Start by marking “Into the Dark (The Bodyguards, #6)” as Want to Read:
Into the Dark (The Bodyguards, #6)

Into the Dark

(The Bodyguards #6)

Amy Walker endured unspeakable horrors while being held as a hostage before she was rescued by Dallas Garrett and his brothers from E.D.E.N., Inc. Amy is determined to leave the past behind…but only after she gets some answers to the questions that haunt her: Why was she abducted by the terrorists? Why is her mother locked up in a mental institution?

Dallas wants Amy to kno
Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Published May 29th 2007 by St. Martin's

Mr. Perfect by Linda HowardAfter the Night by Linda HowardHard Evidence by Pamela ClareUnlawful Contact by Pamela ClareNaked in Death by J.D. Robb
Best Romantic Suspense
1,877 books — 2,568 voters
Something About You by Julie JamesA Lot like Love by Julie JamesWild Card by Lora LeighThe Darkest Hour by Maya BanksUnlawful Contact by Pamela Clare
I Love A Man In Uniform
1,498 books — 1,482 voters

More lists with this book...

Blacky *Romance Addict*
*re-read with Glam, 20.07.2013.*

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Best book so far! I am so happy Photobucket

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

And I did the unthinkable Photobucket I read out of order! Actually skipped two books to get to this one :O
Bad, bad Blacky!! Photobucket
But it was worth it!!
OMG what a fabulous book Photobucket

The story

Six months ago, Amy was rescued by the hero bunch together with Darcy, Ethan's wife. A few days after that, she dissapeared, and no one's heard from her since.
Dallas is having flashbacks from the war, which were caused by the rescue, and he can't stop thinking of Am
Jonetta
It's been six months since Amy Walker was rescued by Dallas Garrett from a hellhole in the Phillipines and then inexplicably disappeared after a few days. Dallas can't get her off of his mind and is also plagued by his own demons from his last Special Forces' mission. When he decides to get away to get his head straight, Amy suddenly reappears on his doorstep...literally.

I was really looking forward to this story and was annoyed that we had to read two books in between before we could get to th
 ~V~
Jan 01, 2012 rated it really liked it

**4 1/2 stars**

This is the second book i've read by Cindy Gerard, but the last book in her Bodyguard series. Her Black Ops series is actually the series i wanted to read but i saw that there were some people who were confused with the first book, Show No Mercy, because it apparently "began" in book 6 of The Bodyguard series. Now, I don't typically ever like to come into a series smack in the middle, because i don't want to miss out on anything, but i'd recently read someone's review for To the B
Glamdring
*Buddy read with Blacky <3*

Since book 3 Dallas was my favorite character of the series.

I just LOVE the man!!! Lucky me I also loved Amy and the story! :D

Here we also have a “black ops” kind of plot and we got to meet with Gabe and Jenna, the heroes of Show No Mercy (Black Ops Inc. #1).

This book was difinitely my favorite of the series. Dallas... *le sigh*
Buggy
After giving 5 stars to every book in Cindy Gerard’s Black Ops series I finally went back to where it all began and caught up with her Bodyguards. This book is the last in that series (#6) and it’s where the two finally converge with the appearance of my favourite bad boy Gabriel Jones, Show No Mercy along with cameos from Johnny Reed (yum) and Sam Lang. And on that note as soon as the BOI’s show up they kinda take over the story, with our couple fading into the background while Gabe kicks ass a ...more
Anita
Jan 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romantic-supense
The last time Dallas saw Amy she was broken, battered and bruised. She disappeared from his life and he was desperate to find her. After 6 months she shows up on his doorstep wet, bedraggled and exhausted. Her secrets, nightmares, ghosts have chased her back to Dallas and he isn't going to let her go... ever.

In spite of a great beginning to this book, it was, well, not as good as the others. Maybe I'm just tired of the scared psyche trope, but it just didn't do it for me and I was so looking fo
jenjn79
Final book in the Bodyguard series (kinda sad about that) and I enjoyed it just as much as the others. I'm glad that I finally got a chance to read this series.

Series Note:
I'd definitely recommend read this series in order (with regards to this book)...it has a lot of tie-ins to a previous book.

Summary:
Dallas Garrett hasn't been the same since he helped rescue Amy Walker from a terrible situation in the jungles of the Philippines six months ago. Even though he finds it hard to believe, he fell f
ElaineY
It seemed like I waited forever to get Dallas & Amy's story and while Into The Dark did become an action-packed tale, I can't say the romance between Dallas and Amy moved me. There seemed to be much more between them when they were in the Philippines so that in the end, this romance was like a shipboard one - once they reach home ground, the magic fizzles out. This was how I felt about Amy and that's a shame because the book is fast-paced and would have made an excellent movie. Just not a ro ...more
Robin
Jun 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Amy Walker is a woman with a target on her back. After being held hostage by rebels in the Philippines and rescued by Dallas Garrett and his brothers, Amy retreats to New York to look after her mother and try to protect her from her grandfather. Amy's Grandfather, Edward Walker, is responsible for mind control experiments on her mother. He is also responsible for Amy's kidnapping. Another attempt on her life and Amy knows she has been found. On the run, she arrives on Dallas' doorstep asking for ...more
Gina
Nov 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, suspense
OH MY GOD I LOVED THIS BOOK!!! I had a long tough day today, but i couldn't put this book down, as I ran through my day any chance i got I was reading this book! So here I am it's late, I am so tired, but smiling from ear to ear.

This book had action, guns blazing, hot alpha men fighting the bad guys and a strong tough as nail woman right next to them determined to fight the good fight with them.

Dallas, strong, tortured, supportive, caring sexy as hell alpha male. Amy, a woman who had been abduc
SheLove2Read
Jul 23, 2009 rated it really liked it
This book is the last in the Bodyguard series and the lead in to the Black Ops series. Its a MUST that you read this book before reading the 1st in that series.

Amy Walker and Dallas Garrett are the stars of this book, and we met them in To The Brink. Amy has recovered from her ordeal in the jungle and is now in search of the truth of her heritage and how that led to her being kidnapped in Indonesia. After a harrowing near assassination, she heads to Florida and Dallas Garrett, the man she couldn
Dee
Wow Yet another excellent book from Ms Gerard.

I loved this one almost as much as I loved the 3rd installment (To the Brink)and it defiantely deserves the 5 star rating. I couldn't put the book down and had to get to the end as it gripped me from start to finish but as soon as I finished it I became sad as I will be sorry to see the end of the Garrett siblings, their partners and friends. I fell in love with most of the men (ok so I am fickle! ha ha) especially Ethan & Dallas.

Am looking forw
Joy
Apr 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
I always forget how much I enjoy suspense novels--this was great--a lot of action and great characters--I'm going back and re-read "Show No Mercy"--now that I have some background on Jenna and Gabe I think it will read smoother
Hbeebti
Nov 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Ok so I believe this one is now my favorite. lol
Christine Kirchoff
Nov 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another book found on my book shelf. I loved this story!
Shawna
5 stars – Romantic Suspense

This is the final book in Gerard’s awesome Bodyguards romantic suspense series that centers on the security operations and covert missions of the Garrett clan and their extended family, who make up the private firm E.D.E.N. Securities, Inc.

This is my preference order for the series:

1st – Book #3 To the Brink (Ethan & Darcy)
2nd – Book #6 Into the Dark (Dallas & Amy)
3rd – Book #5 Under the Wire (Manny & Lily)
4th – Book #2 To the Limit (Eve & Mac)
5th – B
Jul 02, 2010 rated it really liked it
The end of the "Bodyguard" series. Have to say, that the last 3 books in the series are A HELLUVA alot better then the first 3. After the 3rd book, I had pretty much written off the series, willing to read the last 3 but wouldn't keep them in my library................and not continuing w/ the "black ops" series.

I've changed my mind! The last 3 books were wonderful! Full of action, suspense, and hot sex we didn't have to wait for like the first 3 books of the series.

Will be ordering the first co
LaFleurBleue
Jun 05, 2012 rated it liked it
It was good but could have been much better and was below my expectations.
I really liked the beginning of the story until the moment Amy arrived at Dallas' place, or more exactly until they left for Buenos Aires. Then the pace accelerated, gave way to a very efficient thriller, but in there the relationship between the two dis not really develop as much as it could have. And then after the investigation was finished, it was almost back to square 1, as Dallas had not grown as much as he should h
Kayla
Oct 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed reading this book. Action packed and great side characters. I've been looking forward to reading this book since Amy was first introduced into the series. I can't really say much else without spoiling the book.

I'm a bit sad that I'm saying goodbye to the Garrett's and their close friends. However it looks like they might appear throughout the Black Ops series. Which brings me to this dire point...

It's very important to read this series in order, as all the characters are interconnected.
Samantha
Dec 19, 2007 rated it liked it
First of all let me say I love all the books in this series except for this one so far. I haven't read Manny's book yet. I was so looking forward to Dallas and Amy's story since their introduction. I wanted to feel their connection that they felt in that book but it was not meant to be. This book felt rushed to me. There's a lot of grammatical errors and plot holes. Just think Ms. Gerard didn't take her time. There really wasn't a build up to this one and the first time they re-meet it was so ru ...more
Riverina Romantics
Just finished Into the Dark.

What did I think of it??

.....sigh......

It was awesome. FAR-KING-AWESOME.

Dallas is hunkalicious.....sigh....

Amy?? Totally dig that chick.

Gabe? Boy do I want to mount that man and ride him till the sun goes down.....then comes back up again....then continue until dehydration sets in. CANNOT. WAIT. FOR. HIS. BOOK.

Cindy Gerard - SERIOUSLY WOMAN I WANNA MARRY YOU. Do you know what I want to give you for Christmas?? I wanna walk right up to you, toe to toe, place my hand a
HJ
Feb 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
reread 6/2015
Shabby Girl ~ aka Lady Victoria
I was a naughty girl with this series as I started out with book 3 (Ethan and Darcy's story) simply because the story appealed to me the most of the first books. We were introduced to Amy, the h of this book, in book 3 and of course I just had to know her story - now - so here I am going from book 3 straight to book 6. I will go back and read the others as I really like this author's style.

Amy's story begins in book 3 when she is rescued by the Bodyguard series brothers, Nolan, Ethan and Dallas.
MsRomanticReads

This was the most suspenseful story in the series. Gerard wrote a compelling plot with scenario that would make your hairs stand on end.

We met Amy back in book #3 To the Brink, when she, along with Darcy Prescott (Garrett) were rescued from jungles of the Philippines after being kidnapped. Darcy has only spent a short while in captivity, but for Amy it had been months. After months of torture and being raped, one of her rescuers was Dallas Garrett. Already then, there had been an instant attrac
PepperP0t
4.5stars
When Dallas Garrett met Amy Walker in To the Brink it was not under the best circumstances but they both felt a strong attraction and worried over the amount of emotional baggage their relationship would involve. Without warning or word Amy walked away leaving Dallas mourning what could have been between them and the rest of her new friends wondering about her well-being. During the six months since she left Amy has uncovered a lot of memories and information with help from her friend jo
Thenia
Amy and Dallas finally get their happily ever after!

Amy, who's been through hell as we read in one of the previous books, is in trouble and the only person she trusts to help her is Dallas. He is more than a little surprised when she appears on his doorstep after six months of no word, but this time he's not content to let her leave again the same way.

She's very different from the weak victim of a woman she was when Dallas first met her, and can now hold her on and is determined to settle a scor
Mtak91
Apr 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing

Loved this book. Loved the series overall. Action packed, yet less intense than the Black Ops series. I loved the relationship between the siblings; the constant ribbing, the jokes.

Ever since Amy and Dallas' story began in the third book I was intrigued. Dallas has shaped up to be my favorite male character in the series. I loved the fact that their relationship progressed over two books, gives it time to grow deeper, more intimate.

Unfortunately, when I discovered Cindy Gerard, I read the Black
Angela
Nov 30, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Into the Dark
Cindy Gerard
St. Martin’s Paperbacks
The Bodyguards Series

Amy Walker is no longer the battered and bruised victim that Dallas Garrett first met, and truth be told, fell in love with. She’s more than recovered, she’s empowered, and determined. Determined to find the man responsible for torturing her mother and having Amy kidnapped and beaten—her own grandfather. Still, when she pulls the trigger to save her own life, and ends her would-be-assassins life, her panicked mind automatically
C Joy
The end of the Bodyguards series triggers another set of potential characters and with Ms Gerard's parting note, I'm looking forward to another binge read.

This story was what I expected, and more. It's really dark and a bit disturbing but at least the author spared some details on the mind control. I noticed this was a bit laid-back compared to the others and that's just fine. Amy is another kickass heroine who's stronger than she looks. I like that she got back on her feet and studied weapons h
CL
I can't believe there aren't any more books in the 'Bodyguards' series for me to devour. Sad times.

I have to admit that I was slightly disappointed in this book as I expected to enjoy the finale to this series a lot more than I did. I think it was probably because of the fact that I just didn't find Dallas and Amy's story as intriguing as most people and given what Amy has been through, I have a hard time believing that she is so well adjusted.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question A 8 6 Feb 09, 2017 08:21PM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question I 7 5 Jan 23, 2017 11:50AM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question J 6 5 Jan 21, 2017 06:44PM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question H 6 7 Jan 21, 2017 06:37PM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question G 5 5 Jan 21, 2017 06:35PM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question F 5 5 Jan 21, 2017 06:32PM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question E 7 5 Jan 21, 2017 06:29PM

• Don't Let Go (SEAL Team 12, #5)
  • Take Me Tonight (Bullet Catcher, #3)
  • Hold on Tight (Hold Trilogy, #3)
  • Second Chance (Last Chance Rescue, #5)
  • No Turning Back (Suspense Series, #3)
  • No Control (Delta Force #2)
  • Naked Edge (I-Team, #4)
  • Renegade (Dark Ops, #3)
The only thing Cindy had in mind when she started writing her first book was finishing it. The issue of actually selling it came much later. Only after she made that life-altering first sale did she realize that one book would never be enough. Now, over 20 books and numerous awards later, Cindy laughingly admits that she can barely remember life before...well, was there life before writing?

Actuall

The Bodyguards (6 books)
  • To the Edge (The Bodyguards, #1)
  • To the Limit (The Bodyguards, #2)
  • To the Brink (The Bodyguards, #3)
  • Over the Line (The Bodyguards, #4)
  • Under the Wire (The Bodyguards, #5)
“Bastards have pissed me off," Reed snarled, out of breath, as he backed into the open armory door. "They hit me in the face."

Lang grabbed Reed's jaw, turned his face toward him. "It's just a scratch."

It's just my fucking face," Reed sputtered. "It needs to look good on a book jacket when I write my memoirs someday.”
33 likes
“Here's the deal. I get to marry you. You get to become a Garrett - although, considering what you're marrying into, I'm not certain that's much of an incentive."

Dallas to Amy”