Start by marking “Nebula Risen (Roak: Galactic Bounty Hunter #2)” as Want to Read:
Nebula Risen (Roak: Galactic Bounty Hunter #2)

Nebula Risen

(Roak: Galactic Bounty Hunter #2)

Jonny Nebula was the greatest heavy-grav fighter to ever compete in the Orbs. Galactic Champion for two decades running, no one could touch his skill. Until his final, brutal fight when his reign came to a bloody, deadly end.
But, as Roak is about to find out, there's always an encore.
An old friend from his past. A job that shouldn't exist. A web of lies and deceit that g
Published June 1st 2017 by Severed Press

To ask other readers questions about Nebula Risen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nebula Risen

Start your review of Nebula Risen (Roak: Galactic Bounty Hunter #2)
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
This was fantastic. I wouldn’t expect less from Jake Bible! It’s also on Kindle Unlimited US

Happy Reading!

Mel 🖤🐶🐺🐾
Montzalee Wittmann
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Nebula Risen: A Roak: Galactic Bounty Hunter Novel
Written by: Jake Bible
Narrated by: Andrew B. Wehrlen
I requested this audible book and the review is voluntary.
I love Jake Bible's books that I have read so far! This is one heck of a ride! It has everything a good sci-fi should have: aliens, action, suspense, an AI that is not quite right, intrigue, danger, a bounty hunter with some morals when need be, sprinkle of humor, fast ship, and faster talking. Great plot, wonderful characters, and loved
Jennifer Wheeler
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is an excellent, fast-paced 2nd instalment in the Galactic Bounty Hunter series. Roak is on the run - simultaneously towards his intended target, and away from some mysterious black-clad woman from his past. I can’t wait to find out who she is...on to the next book I go!
Scott
Aug 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Take portions of “Blade Runner”, action from “Aliens” and combine it with a little bit of “Fight Club” and you get a sense of what “Nebula Risen” which is the second book in the Roak Galactic Bounty Hunter series, is all about. This is the latest book released by Jake Bible; a rather prolific science fiction and fantasy author. The audiobook edition is very well narrated by Andrew B. Wehrlen who himself narrates many books in the same genre. What could go wrong when you place one of the most ove ...more
Elena Alvarez Dosil
Oct 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Review originally published at: http://www.lomeraniel.com/audiobookre...

Bounty hunter Roak is forcefully hired to locate and bring Johnny Nebula, one of the greatest heavy-grav fighter, who died during a fight. During his search, Roak will meet an old ‘friend’, who will just increase Roak’s worries.

I really enjoyed Roak’s cheeky personality and his conversations with ‘Hessa’ the special and quirky AI in Roak’s spaceship. I always appreciate when there is good humor in books, and there are quite
Norma
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: action, 2017, humour, reviewed, s-f
( Format : Audiobook )
"Roak, just Roak."
Jake Bible is a master at creating this type of book: the sardonic loner bounty hunter, best in his class, fast talking, even faster action and always battling extreme, life threatening situations. Or worse, at risk of perhaps not getting his fee in chits (cash); never credits, thank you very much. This book is no different. It is fast, it is fun, it is very easy to read and enjoy as Roak finds himself trapped into taking on the job of tracking down a dead
David P. Duffy
Jun 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Bounty Hunter Fast, Fun, Quick Reading

"Nebula Risen: A Roak Galactic Bounty Hunter Novel," is the second of the series, written by Mr. Jake Bible. It is a fast, fun, quick reading story of a determined loner, bounty hunter: Roak.

The story has Roak (no first name, no "Mr.," just Roak) being manipulated into taking a "hunt," for a gambling syndicate's premiere fighter, thought to have died in his last bout. Roak, accompanied by his quirky, sentient AI "Hessa," picks up the trail, encounters crim
Lori
Sep 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
Another great addition to the series. These books are just addicting. They are fun, humorous and very entertaining. This book help make a very unpleasant road trip (evacuating for Irma) a lot more tolerable.

Even though this book is part of an ongoing series It can be listened to as a standalone.

Jake Bible knows how to write a story that pulls you in from the start and never lets go. Between the action, intrigue, and suspense there is always something happening. Add in all the snarky sarcastic
Scott
Sep 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Roak, so famous and so effcient and competent that most know their beat before he has barely started.
This is my first outing with Roak but he is very well written as an uncaring and direct if aged hunter. when you live for the hunt and even your AI seems to spend as much time trying to make you more humane, then your know your in trouble.
The tale of Roaks subsequent frame up job and his deal spans a worthwhile size although it can be a little long i did find it a nice change following his thoug
RJ
Our famous or infamous, depending how you look at it, spaceman bounty hunter engages in one of his strangest hunts. Roak is hired to prove that one of the Orbs greatest fighters, Jonny Nebula, is in fact dead by producing the body. Orbs’ fighters are similar to our MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) league. Roak over turns one rock after another to discover the facts and fantasy assigned to Jonny Nebula. In so doing Roak made many enemies who wanted the truth to remain unknown. As it turns out the truth i ...more
Trevor
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
The second outing for Roak, see's him forced unto the hunt for a dead orbs fighter. This builds on the first book and is a much better story line. The introduction of a partner in Hessa, the slightly eccentric AI, helps bring out Roak's character. Looking forward too book three and hopefully finding out more about the mysterious lady in black from his past.
Chris Davis
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book in series

Really,really enjoyed this second book in series as much as I did the first. I'm certainly hoping for more Roak in the future. Big fan of Author Jake Bible who I only recently discovered.
PJ Lea
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi
Roak and Hessa are a brilliant duo, they complement each other, even though one is 'human' and the other is an insane, sentient, A.I.
The story races along, it's crazy and funny, and I stayed awake until 2am reading it because I couldn't put it down.
Deirdre Toby
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jake Bible knocks it out of the park again!

I really enjoy Roak's adventures. Plenty of action to keep you on the edge of your seat, or up late reading lol. I really hope there will be a third book in this story.
Micheal Young
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great addition to the series

Light hearted space faring adventure. It is entertaining and humorous at times. If you want to read something similar to this check out the OMEGA FORCE series.
Keith
Action packed
Steve
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: science-fiction
Better than the first book.
Jeff Miller
Nov 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fun read
Bobbie J. Taschler
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good Second Book.

Although there is lots of violence it is still a fun ride. Got a little more into Roak's background in this book. I hope there will be more..
Marcela
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was given this free review copy audio book at my request and have voluntarily left this review.

Great Story! The narration was perfect and each character had a distinct voice.

Wyatt Smith
Apr 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
This review is for the audiobook version

This is the second in the Roak series. Much like the first, Roak gets a bounty and things don't work out. The galaxy just hasn't realised that if you don't mess with Roak everything will be so much better. They are starting to learn that in this book. Roak is forced into searching for a dead person and along the way we are introduced to some shadowy figure from his past.

Lots of action, an uppity AI and dumb lizardmen make for a really enjoyable book. Andr
Craig Daniels
Apr 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable ride.

Roark is an interesting character. Wrought with flaws, but definitely likable as he takes one assignment to the next. I look forward to reading the next saga in the series.
kenneth L. Howard
Oct 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Loved it

And so will you. It’s one that will keep you engaged and in wonderment as to why it’s not a movie! Enjoy it. I did.
Nick White
William Skipsey
Jul 18, 2018
Kash Hatton
Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Careful. This book will suck you right in.

I was actually surprised at how quickly I was drawn into this book.

I was unfamiliar with the universe or the protagonist (Roak), but immediately related to the character and felt at home in the Galactic Bounty Hunter universe.

The story follows an unconventional bounty hunter on a seemingly impossible job and keeps the twists, action, and intrigue flowing non-stop throughout the entire book.

I haven't read the previous Roak novel yet, but even though this
Charles B Rodgers
Jul 25, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Contact Front (Drop Trooper #1)
  • The True Measure (Terran Armor Corps #3)
  • Dropship (Forsaken Mercenary #1)
  • Black Sheep: A Space Opera Adventure (Flight of the Javelin Book 1)
  • Sacrificial Pieces (The Gam3, #3)
  • Double Edged Blade (Omega #2)
  • The Last Reaper (Last Reaper #1)
  • Advent (Sunfall, #2)
  • The Hand of War (Omega #4)
  • Clone World (Undying Mercenaries Series Book 12)
  • Reloaded (AI Reborn #2)
  • The Ibarra Sanction (Terran Armor Corps #2)
  • Earth's Gambit (The Gam3, #2)
  • SUNFALL: A Post-Apocalyptic Survival Fiction Series: Book 3: Impact
  • The Storm (Omega #3)
  • Iron Dragoons (Terran Armor Corps #1)
  • A Harvest of Blood (Omega #5)
  • Opening Moves (The Gam3, #1)
Jake Bible, Bram Stoker Award nominated-novelist, short story writer, independent screenwriter, podcaster, and inventor of the Drabble Novel, has entertained thousands with his horror, sci/fi, thriller, and adventure tales. He reaches audiences of all ages with his uncanny ability to write a wide range of characters and genres.

Jake is the author of the bestselling Z-Burbia series set in Asheville,

Roak: Galactic Bounty Hunter (5 books)
  • Roak (Roak: Galactic Bounty Hunter #1)
  • Razer Edge (Roak: Galactic Bounty Hunter #3)
  • Paradox Slaughter (Roak: Galactic Bounty Hunter #4)
  • Infinite Mayhem (Roak: Galactic Bounty Hunter #5)

News & Interviews