Start by marking “Reckless” as Want to Read:

(Texas Nights #2)

*** A USA TODAY BESTSELLER ***

Tori…
For the record, I’m not going to hook up with my boss.

I'm a lot of things—a screwup, a basket case, a flunky. But when I take a nanny job to be near my pregnant sister, I swear to myself I’ll walk the straight and narrow, which means I cannot fall for my insanely hot boss.

I don't want to be tempted by that rugged rancher. By his chiseled
Published February 20th 2018

Start your review of Reckless
Cristina | CristiinaReads
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, arc-books
➳When you combine a single father of two, who works in a farm with horses, and a feisty nanny who is there to save the day and express love towards a new family, you have a masterpiece created by the one and only Lex Martin...

➳A romance that not only captivates you to wanting to read more of Ethan and Tori's love journey, but also intrigues you to the life style of working with horses, being with two beautifully behaved children, a life style that can be considered old-fashion, but also a st
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
3 Stars

I am definitely in the minority on this one based on the ratings I am seeing. Everyone seemed to love this one and I am just in the "it was average" corner.

It definitely picked up at the end...which is why I gave it a solid three stars instead of something lower, but it just wasn't enough to salvage the total for me.

This wasn't a bad read by any means, I just felt like it was a little weak for me in certain areas.

description

The vast majority of the story was taken up by the inner thoughts of Etha
Hanne
Shelves: new-adult, favorites
I have read every novel by Lex Martin and I loved them all. I know I’ll reread some of them one day. I couldn’t start Reckless fast enough and I devoured it. I loved every second I spent reading it. Reckless is so good! It’s an emotional, hot, beautiful and funny book that ends with a beautiful epilogue.

I absolutely loved Tori and Ethan! Tori is feisty, genuine, passionate, kind, funny and loving. She’s a little lost at college and in relationships. During the summer vacation, Tori will be the n
~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
*4.5 stars*

I loved this book!

Ethan is one of the best heroes ever! He’s hard working, loyal, loving, so sexy and an all around nice guy. He has 2 kids, Mila and Cody from a previous marriage and needs a nanny. In comes Tori, a smart, sassy, sweet, loving woman who rocks his world!

The relationship between Ethan and Tori was so beautiful. They start out as boss/employee but quickly become friends. Their chemistry was off the charts from the start, but what I really liked was that they actually t
Bookgasms Book Blog
Shelves: shelly
This book was so adorable. SO. ADORABLE. Ethan and Tori were a delight to meet and fall in love with and boy, did I ever fall in love. From the ovary explosion of the hands-on single dad, to the shock waves through my heart from the palpable chemistry sparking between Ethan and Tori, this book hit all my sweet spots and I sailed through it with a goobery smile plastered on my face.

I mean, it wasn't all fun and games. There were some dramatic emotional moments. My heart hurt and I got angry a cou
Gi's Spot Reviews
4.75 ‘Worth it all’ Stars

WOW.... Reckless was Magnificent!
Seriously, Tori is up there with my all time fav Romance heroines! She was so genuine, so funny, so heartfully emotional and overall kickass. I adored her! And Ethan... Yes, the saying ‘Save a horse, ride a cowboy’ applies to a T here. This man was not only absolutely drool worthy, but so caring and loyal, he just stole my heart. And the kids... Arghhh, so freakin adorable! I love a good single parent/nanny trope and this one was just PE
Na
"Whatever it is, I think I'm addicted."

Well, this quote sums it up pretty well. I just couldn't put down this page-turner.
Reckless is my first book by Lex Martin and she totally flashed me with this one.

"I don't care that this thing between us could go wrong in a hundred different ways. I don't care that I could fall way too hard for him."

OMG, I fell hard, harder, hardest. For Tori, for Ethan, for Mila, for Cody, for Logan. All of them are so adorable and easy to love. I had so much fun sharing
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and Spoilers)
Lex Martin
Dec 08, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I hope you'll pencil me in for my February 20th release of Reckless, which features Tori and Ethan!

Request an ARC here.

SUBSCRIBE to my newsletter to get an email when the book goes live.

JOIN my Wildcats Facebook group for early teasers and release giveaways!

Melanie (mells_view)
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sweet and emotional, slow burn romance.
Tori is a recent college drop-out who is a little stagnant in life because of circumstances with an ex she regrets. She doesn’t trust her own judgement, because she was burned so badly.
Ethan is a single dad just trying to maintain his ranch, love his children, pay the bills, and manage a relationship with his soon to be ex-wife.
Tori reluctantly comes to work for Ethan as a nanny. He needs a nanny, but he’s not sure the young, sassy, and gorgeous Tori is the
NMmomof4
3 Stars

Overall Opinion: Meh. I didn't find this all that exciting tbh. I know that I had a lot of other stuff going on this weekend to distract me from reading this quickly like I usually do, but I still feel like I wasn't dying to get back to it either. The h grated on my nerves at times, but the H and the kids were fun! Overall, I just didn't love it (but I also didn't hate it either) 🤷🏻‍♀️

Brief Summary of the Storyline: This is Tori and Ethan's story. Tori gets hired as a live-in nanny for
Olga therebelreader
In short:
Hero 5/5 | Heroine 5/5 | Plot (Point, Originality) 4/5 | Writing Style 4/5 | Steam 4/5 | Romance 5/5 | Angst-Suspense 4/5 | Darkness 0/5 | Humor 3/5 | Secondary Characters 4/5 | Drama-Conflict 4/5 | Mystery 0/5 | Twists 3/5 | Pace Steady | Action 2/5
Jonetta
Ethan Carter is a soon to be single father of two young children trying to manage their care and his ranch near Austin, Texas. His mother is helping out with his children but the demands of a toddler and a 4-year old is proving too much. Tori Duran needs a job since she detonated her life a year ago after a relationship that soured in the worst way. When her brother-in-law recommends her to be the nanny to his friend Ethan’s children, she reluctantly pursues it as it will put her near her very p ...more
Ella Fields
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’d forgotten just how easy it is to be swept into the pages of a Lex Martin book.
Ethan and Tori gave me feels of every degree. A heartwarming tale of second chances and new beginnings that I couldn’t inhale fast enough.
Sweet Spot Sisterhood Book Lover's Blog
With Shameless being on the shelf of my “Top Reads Ever” I was highly anticipating this book and it definitely met all my expectations. I have come to know that anything Lex publishes will be amongst my favorite reads and top recommendations.

This story is so full of emotions. Ethan is a single dad, overwhelmed by the demands of his ranch, raising kids, finances, and lack of time to stop and catch his breath.
Tori is in need of a fresh start, not feeling the love or approval from her parents, an
Rejane
Feb 12, 2018 marked it as nope
Maybe Alex, Kiki, Dilek, Leonor, Lu, Book Bosomed , ReadingIsMyEscape, might read it?!
Waiting on you girls... lol

UPDATE: Thanks to my GR friend Leonor who really took a big one for the team I am moving this to NOPE shelf. It sounds like a mess, too much om/ow drama and a weak, passive hero. Terrible combo.
Leonor’s review 👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻

Sabrina
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cowboy-fever
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

I was really iffy about reading this since the blurb mentioned the Hero was going through a divorce and that's just not my favorite type of drama. In the end, though, I'm super happy I gave it a chance because I ended up loving these characters. They started out with this bickering type sexual chemistry but it quickly turned into something sweet and as adorable as a hunky cowboy can be. I really liked that we got to see how they progressed from avoiding each other
Michelle Claypot_Reads
Absolutely LOVED this story!!! 2am and my eyes are burning but I have a big dopey smile on my face 😊😊😊

Ethan is the very best kind of BBF - HAF single dad, kind & honourable with just the right dash of alpha. I loved Tori and all her supposed faults. She was genuine, loving and just what Ethan needed. Her sass and humour made me LOL many times and her vulnerability made me want to hug her. So many funny one liners in this story, coupled with plenty of real emotions and just the right amount of to
Jasmine
***Actual rating: 3.5/5 Heart-Protecting Stars***

I start to wonder, if he’s that gentle with his daughter, maybe he’s the type of man who could be gentle with my heart too.

Reckless is a rather light-hearted read for me because the story flows wonderfully with the author’s superb writing style and the characters are pretty lovable as well. The story follows a 23-year-old college dropout, Tori, who parties hard and has been dating an older guy for half a year before accidentally fi
Feb 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
***ARC Provided by the Author and Give Me Books***

4.5 Stars

Whew. This was an emotional read. There was so much for Ethan and Tori. You wanted things to be better for each of them, you like them, you sympathize with them, and you want all of the good things to happen to them. You are angry at the things that happen to them, frustrated with them, there is some angst, and there are moments when Ethan shows just how much Tori means to him that just leave you a little in love with him, and how much h
Curlyhairlass19
May 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These books are my drug right now!

I am loving this series with a passion. Single dad that loves his kids, and runs a horse cutting farm. Catnip. Throw in tattoos, a Texas southern drawl, and pure alpha maleness..Yesss please!

“Here’s the thing no one ever tells you about love. It turns to hate pretty f**king fast when the object of your affection hurts your kids.”

I haven’t read many single dad stories with custody so this was nice. Him falling for his sassy, super smart, heart bruised nanny...so
Jessica
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with Lex Martin's writing when I first read Shameless and experienced the emotional roller coaster of Kat and Brady's story. I couldn't wait to read another book in that small town, farm life world!

Tori is used to screwing up and disappointing everyone in her life. And when she finds out that the man she actually saw a future with was a complete lie, she accepts that she will never amount to anything and is destined to be alone. When her pregnant sister sets her up with a nannyin
Lanie
Shelves: arc
an arc was freely given by the author. thank you so much lex!

LIVE!! - http://amzn.to/2CQVkWo

Firstly, I want to give Lex my heartfelt thanks for sending me an arc of this book. I cannot express enough my appreciation to her sweetness and thoughtfulness.

Secondly, I want to ask Lex not to take too long in releasing a book! It’s been ages since I read a book of hers and I really miss her writing! No wonder, when the arc landed on my kindle, I immediately dived in and devoured her book like it’s my
Lisa Marie Barrera
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMFG!!! WOW!! WOW!! WOW!! LEX MARTIN you Blew this BOOK Out of the Water!!! What can I say, Wonderful, Outstanding & Drama...Lots & Lots of Drama!! One of my Favorite books from her besides SHAMELESS!! RECKLESS is about Kat's little sister Tori from Shameless which totally can be read as a Standalone!
Tori always felt like the black sheep of her family compared to Kat but she wants to prove them wrong. So as she is taking a break from College, Tori finds herself a summer job babysitting her sist
Amy
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!!

“Tori has a wildness about her, a level of honesty I’m not used to.”

“For some reason, I want to remember every detail of this moment. How she glows in the moonlight. How the chirp of crickets swells in the meadow around us. How the scent of cedar and wet earth permeates the air. And, for the first time in years, how I feel alive.”

“You make me come undone. From the moment you strutted into my house, you have occupied most of my thoughts, half of my dreams, and at least two-thirds of my
Carmen Rae
I am going to start by saying, incase you're like me and missed it, this is a true standalone spin off from Shameless. This is the story of Kat's sister Tori and I freaking loved it. Not only did we get a whole new story but we also saw a fair bit of Kat and Brady and caught up on their lives together.

I absolutely love Lex Martin's writing and this story was so flawlessly written with so much emotion I couldn't put it down. I spent the whole book with butterflies in my stomach sure I knew how t
Laura Lee
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
By: Lex Martin
4.5 Stars

After falling in love with the lavender fields in Shameless, when I heard that Lex Martin was writing a standalone companion, I couldn’t wait to get my hands on it!

Tori has been on a sabbatical from men. Her past record with heart breaks has done her in. This last relationship was the one that hurt so bad.
So, when her sister comes to her with an offer to get out of town and live by her, while being the nanny to a good friend of her and her husband, Tori packs up
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***AVAILABLE NOW***

4.5 CROWNS

SO SWEET AND ROMANTIC. So steamy. The more I listen to Lex Martin, the more I am convinced that this woman knows how to balance that story with fantastic bedroom shenanigans.

I really loved Tori and Ethan together. They seemed to fit together in that “made for each other” notion. She was sweet and charming, looking to be helpful, and he was the grumpy single dead. Through the story, they save each other.

The conflict was a bit unexpected. I didn’t predict the circula
Amanda
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-romance
“Because have I ever wanted anyone more than I want her? As a friend or a lover? Never.”

I’m in love with Ethan!

Oh my goodness, what a steamy and wonderful surprise this book was. I can’t get over how much I enjoyed Reckless by Lex Martin. I can’t stop thinking about Tori and Ethan and their families! Ugh, I seriously loved everything about this story.

I devoured the crap out of Reckless. First of all we have Tori who is young and has had a really rough year. She’s on a man diet and not lookin
New Adult Book Club: #14/18 ~ Reckless by Lex Martin COPIES ALL GONE 88 151 Aug 21, 2018 07:50AM
Bargain Basement: $25 Amazon Gift Card 1 8 Feb 20, 2018 03:52PM

• The Wrong Kind of Love (The Boys of Jackson Harbor, #1)
  • One Last Time (Second Time Around, #2)
  • Rebel Heir (Rush Duet, #1)
  • Only You (One and Only, # 1)
  • Rebel Heart (Rush Duet, #2)
  • If I Only Knew (Second Time Around, #4)
  • Inappropriate
  • Irresistible (Cloverleigh Farms, #1)
  • Ruin (Gods, #1)
  • The Hardest Fall
  • Come Back for Me (The Arrowood Brothers, #1)
  • Perfect Love Story (Love Story, #1)
  • Brooklynaire (Brooklyn, #1)
  • Birthday Girl
  • Hold You Close
  • Something So Unscripted (Something So, #4)
  • Faking It
  • Follow Me Back (Fight for Me, #2)
Lex Martin is the USA Today bestselling author of Reckless, Shameless, and The Dearest Series. She writes contemporary romance novels, the steamy kind she hopes her readers love but her parents avoid. A former high school English teacher and freelance journalist, she resides in Texas with her husband and twin daughters. Drop her a line. She loves hearing from readers.

UPCOMING NEW RELEASE: BREATHLE