Start by marking “Caught (Book One of the Oneiros Log)” as Want to Read:
Caught (Book One of the Oneiros Log)

Read Book

Caught (Book One of the Oneiros Log)

Nothing is at all what it seems, and for four strangers, they'll have to discover why before they're driven over the edge of madness. Within them are the keys to free themselves. They'll need to traverse a landscape of horrors and fettered secrets.

Unknown to these prisoners, another four desperately hunt for their own freedom-a freedom denied them by the tormenting
Published January 28th 2017 by Self (CreateSpace)

To ask other readers questions about Caught, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Caught

Start your review of Caught (Book One of the Oneiros Log)
Corey Truax
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*Spoiler Free and modified from my Amazon review (Goodreads is where I go for more in-depth reviews, so I usually try to expand a bit)*

There are some books you read more than once; this is one of those books. When you think you have everything figured out, Weech will throw you for a loop. I found myself scanning backward when I learned something new. Sure enough, if you read close enough, you might catch some foreshadowy breadcrumbs (this was well done).

This book has the speed of a pulp story,
Rachel
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Ive read very few self-published books, but Caught is by far the best. Its about two groups of people; one group is trapped in a mysterious realm, and the other is in the real world trying to defeat/get revenge on an evil enemy from their past. In the first half of the book, you really dont know whats going on, and you learn about the mysterious realm as the characters do. The second half, after the two groups meet, is about them all trying to defeat/get revenge on their shared enemy- the person ...more
SinisterDarkSoul
Jan 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
An interesting story with quite an original plot. I'm not sure I've read anything quite like this before. If this is book one, I am excited to see future books in this series.

It took a bit to wrap my head around it, but that is a good thing. The imagery is wonderful and I found myself immersed in each persons story throughout this book. The only drawback I really found was the pacing at times. The book overall has a fairly brisk pace. There are times it seems a tad slow though...but it is rare.
J.M. Robison
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: have-read
WHAT I LIKED:
This author has an AMAZING ability with words. I felt the character's emotions like they were real people, and the characters themselves were well fleshed out and unique in their own quirks, beliefs, morals, and personalities.

There were several stunning twists in the book which kept me engaged until the end.

WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE:
EDITING: There were several errors in the book, from omitted words, to double words, to the wrong word, to the incorrectly tensed word.

CLARITY: Sometimes two
Steven D'Adamo
Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy-sci-fi
Weech paints a terrifying picture of what happens when our worst fears/nightmares are exploited against us. The narrative direction this story goes (without giving anything away) is both surprising in the moment and completely logical in retrospect. I was so distracted by the initial horror that I was blinded to where Weech was taking me. However, once the main narrative kicks off, Caught becomes a suspenseful ride filled with intrigue.
Andrew Hiller
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was introduced to the writing of M.L.S. Weech at Awesome Con in Washington DC. Like many indie writers, he had a table and a small crowd of returning readers. I decided to interview him for a series on Pop Culture and modern myth I had been working on. Turns out he has a cool background. Better, he has a pretty cool book.

What caught does really well is explore the idea of damnation. What would it be like if every time you opened your eyes you experienced a new terror. Each experience worse
Clare Meyers
Jun 26, 2017 rated it liked it
A sci-fi horror/thriller with a bit of military thrown in, Caught does a lot right out of the gate, and some elements are more successful than others. The thriller elements are interesting, but we're thrown right into the nightmare with no background on anyone or anything which creates a bit of paranoia and lost feeling. This improved as the story went on and characters got background and personality, but it was tricky to empathize with them before that which lowers the impact of the horror. The ...more
Larissa
Max
Arnela
carla clifton
Jan 19, 2017
M. L. S. Weech was born in August 1979 in Rapid City, South Dakota. He fell in love with fantasy and science fiction at an early age. His love of writing quickly followed when he tried to write a sequel to his favorite movie. He didn't know what copyright infringement was. He can't remember a time he wasn't working on some sort of project from that day on. He wrote for a junior high project. The ...more