his infatuation with Cora Maldonado. Cora is twenty years younger than Coke and he tried to stay away but he is falling fast for the woman who is an enigma to him. When danger arrives though will he be able to protect her?

This was a bit of a surprise. I lo
Kodie Mackay
Hmm I'm not entirely sure how this sliped through the cracks but I'm going to do a re'read before reviewing because I know for damn sure I read this on release day.

Edit:: I reviewed the other addition on GR. THIS IS WHY I HATE TECHNOLOGY. Why can't it just have one page.

Yes finally Coke and Cora's story!. After reading Get You Some I just couldn't wait to get my greedy mits on Coke and delve deep into what makes that man tick.

So Cora is definitely not what I expected!. Especially with Ember as
Renee
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Coke Solomon has lived a full life. He's a retired army drill sergeant, so he is more than used to getting his way. And if he can't have it his way? Well, lets just say that's never happened before... At least not until Cora Maldonado walks into his life, demanding he fall in line, or she will find a way to make his life hell. He finds out fast that Cora marches to the beat of her own drum, and a lot
Kodie Mackay

So Cora is definitely not what I expected!. Especially with Ember as her mom one would think she surly would be loud and proud?. Absolutely not that girl is her fathers daughter right down to the ground with the tiny exception of her comic drawings... that's definitely more Embers humour me thinks.
Extremely introverted it's fair to say p
Brandy Roberts
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing book written by a truly talented author Lani Lynn vale has written some of my favorites stories her books always find their way on the top of my list after the the first page . If she is a new author to you you need to get her books as soon as possible you wont regret it and to those who are on the Lani train this is already in your kindles and you don't need me to tell you how incredible this Ain't doin it is you'll just know . I'm a huge fan of next gen and seeing the children ...more
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
description
Sweet, snarky, sexy….

I LOVED Coke and Cora’s story! L-O-V-E-D it! This author knows people – how they think, feel and get by in this wonky world. They are flawed, as close to not perfect as you can get, but that makes these characters shine even more…

Coke was as cranky, steady and solid as the glimpses of him showed in Get You Some. A bad marriage and a crazier ex couldn’t take away the good father, the good man, he really was. His relationship with his daughter spoke volumes for his integrity
Sara ✨ Next Book Review Blog ✨
I tell ya, I fall into every single one of Lani Lynn Vale’s stories! Her characters seem to grab you right by the heart and they don’t let go! I knew once I read Get You Some that I was going to adore Coke! Of course I did! Who isn’t going to love a man when he defends and helps a woman who the entire town shuns? I fell for him and his ability to give June some sort of normal life! And Cora… Cora is amazing even if she doesn’t believe it!

As I’ve come to expect from Ms. Vale there is a bit of sus
Brandi
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
My favorite book in the series so far. It had very likable main characters, bad guys that were actually integrated throughout the story & hot, sexy times.

Coke & Cora just jived so well together. Their chemistry, their personalities, their sexual compatibility... They just fit together like two puzzle pieces & that was awesome.

REALLY wish that Beatrice would've gotten more than that penitentiary nonsense but I'll take what I can get, I suppose. She has caused trouble for Coke, for so many years
Kylee
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ain't Doin' It is the fourth book in the Simple Man series and one that will have you so in love with Cora just because she is a little different and a little quirky. Two people that may appear so different but deep down are so much alike because they just want to be loved for who they are. As these two develop a connection that neither of them see coming, it might just set off a chain of events that neither of them can predict. Their story will make you laugh, get you a little anxious and keep ...more
Ryan - Sweet Red Reader
Jul 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-love
I was really looking forward to Coke and Cora's story after meeting Coke and his ape$h!+ crazy ex-wife in Get You Some, but I have to admit, this wasn't my favorite in the bunch. I loved Coke and I liked Cora and I loved the requisite craziness that ensued, but the plot almost seemed a bit haphazard - like... what I can I do to these people next? I am stoked to find out what becomes of Frankie and Luca, but I just didn't feel invested in Coke and Cora like I wanted to be, especially since I real ...more
Fiona Fog
Finding Love when your not even looking.

I loved the quirkinesses of this story, throw in the characters who have engaged as they converse back and fourth.

When Cora confronts her neighbor and the incessant noise he’s making she’s not prepared for him or these feelings that are running through her. More of a loner she’s comfortable in her own space. She’s a different from any other lead I’ve read. She’s quirky, and she’s not perfect.

Coke has been content with his life since having left the mili
Dana Busenbark
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Who is Cora and what is she doing in Hostel? Who is Coke? What is he doing at o'dark-15? Who are Beatrice, Frankie, Janie, and Kayla? I really liked June. When Cora goes next door to talk to Coke, what happens? How is she found? I love Coke's brother's names: Ale, Absinthe, Bellini, and Jim. Why do we get to meet them? I loved seeing the Hail Auto Crew show up in this book. Oh boy, is this book full up on the Crazy Train!!!! It ends with an incredible HEA, but there are times you won't be sure i ...more
Carrie
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love Cora & Coke! Oh my goodness, they are an adorable couple! Yes, adorable, even tho Coke is growly & gruff & alpha & BA. Cora's pretty BA, herself, truthfully. And it was great to see more of Frankie, who I enjoyed in the previous book in the series.

I liked the friendship Cora & Coke build, and enjoyed their path to an HEA - even thru the twists & turns & crazy that's thrown their way! The way they handle things for the most part got two thumbs up.

LOVE the ending, although I did wish we'd h
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Justice for You (SAPD SWAT #5)
  • Surrender to You (SAPD SWAT, #1)
  • Addicted to You (SAPD SWAT, #2)
  • Hammered with You (Ross Brothers, #2)
  • Getting the Axe (Ross Brothers, #3)
  • Until Talon (Until Her/Him, #9)
  • Cuffed by You (SAPD SWAT #3)
  • Protected by You (SAPD SWAT #4)
  • Frisked by You (SAPD SWAT #6)
  • Born to It: Hellions Motorcycle Club (Hellions Ride On #1)
  • T.A. (Biker Bitches, #6)
  • Wild Like the Wind (Chaos, #5)
  • His Honey (Wounded Souls, #2)
  • His Lady (Wounded Souls, #4)
  • Baiting Him (How to Catch an Alpha #2)
Lani Lynn Vale is married to the love of her life that she met in high school. She fell in love with him because he was wearing baseball pants. Ten years later they have three perfectly crazy children and a cat named Demon who likes to wake her up at ungodly times in the night. They live in the greatest state in the world, Texas. She writes contemporary and romantic suspense, and has a love for al ...more

Simple Man (5 books)
  • Kinda Don't Care (Simple Man #1)
  • Maybe Don't Wanna (Simple Man, #2)
  • Get You Some (Simple Man, #3)
  • Too Bad So Sad (Simple Man, #5)

News & Interviews