Start by marking “The Fragile Line: Part One (The Fragile Line, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Fragile Line: Part One (The Fragile Line, #1)

The Fragile Line: Part One

(The Fragile Line Series #1)

Librarian's Note: This is an alternate-cover edition for ASIN B01BA1H474

She can't shake love.

Matt:
I'd know that pink-tipped platinum-blonde hair anywhere. It's Chloe, doing a half-naked walk of shame.

She's no saint. Then again, neither am I--but I'm no douche-bag either.

Her slumped shoulders and tear-stained cheeks ignite my protective instincts even though my better s
Published January 2017 by Amazon Digital Services (first published March 15th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about The Fragile Line, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fragile Line

Start your review of The Fragile Line: Part One (The Fragile Line, #1)
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
Genre – New Adult Romance
Cliffhanger - Yes
Type - Part of Series
Rating – 4.5 Stars

Complimentary copy generously provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

My Thoughts - Story
Well, I have to be honest and let you know that the beginning of this book really turned my stomach. I was so ready to put it down with the hate I felt toward Chloe. But then I remembered what my m
✿kawehi.reviews
Mar 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-copy
☆ I received an ARC via the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you! ☆

Oohh, I cannot convey how much the mixed array of emotions this story evoked in me. It made me mad, it shocked me, it made me a blubbering mess, and then it made me want to root for main protagonist Chloe in more ways than one.

Normally, when I first meet the lead of the novel, I'm already attached to them. But not Chloe. She infuriated and baffled me. Luckily though, her involvement with male counterpart, Matt, bal
1-Click Addict Support Group
So, if you have not read The Fine Line, you may want to. Not 100% necessary but this book runs along the same timeline and it may clear some confusion.

Chloe, I hated right off the bat. She was such the bad guy in The Fine Line, in love with a man who is in love with another, and it made me want to claw her eyes out. BUT, this book explains her background and her current state of mind. It doesn’t excuse her actions, but it puts a nice wrapping on why.

Matt, oh swoonworthy Matt. You try so hard to
Alicia Kobishop
Sep 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
DEC 29, 2016 - SERIES IS NOW COMPLETE!

I can't wait for you all to meet Chloe and Matt! I hope you fall in love with them the way I have. ~Alicia

Aishah

Request for Honest Review by Author

…The thing is once you're over there, away from the life you used to know, it's almost like time stands still. Logically, you know your loved ones lives are going to change, but since you're not there to witness it, or hear about it, it almost doesn't seem real."

I had to admit when I initially read the blurb I thought this is going to be a simple story between two people but I was mistaken this is a well written story with some exceptional moments. This b
* A review copy was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review *

~ 4 Stars ~

This is the second book I have read by Alicia Kobishop, and I continue to enjoy her writing.

The Fragile Line : Part 1 is the first novella in a three part novella series that is a spin off of Alicia’s debut novel The Fine Line. It is not necessary to read The Fine Line first, but I think it might help with some of the backstory of Chloe. This book runs in parallel to The Fine Line, so there is some overl
Three Chicks
Feb 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 Stars
Review by Jen Skewes

I was really looking forward to reading this book, having read The Fine Lin and meeting Chloe in that book. I will say that I wasn’t sure how I would feel about her because she was the nicest person in the first book. She had a friends with benefits relationship with Logan but when he met and fell in love with Liv, Chloe did not take it well. So I was curious to see what her story was and so far Alicia Kobishop did not disappoint.

In the beginning of this book I was n
Dita
Mar 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh wow..another book that packed with emotions from Alicia Kobishop.
Angst, sad, heartbreaking and sweet love. Yup all is in this book.

At first i have a doubt, because i have mix feeling about Chloe (i kinda hate her in the first book),
but now...omg...i'm totally rooting for Chloe..
She's acting tough although she's fragile inside, i feel her pain.
This girl got me so sad and hearbroken...I want to slap those people who hurt her..
And Matt...oooh matt...Love when big tough guy become sweet and ador
Archer
Feb 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a love story with a twist, what a role reversal. I really liked how unapologetic Chloe is about her love life. I had a hard time liking Logan but that's because Matt's charm and character came out like a lion.

Favorite Quote:
When I reached her, I did what I should’ve done a long damn time ago. With one hand on the back of her neck and the other on the small of her back, I pulled her body to mine and kissed her the way she deserved to be kissed. Deeply. Tenderly. Passionately..

Second favo
Katie Jones
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blind-dates
I'm so glad that I was able to get this book series from the author through Quirky Blind Date with A Book. After reading The Fine Line, I wanted to know more about Chloe and her character. She's gone through so much, no wonder she had the hard exterior that she does.

Matt has become one of my favorites, he just sounds like a big teddy bear. With a lot more to offer, if you catch my drift.

I also can't help but have a strong dislike to Brynn and Ryan, I just DON'T like them!
Cassandra
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
See my full review under the box set!

I do highly recommend this book/series, but you should read The Fine Line first. That is a standalone or what this series is a spinoff from. If you read this series first, before the book, you will have spoilers. I'm hoping that there are more written.
Angela Goodrich
As it’s been more than two years since I read The Fine Line, my recollection of the details from the novel is a bit hazy. The fact that I strive to write spoiler-free reviews meant that my review of the book did little to jog my memory. However, what was clear from my review was that I enjoyed Kobishop’s writing style, so I happily signed up to review The Fragile Line – Part One. As the blurb states that this can be read as a standalone, I sallied forth into the novella, hoping that this would b ...more
Jennifer Pierson
Feb 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have to start out by saying that reading The Fine Line first, will give you more of a full picture of Chloe. Of course, I'm sure you will feel like I did, that Chloe is beyond redemption. After that book, and the first part of this book, all I wanted to do was choke her out, as she is very immature, and selfish. In fact, I almost put the whole thing down, that's how irate I was, but I hung in there with Matt. And I'm very glad I did, as Alicia Kobishop's super talented writing style had me cha ...more
Melissa J (Book Addicts Reviews)
4.5 everybody needs love stars!! What a great follow up to "The Fine Line"!

Ok this can be read as the first of a three book novella series but I HIGHLY recommend reading "The Fine Line" prior to reading this book. With that said....so much makes sense. This book was great!!

Well if you read the first book you would agree on my distaste for Chloe. Actually going into this book I did not read any blurbs so I did not know who the book was about and when the first page said "Chloe" I was so damn con
wendy Shelton(obsessedbybooks)
I was glad that we got to see the true side of Chloe, yes I was a hater but once I understood her better I started liking her more, she just needed a friend she could count on, that understood her where she was coming from and she found that in Matt. He's got a past and understands Chloe, enjoys their friendship and he sees the beauty in her but will they take a chance on each other and cross that line?
Kaye
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is one remarkable, emotional roller coaster of a story,and it's wonderful! It was hard to read about Chloe's heartaches and her choices, but she keeps on surprising me. This is one story that just sucks you in, and before you know it, you're now a character in the story.
Mistee  Lemaster
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Such an amazing book! loving theses characters!!!
Alissa Evanson

I have to admit I was a little nervous to read this book after I found out that it was Chloe from THE FINE LINE. I was definitely not a fan of hers for all the hell she put Logan and Liv through. If you haven’t read THE FINE LINE I would recommend doing that before reading this book. It isn’t really absolutely necessary, but I think you will enjoy this story a lot more and relate a lot better to the characters, especially being that their stories run the same timeline.

Chloe has been hurt in her
Ashley Stevenson
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was given to me for free at my request and I provided this voluntary review. A heartache love story about how to change to be the person you meant to be and let the old you go and remember how to love be alive also free.
Lylian Aguiar
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Chloe and Max are going to give you a ride in a roller coaster of emotions. Cry, laugh and love are all included. Absolutely in love with this story!
Amber Goodwin
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great read. I disliked Chloe in the first book, but started to feel for her in this one. Can't wait to see what happens next to Chloe and Matt! can't wait for more!!
FeeMac
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Deeply moving writing. The story of how Chloe hides her true self within the image of being a "party girl". She constantly lives with feelings of emptiness and is unable to let the past go. As a reader I couldn't help feel saddened that she was travelling life's journey alone. That was until Matt came along. Will he be the one to reveal the true Chloe? Can't wait to read the next book
Lori R.
Dec 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was so excited for this one! This novella was absolutely perfect. And since I read The Fine Line first, it made it even better than perfect. It isn’t necessary to read The Fine Line first, but it will definitely add to your reading experience, make you enjoy it that much more.

We meet Chloe & Matt in The Fine Line. I was VERY interested in Matt then…and Chloe…hmmm… well, let’s just say I needed a lot of convincing that she was not all bad.

Chloe is one of “those” characters. You know, the ones y
Badass Bloggettes
Although this book is a stand-alone in its own rights, I felt glad that I had read The Fine Line beforehand as I had knowledge of the background of the people.

OMG right from the beginning I wanted to slap Chloe silly, she just really got on my nerves and as much as I loved The Fine Line, I was starting to wonder if I would like this book with the way Chloe was putting me off her, but deep down I knew there had to be a reason why she was why she was that way.

What I admire about this writer is the
Bookworm027
Feb 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was given this book by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

4 Stars

This is the first part of The Fragile Line novella series and a spin-off from The Fine Line. I haven't read The Fine Line, but I didn't have any troubles understanding the story as it progressed. Chloe is the bad girl with a horrible reputation. She went through some tough times when she was growing up and part of that was perpetuated by someone she was especially close to. Now, she keeps to her no-strings policy, but
EndlessReading
Mar 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: floved, loved
Firstly I would like to to give a HUGE thanks to Kobishop for kindly providing me with a copy of "The Fragile Line" to read and review.

Soooo some of you may know of Chloe from reading "The Fine Line" if not, it's too much of a problem but I would totally read that to get a better understanding, but it's not a necessity.

We find that "The Fragile Line" explains her background and her current state of mind. It doesn't excuse her actions at all, but it totally explains a few things.

Kobishop seemed t
Twinsie Talk Angie J
Jan 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Check out this review and others at
www.Twinsietalk.com
www.Facebook.com/Twinsietalk
www.Twitter.com/Twinsietalk
www.Tsu.co/Twinsietalk
Newsletter : http://eepurl.com/brwkPv
The Fragile Line Series: Part One by Alicia Kobishop
I received this book from the author for an honest review.
UGH! I started this book and thought “OMG I hate Chloe” and “Ain’t no way I am going to want to see her happy” but then I read it and my heart breaks for her. Chloe is a hot mess. Her life is crazy. She has had nothing bu
Verna Loves Books
The Fragile Line by Alicia Kobishop will instantly draw you in and leave you with so many feelings. I was left shocked, anxious, and overall excited. I can’t even find the right words to describe how unbelievable this book was. Alicia always blows me away. Her writing is just superb. I cannot wait to continue Chloe and Matt’s story.

Chloe is such a complex character. She’s had so much grief, heartbreak, and loss that you can’t help but feel connected to her. I found myself hoping she would find
Jessica
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this via #QuirkyBlindDate.

I would recommend you read The fine line before this one. Its not a must but we met Matt and Chloe is that book.

I will say that I didn't like Chloe at all in the fine line. She was the bitch, the bad guy so to speak. In this part 1 we find out what made Chloe the way she is. She has had a rough life.

Matt I loved him in The Fine Line and I love him more in this. He is a sweetheart, He is caring wants to help people. He hates seeing women cry. I wa
R yatsko
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
#review
#quirkyblinddate

This novel starts off where The Fine Line ends....
It explains Chloe and Logans arrangement, before Logan fell in love with Liv
Chloe is broken, was comfortable with her relationship with Logan...
But when it ended, she needed a friend...

Matt is the friend she needed,
He is loyal, fierce, and genuine.....
things do start to heat up...

Will he be what Chloe needs? Is she want Matt needs?
Book 2 please

• Bad at Love
  • Dragon's Lair (Wind Dragons MC, #1)
  • Rake's Redemption (Wind Dragons MC, #4)
  • The Lie
  • Fallen Princess (Wind Dragons MC, #7)
  • Wall Street Titan (Wall Street Titan, #1)
  • The Deal (Arranged Series #1)
  • The Choice (Arranged Series #3)
  • Pierced Hearts (Southern Charmers, #1)
  • After All
  • Runaway Mistress
  • Husband (Betrothed #2)
  • Torn (Dark Legacy Duet #2)
  • Collateral
  • Damage
  • Taken (Dark Legacy Duet, #1)
  • Mr. Fixit (Irresistible Bachelors #5)
  • Veiled
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorAlicia...
Instagram: http://instagram.com/aliciakobishop
Newsletter: https://www.subscribepage.com/aliciak...

Alicia Kobishop is a contemporary romance writer who lives in Milwaukee, WI, USA with her husband and two children.

Before trying her hand in writing, she worked her way up in the field of administrative healthcare with experiences ranging from working

The Fragile Line Series (3 books)
  • The Fragile Line: Part Two (The Fragile Line, #2)
  • The Fragile Line: Part Three (The Fragile Line, #3)

News & Interviews