Start by marking “Parallax (Starblind, #2)” as Want to Read:
Parallax (Starblind, #2)

Parallax

(Starblind #2)

Tamzea, a Mazatimz healer, found a home as part of the crew on the starship The Pittsburgh. But when a part of her past crashes into her present, she’s forced to face the uncertainty of her future.

Dragged back to a place Tamzea had hoped to leave in her worst nightmares, she discovers Eron, a man she thought dead. Determined to save each other, Tamzea and Eron must find a
Published April 20th 2017 by Tik Tok Press

To ask other readers questions about Parallax, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Parallax

Katherine Paschal
Follow the blog tour https://smadasbooksmack.blogspot.com/

Parallax picks up after the events of Starblind, with the crew on their way back to normal after escaping the clutches of the sinister alien race out to torture and maim other species. Tamzea is content with her life as the healer on Philadelphia, but seeing Jane and Ash together makes her long for the past that was ripped from her. When an escape pod gets pulled to their ship, Tamzea finds young twins who say that they are the daughters
Lelia Taylor
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The second in the Starblind series is, strictly speaking, not a sequel because it focuses on a different protagonist. Jane, the captain of the Pittsburgh, is here but largely on a peripheral basis and our heroine this time is one of the crew, Tamzea. I have to say I think I like Tamzea more than Jane, or maybe it's just that she seems a little more appealing, someone I might want to spend time with (and I confess to thinking lavender hair and eyes is pretty cool). Also, Tamzea is a healer rather ...more
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
The first read was not really needed to follow the second follow-up. Jane and crew makes appearances, but it was not the soul of the story. This time around we find that it a pair of Mazatimz that capture our attention. Tamzea was a healer by nature. She had heartbreak in her past. She had nightmares. And she missed Eron so much. She felt his loss to her soul. I found this one to be a different view on a world(s) of various beings. At the same time I found it to be similar to the fact there will ...more
odedo1
Started really slow only about half way through it got more interesting and after all the weird short cutoffs every so often on the first audiobook of this series it's been fixed on this second book.
About the story it feels like this one was more like the calm before the storm which will come on the next book with the new twists that where introduced at the end of this one.

Got this audiobook for free for reviewing.
Susan
Note: While this is Book 2 in the series, this works fine as a stand alone novel.

It was fun getting to know Tamzea in this novel. In Book 1, Starblind, she was a rather minor character. Here, she is center stage. Even as memories from her past haunt her dreams, her future lies rooted in that past. The Pittsburgh has bumped into an unexpected spacepod with an even more unexpected cargo. This cargo drags Tamzea back into a hell hole she once escaped.

Eron, Tamzea’s other half, has been trapped in t
Lilly Charysma
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
“Starblind” continues with book 2 in a different manner than expected. I know that things settled down a little after book 1, but I was not expecting to have the story of another crew member. “Parallax” has Tamzea in the center of attention. Her story begins once she is reunited with her long lost love. A lot of unexpected things happen. This book has more twists than the first one, which made me like it more.

Since we are already familiar with the world building, the author is now more focused o
Shayay
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book 2 in the Starblind series. It's not necessary to read the first book, but I think it's better too. Same characters from the first book, but different POV. There are sexual situations. I listened to the audiobook, and the narrator did a good job. It's the same narrator as the first book, I do think the narrator was suited better for Jane's POV from the first book, but I enjoyed the overall listening experience.

This book is with the same starship crew, but this book is in Tamzea's POV. I love
Haddie
Well, that was a load of feels and laughs and pants and . . . Pants? Ignore that.
LOL I really enjoyed this, probably a little more than the first book. Tamzea has been under leadership of Captain Jane for a long time. Eron was . . . I don't want to compare him to Ash, because the two couldn't be more different, but I am partial to Ash (first book). I like that I was able to pick right back up where I left off, without feeling like I needed to refresh my memory and skim the what I was listening t
Ruth B
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Pittsburgh has the coolest captain, who we meet in book one but now its the turn of one of her crew members. Tamzea was born to heal, its in her species nature and is who she is. When her past comes and drags her back in, she has to face the man she once loved.

Tamzea and Erons relationship is full of emotions, there is tension all over the place because he is not the same and his soul is really tormented. Tamzea will have to ask herself if loving someone is enough to help them heal. I love t
Claire
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Firstly, this is a series that needs to be listened to/read in order, so if you haven't read book one go get that one first.

I really enjoyed this story. It's been a while since I listened to book one so I didn't remember what this series is about but it only took about 2 minutes for me to remember, this is a distinctive world (and an interesting one). The story is both complex with lots going on and also simple because it mostly ties around a few main ideas.

If you liked book one I'm confident th
Paranormal Tendencies
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Book two in the Starblind series brings more adventure, more danger, and more vile Denards. This time the story focuses on the ship’s doctor Tamzea. She is from a planet of empathic healers with a distinct violet coloring called Metzas. Tamzea has been on the Pittsburg with Captain Jane and her crew hiding from her past, but the past has a way of finding her. Now two strange Metza children show up and claim to know someone from her past. But finding him may prove more dangerous for her and the c ...more
Shona Booky Ramblings of a Neurotic Mom
I will never get tired of saying Dyllin is one of my favourite authors, her books are an auto-read for me. No blurb needed. And I'm never disappointed. I devoured this book in a day, i just couldnt put it down.

One of my favourite things about her books is she writes kick-ass women. They may not always start that way, but by the end of the book they have toughened up and can hold their own when they need to. And Tamzea is one of those women.

In the beginning of the book she is very much the damse
Kitty_ranma
I luckily had the second part so I didn't have to wait to listen/read. I can't wait for the next part. I want to say more about this story but I absolutely hate spoilers, so I won't do it to you by going into details.
The narrator brings the story to life.
Reasons I enjoyed this audio book:
Happily Ever After, Wonderful characters, Page-turner, Great world building, Unpredictable, Original, Easy-to-read/listen, Entertaining, Action-packed, Twisted, Steamy, Funny, Whimsical.
Bookshelves/tags:
adult,
Joy
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Even better then the first. Loved Eron and felt so bad for him. He endured so much for Tamzea. Loved the story.
❤ AudiobookRomance ❤

I got the feels, but I still want more!

Parallax is #02 of 04 in the Starblind Series by D.T. Dyllin. All 4 are currently published with 2 of them being on Audible. #3 is in audio production now, with #4 to soon follow. The author has confirmed that #4 is the final book in the series.

Ashley Holt narrates the series thus far.

HEA with no cliffhanger!

This series is only 4 books long and is heavily connected by characters and overall story arc so I recommend reading the books in order. It is not onl
Ren
Betty
Michelle
Carol McFarlane
May 03, 2017
D.T. Dyllin is a bestselling author who writes paranormal, sci-fi, and contemporary romance. Basically, anything with a love story is her kryptonite. Her obsession with affairs-of-the-heart is what first drove her to begin twisting her own tales of scorching romance.

D.T. was born and raised in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. (Black & Gold for life, baby!) She now lives in Raleigh, North Carolina wi

Starblind (4 books)
  • Starblind (Starblind, #1)
  • Flux (Starblind, #3)
  • Luminosity (Starblind #4)