Start by marking “Borderline” as Want to Read:
Borderline

Borderline

Borderline is a journey of Amrita Srivastava. It is the journey of her mind, her being her soul. The book starts with Amrita's background birth and family history. It shows the underlying currents of a loving close knit family and how the family splits apart due to a ghastly divorce which affects Amrita mentally.

Thereon Amrita is completely dependant on her father and she
Published September 15th 2017 by Bloomsbury

To ask other readers questions about Borderline, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Borderline

Murali Ryan
Mar 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Borderline by Shabri Prasad Singh is based on physiological and an truly captivating story which dwells with various emotions moreover its a life story of author. In every chapter she made balance with all emotions to move heavy heartily to another chapter. I mean it as novel is that much touchy for me.

Amrita Srivastava, protagonist of the story. A younger kid for her parents succeding her elder sister who was obedient from childhood which is opposite to Amrita. As from younger age she seeks for
Shivam Saxena
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
this book isn't just a book it is a life, a life where struggles, relationships, and loneliness have captured all the way of your livings.
this is the first case when I am reading a book with such disorder or mental illness.
as I received this book I was curious to know about the story. what would be that? how could one get relief from such disorder? the title as well covers pic has its own legacy to attract readers and I was one of those who was eager to go deep within it.
it is you and only you
Jaideep Khanduja
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Borderline by Shabri Prasad Singh: More Than A Confession

Borderline by Shabri Prasad Singh is a bold submission. Disclosing your past, including the darker shades of your life is not an easy task. Not even the boldest of the personalities would dare to do so. That too been a patient of one of the complex disorders of mind and psychology. That is how the title of this fictional autobiography originates. The story has everything that a good story should have
Dimple Singh
Mar 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Title: Borderline

Publishers: Bloomsbury Publishing

Publication Date: 10th October 2017

ISBN-13: 9789386643063

Number of Pages: 237

Borderline by Shabri Prasad Singh is a psychological thriller based on borderline personality disorder. Most of us must be unaware of this disorder, including me, until I read the book.

The story of the book revolves around Amrita Srivastava who suffered from this disease due to the troubles that she had endured in her life right from the childh
Aakanksha Mishra
Borderline is kind of a self - help book and based on real-life incidents. It is the story of a girl named Amrita and her journey of being a borderline personality disorder patient. This book describes the struggle in her life, the pain she has to go through, heartbreaks, betrayal, numerous sufferings and death of loved ones.

Before reading this book I didn't even know such kind of personality disorder exists. That's why I researched lots of stuff about borderline personality disorder before rea
Hitesh Solanki
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Borderline by Shabri Prasad Singh is a beautifully written book. The story managed to hook me up from the very start.
Hers is a story that deserves to be told. Hers is a story that deserves to be heard. It’s the story of a girl named ‘Amrita’ who has faced many incidents since her childhood. After a full of struggle, desperation, loneliness, leading to alcohol and drugs she gets infected with a borderline personality disorder. I experienced every pain while reading.
Highly recommended
Sushmita Singh
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"Borderline" by Shabri Prasad is a book i loved the most because of its genuine peeapects to aware this very less known disorder human can suffer. Many we dont know about this personality disorder but with this book i am able to know more about this serious issue a human can opt.
The book is full of motivations to promote life when life throws you up and down which directly leads to destruction of life.

Author describes her realy life story and how the protogonist Amrita Shrivastava got addictio
Grishma Ninave
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing

LIFE IS BEAUTIFULLY BORDERLINE

Borderline & Beautiful, that's what we are,

We love we cry but in the end we can win the fight,

The Mayhem can stop to grow,

The acceptance can become a wonderful shore.

Title - Borderline

Author - Shabri Prasad Singh

Publisher - Bloomsbury Publishing India Pvt. Ltd.

Publishing date - 10 October 2017

Language - English

Format - Paperback

Number of pages - 237

Genre - Inspiration

ISBN 10 - 9386643065

ISBN 13 - 978-9386643063

Cover design - Graficus

This is a riveting and well
Deepak Singh Rawat
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite
Author Shabri Prasad Singh has beautifully weaved this fictional book but it is actually inspired by her real life. Borderline is a story of Amrita Srivastava who was born ‘normal’ but with time her ‘normal behavior’ became unacceptable. Amrita like Shabri suffers from Borderline Personality Disorder.

The book is divided into 23 chapters. Her journey has been told from how her parents met to how she is now. If we see Amrita’s story on a timeline then one could divide her journey mainly in 3 parts
Tushar Jain
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Blurb-

With this true life narrative turned fictional, delve into the life and thoughts of Amrita Srivastava.

Harbouring an almost devotional love for her father and unable to cope with the legal separation of her parents, this is the account of how she is subsequently diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder and the powerful story of how she eventually overcomes her demons.

Having shifted from Chandigarh to New York to study, Amrita has just about begun to adjust to the new city when her lif
Swapna Peri
Printed Price: INR 211
ISBN-10: 9386643065
ISBN-13: 978-9386643063

Book Title:
The title of the book ' Borderline' is very unique, new and doesn't give the reader any idea about the story of the book.

Book Cover :
The book cover image is a woman's double face with a grey color all over that sets the mood of the story into a dull mood, indicating pain.

Plo
Pratik Jadhav
Apr 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Borderline by Shabri Prasad Singh is a psychological thriller which not only entertains but is also quite different from the usual thrillers I've read. The book basically explores the journey of Amrita Srivastava who suffers from Borderline Personality Disorder. At first I had no clue what this disorder is all about, so I was very much interested in reading the story.

Amrita's childhood, her bonding with her father is described well. It was disheartening to read how her life changes after her fat
Garima Saroj
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very well written. The story and emotions are relatable . Loved the tiny bits of poetry at the start of each chapter ! It is a book that makes you think how simple attachment can lead you to path of stagnation and how and why it is important to always hold yourself first . It is about the struggle of the protagonist with her excess emotions and finally acceptance of her situation - borderline personality disorder . Read it to know it :)
To the author : Way to go !
Harshita Singh
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Received a pre release copy from author Shabri. Good book to read, easy and simple language
bladenomics
Aug 13, 2018 rated it did not like it
Borderline by Shabri Singh is a semi - autobiographical novel. It's a story worth reading for the writer has suffered for her art- Bad decisions make good stories. I had received an email to review this some time ago but I just got the chance to pick it up. I purchased it on Kindle and finished it in a few hours. Sadly the book does not have "loan a book" option on Kindle, which I would have liked to do. Borderline by Shabri Singh is a half completed story and though not really worth reading, it ...more
Sana Shekh
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Borderline by Shabri Prasad singh is a real life account, beautifully narrated in a way which will transport you to a fictional world.

The story revolves around the life of Amrita and the series of events which lead to BORDERLINE PERSONALITY DISORDER. The first blow of her life comes with the separation of her parents followed by the death of her father . All these incidents completely shatter her and lead her to a life which cannot be imagined without alcohol and drugs.

Will she be able to ever
Prerna Singh
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Borderline is written by Shabri Prasad Singh.

The cover and title both are mysterious and make us ponder what can be its meaning and is highly intriguing thus a great combination.
Coming to the book what facinated me the most is not it's language or its rich vocabulary or even its story, they were surely good at their respective places but the courage and honesty the author has shown while writing the book is the main thing which is commendable. It's never easy to put all the truth of ones life b
Isha Shankhpal
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Borderline personality disorder is a mental illness marked by an ongoing pattern of varying moods, self-image, and behavior. These symptoms often result in impulsive actions and problems in relationships. People with borderline personality disorder may experience intense episodes of anger, depression, and anxiety that can last from a few hours to days. (Source: Google)
Some people are so deep in love that they can do anything for their loved ones, even if it is begging for the love, they just hav
Ravi Gurunani
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Borderline is a psychological Fiction by Shabri Prasad Singh and she serves us an unique plot. There are many surprises in the book which glues readers with the book.

Book Title and Cover- Book Title is interesting and creates curiosity about the content. Cover goes well with the title and the content and adds curiosity.

Blurb is short, crisp and fine.

Overall, First Impression of the book attracts readers.

Language and Narration- Language of the book is simple and easy to comprehend. Narration is d
Sakshy Rai
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Borderline is an insight to life of a BPD patient. How situations create and influence our personality. How does a mental disorder evolve? A beautiful narrative touching you at emotional level and depicting the world from perspective of a person who suffers from the BPD. Cover is beautifully designed and kind of gives you mental setup to embark on journey of reading this book. Narration and vocabulary is appreciable and storyline as well.
Tushar Mangl
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Borderline personality disorder has been the theme of many books but Shabri Prasad Singh brings out a fresh perspective to it with an intriguing story, mostly based on reality. It is a woman's emotional journey through the borderline disorder and the emotional upheaval it causes.

Borderline is about the life of Amrita Srivastava. It is the journey of her mentality, her being, and her soul. The book begins with Amrita's backdrop, her birth and family history. It shows the basic settings of a tend
Saraswati
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Starting right from the book cover, I must tell that it's quite fascinating considering of a lady in black and white shades,it seems like her eyes are shut by a blind fold named borderline and if I go further it's what the story is all about.
The story revolves around amrita a bold character indeed, it's about her phase from childhood till adulthood, how m
John  Trident
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
A story of sadness, mishaps, misfortunes & depression. Borderline takes you on a journey where the reader experiences pain in every pain while reading & feels it from the central character's perspective. It has been written effectively with enriched localisation & research well oriented with real-life & real-time experiences. The central character experiences borderline personality disorder, a trait & a rare disease contracted only by a few selected unlucky people in the worl ...more
Harsha Chakilam
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Borderline, the book title and the cover are quite interesting, making the reader curious about what the book unfolds. The protagonist, Amrita’s life is so very relatable to everyone around us. The book is all about Amrita who suffers from Borderline personality disorder and how she overcomes loneliness, self-image, desperation and her behavior. The author is to be appreciated for being so bold and honest and openly express her emotions. Very good storyline and narration is also simple. Finally… ...more
Jalpa Makwana
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Borderline – story about psychology theme. It’s a journey of amrita who suffers from borderline personality disorder. Very relatable character of amrita. How he put herself in hazardous situation and how she manages herself to come out from it. Narration is gripping one. It shows how mentally ill person fights with his/her life. it perfectly shows their weaknesses, fear, intensity. Author has expressed her story very well. story shows amrita’s loneliness, heartbreaks, love, relation, fight with ...more
Subha
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story is based upon the real life of the author, and is able to articulate the problems faced by a borderline personality disorder person. It's the story of a girl who has seen a lot at a very early age and she subjected to intense emotions and situations now and then. This book deals with Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) and is written in the most beautiful and simple way. This book is a fictionalized account based on the author’s life.

Some people are so deep in love that they can do
Ayushi Nair
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Starting from the cover images of a woman's double face with a grey color and black color. It say about pain, darkness. The title of the book is "Borderline" unique. After completing the novel i came know about this disorder. Borderline personality disorder (BPD), also known as emotionally unstable personality disorder (EUPD), is a long-term pattern of abnormal behavior characterized by unstable relationships with other people, unstable sense of self, and unstable emotions.

This is story of the p
Kiran Adharapuram
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Book Title: Borderline
Paperback: 256 pages
Publisher: Bloomsbury India; First edition (10 October 2017)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 9386643065
ISBN-13: 978-9386643063

Blurb:
Vidhya Thakkar
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Borderline is the story of Amrita Singh who suffers from Borderline Personality Disorder. It's her journey from school days where she has to move to different places because of her father's transfer. every time she learns to adopt change. It is tightly said, Situations that happens in childhood stays in our mind forever. Watching her parents getting Divorced, her mother's affair, Fathers friends misusing his position and His Death. Many such events make Amrita's condition worst.Will she accept e ...more
Tiara Aitijhya  Periwinkle

The beautiful cover gave me an impression that this is going to be a psychological thriller. But as I read the blurb I found that this is something I've been waiting to read since ages. Mental health is still a hush hush topic in India and nobody really wants to talk about it. It's so brave an act that the author has chosen to openly talk about such a topic portraying it via a life incident, which captures its entire essence.

Borderline Personality Disorder - even a few months back I was oblivio