Start by marking “Missing (Lyn Kramer Mystery, #1)” as Want to Read:
Missing (Lyn Kramer Mystery, #1)

Missing

(Lyn Kramer Mystery #1)

Victim? Runaway? Or Criminal?
Detective Lyn Kramer is busy training Jud Hughes, a new detective on the force, when Gary Farnsworth shows up to report his wife missing. As the interview progresses, Lyn realizes the missing woman is none other than her own twin sister, Melissa. Lyn and Melissa have not seen each other since their parents died twenty-five years ago, when the g
Published July 8th 2017 by Annjonesbooks

To ask other readers questions about Missing, please sign up.
Ann Jones Thank you Elaine 💗 I am getting close! Still can't believe how much there is to learn about publishing hee hee! Thank you for keeping me inspired! 😊

James
Why This Book
I connected with the author a few months ago and liked the summary of her book. While it was free, I downloaded it, knowing I liked mystery series and would want to give it a try. In a quest to close on all open items on my TBR before January 2018 finishes, I read this one on a plane ride home from a Christmas trip to visit family. And I'm glad I did; it's got lots of potential.

Plot, Characters & Setting
Detective Lyn Kramer, ~32ish, works in a small town training her new
Ann Jones
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Hope you have fun reading Missing - the first book in the series Lyn Kramer Mystery! Thank you so much!! http://book.annjonesbooks.com/ free copy :-)
Angie Dokos
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great story. This author has a lot of potential. I look forward to reading more of her work. The story is interesting and keeps your attention. It's not super-fast paced, but it still keeps you on the edge of your seat. And having twins in the story just makes it that much more intriguing for me. There were a few unanswered, or kind of vague details, but hopefully they'll come out as the series progresses. I can't believe they lived in the same small town and didn't know it. It's hard to believe ...more
Lena (The Printed Girl)
Let me begin by saying this is a very short read. It's also very fast paced and there's a lot going on! But this fast style went well with the overall story. It's just an uncomplicated read that you will definitely enjoy if you like your mysteries short and action filled.

I loved the fact that there also was a bit of romance going on. I can imagine some people would find this a bit too much. But I actually liked that there was so much going on at the same time. It made it even more fast paced

Some
Leah Lozano
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An easy read and a great book! Ann Jones’ writing style keeps you well immersed in the depths of her story. I easily connected with the characters and found myself moved by them. I read book one straight through, already have book two and am delighted to hear there is a third! Keep writing, Ann!
Mark
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved the start of this book where a husband walks into his local Police office and reports to Lyn Kramer that his wife is missing.......but he cant get his words out properly as Lyn is the doppleganger of his missing wife!
And the story goes from there, its more of an extended short story than a full novel and there is a lot of info and back story packed into it
An easy to read style of writing that encouraged me to read on and finish quickly
The story itself is interesting and kinda shocking, t
Gill
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly enjoyed this book. Was hooked into the story from page 1, line 1, word 1.
A good detective novel which includes mystery and intrigue and some lovely lead characters. I couldn’t put this book down. As soon as I had finished it I went online to find the second in the series hitch I am now about to immerse myself in. Well done Ann Jones, keep them coming
Cheryl
Dec 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this novel for free from the author via a giveaway. I have voluntarily chosen to review the book, and the gifting in no way determines my review/rating, which reflects my honest opinion.

This is a completely new author for me and it wasn't until I read some reviews on here that I realised Missing is the author's debut novel, which makes it all the more exceptional for that reason alone. Extremely well written, with engaging characters and a fast paced plot that holds your at
Norman
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Interesting reading about 2 sisters who were separated. Now one is missing and the other is a polie detective. Some romance but overall I enjoyed the book and of course happy end.
Frank DeMoro
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very intriguing read, the more I read, the more I enjoyed it. The last few chapters were very tense and exciting and loved the plot! Can't wait to read "Trapping"
Buttercupp77
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crime
This is the first novel in what appears to be a police procedural series featuring a female detective. While I found this book to be on the short side, it did set up the series quite nicely as it introduces what seems to be a complex and troubled history for the main character with lots of potential for future conflicts and revelations.

For me, the characters were particularly strong: they seemed very human, for the most part. (There's one character who seems a little too perfect to me, but it's
Bobbie
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a mystery/thriller and the first book of this author, but I'm sure there will be more. The story focuses on a school teacher Melissa Farnsworth's disappearance, and a young detective Melinda is called into investigate the missing person case. The husband of the missing woman keeps staring at the detective because there's such an uncanny resemblance between her and his wife. We soon learn the missing woman is the detective's twin sister who was separated from her as a child. Melinda knows ...more
jennifer brewster
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Can't put this thing down, Have not read a good book a a while... Thanks Ann, Worth the wait!
Kristi Lewis
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lyn Kramer has been contacted to investigate a woman, Melissa that has been reported missing. Jud is assisting Lyn on the case. Lyn has been asked to step aside from the case once she discovers that Melissa is her twin sister. Lyn is more determined than ever to find out where Melissa is. There are family secrets that are buried deep. There is also a very disturbing reason that Melissa went missing. Gary her husband can't understand how Melissa would leave her family without explanation. Ann Jon ...more
Tammy
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First time reading from the author.
I thought the story was good. It had a couple of sad spots in the story. The story had you wondering what happened to Melissa. I got to see two sides of family, one nice, and one so bad, they all need to be locked up for a long time. Lyn’s boyfriend, now a ex needs to be locked up as well. He turned out creepy to me. Lyn a detective and her partner does everything they can to find what happen to her.
The author starts throwing info at me and then it seems the m
Anita Rodgers
Aug 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: awesome-indies
An entertaining quick read which might make you burn dinner

Missing is an intriguing mystery from debut crime novelist Ann Jones. Her main character Lyn Kramer is a no-nonsense detective who has no trouble clearing cases, getting the job done, and calling it a day. And since she is so good at it, believes herself to be impervious to the crimes she investigates. Until it becomes personal.

A simple missing persons case turns into a waking nightmare for Kramer, when it turns out it’s her twin sister
P.S. Winn
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Readers get to meet Lyn Kramer, a detective training her partner Jud Hughes. When Gary Farnsworth come in to report his wife is missing, Lyn, Jud and Gary notice the resemblance between the missing woman and Lyn. Maybe that is because Lyn and Melissa are identical twins who were separated twenty five years ago when their parents died. Lyn knows she has to find her twin and reconnect, but how? This is a really good mystery with just the right amount of twists and background story for readers to e ...more
Callie Walker
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is a quick read with a simple yet engaging plot. The characters are real and I instantly bought the sequel because I missed them as soon as I reached the end of "Missing."
Frances Vivienne
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book.
It was very well written with a great story line.
I just wish it had been longer.
A recommended read..
Rachael
Oct 13, 2017 rated it liked it
I received this book from the author in return for an honest review. This in no way influences my opinion.

Missing follows a detective, Melinda (Lyn), who is working on a missing persons case with her partner Jud. As soon as Lyn sees the picture of the missing woman, she instantly and easily recognizes her, because it is her twin sister, Melissa. Lyn has not spoken or seen her sister since they were separated at a young age and she had no idea that Melissa was living in the same city as herself.
Vicky Quenault
Aug 29, 2018 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book, but it was a little soft for me. There was no real build up of suspense or mystery, the romantic sub plot was a bit adolescent and the character development definitely needs work.
I guess I just expected a little more grit in a story where the protagonist is a detective.
Overall, its a nice light read, and some of the characters have huge potential, especially Kelsey.
If you want something thats easy to read and has a light touch with the darker aspects of life this is a good
Ge
Jan 24, 2018 marked it as to-read
What an excellent story! Ann Jones' descriptions with deep insights of police culture make me think at times that the author herself is a detective and that the case was real. I couldn't put down the book until I finished, feeling the human emotion of Detective Lyn Kramer when her twin sister, Melisa, was missing.
Laila Costevelos
Dec 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Just finished reading this book in one sitting and I really enjoyed it, I can’t wait to see what’s coming next. All In all it was a fantastic read with promising characters and a great last few chapters packed full of tension!
TamaraLynne Stewart
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
very good book from Ann Jones I am looking forward to reading the second one in this series I can't wait to see what happens next 👊
Cecelia J.
Dec 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a well-crafted and splendidly written must read novel. The mystery suspense keeps one thinking and working with the story line. The story line is unique. It is a lovely clean book with a sprinkle of romantic promise. Grammar is first-class. I am waiting for this author to write her next book so I can read it. With her exceptional skills, she will go along way in the world of writing.
Tamra Delasalle Padgett
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Twin sisters separated after their parents deaths are made to live apart with each set of grandparents, never to see each other again until now. Melinda and Melissa get to meet again when Melissa is forced to be involved with her drug dealing family cousins or else her family will come to harm. Melinda became a detective and is working the case of her missing sister. Ann Jones is a wonderful writer and author and her writing kept me reading every word until the last page of the book. Missing is ...more
Sara
Pages: 191
Genre: Crime
Rating Out Of 5 Stars: 3.5
*********************************************

“She looked up into the night sky, at the bright stars and the sliver of moon. Inside she was screaming for help, but who could help her?"

Lyn Kramer is a detective just like her grandfather. Most cases are pretty typical but when Gary Farnsworth comes into her office over his missing wife she g
Neal Davies
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Missing had me captivated from the moment I started reading this thriller, to the very end. The only disappointment I had was it left me wanting for more and I'm hoping there will be a sequel. Ann's characters were believable and the more you read the more familiar they become to you.
Lyn Kramer is a clever detective with a sketchy past and a twin sister that desperately needs her help and Lyn won't hesitate to do so to the point of putting her own career on the line.
If you enjoy a thriller that
Shay Mills
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ann Jones is impressive with the detail in ‘Missing' a Detective Lyn Kramer story. She's able to wrap you tightly into an enthralling narrative of deception and mystery. Follow Detective Kramer on the hunt for her sister, Melissa, before her sister commits a crime to protect her family. Detective Kramer is caught between a family feud, the woes of forbidden love, and solving a missing persons case to close to home. Who, what, why are great questions but without giving away the plot YOU MUST READ ...more
Bobbi Wagner
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Missing (Lyn Kramer Mystery, #1) by Ann Jones is her debut book that is totally AWESOME! I fully loved her writing style and her creation of characters. Her writing will pull you in from the first word and keep you engaged until the last word. This story is about a woman who just disappears and now the police department is left to find her (I don't want to say to much as it will give away so many things and you really need to read this story to find out). This story is full of action and suspens ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Kay'sville (Rhea Jensen, #4)
  • Rivers to Blood (John Jordan Mystery, #6)
  • The Other Side of Life
  • Endless Evil (Pruitt County Mysteries, #1)
  • The Other Side of Goodbye (Norman Green Book 1)
  • The Lost Orphans #2
  • Heat Lightning ( Florida Panhandle Mystery #3)
  • Pursuit
  • The Snowman: Prequel to the Detective Quaid Mysteries
  • Get Lost (A Gabe McKenna Mystery Book 2)
  • Loose Ends
  • Shivering World
  • The Moon Stands Still (The Raleigh Harmon Mysteries, #7)
  • In a Bind (California Corwin P.I. #2)
  • Hunted (Diana Hunter #1)
  • Terminal Justice
  • Death Along the Spirit Road (Manny Tanno #1)
  • A Blind Eye
Inspired by so many wonderful authors, I have always had an unquenchable desire to read and write books. I am a lifelong bookworm and avid adventurer. I have fun living in Washington where the scenic landscapes are the perfect setting for weaving new tales.

http://book.annjonesbooks.com/ pick up a free copy of my book on #instafreebie

Lyn Kramer Mystery (2 books)
  • Trapping (Lyn Kramer Mystery, #2)