Jump to ratings and reviews
A high school reunion is about to get down and dirty and a whole lot more complicated in this new erotic romance from NYT Bestselling Author Carrie Ann Ryan.

Grayson Cleary left town before graduation day and never looked back. Most people back home pegged him as a dropout. Over time, he’s worked to make something of his life and leave his past behind, so when his ten-year reunion comes up, he has no intention of attending. When his best friend begs him to go, Grayson finds himself confronted with a past he’d rather forget and the one woman he’s always craved.

Kate St. Dalton had everything when she left her hometown. Not only was she Valedictorian with a full scholarship, but she was also engaged to the boy of her dreams. Then, life threw a wrench in her plans, and she had to find a way to live the new life fate handed her. The last thing she needs is the hot boy from high school returning to town as the sexy man of her dreams.

When the two take a chance and use the reunion week to burn up the sheets, they’ll have to remember that it’s only for a few nights—not for a lifetime. And decide if what they have is just a fling…or something far more than a mere reunion.

164 pages, ebook

First published June 27, 2017

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Carrie Ann Ryan

265 books5,359 followers
Carrie Ann Ryan is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of contemporary, paranormal, and young adult romance. Her works include the Montgomery Ink, Talon Pack, Promise Me, and Elements of Five series, which have sold millions of books worldwide. She's the winner of a RT Book of the Year and a Prism Award in her genres. She started writing while in graduate school for her advanced degree in chemistry and hasn’t stopped since. Carrie Ann has written over seventy-five novels and novellas with more in the works. When she’s not losing herself in her emotional and action-packed worlds, she’s reading as much as she can while wrangling her clowder of cats who have more followers than she does.

The Montgomery Ink World contains the following series, though each series is a stand alone and can be read in any order. Feel free to hop around:

The Montgomery Ink Series
The Gallagher Brothers Series
The Montgomery Ink: Colorado Springs Series
The Whiskey and Lies Series
The Fractured Connections Series
The Montgomery Ink: Boulder Series
The Less Than Series
The Promise Me Series

Her Elements of Five Series is her Young Adult Romance series while her other series are all adult.

Her Talon Pack series is set in the same world as the Redwood Pack series, only 30 years later.

The Dante's Circle, Holiday, Montana, and Branded Packs series are all individual series as well.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
28 (3%)
1 star
8 (<1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 156 reviews
Profile Image for Sofia Lazaridou.
2,734 reviews136 followers
June 27, 2017
I want to see that effing Karly get what she deserves.She is the most unlikable person in the small town so far and she will probably get what she deserves with the man she chose to be. That man happens to be Kate's ex-husband and he is not a nice person, to put it mildly.

The writing is the same as always which is a good thing. Not an unpleasant surprise. If you are familiar with the authors writing you will know what I am talking about and if you are not, then you will be pleasantly surprised. The characters were well developed and I liked the. They were like good people.

Kate and Grayson had a great chemistry and I they were perfect for each other. The clicked for me and I was very satisfied with the book. Some characters from the other four books appear and I liked finding hints as to what they were up to. The story is stand alone so there is no worry about needing to have read the other books to enjoy this one.
Profile Image for Kathleen R..
1,389 reviews43 followers
July 14, 2017
Carrie ann ryan - drop out

5 amazing stars

I am and always have been a fan of Carrie Ann Ryan's works ever since i discovered her through her Montgomery Ink series and i've been a goner ever since. From that point on, i've read her Talon Pack series, Gallagher Brothers series and Montgomery Ink series, but i don't remember if i've had a chance to read any of her standalone noveles (in truth, i can't recall if she has any standalones), so Drop Out is my first standalone from her and wow!

4.5 sexy dreams

Maybe it's because i know what to expect from Carrie Ann Ryan after the numerous books from her and she delivers on everything that i've come to love from this author's writing style, but Drop Out was captivating and a great addition to the Bad Boy Homecoming series. Grayson and Kate were unexpected together and even the other secondary characters made this story more believable. Trust me when i say that this series reminds you just how much high school has an impact on you and that sometimes, only time will tell if you'll be something more than what others thought you'd become.

*ARC provided by Author in exchange for an honest review. Reviewed by Kathleen, The Small Girl from A small girl, her man and her books

50 Book Reviews  Professional Reader

https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/8063169-kathleen-r   Goodreads | [image error]    Amazon |   http://www.facebook.com/smallgirlandherbooks1   Facebook |     http://smallgirlandherbooks.blogspot.com  By Email

Profile Image for Kim.
2,435 reviews377 followers
July 1, 2017
Find this review and more at kimberlyfaye reads.

I've said it before and I'll keep saying it — I love romance novella series. The Bad Boy Homecoming series gave me the perfect opportunity to check out four new-to-me authors while reading one of my favorite tropes — the second chance romance. The setup for these novellas is perfect and I've had such a great time reading them so far.

This was a great, quick and sexy read. I really liked both Grayson and Kate. Theirs was the perfect bad boy/good girl matchup. In high school, he was the kid who didn't walk with his class at graduation and she was the valedictorian. He had a massive crush on her, but she was in a serious relationship with the guy who would eventually become her husband, and then ex-husband. (He was also a real dick.) Life has taken them in directions they hadn't planned, but now they're face-to-face and there's a HUGE spark between them. I loved reading it, too. Kate was a great, strong heroine and a good mother. Grayson was hot and protective and, quite frankly, didn't have time for anyone's crap. Their story was sexy and sweet and I loved every minute.

Dropout was my first Carrie Ann Ryan book, but it won't be my last. I really enjoyed her writing style and her characters. I'm looking forward to tackling some of her backlist sometime very soon. In the meantime, I'll be bingeing the rest of the Bad Boy Homecoming novellas. Bring on the second chances, I am here for it!

FAVORITE QUOTES

"I want to live in the moment with you."

"I've never been in love before, Kate, but I know I could fall in love with you. Hell, I'm halfway there already."

He might have left Catfish Creek a dropout and a loser, but he'd be leaving again with the one thing he hadn't thought to find here. Hope.
Profile Image for Paula  Phillips.
4,757 reviews285 followers
August 26, 2018
Grayson Cleary has worked for everything in his life, and now it's his ten-year reunion of high school. Everyone believes he didn't graduate and he dropped out, but little does everyone know he did and he achieved more than most people with his bad situation at home. When he was in high school, he had a crush on Kate St. Dalton - the high school valedictorian and the most popular girl in the high school. The other thing is that Kate wasn't a mean girl, she was the type to say Hi, to everyone. She was one of those "nice" popular girls. Kate's life didn't go as planned as she ended up marrying the school jock and had two children and then he divorced her and left her to raise her children alone. She also dropped out of college to become a full-time mum. Now she works as a receptionist for a dental clinic, and her boss happens to be Anton who was salutatorian - second in the class. When she spots Grayson, they have chemistry and decide to give things a go. After a fantastic week of passion and chemistry, will things go any further or was this just a reunion fling? I loved this series as you could see that Grayson did genuinely care for Kate and he had this genuinely nice character persona about him. He didn't care about what people thought of him even though they didn't know the truth but he loved Kate in and out. If you love second chance romances and high school reunions, then you will enjoy the Bad Boy Homecoming Series.
Profile Image for Hannah.
1,980 reviews28 followers
ARC REVIEW

Grayson ohhh Grayson....

Everything you dread about high school reunions and your wildest fantasy about the bad boy and the good girl come to life. Grayson, due to family circumstances, didn't get to graduate like the rest of his class and therefore everyone just assumed that he dropped out. Ten years later his best friend pushes him to attend their reunion. Grayson is dreading it he hated high school. Kate enjoyed high school but everything that happened after is why she is dreading the reunion, she made the mistake of marrying her high school sweetheart, and then dropping out of college for him and supporting him while he became a lawyer. The only good thing that came from the marriage are her two beautiful children.

Grayson had a crush on Kate in high school and never acted on it because her a-hole boyfriend but now that she is single and he's in town he asks her out. Kate knew Grayson and from a far always found him good looking, but seeing him as an adult he's a wet dream walking. This time the timing was right for them both and the sexual chemistry between them is combustible. But it's not an easy romance Kate has some decisions to make and she is afraid of making the same mistakes over again.

Overall, great read. I always love Carrie Ann Ryan books for the emotional journey she puts her characters through and the hot sex...definitely the sex.
Profile Image for Nadine Bookaholic.
3,557 reviews308 followers
December 22, 2017
Dropout is the first book in the Bad Boy Homecoming series but the third book I read and I have to say that I love the fact that each of these books can be read as a standalone, but believe me once you read one of them you'll want to read them all.
I loved that Kate and Grayson had an attraction towards one another in high school although they didn't act on it because she was with her high school sweetheart who is now her ex-husband. It showed us that they were something there years ago and they didn't just rush into anything when they meet again for their high school reunion. This was a sweet and sexy read that has you rooting for the bad boy the whole time, because this bad boy turned into a great man!

You can see my full review along with an excerpt here: https://nadineisobsessedwithbooks.blo...

Profile Image for Becky Rendon.
3,366 reviews63 followers
June 21, 2017
Is it just me or did I just slip back in time to my reunion? Oh wait, I didn't go for the same reasons these two tried to avoid it. It's amazing how little changes once you "go back home". Rumors, gossip, and petty bullish!t run rampant.

I wasn't sure if my anger was righteous or a reflection of my self doubt. I really enjoyed this quick hit. Carrie Ann Ryan will get you riled up and madder than a wet cat but she will also make you sigh with stars in your eyes.

Now don't be a quitter, no Drop Outs here.

reviewed for Naughty Book Blog
Profile Image for Arys.
649 reviews35 followers
June 29, 2017
Dropout by Carrie Ann Ryan is a standalone novel and part of the Bad Boy Homecoming series. A kind of second-chance romance, where the two main characters meet after years apart during their ten-year high school reunion.

Grayson Cleary was considered the high school dropout after leaving the small town of Catfish Creek, Texas before high school graduation. Now it was the ten-year high school reunion, and though he originally had no intention of going back to his hometown, his best friend Leah had other plans for him. Soon he was back in Catfish Creek and seeing the girl he always wanted but couldn’t have during high school the moment he stepped foot into town… Kate Williamson.

Kate Williamson was valedictorian of her high school class and her family had high hopes for her. However, after getting married young to her high school sweetheart and becoming Kate St. Dalton, and then having two children before finishing college. Kate soon became a disappointment instead. A college dropout, and now a single mother who moved back to her hometown to be close to her parents, Kate is working as a secretary to help support her kids while dealing with small town minds and her family’s unhappiness over her life decisions. With only her two best-friends in her corner, being back in Catfish Creek has not been a walk in the park, and with the high school reunion, she can only hope the weekend goes by quickly. However, that all changes when she comes face to face with Grayson Cleary.

Carrie Ann Ryan’s Dropout is definitely a fun and sexy romance that I found enjoyable. I really like Grayson and Kate’s characters and how through their talks we got to know about them in high school and how they saw each other during that time as well. I also liked getting to know about them now, in the present. Kate is such a strong character. She is a relatable heroine who does not let her past decisions define who she is and she keeps on pursuing her dreams no matter the roadblocks in her way.

Another character I wanted to know more about is Leah and the mystery about where she kept running off to. So I liked Ms. Ryan's element of mystery and how she kept that character noticeable within the story, but not giving away too much as we’re going to find out more about her in the next book in the series which will be written by a different author.

Overall, Dropout by Carrie Ann Ryan is a great romance novel filled with fun, emotion, and heart. I happily recommend.

(I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book I received in exchange for my open and honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.)
Profile Image for Avid Reader.
1,696 reviews
June 26, 2017
Dropout (Bad Boy Homecoming #1) by Carrie Ann Ryan
3 stars
M/F Romance
Triggers: Emotional abuse
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

I have read these stories out of order, but never really had an issue with it. This is a sweet story about high school crushes and trying to make a life from perception rather than reality.

Grayson and Kate make an odd couple. She was one of the smartest girls in high school and Grayson was considered the drop out/trouble maker. However, after a decade, their lives have changed drastically.

Kate is trying to figure out where to go from her current predicament. She's a recent divorcee, from her high school sweetheart, who likes to be mean and rub her face in the fact that he's moved on. However, she has her own victory in that she was granted custody of their two children. She has dreams that were put on hold for her ex and now she wants to live her life.

Grayson is working at a garage and doing well for himself. He had always had a crush on Kate, but given that he was considered the wrong side of the tracks kid throughout high school, never acted on his crush.

When they become reacquainted at their high school reunion, sparks fly and an understanding is found between the two. Grayson realizes that despite having a preconceived notion of how Kate's life was, he was wrong and the same went for Kate believing that Grayson was just a bad kid.

This is a sweet story about finding your own path.
Profile Image for LeeAnne.
492 reviews8 followers
June 27, 2017
This was one of my top favorites from the series – Grayson was definitely my favorite guy <3

Kate was the valedictorian of her school class the everyone thought she’d do great things with her life. Then she married, got pregnant, dropped out of college, got pregnant again and then divorced… followed by a move back to her hometown to be closer to her parents. Grayson Clearly was considered the “bad boy” of their high school and everyone assumed when he disappeared senior year he’d dropped out an become a deadbeat. Really he moved away and has made something of himself as a mechanic. When his best friend talks him into coming home for his 10 year high school reunion he gets the surprise of a lifetime when he runs into his crush, Kate. The two click immediately and things heat up quickly.

I really love how relatable this story is. Both Kate and Grayson are such down to earth characters and probably my favorite couple in a book in a long time! The only thing that disappointed me was the build up about Grayson and his best friend Leah then she winds up being like one sentence in the book. I feel like she should have had a much stronger role in the book. Other than that though this is a great read and I look forward to checking out more from this series!

I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.
Profile Image for Ryan - Sweet Red Reader .
1,343 reviews79 followers
June 28, 2017
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of the book.

Carrie Ann Ryan has a way of writing characters that I just love! They have real life issues that you can relate to and sympathize with without it being pathetic or overkill and the chemistry between the main characters is always sweetly intense. Dropout is no exception. Grayson and Kate are so perfect for each other and their connection is so wonderfully highlighted when compared to the douchiness that is her ex husband. While there were bits that were a bit repetitive, I loved every minute of the book - there were aspects of both Kate's and Grayson's high school years that I could relate to and we all understand the tension and stress that an event like a high school reunion can bring. I give Dropout 3.75 out of 5 wine glasses. The book also did a good job of introducing the audience to characters that will be the focus in the other books in the series so it really is a great opener for the Bad Boys Homecoming series.
Profile Image for Ruthie Taylor.
3,500 reviews37 followers
June 28, 2017
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is one of a series of books with the same theme, but by different authors.

I read this book after three of the others in the series - feeling like a bit of a rebel not reading them in order ;-) - and whilst names arose, and I knew a few side items, it really didn't matter at all. It was a rather lovely story about two people who at school appeared polar opposites, yet life had dealt them blows which rendered them most definitely even. The spark that they had felt was impossible then, is given a chance to flourish, and they both get to move forward, this time, together. I think that Grayson is possibly the sexiest of the Bad Boys, although the others do come close!

Fun read, and I really like the idea of this series. Hopefully there will be more from this group of authors again.

Wicked Reads Review Team
Profile Image for Mandy Sawyer.
3,732 reviews23 followers
April 10, 2022
This is a story that happens all the time. The wife/mother supports their spouse to gain their education then leaves them. But with a big buff Alpha to look after her it’s all good. A great performance from Gregory.
Profile Image for Steph.
993 reviews85 followers
July 1, 2017
5 super yummy bad boy stars for DROPOUT!

Grayson Cleary does NOT want to head back to Catfish Creek for his 10 year high school reunion, especially since everyone thinks he dropped out and never graduated. But to do a friend a favor, Grayson leaves Denver and heads to TX toward the people he can't stand in the town he left behind. Kate St. Dalton can't believe that Grayson still stirs up the warm fuzzies, but after a disaster of a marriage, she's not interested in men anytime soon. Except that she loves his blunt ways, his good looks…and the promise of seeing his ink. Kate has been looking for a way out of Catfish Creek for a long time, could a relationship with Grayson be just what she needs to make a major life move with her kids?

DROPOUT is the second book in the Bad Boys Homecoming series from a variety of authors. I didn't know that they were written by multiple people, and this was the second book in a row I've read featuring Catfish Creek. I spent far too long contemplating the fact that these two distinguished writers seemed to be totally copying one another before realizing this, and gave myself a literal head smack for not just looking on Goodreads at the series info to start. Anyway!

I really liked this book! Who can't relate to those awkward teenage years or the growth that happens afterward? Who doesn't consider what might have been when thinking of an epic crush during their formative years? Oh, just me? Gotcha.

DROPOUT was funny and sweet and sexy as hell. The chemistry between Grayson and Kate was fabulous, you could tell that their connection ran deep almost immediately upon reconnecting. I can't wait for more reads in the Bad Boys Homecoming series!

Bottom Line: No OM/OW or sharing; condom use; no BDSM/kink; no sexual assault; no violence/murder.

The Romance Review
Profile Image for MaggieReadsRom.
957 reviews114 followers
April 19, 2018
3,75 stars

A quick, very enjoyable read that was very loosely tied to the Montgomery Ink series (Grayson is friends with Brody from ADORING INK). With the second chance trope and the highschool reunion trope it kept me reading until late in the night and I had to finish it as soon as I woke up.
It’s a novella so not really much room for in-depth characterization or plots but CAR did a great job of laying out the back stories of both Kate and Grayson. And as I’ve come to expect there was also that one character (well, maybe 2 or 3 in this one) that you want to hit in the face with a chair...hard! But also the supporting friends characters were there. I loved them all and I can’t wait to read their stories in the rest of this multi-authored series.
Profile Image for Elizabeth Neal.
1,642 reviews125 followers
**4.5 Stars**

Grayson, now a mechanic in Denver with plans to open his own auto shop, isn't actually a high school dropout, as his classmates believe. He finished his courses online, having responsibilities others his age didn't. In the ten years since he left it all behind, he's done well for himself and is proud of it. But even so, he doesn't want to attend the reunion, though he's shocked his best friend since forever, Leah, does. However, as besties do, and that's all they've ever been, when Leah calls asking him to join her, he goes, simply because she wants him there. He can't help but wonder if Kate, his high school crush, will be there. Yes, they had talked during their school years, and she was always nice, never treating him as an outcast or loser like others had, ones unaware of his tragic situation, but he assumed it wasn't personal, just more her nature. When he arrives, and sees Kate, he can't believe she still has the same impact on him.

Kate, the valedictorian of their class, didn't see her life going this way. She went to college on a full scholarship, yet had to dropout after one semester when she and her now ex-husband, Jason, became pregnant with their first. Promises of being able to return were never realized as she was expecting their second within two years, and now, after her divorce,  she's back home, and working as a secretary for a fellow classmate, a fact he seemingly enjoys rubbing in. When the town's "bad boy," Grayson, appears for a walk-in appointment due to a chipped tooth, Kate can mentally admit that she still finds him gorgeous. She can only hope he doesn't give her the same pitying looks as others upon seeing her current situation.

When Grayson and Kate later cross paths at the same place, thanks to both being dragged out by their respective best friends, neither can resist the magnetic like pull between them. However, it isn't long before reality intrudes and Kate's ex, along with his new fiancee, Karly, another classmate, interrupt and Jason once again threatens Kate's custody of the kids, albeit somewhat subtly, his favorite way to keep her under his thumb. All of which causes Kate to retreat emotionally, hating the woman she allowed herself to become during her relationship with Jason. She, regrettably, ends her night out, as well as the wonderful time she had been having with Grayson, and goes home.

But things are looking up for Kate upon receiving three letters from top universities--in Denver, Nebraska, and Wyoming--citing they would like her to attend their school, and the money to do so. Kate had applied on a whim, never believing any of them, let alone all three, would want her. She's going to get her degree, yes, it's a decade later than planned, but she will do it.

As Grayson and Kate continually run into each other, it isn't long before they're enjoying coffee together, then a dinner date, followed by an explosively intense night that both already know is more than just sex. But Grayson is leaving at the end of the week, and Kate has plans to move forward with her life, and though Denver is her first choice in schools, she also wants to ensure she isn't only choosing it because it's where Grayson lives. She refuses to live her life based upon a man, again, and there's the fact she and Grayson have always labeled this as temporary. Even if the feelings they invoke in one another doesn't feel that way.

"Sometimes, a chance at happiness hits when you least expect it." - Rae, Kate's best friend

Will Grayson and Kate take a chance to explore what they could have together? Or will Kate's ex, and others, try to interfere, believing they have a say in what Kate does? Will Kate finally stand up to those same people? What will Kate decide for her future? Can she have both the professional life she's dreamed of, and the boy, now man, that has always intrigued her? Will Grayson's secret crush for Kate finally come to fruition? Will Grayson and Kate admit their love, taking the steps to make it permanent? Is there a HEA for them?

Also, on a purely personal note, I love that Grayson doesn't come off as a manwhore at all, but instead as a man who's always had responsibilities and priorities far more important to him than sex. Yes, he's a man, therefore he likes women, but it's not overdone nor obnoxious, heck, it's never even really mentioned except for one time I can recall when a friend/co-worker points out that Grayson has a type and thinking back, no specifics just in general, he concedes he just may. However, there is never any doubt that regardless of that factor and whether or not Kate fits it, she has always been Kate to him and that's all that matters in his mind and heart. As for Kate, she's only been with Jason and Grayson (Yeah, I just realized their names rhyme. LOL) There is no OW drama, Grayson is all about Kate, and the only OM drama is Kate's ex butting in where he isn't wanted, and not in a romantic sense, but as in he's a jerk and can't resist proving it.

One-click now and follow along as two people reconnect at the right time and discover a love that grows stronger every day. I really liked this book and Grayson and Kate's connection, watching it grow, was a beautiful thing. Grayson was who he was which was a good man who, as a high school senior, did what he needed to for his family, regardless of what others thought of him. The books in this series are, in order, Dropout, Trouble (Leah) by Avery Flynn, Prom Queen by Katee Robert, Honor (Tessa, Kate's other best friend) by Kennedy Layne, and Rock Star (Rae) by Stacey Kennedy.

**I voluntarily read and reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book.**
Profile Image for Renee.
3,354 reviews35 followers
July 9, 2017
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Dropout is the first book in Carrie Ann Ryan's Bad Boy Homecoming Series.

Grayson Cleary did not walk with his graduating class. Instead he left town and never looked back. Most people in that town called him a dropout but he wasn't and he works hard to make something of his life and leave the past exactly where it belongs. When his high school ten year reunion comes up he has no intention of going until his best friend begged him to go. How do you tell your best friend no? Now Grayson is about to find himself face to face witht he past he would rather forget and the one woman who he has always craved.

Kate St. Dalton had it all when she left her hometown. She was the Valedictorian of her class with a full scholarship and engaged to the boy of her dreams. Things are not always as great as them seem of if they are life always has this way of derailing everything. Now Kate must find a way to live the new life fate has handed to her. A hot boy from high school is the last thing Kate needs. Yet here she is face to face with him at their high school reunion. He is certainly not that boy anymore but more the man of her dreams. Now they are both taking reunion week the heat up the sheets they will have to remember it is only for a few nights and not a lifetime. A decision is going to have to be made about weather this is just a fling or something so much more than a mere reunion.

I really loved this story. Kate has a life that took a left turn and finds her divorced, thank goodness, from the boy she just knew she was suppose to be with. Turns out he wasn't so nice and the best thing he ever gave her was their child. As for Grayson he has worked his butt off to build a life for him and not be the dropout this small hometown considered him to be. He is all grown now. All alpha and goodness that any woman would find hard to resist. I loved these two together. They have some amazing sexual chemistry. It just melts off the page and if your not careful they may just melt your kindle too. Grayson always had a thing for Kate back in high school but he was who he was and she was the smartest girl in school. There was an attraction back then but she was with the "perfect" guy and they never acted on that attraction. Just goes to show you that maybe what you think is bad for you turns out to be the best thing that every happens to you especially if that attraction is just as strong now as it was ten years ago. I am so in love with Grayson and as soon as you read this book you will be too.
Profile Image for Kristi Metcalf.
281 reviews4 followers
June 13, 2017
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader’s Copy of this book

This series of Bad Boy Homecoming books are a set of 5 books all wrote by different authors. Though they are al set at the same time and place they do not have to be read together.

Everybody has something about their high school years that they either wish that they had done or regret that they did do. Whether it's asking a person out, realizing that as a kid you weren't the nicest person, or that you didn't really see the world around you. Whatever it was, just remember that could be the thing that set you one the path of who you are today and would you change that person?
Grayson Clearly was the bad boy, the high school drop out. He really didn't want to leave the home he made for himself in
Denver to go back to the small town Texas for his high school reunion, his best friend makes him.
Kate St. Dalton was the class Valedictorian, had a full scholarship, and was engaged to her high school sweetheart.
A lot can change in 10 years and you can kind out all kinds of things about people that you thought you knew.
Grayson is a hunky, bearded, tattooed man. Please wait while I wipe the drool!! Lol!! He is a very strong man and I'm not just talking muscles here, but he has those too!!! In high school he had a crush on Kate and seeing her again after all this time just reminds him of that.
Kate is definitely not the girl she was in school. She's had to move back to her home town and live with a lot of the town, her parents included, looking at her with disappointment that she didn't live up to her potential.
So, the feelings come fast between these two, I mean they haven't seen each other in 10 years and never really knew each other beyond what you see in school, and yet it works. They learn things about each other they never knew, things that shaped them into the person they are today.
In learning those things they realize that if Grayson had acted on that crush in high school, they might not be these adults and might not stand a chance, so the time wasn't right. Now though, now the time is perfect and though it's fast it is exactly what the two need.
Ryan has wrote another great couple. Grayson and Kate are two kids that grew to be the adults that other needed to be complete.
This is one reunion that I am not missing if all the stories are this good!!!
945 reviews9 followers
July 5, 2017
This review is for all 5 books in the series. I rated according to my feelings for each book.

Dropout 4 stars
Is it wrong of me to have wanted an epilogue showing some sort of bad karma for Karley, Jason, and Anton? I'm was hoping it would come out that maybe Jason cheated on the bar exam and got disbarred and disgraced which caused Karley to bail. Or something that knocked him down a few pegs. Plus Anton maybe getting caught with his dental hygienist or something. Maybe that will come out at the 20 year reunion. Okay despite the fact that didn't happen I enjoyed this quick read with Grayson and Kate. I'm also looking forward to reading the rest of the homecoming series. I'm glad Kate got her life back. I see all to often one spouse supporting the other through school to only get left behind later.

Trouble 3stars
Leah had a high school crush on Drew. Drew was the older brother of her ex-best friend Jessica. Leah and Jessica became high school enemies. Drew and Leah hooked up one summer after graduate school but he left for a job. She's worried of a repeat.

Prom Queen 2.75 stars
I didn't care for Jessica that much. I'm still not sure why she was upset with Leah. She was the cruel one that rejected Leah first in school. At the reunion she makes the comment Leah's not good enough for Drew. Still not happy nothing happened to Karly and Jason.

Honor 3 stars
Tessa is a nurse while Derek is a marine. Derek's meddling mom tries to set him up with Tessa for their reunion. Tessa is dealing with a stalker and Derek tries to help her.

Rock Star 3stars
Travis and Rae were high school sweethearts. She let Travis leave to pursue his music career. She had her own goals of becoming a veterinarian. Years later realizes he's missing something and heads back for the reunion. He and Rae have a weekend together before he heads back to New York. Once he's there Rae realizes she played the strong person last time and she wants to lean on him this time and heads to New York.

Overall for series
The first book was my favorite but I've read several of Carrie Ann Ryan's books. The other authors were new to me. Perhaps that's why I didn't care for them as much. I'm so disappointed that Karly and Jason didn't get what they both deserved. I wanted an epilogue just about those two.
This entire review has been hidden because of spoilers.
Profile Image for MammieBabbie.
301 reviews11 followers
June 29, 2017
An insanely hot, hearty and humorous rom-com...

Lets start by saying that I just love the concept for this series. It's just so clever to have all the books happen at the same place and in the same time frame. All the books are standalones written by different authors. I made the decision to solely review Dropout... I'm really regretting that decision because it was such a wonderful book that I feel like I'm missing out on more.

Plot wise it was banging, true to her from Carrie Ann Ryan did a blinding job with the story development. The main characters, Grayson and Kate, were relatable and beautifully developed— especially considering how short this story is. I'm not complaining. I loved that it was short, sweet and straight to the point. There was no dilly dallying around. I find that I normally warm to one of the protagonists more than the other, however, I was equally taken by both Grayson and Kate. Grayson is every bit the underdog of his year... don't get me wrong though, he is alpha through and through. Kate is his polar opposite in background, however, they balance each other out seamlessly.

What I particularly loved about this story, was that it wasn't dependant on the sex in order to make it insanely hot. Kate is one hot mama, and as for Grayson... fan me now! Their chemistry is evident from the moment their paths cross. Although there are old feelings involved, I can't quite call this a second chance romance nor a childhood sweethearts romance. I guess it really comes down to my perception of second chance... because this is really Kate and Grayson getting together for the first time... Basically, I'm being anal about it. I should probably just go with it— it works.

Dropout was a great and easy read. I found myself falling in love with the characters time and again. I actually loved it so much that I found my finger one-clicking its way through the entire series... This was a real rom-com with heart, heat and humour.
243 reviews3 followers
July 24, 2017
Wow!!! Loved this book, it was great! A great start to a new series, currently there are 5 books, all by different authors, and I have all five. Can't wait to get in to the others.

In this one Grayson is coerced by his best friend to come their class reunion. He doesn't want to, but for her he will do it, because he has a feeling she needs him. He as pegged as a bad boy, though the only thing he did to get that was be poor and hit the class golden boy when he was bullying his younger sister. Most said he was a drop out because he never walked across the stage for his diploma. He did get it in the mail, and he has spent the last ten years trying to make something of his life. Once back the first person he sees is the girl he had a major crush on, and he reacted to her as strong as he had as a teenager. Kate married the school golden boy right out of high school, after all they had dated for all 4 years. Her parents weren't too happy about it, she was too young. Then when she go pregnant and he convinced her drop out of college, they said again she was too young. Now she is home, divorced and a college drop out. Her parents can only morn the lost potential in their girl. The pull between Kate and Greyson is instant and as powerful as two magnates next to each other. She thinks it going to fast, but there doesn't seem to be a way to make it slow down, they just can't keep their hands off each other when their near each other.

What will happen at this reunion? Small towns don't forget anything, and don't let you forget either. Can these two find a way to make their attraction last longer than the weekend? Can Kate find a way to move forward with her life with her children? Will there be a place for Greyson in that future? Five stars for this emotional roller coaster. It is a short fast read but you will love every second of the read. It pulls you in from the first and doesn't let go.

Profile Image for Krista.
1,074 reviews74 followers
June 28, 2017
I love the Bad Boy Homecoming premise - five authors take 10 different people from the same high school and write their story as they all come back to their 10 year reunion and pair up. Each book features a "bad boy" of sorts - of course they all have good hearts that end up beating for one special girl by the end.

Dropout, by Carrie Ann Ryan, is labeled as the first book in this series. It centers around the kid that everyone thought of as poor white trash in their Texas high school. Before he could graduate, he abruptly left town with his family, and settled in Denver. He had no intentions of ever going back, but Gray's best friend drags him along with her. Once there, he realizes not a lot has changed in ten years - the stuck-up jerks are still stuck-up jerks, people still think he's nothing, and Kate St. Dalton is still beautiful and nice to him.

Kate was the one everyone thought would amount to something. But, poor life choices have landed her back in her tiny town with two kids, a horrible ex-husband and no college degree. She's just biding her time until she can get out with her babies, when Gray Cleary re-enters her life.

At its heart, Dropout is a great second chance love story. Although these two never were a couple before - in fact, I wouldn't even say they were friends, per se - they each admired the other from afar. And, their high school reunion has given them a second chance to act on those feelings that seem to have only grown.

I like that the physical attraction is there, but that it's the mutual respect for where each of them has been the past ten years and how it has made them who they are now that turns out to be the biggest turn on for Gray and Kate. I also loved that neither of the are done trying to better themselves. They both have big plans for the future, and for both of them, their plans will take them away from their tiny Texas town once again.

Dropout, as the official first book in this series, introduces most of the other characters in the other four books in the series. I saw places where I know Gray and Kate's story will intersect with the others in different ways. This must've taken some crazy coordination on the part of the five authors involved, so major props to them for pulling it off in a big way. I can't wait to read the rest of the books in the series now!
Profile Image for ZETTER.
1,126 reviews18 followers
June 26, 2017
Looks Can Be Deceiving!!!

Grayson Clearly who was introduced to us in ADORING INK as Brody's friend and co-worker. He left the town of Catfish Creek, Texas before graduation day and never looked back. Everyone assumed he was a dropout but little did they know that he worked hard and made something of his life.

It was his ten years reunion and he didn't want to go until his best-friend, Leah Camacho asked him to go. He went because he knew his friend needed him even if she didn't come out and say it. Grayson found himself facing a past he wanted to forget and the woman he'd always craved, Kate St. Dalton.

Kate St. Dalton, formerly Williamson was a valedictorian in high school, she had everything when she left Catfish Creek. She had a full scholarship and she was engaged to the man of her dreams. But things didn't turned out as planned, she had to learn to live with the hand fate handed her.

Divorced with two children. Now she was heading to her high school reunion and she didn't know what was in store for her there. Well soon found out when Grayson walked back into her life. Kate had a chance of making things better for herself and her children. And she wasn't about to ruining it.

As Grayson and Kate reconnected, they both realized that everything happened for a reason. Even though it scared them a little, at how fast things were moving between them. This was their chance at having a HEA.

DROPOUT is the first book in the BAD BOYS HOMECOMING series. It was amazeballs, emotional and steamy. Carrie Ann Ryan once again brought us characters that were flawed and passionate. Two thumbs up!

****ARC given in exchange for an honest review.****

****Teasers courtesy of Carrie Ann Ryan.****
Profile Image for Yvonne Daniels.
2,121 reviews14 followers
Dropout Bad Boy Homecoming Book 1
by Carrie Ann Ryan
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
WOW! What a Fabulous second chance love story. DropOut is a book that I really enjoy reading, but I enjoy any type genre that Carrie Ann writes.DropOut is the kind of romance that seem so real. Can you remember your ten year reunion or imagine this is where you fine the love of your life. I am a fan for life of Carrie Ann Ryan, she has awesome talent for creating believable, likable, infuriating and enthralling characters. She can weave a plot that pulls you the reader into the story and her characters will make you laugh, cry and scream right along with them! But Carrie Ann stories doesn't give you a simple happy ever after, where hero meets heroine and they ride off into the sunset. Oh no the couple's road to love forever isn't easy and like real life they must work for love! Grayson Cleary left the small town he lived in before he graduated, so the people assumed that he dropped out. Kate St. Dalton is the class Valedictorian and destine to succeed. But some time fate has another road for us to travel. What adorable story and once I started reading this book I didn't stop it has a perfect blend of drama, jealousy and romantic scenes. Each character is witty, intelligent, captivating and I absolutely enjoyed them. I've enjoyed this story and you will definitely want to buy this book. I know you won't be disappointed! I would love to give Carrie Ann Ryan books 100 stars but ALAS instead I must give them 5 stars! This story is scorching hot, intense and its absolutely AWESOME! THIS IS A MUST READ I certainly recommend this book to readers that like to read a Phenomenal romance with a HEA. I voluntarily reviewed this book, because I love sharing my thoughts with my fellow readers.
Profile Image for Char Sowers.
677 reviews17 followers
June 28, 2017
Carrie Ann Ryan's Bad Boy Homecoming series entry focuses on the second chance romance between the Valedictorian and the "Dropout". Sex and spice takes a backseat to emotional connection and empowerment. Greyson's going, against his will and better judgment, to his ten year high school reunion. He struggled in school working two jobs to support his mother and sisters. Because of a family incident he didn't walk in the ceremony but he did get his diploma. Greyson fled the judgmental small town, post-graduation, and moved to Denver. Kate's back in town after her failed marriage to her high school sweetheart. Her future looked bright ten years ago and now she's living in Hell. Kate's rivals are relishing the fact that she didn't succeed as expected. Even her parents aren't providing the anticipated support to her and her two children. A great storyline that just needs more substance.
"Dropout" is truly lovely in the instant connection that the hero and heroine have. They acknowledge that it existed during high school but wasn't allowed to see the light of day. I also loved the unexpected connection to Carrie Ann Ryan's Montgomery Ink series! This novel is engaging and the story is fabulous. Unfortunately if feels fast and loose. I wish more attention was spent on the couple's intimate details. It would have pushed the book into really great territory. That being said, this book is definitely worthy of reading; with a truly likable hero and heroine. Their romance is poignant and satisfying.
To read the entire review please visit: http://wp.me/p4XqxF-1ZJ
This novel was provided, voluntarily read, and honestly reviewed.
Profile Image for Andi.
538 reviews15 followers
June 27, 2017
What an interesting concept for a series, especially one by different authors. Having the stories revolve around a 10-year class reunion is interesting and provides all kinds of different characters and storylines.

In Dropout, by Carrie Ann Ryan, we meet Grayson Cleary. He's not interested in his high school reunion. Labeled a dropout because he didn't walk with his class, Gray didn't really have many friends or the time for high school activities, trying to help keep a roof over his family's head. I find his work ethic and his straight forward approach refreshing. He goes to the reunion because his best friend begged him to. He's built a life for himself in Denver, so the faster he gets this over with, the faster he can get back to it.

Somewhere along the way, Kate St. Dalton got lost. It might have happened then she changed her name to St. Dalton. From Valedictorian to divorced, single mother in 10 years is quite a feat. At least she understands her kids are the miracle in her life, even if she thinks she's a disappointment to everyone else. She started with the potential to have the world on a platter, and learned that sometimes you have to take a different route to end up where you need to be.

Carrie Ann Ryan is a master at creating characters that are beautifully flawed. You can't help but feel for both Grayson and Kate on their journey. AND man, are they hot. Get a glass of water and fan, because Ryan doesn't hold back. Now I want to see who else made to their 10-year class reunion!
Profile Image for Sandy Kelly.
1,083 reviews9 followers
June 27, 2017
I am always looking forward to a book from Ms. Ryan and this one definitely didn't disappoint! This book is about people coming back to town for a high school reunion, and tie's loosely together with a few other author's books for the same reunion. I always love books that have some sort of tie in to series books that I love. This book does that by bringing us a character from her Montgomery Ink series. Grayson Cleary was the town "bad boy", the dropout, the one who was no good. Kate St. Dalton was the class valedictorian, the one most likely to succeed. They are both in town but not necessarily for the same reasons. She moved home to be closer to her family and he only came to the reunion because his best friend told him to come. He had a crush on her in high school, but she didn't know that. After running into each other again, he asks her out to dinner. And then it's time for them to figure out just what they are going to mean to each other and how far they are willing to take things. I loved this book! Grayson is NOT the typical bad boy that the town always thought him. He is this sweet, HOT man who is there for the people he cares about no matter what! He will stand beside you and hold you up or just support you so you can make the decision that you think is right. Kate comes across as this woman who has been cowed by the things that have happened in her life. Until she has finally had enough, and boy when she does it is GREAT!! I laughed so hard at that point! I love their relationship not only together but hers with her kids. Great read! Highly recommend!
1,364 reviews3 followers
June 27, 2017
Dropout is a story everyone who went to high school can relate to and especially if you’ve been to your ten-year reunion. Carrie Ann Ryan takes us back to both times in our lives with the smart kids, the cheerleaders, the jocks and even the dropouts.

Life can change in ten years and so much happens between your teen years to your young adulthood. In Kate St. Dalton’s case, she we the valedictorian of her class and the person most likely to succeed. She should have been the one girl who reached her dreams because she was so smart. She didn’t think marriage to her high school sweetheart would end in divorce and with two kids. Now, with motherhood being her priority, there’s no room for dreams.

Grayson Cleary will do anything for his lifelong best friend. She’s been there whenever he’s needed her so if she wants him to go to their ten-year reunion back in Texas then he has no choice. Regardless of the assumptions as to why he didn’t graduate with his class or why he disappeared so soon after graduation, he will endure the situation. He doesn’t expect to see the girl he had a secret crush on back then on the first day he’s back much less that she recognizes him and knows his name.

These two will burn up your kindle with the chemistry that they share. They are ready to act on it but can they keep it to a one night fantasy and go on with the lives they had before their reunion or will feeling get in the way?

I can’t wait to read the rest of the Bad Boy Homecoming books and I am even more thrilled that they are available on the same day.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 156 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.