Start by marking “Maddox (Vested Interest, #3)” as Want to Read:
Maddox (Vested Interest, #3)

Maddox

(Vested Interest #3)

USA Today Bestselling Series

Three young men meet in university and form a lifelong friendship.

Their pasts dictate the men they are, but their present shapes their future.
What happens when these men meet the one person they are destined to be with? Can they fight their feelings and walk away? Or will they each succumb and learn the sweet agony of love?

Maddox

Brought
ebook, 1st Edition, 209 pages
Published July 9th 2018 by Moreland Books Inc (first published June 13th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Maddox, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maddox

Start your review of Maddox (Vested Interest, #3)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Maddox is book three in the Vested Interest series by Melanie Moreland. I’ve been so looking forward to Maddox and Dee’s story. This was by far the steamiest of the first three books! And once again, Melanie starts this one out with a prologue that completely slayed me. Just a glimpse into the childhood of our dear Maddox and what made him the man he is today.

Maddox Riley is thirty years old, a couple of years younger than his two partners at BAM, Bentley and Aiden. Maddox is the numbers man of
Alex ♈
Jul 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Safe read.
Very likable heroine, my favorite in this series.

Ok hero. I didn't like the twist - aka poor boy Christian from the '50th land'..., but whatever.

My PERSONAL reading and living preference - I don't like my heroines submissive/control-giving, neither in life nor in the bedroom.
The whole 'control thing' in this story made me skip almost all sex scenes.

Adorable epilogue! The best part of this book!
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Jun 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
4 I’m Yours Stars!
(ARC provided by author)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Maddox Riley had a tough childhood, but now has built the life he’s always wanted in Toronto. He has an amazing career as the numbers guy for BAM, the company he’s built into an empire with his best friends and business partners Bentley and Aiden. They work in real estate and investment properties, and are quite wealthy. Bentley & Aiden have become his family over the years, and have recently formed a great group of friends. Through these friends he
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

"I don’t date,” she insisted, stubborn as a child being told something they didn’t want to hear. I scrubbed my face. “I hate to break it to you, my lovely. We’ve been dating the past few months.” She sat up, clutching a pillow in front of her like a talisman. “We have not!” I sat up as well, grabbing her shoulders. “Listen to me. We’ve been having dinner, meeting with our friends, talking on the phone, texting. Having sex.” I dropped my voice. “Amazing, crazy sex. Neither of us i
Hanne
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Maddox is the third book in the Vested Interest series. This novel is an amazing addition to the series. I loved it from cover to cover. Just like the others novels, Maddox is a beautiful, hot, unique and a little suspenseful novel. I’m really loving the Vested Interest series! I have fallen in love with every woman and every man. It’s impossible to choose a favorite character so far.

After watching his best friends (Bentley and Aiden) find their happily ever after, it’s time for Maddox to find h
Beth ~ Panda & Boodle
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“All you have to do is ask.”
“All you have to do is take.”

Right, let’s get one thing straight. Maddox = MINE. I mean, I claimed him way, back when, and now I’ve read his story, I’ve even more obsessed with him. Even more in love with him.

Even more in love with this series, TBH.

Anyway

Melanie Moreland, I don’t even know what to say. I begged, pleaded and made doe-eyes at her until she let me get my hands on Maddox early, and whoa, I am not sorry I behaved that way at all. I was verily glued to the page
Syndi
Nov 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Cheesy! But good cheesy. The sex scenes are too much. Too unnecessary. At certain point i got bored. The conflict is forced. I think this book is meant only for sex then the author forced conflict in the middle. Short and unbelievable conflict. Does not fit. The attraction between De anf maddox is also inconvincing.

I give 3 stars in credit for thr steamy sex.

3 stars
Nicola
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Melanie Moreland brings us Maddox and Dee’s story with the third in her Vested Interest series and, having been been fed little morsels of them together in Bentley and Aiden, I was looking forward for the floor being all theirs.

description Some would say the best sex is with someone you love.”
“Well, we prove them wrong, don’t we?”

Once again Moreland has brought her reader a story with romance, twists, drama and a wonderfully flawed couple who set the pages alight with their chemistry. Strong, independe
Carvanz
Audiobook: Narrators - John Lane and Maxine Mitchell

Great representation of the characters. Each very distinctive, especially those BAM boys. I enjoyed listening to this and Mr. Lane’s voice is absolute perfection!

I loved getting Maddox’s full story. His past has left him with the need to be in control. He is also unlikely to give into emotions, except perhaps where Aiden and Bentley are concerned. But Dee sneaks into his life and eventually his heart and while he promised a friends with benefit
Diane'sBookReflections
Five hot, sensual, dirty talking Stars!!
*****
I have to start out by saying, I am in love. No exclamation needed. It’s a simple fact. I’m in love with Maddox and the richness of the character that Melanie Moreland has created in her latest installment of her Vested Interest series. I’m in love with Maddox Riley and his past, his present and the possible future I see laying before him with each word I read and each page I turn. A man who is so imperfect, yet so willing to deal with his imperfectio
Kahea
***4.5 ‘#TeamMadDog’ Stars***

I have to say that each book just keeps getting better and better and as of right now, Maddox is my favorite for a variety of reasons, but this one had it all...the FEELS, ALL THE FEELS, a ton of I need a cold shower/my B.O.B. smexy times and a nice little dash of craycray to keep me on my toes and keep turning the pages until the very end ~ which only served to make me want more!

Maddox. I kinda adore this man. He’s comes across as all kinds of in control and sel
My Own Bookshelves
Just when you think Melanie Moreland can't top the last book, she delivers Maddox. This story delivers the perfect dirty talking, alpha man who has the patience to win the heart of the one who snuck in. As much as it pains me to type this...

Maddox IS the perfect ending in the three men's stories. It's been amazing reading this series unfold, but Maddox is the perfect topper. (No, this does not mean I am giving up Aiden as my #1 BBF).

From the start of the series, Maddox has been the dark horse.
Diane (Books and Tequila Blog)
Shelves: 6-stars
I don’t know how to express how much I LOVE this series! Maddox is the third book in the Vested Interest series. Each story is a connected standalone story, and each one is amazing. After reading Bentley and falling in love, then swooning for Aiden I really didn’t think Maddox could top either of those. But When Maddox turned on that dirty talk, I had to check my e-reader for burn marks!!! Hot, Hot, Hot!!

“Listen to me, Deirdre Wilson, and listen well. I am not buttering you up. I’m telling the
The Book Bee
Jul 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
REVIEW 4+ STARS
"She fucked with my control. I fucked her to get it back."

Yep, yep, YEP. I really really enjoyed this book the most out of the entire Vested Interest series!! I know I already told you I loved Bentley and then I told you I loved Aiden, but I have to say, Melanie brought something out in Maddox that I desperately needed to see to round out the BAM boys!! While Bentley was a really great start to this series, with Aiden bringing up the middle with an intensity that I was excited
Darlene Avery
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Maddox by Melanie Moreland has all the feels! Moreland has a way of creating characters that you can relate to, but are unique unto themselves.

I love the way that Maddox is willing to fight for what he wants, but it takes a lot for him to overcome the past and see that Dee is really worth fighting for.

You see, Moreland gives us characters that are beautifully flawed. And I say this, because we all need characters like this to remind us that even though life isn’t perfect, we can survive.

This ho
Notorious Book Tease
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Maddox was raised in chaos. His father did everything he could to make Maddox’s childhood a living hell. From the lessons of his childhood Maddox learned to crave control. He needs it. He has to have it in every aspect of life. He never planned on a relationship and certainly never planned on falling in love. But then he met her. The woman who needed to relinquish control. Now everything has changed.

Dee’s childhood was ruined by a mother with mental health issues and a father who abandoned thei
Diz Reads 4TLOReading
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The quiet ones are always the dirtiest ! And boy oh boy does Maddox have a dirty mouth !!

From the epilogue my heart broke, and melted for Maddox, the complex, vulnerable, silverfox ! When you understand his hesitant nature and reasons for not wanting to complicate his life and Love was not for him. But his story has other ideas, a tale that twisted and weaved finding him falling, to only have his past come back and try to rip that all apart as he puts his family first always !

My Dee, Maddox cal
Isha Coleman
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Maddox is not easy to like, but hard not to love. He idles at difficult. That's the only setting he knows, yet in his heart is where he's most vulnerable and Dee is about to hit him where it hurts. Maddox is every dirty fantasy. He's a walking contradiction, a waking dream and a bad boy not easily tamed, but worth the drama. Vested Interest is the perfect name for a series that comes to life and moves right in to your heart.
Denise - Shh Mom's Reading®
Jun 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
https://amzn.to/2McWkZ9 Maddox... oh Maddox you dirty talker you..

The epilogue was so everything!!!!!

and ps I loved loved we are getting one more story!
Mou
Mar 13, 2019 rated it liked it
It was ok.
Michele McMullen
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Melanie you have done an outstanding job on this wonderful group of men and women ! I am giddy with excitement having been able to dive into this story early !!!I absolutely loved Maddox and Dee! Maddox is the iconic alpha male, strong, mysterious, dirty talking and oh so sexy . Our lovely Dee the straight laced, strong, sassy business woman with a bit of a naughty streak ..they were electrifying together . Their story was everything that I could have hope for and so much more . Having everyone ...more
MiDouradoP
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nothing like a silver fox!

I'm in love with this series, I think I've said it before. And with each book, I love it even more.

I was intrigued by Maddox by the very beginning! His stoic and introspective persona, but also hiding a great passion inside.

And he was even better than I expected it. Just like Aiden and Bentley, he had a rough past, and that molded him, but he made what he was, and he was a lot. He was, indeed, stoic and introspective. But he was also brilliant, caring, loyal and brave e
Gonewiththeromance
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Maddox, Maddox,Maddox was such a pleasant read! I finished it in one siting because this book is a page turner, you physically cannot put it down. As always this one began with prolog and traumatized childhood is a key element in this third installment as well. If you read Bentley and Aidan, you probably know how Bent's and Aidan's childhood affected their lives and what a huge impact it had on their relationships.

Maddox and Dee agreed to be friends with benefits and were perfectly fine with th
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: missy
Dear lord, I devoured Melanie Moreland’s Maddox in one sitting! I’d been anxiously awaiting MadDog’s story since the beginning of this fantastic Vested Interest series. I adored Bentley and Aiden but I just knew Maddox would blow my mind. And I was right.

I adored the calm, cool, collected façade Maddox presented to the world—the silver fox and his quiet controlled nature was just simmering with want and desire underneath. And Dee brought all that lust and adoration right up to the surface.

I lov
E.S. Carter
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm trying so hard to give a sensible, well-rounded review, but my feelings are in turmoil.
Who the hell thinks they can claim Maddox when he's mine?
Who would bloody dare?
Okay, back to the review.
You need this filthy-talker in your life.
Just don't even think about claiming him.
You hear me?

Seriously, I always think the last book Melanie wrote is my favorite until she writes another.
She's done it again!
Hooked from the first page to the last.

Now, I'm off to make my husband talk dirty to me.
Pamela Lilley
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book 3 in the Vested Interest series follows our third millionaire and the last bachelor left in the group, Maddox Riley, and his ‘friend with benefits’ Dee Wilson, sister of Cami. Of course we’ve seen these two in action in the previous two books, but now we can get down and dirty with all the real details straight from the horses mouth so to speak. Too bad they don’t even know the truth though, they both seem happy to continue their charade. What a complicated couple these two have turned out ...more
Cathy
4.5 Stars!

I love the boys of BAM and so sad that its coming to an end. Maddox is the enigma of the group, serious like Bentley but with signs (socks!) that there is more to know about him. The prologue had my heart, an insight to this man as a child and his upbringing.

Both Maddox and Dee have issues with romantic love, having negative experiences has left them disillusioned and yet their passionate natures make them the perfect 'no strings' lovers! Watch out for Maddox and his unexpectedly dirty
J. Grayland
Jan 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Three young men meet in university and form a lifelong friendship. What happens when these men meet the one person they are destined to be with? Book three in this series is about the romance that grows between Maddox and Dee who stirs feelings in him that he has denied himself to feel for years. I have really liked this series, all three men have had their own past demons and this one is no different, the story line was interesting the characters were very likable and as always the sex was hot. ...more
Karrie
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Even though Maddox thought he wasn't capable of love, he thought wrong. With the way he was briught up I could understand why he thought that. Maddox is capable of love and so much more after all he does love Bentley and Aiden like brothers. Up until he met Dee he hadn't met the one for him. He realized that she was the one way before she was even ready to admit that she could feel more then she thought she ever could. Both Maddox and Dee thought that they could never fall in love... how wrong t ...more
Kim Carter
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio, series
Of the three, Maddox has been my favorite - it could be that he had no problem sharing his feelings OR it could be that he was the most...shall we say....active of the boys so far? LOL...
United By Romance: Maddox 1 1 Sep 22, 2018 04:27PM

• Nathan Wolfe (Wolfe Brothers #2)
  • Take Me to Bed: A Collection of Naughty Bedtime Stories
  • Elijah Wolfe (Wolfe Brothers #1)
  • The Takeover (The Miles High Club #2)
  • Mending Fate (The Scottish Billionaire #3)
  • The Donor
  • Breaking Rules (The Scottish Billionaire #2)
  • Mason Wolfe (Wolfe Brothers #3)
  • Love, Lust & Liam (Wyatt Brothers, #2)
  • Off Limits (The Scottish Billionaire #1)
  • Boss in the Bedsheets (Adventures In Dating, #2)
  • The Stopover (The Miles High Club, #1)
  • Playing The Millionaire
  • Foundations (The Walshes, #9)
  • Blind Devotion
  • Our Way
  • Billionaire BOSS: Secret Baby
  • Collin (Forever, #4)
Welcome Romance Readers!
Join my newsletter for news on upcoming releases and sales CLICK HERE

Make sure to follow me on Amazon for new release alerts CLICK HERE

Join me on Facebook in my reader group CLICK HERE

Check out my excerpts on Book+Main CLICK HERE

A bit about me:
NYT/WSJ/USAT International bestselling author Melanie Moreland, lives a happy and content life in a quiet area of Ont

Vested Interest (7 books)
  • Bentley (Vested Interest, #1)
  • Aiden (Vested Interest, #2)
  • Reid (Vested Interest, #4)
  • Van (Vested Interest, #5)
  • Halton (Vested Interest, #6)
  • Sandy (Vested Interest #7)

News & Interviews