Start by marking “Batman, Volume 6: Bride or Burglar” as Want to Read:
Batman, Volume 6: Bride or Burglar

Batman, Volume 6: Bride or Burglar

(Batman (2016) #6)

Author Tom King pens the sixth volume of his critically acclaimed, best-selling Batman series in BATMAN VOL. 6!

Don’t miss out on the newest installment of this best-selling, critically acclaimed graphic novel series written by breakout star Tom King, BATMAN and featuring art by Mike Janin!

This Rebirth title continues to go places Batman has never seen. Batman is trying to
Published July 31st 2018 by DC Comics

Sam Quixote
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: best-comics-2018
When a Baaaaat loves a (Cat)woman… !

The wedding’s right around the corner but there’s more adventures to be had first! Batman, Volume 6: Bride or Burglar? collects four stories of differing length. And, as usual, Tom King’s done it again, producing yet another corking Batman book!

The opening issue highlights how insane Bruce Wayne/Batman is, just in concept, when Bruce encounters a wealthy young boy, accompanied by his own butler, whose parents were also viciously murdered. But is this more th
Chad
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, netgalley
I'm loving these stories where it's just the Bat and the Cat together, seeing their relationship deepen while they battle bad guys. There's no larger narrative, just some very well told shorter stories with fantastic art by Joelle Jones and Mikel Janin. These two, even though they have very different styles, are at the top of their game.
Sean Gibson
Aug 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Have you ever been working on a presentation at work with the understanding that you’ve got a 15-minute timeslot to fill? You start honing your material, practice over and over, get it down to the minute, and, when the time comes, you know you’re going to just kill it. You know your opening joke will land hard, everyone will be rapt, and you have a closing call to action that is clear and inspiring. But, right before you go on, whoever’s running the meeting—maybe your boss, or your boss’s boss, ...more
James DeSantis
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I knew after the last volume it would be hard to top it. This isn't as good but honestly? That's okay.

Lashaan Balasingam (Bookidote)
You can find my review on my blog by clicking here.

Here we are. If there’s one big event currently being built up in the DC Universe, it’s the wedding between two of the most iconic characters: Batman and Catwoman. Their conflict-full relationship has always been a highlight of their cat and bat game, and it is something that has made their encounters so tantalizingly beautiful. Tim Burton’s 1992 Batman Returns movie is one of the main example of that special bond between both characters, and it
Crystal
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
James DeSantis
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it

So this has three parts. Super Friends part 3-4 (Now it's Bruce and Diana's turn to be besties) as they fight for over 20+ years together against a endless horde of monsters while Selina tries to free them. Then we have a Poison Ivy story, which I'm going to be honest here, has never been one of my favorite characters. I get WHY people Love her, but not me. Anyhow she takes over the world and ev
Richard
Jan 30, 2019 rated it liked it
★★★1/2

*sigh*

Tom King, what are we going to do with you? I'm really trying hard to fully give you a chance with your Batman run and I've made it through 50 issues. There are moments here that are absolutely atrocious (Vol. 2), but then there are times when you dazzle me with brilliance ("Superfriends" in Vol. 5, which is one of the best Batman stories I've read).

You have some really great ideas Tom King, you really do. I just think you need to focus. Your tendency to have little mini-arcs tend t
Scott S.
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I couldn't wait to tear into this one - as it is the follow-up to the outstanding Vol. 5: Rules of Engagement - but, whether intentional or not, I knew I'd being unfairly comparing the two books.

Vol. 6: Bride or Burglar is not quite on the same level as its predecessor, but it was a still another really good entry in the series. It kicks off with an unsettling stand-alone 'origin' story with horror overtones, but then briskly moves into the two other tales that take up the bulk of the volume.

'S
Steve
I received this from Edelweiss and DC Comics in exchange for an honest review.

Another good volume in Tom King's Batman run. I'm really enjoying how we are seeing deep into the psyche of not only Batman, but into the people around him, villains and heroes alike. I'm not going to say any more, because I don't want to spoil anything, but I've also enjoyed the ties back to previous storylines and obscure plot points.
Wing Kee
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow.

World: The art is fantastic. King is an artist's writer, he let's the art tell the story and allows this mediums strengths to support the tale. The quiet moments with no dialog, the beautiful panels, the emotions the nods are all so beautiful. The world building is also solid, using the pieces that he's been building since Rebirth and also the history of the relationship between Bat and Cat it's perfect. The 2 issue arc with Diana is also wonderful, pulling that part of the world and also t
✨Tamara
Jul 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Stunning artwork.
Sleek and sexy with a little gore and heartbreak... the best type of Batman comic. The epic saga of Batman 💘 Catwoman continues. I thoroughly enjoyed this graphic novel. It was a little difficult to follow in some parts but eventually I got the story out of it. A little less straightforward than some. Still very good none the less. I need to get my hands on the rest of the series for my library.
Eli Seibert
“You're not Bruce Wayne! You're a sick kid with dead parents.”
“Well, yes… but… but what else is Bruce Wayne?”
Wow, there hasn’t been a Tom King batbook I haven’t thoroughly enjoyed yet, and this volume is not the exception. Bruce Wayne fanatics, never ending monster hordes, Wonder Woman, more BatCat, and a story line that not only does not portray Ivy as a villain (FINALLY), but furthers her relationship with Harley? What more could my tiny nerd heart ask for?
The art was fantastic; the stories we
Malum
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The last couple of Batman volumes have been "slice of life" Batman stories. Darkseid isn't attacking, there isn't a nuclear bomb hidden under Gotham. It's just Batman hanging out with Catwoman, solving some crimes, and palling around with Diana and Clark. And you know what? It's been great! These stories have just the right blend of grim-faced Batman and heartfelt humor.

I also liked that, in this volume, we get to see "world's greatest detective" Batman solving some crimes. Nowadays we mostly g
Diz
Aug 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
There is an interesting section that explores the relationship between Batman and Catwoman over the history of Batman comics. The costumes and the way they interact change, but there is something deep in the core of their relationship that doesn't change. I took that as a commentary on comics in general. The characters we love are always changing, but deep down we see them as the same.

Speaking of changes, Poison Ivy gets a big boost to her power level, which makes her one of the most powerful h
Ran
Dec 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, read-in-2018
This trade involves more Bat-and-Cat-fight-baddies-together, less identity-crisis than the first four King volumes. This being said, the first story is a foil about a young rich boy whose parents are murdered and he loses his mind, illustrating how else Bruce Wayne could have turned out. Also, highlights how crazy Batman's origin story is en general.

Then Wonder Woman and Batsy relieve the Gentle Man of his duty slaying the everlasting hordes. He goes with Catwoman to visit his wife. Surprisingl
Chris Lemmerman
Jul 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
[Read as single issues]

(For the purposes of this review I’m assuming that this actually collects #38-44 and not #38-43, since the trade cover is from #44, the issue title from #44 is the same as the trade title, and volume 7 apparently collects #45-50, so otherwise it’d be missing)

“Will you marry me?” – Those four words upended Selina Kyle’s life; and then she went and said yes! But before she can get hitched to the Batman of her dreams, she’s got to meet the other half of the Trinity, battle be
Rod Brown
Aug 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Having won me over last volume, I am now committed to reading Batman for as long as Tom King will write it. Sure, sometimes his stories can be a little awkward, but he swings big and when he connects he really knocks 'em out of the park.
Drown Hollum
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
While not tackling a larger plot, these issues are expect takes on Batman, Catwoman, and most importantly, their relationship. This book is the Batman/Catwoman book I didn't know we needed, with their engagement providing plenty of exciting spin to atypical bat-tales. These are pretty big tales btw. Batman spends 30+ years fighting demons non-stop and Ivy takes over the whole world for a little bit. There are quieter segments at the top and bottom, with a fantastically disturbing aside with a wa ...more
Rory Wilding
Jul 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
We’re a few issues away from the big wedding with Batman #50, but there are still obstacles that are set to challenge the romance between the Bat and the Cat — whether it’s one man’s faithfulness to his one true love or the search for that perfect wedding dress, they’re explored in this latest volume of Tom King’s phenomenal Bat-run.

Please click here for my full review.
Dr Rashmit Mishra
This volume consists of 3 stories , I liked one of them , one was average and the final was confusing to begin with and left me with many questions .

Meanwhile my problem with King's Batman run continues , he seemingly makes Batman appear as if he is omnipotent , heck twice in this volume he stated "it's not impossible , it's Batman" and okay , I won't mind that , I am a huge Batman fan , most people are , however when facing troubles or calamities ,Batman doesn't do anything extraordinary , most
Kendall
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
A series of individual and connected stories leading to the wedding that may or may not happen. Tom King is just so good at the Dark Knight story arc and the art throughout is absolutely stunning. My favorite of these stories was the last, showing the instinctual nature and independence of the Catwoman we know.
Shawn Deal
Nov 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
Love Tom King’s run of Batman. It has been great so far. Highly recommend it.
Shannon Appelcline
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, comics-dc
This is an entirely charming volume that does a great job of highlighting Bruce and Selina's relationship, but always in an oblique way, so it's not the BRUCE-AND-SELINA-RELATIONSHIP book.

The Origin of Bruce Wayne (#38). A twisty story that tries perhaps a bit too hard to be clever, to its ultimate detriment [3+/5].

Superfriends (#39-40). This time around, we focus on the relationship between Bruce and Diana, and King writes a pretty terrific dynamic, while at the same time giving the otherwise a
Geoffrey Payne
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Tom King continues his fantastic run on Batman with Bride or Burglar. I really enjoy how he continues to develop the characters to a deeper level than just fodder for a good punch. That being said, he still fills the panels with great action. I think these issues are at their best when King is paired with the artistic stylings of Joëlle Jones. Her work is fantastic and some of the best in all of comics in my opinion. My only complaint is there were a few panels in the Poison Ivy arc that I thoug ...more
Roy
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Interesting take on Batman. I felt like this was just a series of smaller stories without going into more detail with the overall narrative/arc. The arwork on all issues was amazing. Tom King does a great job of changing the Batman story up from purely action based detective work. This is much more a reflective character study but at times I wish there was still an overall arc.
Sans
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Finally filling in the gaps that I skipped. I still want a full maxi series about The Gentle Man.
Robert
Sep 10, 2018 rated it liked it
A series of one-shots and shorts, but leaning too heavily on romance storylines to be really enjoyable Batman tales.
  • Batman: Detective Comics, Vol. 5: A Lonely Place of Living