Start by marking “How to Run a Great Workshop: The Complete Guide to Designing and Running Brilliant Workshops and Meetings” as Want to Read:

Ever had to run a training session or workshop and not known where to begin? This is the simple, smart guide to creating a programme that is both memorable, effective and enjoyable - for you and your team.
Published January 1st 2013 by Pearson Prentice Hall (first published October 26th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about How to Run a Great Workshop, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Run a Great Workshop

Start your review of How to Run a Great Workshop: The Complete Guide to Designing and Running Brilliant Workshops and Meetings
Jos dujardin
Aug 09, 2017 rated it liked it
good overview, aimed at the very beginner of workshops. Also the more experienced facilitator can review his way of working and take in some good refreshers and pointers. A lot of attention is given to off-the-shelf activities. Seems that people want to be entertained.
Steven De Landtsheer
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-reads
I have not come accross that many books about organising workshops, so I was glad I found this one. To me this is a bit of a surprise, when we look at the nummer of workshops that get organised every day. Therefore, when you write a book about such a creatieve process, you need to take your personal angle.
The author puts the experience of the participant and the resulting outcomes of the workshop as the central approach to designing great workshops. Therefore a lot of attention is placed on how
Steve Whiting
Feb 17, 2016 rated it liked it
Some interesting ideas, and some good advice about structuring workshops, but probably more relevant to a training or facilitating company than to running internal workshops.

Rather sceptical of some of the more "enthusiastic" ideas, which are more likely to lead participants running for cover than rushing to join in.
Jen Smith
May 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I have to say, I'm glad I've never encountered the author. I'm sure she's a very nice person, but her ideas epitomise everything I loathe and dread about workshops. Of course, now I have to try to figure out where most people sit on the continuum between me (send the information via email, please) and her (lights! music!! dancing!!! group work!!!! games!!!!!) in time to actually design and run a workshop that does the job.

I think I shall probably read this again, more carefully, skipping the bit
Tine Putzeys
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Comprehensive with a lot of practical advice. It'll make you consider a bunch of aspects of your workshops that you may not have actively thought about before.

While I don't necessarily think sending clients on a treasure hunt is professionally appropriate for me, I do think there's a whole spectrum from boring to over the top playfull. I could stand to move a little more towards playfull.

One point of improvement: when using to concepts like "brain gym" and saying they are so important that they
Ena

• Vermilion Sands
  • Animals
  • Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Dummies
  • Me and My Sewing Machine: A Beginner's Guide
  • Minimalist Baker's Everyday Cooking: 101 Entirely Plant-based, Mostly Gluten-Free, Easy and Delicious Recipes
  • Mathematics: A Very Short Introduction