Jump to ratings and reviews

Memories From Yesterday #2

Forgetting You, Remembering Me

The stunning conclusion to this epic love story that began with Forgetting You, Forgetting Me from International Bestselling author, Monica James.

The truth sets you free...but what happens when everything you believe in changes in the blink of an eye?

All I ever wanted was for my fiancé, Samuel Stone, to remember me. And now that he does...all I want is for him to forget. Through tragedy, I found myself and who I was destined to become. But more importantly, I found who I was destined to be with.

With a single word, Saxon Stone changed my life forever. He taught me how to live again. But now that Samuel remembers and all secrets have been revealed, I’m left to wonder which life I’m meant to lead.

Divided by my head and my heart, I’m torn between duty and desire. Samuel is my past while Saxon is my forever. The choice should be easy.

But love never is…

468 pages, Paperback

First published February 28, 2018

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Monica James

41 books2,550 followers
Monica James spent her youth devouring the works of Anne Rice, William Shakespeare, and Emily Dickinson.
When she is not writing, Monica is busy running her own business, but she always finds a balance between the two. She enjoys writing honest, heartfelt, and turbulent stories, hoping to leave an imprint on her readers. She draws her inspiration from life.
She is a bestselling author in the U.S., Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Israel, and the U.K.
Monica James resides in Melbourne, Australia, with her wonderful family, and menagerie of animals. She is slightly obsessed with cats, chucks, and lip gloss, and secretly wishes she was a ninja on the weekends.

Twitter: @monicajames81

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
32 (5%)
1 star
16 (2%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 128 reviews
Profile Image for Donna ~ The Romance Cover.
2,754 reviews313 followers
Forgetting You, Remembering Me (Memories from Yesterday #2) by Monica James
5 stars!!!

“You don’t choose love…it chooses you.”

The Memories from Yesterday duet will go down on my ALL-TIME favourites duet list. Monica James outdid herself with this heart-breaking, emotional story and yet somehow made it uplifting at the same time. A heartfelt story that will have you living and breathing these characters lives, embracing their highs, drowning in their lows, but just wanting them to find themselves, each other and a happy ever after they were all worthy of. If you have not read the first book (Forgetting You, Forgetting Me), I would highly recommend reading these back to back, because you will truly appreciate just how amazing this authors words are, experience it all in one go. I will definitely be reading both books in one hit soon.

“I didn’t say it would be easy, but love never is.”

This book picks up where Forgetting You, Forgetting Me left off and Monica James throws you straight back into it. I am going to be deliberately vague so as not to spoil book one for those that haven’t read it, but just let me tell you, she definitely knows how to pull her punches. As this story progressed I thought that maybe Monica James had gone a little soft…but boy, did she sucker punch me just when I thought it was safe. This was the mother of all emotional roller coasters and if there is one thing that this author always nails…it is EMOTION.

“The person I loved lied to me. Our entire relationship was based on a lie. Maybe that’s why he didn’t remember me. Our so-called perfection was an echo of what could have been.”

Every single part of this book and entire duet has resonated deep within, I took these characters into my heart and soul and neither one of them has departed. Having refreshed myself with a few of the last chapters of book one, all those emotions came flooding back and I was right back there with them, with my heart on my sleeve and my emotions all over the place.

“But Lucy…she is my heart…Fuck with my heart, and we’ve got a problem. We clear?”

I thought I had this book all fathomed out. I thought I knew what would happen and while I was right in who got the girl, the journey to get there…I never saw coming. Damn, Monica James, what the hell did you do to me!! Empty tear ducts, a whole box of tissues (no exaggeration) and the worst case of puffy eyes I have ever experienced is what I got for my troubles, but reading this book was seriously no trouble at all. The words flowed effortlessly, the plot just played out like a film, and I was the voyeur, just watching the drama unfold before me.

“Sometimes, you miss the memories, not the person…and you…you’re a memory.”

However, this book does make you think and really hammers home the old adage, “you don’t know what you��ve got till it’s gone.” It was this motto that applied to every single character, both our main protagonists and the secondary characters. I have seen this plot line done before, but I can say, hand on my heart, this is my absolute favourite one. The heart, passion and emotion that this author fed into every chapter is a force to be reckoned with and her character connection was second to none.

“Thank you for helping me forget who I was…and remembering who I am. I love you. You’ll always be my hardest goodbye.”

Seriously though, read these two books, you won’t regret it. Have a glass of wine on hand, some chocolate, maybe some ice-cream, a box of tissues, get comfortable and just read. You may or may not come up for air, but at the end, you will appreciate this authors words. I damn well did. AMAZING, seriously AMAZING.

“Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale.”

www.theromancecover.com
Profile Image for Olga therebelreader.
888 reviews666 followers
February 7, 2018
Honestly, this series had me completely hooked!
Forgetting You, Remembering Me picks up right where Forgetting You, Forgetting Me ended. The love triangle situation is pushed to the boundaries of the absurd. Lucy is such an amazing character. She is tough and strong, but also vulnerable and real. I felt so sorry for her. She hadn't done anything wrong and yet she finds herself in an absolutely devastating situation.
The love story is well paced and the sex scenes very captivating and erotic. Be prepared for heartache and pain, angst...lots and lots of angst!! I can't say much more than it was AMAZING and I feel more in love with Saxon.
If you haven't taken a look at this series yet, I would definitely recommend it. Monica James writes so well that there is never a boring moment!
5 fantastic stars from me!

In short:
Hero(es) 5/5 | Heroine 5/5 | Plot (Point, Originality) 5/5 | Writing Style 5/5 | Steam 4/5 | Romance 5/5 | Angst-Suspense 4/5 | Darkness 1/5 | Humor 1/5 | Secondary Characters 4/5 | Drama-Conflict 5/5 | Mystery 0/5 | Twists 5/5 | Pace Steady | Action 3/5

photo 18009131_816557981827901_1142461593_n_zpso3xlzmkr.jpg
Profile Image for Pick a Book.
462 reviews107 followers
English / Português

4,5 stars

OH MY HEART!! What have you done to me, Monica James? Oh God! I was even worried with myself, because my heart was beating so fast ... You know well which part, right? Why love books that make us almost have heartattack? FORGETTING YOU, REMEMBERING ME is exciting, devastating and will make you want to tear your hair out because of so much tension, but also cheer for ... for ... for everyone, actually. They are real characters. They make lots of mistakes, is like they hit their head on the wall, they insist on what we know is going to go wrong, but they love fiercely.

The story begins exactly where book one stopped. Before starting this book, I decided to read the last chapter of FORGETTING YOU, FORGETTING ME to get into the mood. And the coolest thing is that since the beginning is a continuity of the scene, it was as if you were reading the same book. The author was able to maintain the level of writing, of tension, of wanting to make me shout "Stooooop making me suffer," but still want more and more.

Lucy once again made me want to hug her and also call her like "what the f*ck are you doing, lady?" But I got it, too. My God! What a complicated life! What she was living was definitely not easy.

I'm here without knowing what to write, because how do you write a review of a book like that? One that makes you want to go after the author and curse her, but also hug her. That make you cry a lot. And getting nervous. And fall in love. The best readings are the ones that make you feel everything the characters are feeling, like we really know them, you suffer and your heart ache. That's what makes a good book. And in this matter Monica James is 100% guilty, because I finished it about five minutes ago and my heart is still accelerated. That ending!! A book all tense, keeping the rhythm of the first book and that still can surprise us. So much happened!!

I think those two books made me a possibly violent person, because I wanted to beat everyone in this story! Wonderful duology, though. I highly recommend it, but prepare your heart because this book is a f*cking rollercoaster of emotions!

* I got an ARC of this book. Thank you!
----------------------
English / Português

4,5 estrelas

​AI MEU CORAÇÃO!! O que foi que você fez comigo, Monica James? Oh Deus! Fiquei até preocupada comigo porque meu coração estava batendo tão rápido... Você sabe bem em qual parte, né dona autora?! Por quê amar livros que fazem a gente quase ter um treco? FORGETTING YOU, REMEMBERING ME é emocionante, devastador e fará você querer arrancar os cabelos de tanta tensão, mas também torcer para... para... para todo mundo, na verdade. Eles são personagens reais. Cometem muitos erros, dão muito com a cara na parede, teimam no que a gente sabe que vai dar errado, mas amam com muita potência.

A história começa exatamente onde o livro um parou. Antes de começar esse livro, eu decidi ler o ultimo capitulo de FORGETTING YOU, FORGETTING ME pra entrar no clima. E o mais legal que, como o inicio é continuidade da cena, foi como se estivesse lendo um livro só. A autora foi capaz de manter o nível de escrita, de tensão, de querer fazer a gente gritar "paaaaaara de me fazer sofrer", mas mesmo assim querer mais e muito mais.

Lucy mais uma vez me fez querer abraça-la e também xingá-la do tipo "que merda é essa que você tá fazendo, minha filha?" Mas a entendi, também. Meu Deus! Que vida complicada! O que ela tava vivendo não era nada fácil. ​

Eu to aqui sem saber o que escrever, porque como que escreve uma resenha de um livro assim? Um que faz você ter vontade ir atrás da autora e xingar ela, mas também abraça-la. Que faz você chorar muito. É ficar nervosa. E se apaixonar. As melhores leituras são as que fazem você sentir tudo que os personagens estão sentindo, que se apega a eles, torce, sofre e se vê com o coração apertado. Isso é o que faz um bom livro. E nesse quesito a Monica James é 100% culpada, já que terminei tem uns cinco minutos e meu coração continua acelerado. Que final!! Um livro todo tenso, mantendo o ritmo do primeiro e que ainda nos consegue surpreender. Aconteceu tanta coisa!!

​Acho que esses dois livros me tornaram uma pessoa possivelmente violenta, porque eu quis bater em todo mundo nessa história! ​rsrs. Duologia maravilhosa. ​​Super recomendo, mas prepara o coração porque esse livro é uma montanha russa de emoções do krai!

* Recebi um ARC desse livro. Obrigada!
​​​----------------------
* Pick a Book

facebook / instagram / twitter
pb.responde@gmail.com​​
Profile Image for AC Book Blog .
918 reviews116 followers
March 2, 2018
WOW! Passionate, intense, emotional! Another phenomenal read this year! ....

This is not a standalone. You have to read Forgetting You, Forgetting Me first. What a heartbreaking beautiful conclusion to an epic love story!

Lucy, Sam and Saxon’s love triangle continues to be messy and complicated - a huge roller coaster of past, present, lies and secrets. In the first book Sam could not remember his previous life. Now that he came to, he found out that Lucy and his brother Saxon have fallen in love. Sam is angry and heartbroken. Lucy is in a hard place. She no longer sees Sam as the same person she loved before. Her heart is with Saxon now but she is conflicted. I am team Saxon through and through but he has secrets too. Two brothers and one woman they both love. Saxon saved his brother Sam, can Sam returns the favor? Life is too short; can they move on from past mistakes. The last couple chapters were absolutely heart-wrenching. I was crying ugly tears because of the difficult decision Lucy has to make. The ending surprised me – I guess it would have been very different but all is right in the world. Lucy has been through so much devastation and heart break, she deserves happiness and a wholesome family in the end.

The author did an amazing job with this series. The complexity of each character, the clever dialogues, the narrative. The storyline is unique and unexpected. You will be put in an intense emotional roller coaster ride. There is plenty of angst, drama, twists and turns, and secrets that will keep you on your toes from beginning to end.

Amazon: https://tinyurl.com/ycdtn4ly
iBooks: https://tinyurl.com/ycs6duxe
Nook: https://tinyurl.com/ybxtkhbf
Kobo: https://tinyurl.com/ybnxvmwg
Goodreads: https://tinyurl.com/yacfymsf

Profile Image for Dri ✰.
693 reviews209 followers
★ 2 stars!!! ★

“You don’t choose love…it chooses you.”

Antes de mais nada, quero deixar registrado o quanto eu estou triste por ter que dar essa nota. Eu tentei, juro que tentei gostar desse livro. Mas infelizmente isso não aconteceu.

É por isso que não gosto de ler livros com cliffhanger sem ter a continuação já publicada. Pra mim, essa espera mata, principalmente quando eu adoro o primeiro livro. O que foi exatamento o que aconteceu com esse duo.

Eu amei e claro que com isso tinha a expectativa da sequência ser tão boa ou melhor.
começa exatamente do ponto onde o livro anterior terminou, porém conforme prossegui com a leitura ficou evidente pra mim um “antes e depois” gritante de um livro para o outro. E para aumentar minha tristeza, eu não consegui me conectar com os personagens novamente. Não consegui me envolver com a história.

Pra ser exata eu não tive conexão ou empatia alguma pela Lucy. A achei incoerente demais, em determinadas situações insensível e em outras sensível ao extremo. Não vi sua evolução durante a trama, ou pelo menos a descoberta de si mesma. O que eu vi foi uma mulher dependente, insegura, imatura, ciumenta. Eu entendi um ou outro conflito interior que surgiu, porém isso não significa que eu aprovei ou aceitei a forma com que ela lidou com os assuntos em questão.

Claro que eu tinha noção que a situação aqui era delicada e não seria um caminho repleto de flores. No entanto, não imaginava ver atitudes, comportamentos e reações tão infantis e insensatas. Não só dela, como dos demais personagens envolvidos. Isso me irritou profundamente. Todos cometeram erros, porém a mudança, os altos e baixos na personalidade da Lucy foi o ponto que mais me incomodou.

Devido as brigas desnecessárias e o excesso de drama, a leitura se tornou arrastada e cansativa. Perto do fim a trama teve uma curva significativa, o que conseguiu prender um pouco mais minha atenção, mas nem isso foi capaz de me fazer sentir ou entrar em sintonia.

Não foi o que eu esperava. Não foi uma leitura prazerosa... O que me deixa muito triste, porque era o lançamento de 2018 que eu mais aguardei ansiosamente pra ler.
Profile Image for Carla Bulian.
1,208 reviews200 followers
March 4, 2018
3,8. Achei a personagem principal um pouco imatura. Mas nada que a vida não ensine. Achei aqueles capítulos finais um pouco demais pra mim. Tipo, de novo com o outro irmão?????
Mas no geral gostei, sim. Esperava um pouquinho mais!!!!
This entire review has been hidden because of spoilers.
Profile Image for Haidoulina.
762 reviews108 followers
March 19, 2018
Honestly I don't know how an author can take a story from the top of the world to hit rock bottom, but it happens...
The big majority of the book can be summed up in this quote:
"Saxon is the man I love. The person I want to be with. I have no doubt in my mind of that. So why do these mini bouts of psychosis always seem to occur with Sam? I thought I had it figured out, but it seems to be getting worse, and I don’t like it."
(guess what girl, neither do I.)

It was frustrating and boring... And the lama drama in the end with the accident it was the icing on the cake to get on my nerves even more... I'm disappointed with the route the story took to get to the end...
Profile Image for Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers.
1,841 reviews44 followers
February 5, 2018
Six Stars!

Forgetting You, Remembering Me is the epic conclusion to the story that started with Forgetting You, Forgetting Me. It was one of the few novels I gave a six heart rating to for 2017. It must be read before you start this amazing story. If you haven’t then you might want to stop reading this review right now. I don’t want to spoil anything so I am going to make this fast.

Lucy’s prayers have been answered. Her fiancé, Sam, remembers her after the car accident that took his memories of her away from him. She is happy for him but it’s bittersweet. While he was gone, secrets were unveiled. Secrets that changed everything. Now, that he is back, he needs to explain himself. She has to explain why his twin brother, Saxon is in town and what happened during the months his memories were away from him. That she fell for Saxon.

Sam, Saxon, and Lucy all have to fight. Fight for love. Fight for family. Fight for forever. Lucy has decisions to make. Decisions that will change all of their lives. Will she go back to Sam, the man she was supposed to marry months before or will she move on with Saxon, the man she saw a new future with? Her heart, mind, and soul are fighting. One man holds so many memories. The other helped her find herself.

I absolutely loved this story!!! It’s one of the biggest rollercoasters. Ever. So many ups and downs, twists and turns. I cried so much. Wanted to scream more than a few times. Wanted to slap a fool on more than one occasion.

Overall... it’s an emotional ride that will stay with me. The writing is poetic. The characters are well-developed. The story is unique. I felt for all the characters. I wanted them to all find their happily ever afters. I know this is a duet but I am hoping I will see them again.

Quotes:

“You’ve always been my light, Lucy. You always saw the bright side of everything. That is so refreshing when you’re constantly cloaked in darkness.”

“Your kindness will be the death of you, Lucy.”

“Chase the chaos, Lucy. I know I’ve said this once before, but now, I think it’s more important than ever.”
Profile Image for Michelle Krystel .
1,866 reviews42 followers
March 15, 2018
I was given an advanced readers copy of this book and have decided to leave a voluntary review. Omg wow my heart took a beating in this book more than once. Some parts of this book I could never dream of being in here. It was not easy, so much heart break, lies, drama, hate, Sorrow, guilt. Wow this last book was overwhelming but I'm so glad I got the chanxe to read and experience it for myself. Truly utterly amazing!
Profile Image for Mo (The Scarlet Siren).
460 reviews115 followers
March 5, 2018
This is a difficult review for me to write, because much like the plot of this book, my feelings are all over the place. This is the second book the Memories From Yesterday duet, and I’m sorry to report that I did not enjoy this book as much as I did the first. While I didn’t completely dislike this book, I had some definite issues with it that hampered my enjoyment of the story.

Obviously, this story is dealing with an impossible love triangle, which is a trope I’m always here for. I was expecting next level heartache and angst. Instead of real angst, I felt like I was served an extra-large portion of drama. While I’m not opposed to some drama, this book just went overboard with it.

There was way too much juvenile behavior for me to get behind in this book, and after a while, it just seemed ridiculous. And lord deliver me from the army of bitchy exes that Lucy had to battle from all sides. They were ev-er-y-where! THAT particular plot point really started to get old, and honestly, they mostly seemed unnecessary. They weren’t there to advance the story, they were only there for you guessed, the drama factor *yawn*

While I realize that these three were in an impossible situation, the back and forth of it all eventually became too much for me. In fact, that was my reigning feeling throughout this book. It was all TOO DAMN MUCH. Too many times I yelled, “REALLY??” at my Kindle, too many times I sighed and rolled my eyes, too many times I just wanted to give up.

This book has an interesting premise and could have been something much more dynamic. I think it could have used another editing pass to help tighten things up, as this story got long-winded and rambling in certain parts, yet other issues are left unresolved and just swept under the rug. The story just didn’t feel cohesive to me. It seemed like the author kept throwing drama after drama into this book, and I just didn’t see the point. In this case, less would have definitely been more, and would have led to a much more impactful book. It just felt unnecessary and like so much filler.

All in all, I felt like this story just got in its own way. While the vision was there, and the story was promising, the execution just didn’t come together for me.
Profile Image for Shyralf.
1,144 reviews56 followers
March 18, 2018
4 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Stars! Great conclusion. I wish there was an epilogue, a few years in the future would have been awesome.
Profile Image for I Love Story Time .
846 reviews13 followers

5 Stars!

“Love doesn’t make sense. Love happens when you least expect it. It’s inconvenient, messy, and reckless, but that’s the beauty of it. It isn’t a decision; it’s a promise. A promise to chase inconvenient, messy, and reckless love with someone who embraces the chaos with you.”

Wow. Talk about a book hangover! It's been about a week since I've finished Forgetting You, Remembering Me and it still gives me goosebumps just thinking about it. Since it's been awhile since I've read Forgetting You, Forgetting Me I did go back to skim through it so that I was fully prepared for book 2. But before I talk about book 2, I HAVE to mention that sex scene in the barn right before the end. O.M.G!!! That is probably one of the hottest scenes I've read. Seriously!! It was just as good the second time around, so I have to give a shout out to Monica James for writing such a steamy scene!!! SO GOOD!! If you haven't read that book, I suggest you read it just for that!! The story is not bad either. HAHA!

As for Forgetting You, Remembering Me I just fell in love all over again. This time though, I'm not sure if I love Sam or Saxon. I felt sorry for both because of the situation they are in. But after getting the full details of their story, everything makes sense. I can probably go on and on about these two well written books, but I'm not. All I'm going to say is stop reading this review, or any reviews for that matter, and go 1-click books 1 and 2!!! You won't be disappointed!

~Juls
Profile Image for Reading with 2 book lovers.
2,921 reviews40 followers
February 28, 2018
Ahh I feel like I've waited for ever for this conclusion to the duet, book 1 must be read before book 2.
Forgetting You, forgetting me was my vest read of 2017 and now Forgetting you, Remembering me is my best read of 2018.
Me James has such a way with words she made me fall in love with Samuel, Lucy and Saxon all over again.
"This was never going to be a love triangle. I know who I want...... I want you."
this book had so many emotions coming from me, I cried, laughed and swooned.
"Having Sam forget me... I Remembered Me."
this book with his amaing cover was well worth the wait.
if your new to Ms James then I highly reccomend jumping in with this series or if your a veteran to her books what are you waiting for? get this baby!
I volunteered to read a copy of this book
Profile Image for Sarah.
588 reviews80 followers
February 27, 2018
Though it only took me a little over a day and a half to read his book and its predecessor, I feel like I spent a year dealing with everything they went through. It was intense and all-consuming. More than that, it was an excellent conclusion to Lucy, Sam, and Saxon’s saga.

Forgetting You, Remembering Me is the second book in Monica James’ Memories From Yesterday series. These books must both be read and done so in order. This book literally picks up right in the middle of the scene that ended Forgetting You, Forgetting Me; it just drops you right into the middle of all the drama and heartbreak. Forgetting You, Remembering Me is written in first-person perspective, from Lucy’s point of view.

I always appreciate it when a book can draw a physical reaction out of me, and this book did just that. I could feel my pulse accelerate and my chest tighten throughout this book. Lucy, Sam, and Saxon had been through so much all ready, and life just kept piling so much more on them. It was a hard book to read, even as I knew I couldn’t put it down for one second because I HAD to find out if life was going to ever be fair to them. I had not anticipated how much more Monica James could put her characters through before they finally got their happy ending.

These characters – even Sam, to a point – dug their way into my heart and played my heartstrings like aficionados. From overwhelming joy to the most horrific depths of despair, this book ran my emotions through the gamut. I could feel Lucy’s confusion, Sam’s desire, and Saxon’s pure love coming off each page. The interplay of the brothers’ differences and similarities and how they affected Lucy’s feelings toward them was very well done.

The ending of this book could have gone a million different ways. It was in flux until almost the final page. While I did absolutely love how it ended, I almost wish it had ended differently. I’m a bit of an outlier when it comes to needing a specific type of happily ever after for my books, though, so I have no doubt I am mostly alone in my desires.

This duet is the marks the first time I’ve read anything from Monica James; I’m impressed. Her writing was consuming and passionate. I have no doubt she is zealous about her art. These types of emotionally taxing books are just the kind of thing I need to make me a committed reader, and I feel fully invested in Ms. James’ work after finishing Forgetting Me, Remembering You. I can only hope we get to see more of the characters from this world because I feel there is so much more story to tell beyond the end.
Profile Image for Book Maniac Forever.
908 reviews322 followers
February 27, 2018

⭐️ 4.5 "Embrace the Chaos" Stars ⭐️
This second installment in the Memories from Yesterday Series was another incredible read. After Lucy developed feelings for her fiancé’s twin brother Saxon, she’s more than conflicted in Forgetting you, Remembering Me.

“This was never going to be a love triangle. I know who I want… I want you.”

Lucy has remorse for hurting Sam, but also has unsettled feelings for him. While he sometimes acted badly, she can’t help but still feel connected to him. They shared years of love together and it’s not easy to erase them and forget. These feelings bring tension between her new found relationship with Saxon. While their love is clear as day, they have a mountain of decisions to make to finally be happy together.

As in the first book, Saxon and Lucy share an incomparable chemistry and some passionate moments. I loved these scenes where they just open their heart to each other. Even in the harder moments, they still trust each other. It’s normal they have little doubts, but they really believe in their love.

“Remember me with nothing but happy memories… because you’ll always be my reason to smile.”

This was going to be another five star read for me until almost the last few chapters. I was kind of disappointed with the twist. It was too similar to another book this author wrote previously and lacked originality. These scenes didn’t lack on the emotions though. I bawled my eyes out!

Forgetting You, Remembering Me was the conclusion to Saxon and Lucy’s love story I was waiting for. The passion Monica James creates between he hero and heroine is always the highlight of her books and these two had it in spades. Overall, the Memories from Yesterday was a fantastic duet.

“You taught me strength, yet you’re my greatest weakness…”

** ARC received in exchange for an honest review **
Profile Image for Richelle Robinson.
1,158 reviews35 followers
February 26, 2018

Talk about angst!

The first book “Forgetting You, Forgetting Me” wrecked me and I was scared to read this book but I HAD to know what was going to happen. Monica James has such a way with words and had my emotions all over the place. This is only the second book that I’ve read by this author and I don’t know where she’s been hiding but I’m so happy I found her books! This was a well written, angst filled story that will make you feel everything.

“You promised me we were forever.”

The book picked up where we left off and honestly I didn’t know what was going to happen. Even up to the very end I was like how could Monica James do this to me?!. *sobs* Lucy has her hands filled and I wouldn’t want to trade places for one second. As a reader I always put myself in the heroines shoes and this time I was like nope. No matter what she did someone would end up getting hurt. Plus the judgement from the certain family members and townsfolk didn’t help either. I loved the message behind this story and most importantly I loved the character growth as well. A lot of healing and forgiveness took place in this book and it made me happy to see these resolutions.

“Love comes in many shapes and sizes, and the best kind of love can’t be pigeonholed. It just is. And I’m okay with that.”

Did I mention how much angst there was in this story?? Every time I turned around another shoe was dropping and my poor heart couldn’t take it anymore. As a reader who prides herself in loving angst filled books this was one for the books. If you love books that will have your heart in your throat, make you feel and evoke emotions look no further. If you need me to hold your virtual hand I’m here and happy reading!!

“Received an ARC for which I voluntarily provided an honest review."

For more reviews check me out at: http://www.shellysbookcorner.com
Profile Image for BookSmackedMel.
911 reviews337 followers
February 22, 2018
My throat hurts from talking so much while reading this book and my tummy hurts from the amount of chocolate I ate while reading this book but it was one of the best books I've read so far this year.

This is the conclusion to the Memories from Yesterday series and this book had me even more engaged then Book 1 did and I didn't even think that was possible because Book 1 had me glued to my pages and reading well into the morning.

This of course leaves off where Book 1 left off which had me reeling by the way. So right off the bat I'm a right back into it. This love triangle is messy, it's heart breaking, it's all consuming.

My emotions through out this book were all over the place to the point that I was angry at every single character in this and there were times where my thoughts with the main characters bounced between hate and love, empathy and resentment. This is an emotional roller coaster and Monica James doesn't slow down she doesn't take it easy on you she pushes and pushes you till you think you've reached your limit and can't take anymore and then she pushes some more. It's brilliant !!!

This series is now going on my all time favs, my ride or die reads list. It's pure angst through and through. Powerfully intense, infuriating, unforgiving but simply magnificent. I loved every heart stopping gut wrenching hair pulling moment of this book and this series.

If you love a intense love triangle that will take you on a roller coaster of emotions then this is a must must must read. Just brilliant !!!!
Profile Image for Julie Reveles (Juls ~ ILST BLOG).
852 reviews10 followers

5 Stars!

~Juls
Profile Image for _eat.read.love_.
329 reviews15 followers
December 14, 2020
Oh mein Gott! Ich habe so lange auf diesen zweiten Band gewartet und hab die Geschichte innerhalb kürzester Zeit weggeatmet! Ich liebe dieses Duett! Die Autorin hat mich mit diesen beiden Bänden absolut gekillt und zu 100% überzeugt!
Es war emotional, es war authentisch, es war schmerzhaft bis zum Umfallen! Mein Herz ist so oft gebrochen, ich habe gelitten wie ein Hund und ich habe mit ganzem Herzen geliebt! 🤍

Die Geschichte setzt genau nach dem Ende des ersten Bandes an und ich fahre wirklich, ich wüsste in welche Richtung dieser Band gehen wird...aber weit gefehlt, diesen Weg habe ich nicht kommen sehen! Was hast du mir angetan Monica James?! Leere Taschentuchschachteln und einen Kloß nach dem anderen im Hals! Aber es hat einfach alles gepasst! Es war so real und authentisch und ich konnte Lucy so gut verstehen und mit ihr mitfühlen! Klar, das ein oder andere Mal wollte ich sie auch mal schütteln, aber schlussendlich war ihr Verhalten menschlich und hätte mich in ihrer Situation genau verwirrt und fehlgeleitet!
Mir sind die Charaktere sehr ans Herz gewachsen und ich konnte ihre Beweggründe, auch wenn sie manchmal falsch waren, trotzdem nachvollziehen!

Ich kann euch dieses Duett nur VON HERZEN empfehlen! Ich habe lange nicht mehr etwas so nah am Leben und Herzen gelesen! Einfach unglaublich und großartig was die Autorin da gezaubert hat!! Ganz großes Herzens-und Emotionen-Kino! 🤍🤍
Profile Image for Brandy Thornton.
227 reviews3 followers
March 2, 2018
This book took me on a rollercoaster ride. There were times I want to shake Lucy to make her see what the right path was. But I understood how she was feeling too. I also wanted to slap Sam. The things he pulled just enraged me. Saxon, oh Saxon. I loved him so. He is my dream man. Everything he says and does just makes me swoon. There were times when I wanted to scream and other time when I wanted to cry while reading this. I don't want to say too much and spoil it. But just know that at one point I was cursing Monica James for where I thought the story was going. But in the end I praised her and forgave her for giving me a coronary. I highly recommend reading this duet. It will give you all the feels.
Profile Image for Sara Gross.
301 reviews
March 14, 2018
I absolutely loved the finale to the story of Lucy, Sam, and Saxton. While some people did not like bits of the story, thought it had weird parts to the story (the burying of the goldfish), I felt like those were just snippets into the real lives of someone. I do have to say, the last part of the story wrecked me. I am not a big ugly crier when it comes to reading books, but man, did I ugly cry. I just could not imagine it would end up like this. I loved that this story came full circle, and that it had such an emotional journey for the three of them. While sometimes I would have liked to slap Lucy silly, and kick Sam in the nads, this story felt real to me. I loved this book and look forward to reading more by Monica James!
Profile Image for Yvette (Booksandbandanas).
485 reviews104 followers
April 12, 2018
This book.

The Emotions.

The Angst.

The Angst.

Did I say the Angst?!

There was only One way this story could end?! And it ended with perfection, with love, with second chances, with hope, with a new beginning.
I mean I devoured this duet whole. I want to go back and read again and again.

The writing is elegant and Beautiful.

Bravo to this author who i am stalking. stalking. Stalking.
Profile Image for Amanda.
146 reviews
March 16, 2018
OMG this book is soooo good, it was worth the wait. Oh my lord have those tissues ready cause you will need them. I actually would have liked it to go on a bit longer but here's hoping there is another book to follow.... 5 huge Stars from this happy reader *****
Profile Image for Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri .
1,192 reviews1,024 followers
March 1, 2018
My nose is stuffed. My eyes are not going to dry out anytime soon. I’m out of tissues. Did I mention my angst induced heart attack? I loved this book. Hello, book hangover! What an emotional journey! THAT ENDING. Review to follow.
UPDATED a bit :)
Forgetting You, Remembering Me is the epic conclusion to Forgetting You, Forgetting Me. FYFM was on my Best of 2017 List. I’m happy to report that the conclusion will be on my Best of 2018 list! 5 stars!

My review from 2 am after I finally finished this book.
My nose is stuffed. My eyes are not going to dry out anytime soon. I’m out of tissues. Did I mention my angst induced heart attack? I loved this book. Hello, book hangover! What an emotional journey! THAT ENDING.  This two book series must be read in order.

Series reading order:
Forgetting You, Forgetting Me (Book 1)
Forgetting You, Remembering Me (Book 2)
Profile Image for Camila Matuella.
582 reviews
March 3, 2018
Então esse livro não foi pra mim, eu amei tanto o primeiro e ler esse segundo foi bem complicado. Decepção grande. :(
Displaying 1 - 30 of 128 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.