Start by marking “Flawed” as Want to Read:

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  58 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
When I fell in love with Ivy Carter, I fell hard. She had a grip on my heart, and she refused to let go. After I committed a brutal assault, I pushed her away so she could have a life without me, but I’ve ached for her ever since. I assumed in a few months she’d move on, go off to school, and find some guy that actually deserves her. But that’s not what she did. She pushed ...more
Published January 13th 2016 by Sara Hubbard

To ask other readers questions about Flawed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flawed

Alex ♈
It’s not my kind of romance. Too much criminal activity, too much drama, too much violence. The book was well written and the both MCs were actually likable, but some of their actions didn’t make any sense to me (e.g. selfish brother of the h – WTF?).
Behind all that there was a nice love story of two young people who deeply loved and cared for each other.
Safety note: (view spoiler)
Denna✌
Jan 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Katie
Jan 29, 2017 marked it as to-read

by Sara Hubbard
Publication Date: January 12, 2017
Genres: Contemporary, Romance

Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
Feb 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
ARC Received in exchange for an honest review

I enjoyed this book so much. I fell in love with Niko from the start. He was a sweet guy acting tough because of who his family was. And again he tried to right a wrong and was sentenced to jail.

Ivy was a girl in love with a guy connected to a mobster/gangster and he was in love with her. But because he went to jail he felt that she deserved better.
But in the end he was wrong when two people are meant for each other nothing will stand in their way

This
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
This was a very different read for me. A story of forgiveness and bittersweet redemption.

Ivy was in love with Niko in high school and they often talked about their plans for the future, how they would spend their lives together. Neither of them envisioned that they would be torn apart when Niko is sentenced to six years in prison after the death of a man he assaulted.

Ivy lived with her mother and brother, they had very little money but Ivy had big dreams of eventually leaving home and going away
Whitney Cannavina
I received an ARC for an honest review.
Review by Country Gals BOOK Blog

Niko was just released from prison for a crime he committed 6 years prior. The life he left behind has moved forward without him, but the issues still remain. He wants Ivy back and he wants a life without crime. But when issues arise with the woman he loves and his family, he has to go back to what he always tried to get away from and in the process he may lose his chance at forever.
Ivy was heartbroken when Niko ended thing
Rhonda Brant
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Holy Crap! I had to let my heart settle down before I could write this review. Was not expecting this book to have some major intense scenes and violence in it, but given what the story is about, it works. Story opens up with Niko just getting out of a 6 year prison sentence for severely beating the guy who tortured and killed his sister Claire. Ivy is his long time girlfriend who he broke the relationship off with when he was sent to prison because he didn't want her to be tied down when he was ...more
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
5+ Stars!

Wow, I couldn’t put this one down. It is my first book by Sara Hubbard and I LOVED it!!! I was drawn to this story from the beginning and it just kept getting better and better. It’s darkish, with some violence and breath holding, tearful and intense scenes, balanced with a powerful love story.

I was so sad for Niko, he isn’t meant for the family business, trying to be good which is difficult with the expectations of his uncle. He really was in a sticky situation, no way out. He’s willi
Tiffany Readz
Feb 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Predictable, but good.

There seems to be something about Sara Hubbard's alpha characters that keeps me coming back. Maybe it's the tough on the outside, teddy bear on the inside personalities they have, or how they are protective of thier girl and family, I'm not too sure exactly, but I like it and Niko was no exception.

"Going straight won't take, no matter how hard you try. We're not cut from that cloth, brother. We were born for this life and we'll die living it."

Niko never stood a chance with
* A review copy was provided by the author for the Blog Tour *

~ 3.5 Flawed Stars ~

I have to be honest and say this isn’t my favorite Sara Hubbard book. Now with saying that, I did enjoy the story and the characters, it just didn’t WOW me like some of her other books have in the past.

I really didn’t know what to expect from Flawed, except that it was going to be a second chance romance. And that it definitely is. I loved watching Niko and Ivy reconnect after being apart for 6 years.

I thought
Paula D
Jan 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Niko has been in jail for 6 long years his light that he kept with him daily is Ivy. Niko hurt Ivy by breaking up with her when his world changed for him. Niko doesn't think he's good enough for Ivy. Ivy is raising her brother Jack who is grown but always into trouble. One day Jack stole from the wrong man and of course Niko helps and will do anything so Jack and and Ivy don't get hurt. But can Ivy trust Nico? Can Niko have actually changed from his past? Great romance story heart breaking at ti ...more
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Mar 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
description
Ivy and Niko deserved a second chance…
And that is exactly what they got. On the surface, Niko was a tough guy, born into a tough, criminal family. Ivy was the woman he loved and she loved him right back. When brutal circumstances separated them for six long years, it seemed that was not going to be end. They may be destined to be together but it wasn’t going to be easy…
“You aren’t the person you think you are. You aren’t your father. You’re flawed…but so am I.”
Ivy and Niko were interesting chara
Danielle Goodwin
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sara Hubbard's "Flawed" is a great standalone read! Niko & Ivy's love story is a tragic tale. They've been blocked at every step along the way. They're definitely meant to be together though. Their chemistry is off the charts! Sara Hubbard writes a sexy combination of Beauty & The Beast and Goodfellas! I can't wait to read more by her.
JoAnna G
Feb 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have never had the pleasure of reading this author before. I will fix that after this book. I really enjoyed reading this and it is different from what I was expecting. This book as so many feels from the first to the last page. This book has a bit of violence and some dark themes as well.

This review I have held off posting for a bit. Not that is was bad I just wanted to get my thoughts together, without giving anything away.The story starts with Niko being in prison and awaiting release. He t
Bad Girls
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
In the beginning of the book I wasn’t getting into the story but once the 30% mark hit I started to really get into the characters. Ivy was a great heroine, although at times she kept going back and forth with her feelings for Niko and I think she did treat him unfairly because of his decision to push her away. I mean she had to have realized the life he was living and didn’t want her in it. Ivy’s brother (who causes all the drama) is a little snot. But I understand Ivy’s need to protect him and ...more
Jennifer Pierson
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Niko never wanted to be apart of his crime family, and tried to be on the straight and narrow. But when a tragedy struck, he landed in jail for six years. Now out, he cannot stay away from the girl he loved, and chased off, Ivy. He realizes he can never let her go, so he's once again, trying to be the good guy. However, his family is still powerful, and when Ivy's brother steals from his uncle, he finds himself back in the midst of chaos, as he will do anything to protect her. That's all I'm giv ...more
FMR Book Grind
Feb 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
FLAVIA'S REVIEW
4 STARS

ARC Received in exchange for an honest review

Nerdy Chic
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Flawed is stand alone, second chance at love/mafia romance and I will admit, I don't usually gravitate towards the mafia trope but what Sara Hubbard writes, Nerdy Chic must read.

“I’m no good for you,” he says. “I’m never going to be more than a guy that walks that line. I don’t look for trouble, but it finds me and I don’t want you anywhere near me when it does."

Six years ago, Nico committed a crime in a fit of rage over the death of his beautiful sister. That moment changed his life but his onl
Lita Thomas
Feb 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Flawed by Sara Hubbard Nikolai Kosh has just been released from prison after 6 years for almost beating a guy to death. Considering the guy he beat up had set his sister on fire while she was alive and tied to a chair which resulted in her death, any other person would have gotten off but because his family are gangsters he is considered a rotten apple. The only person that has ever believed in him has been Ivy. They had planned their future together and marriage was the plan till he went to jai ...more
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Review by: Jennifer
(3.5 stars)

Nico is being released from prison, and he knows who will be there to greet him when he gets on the other side of those doors. His brother, Vic, and that's it. His mother cut ties when he went in, and he decided to cut his girl loose, rather than have her give up on him. When he gets up the nerve, he stops in to see Ivy, the girl he has loved forever, but she hasn't forgiven him for how he let her go. When things get a bit crazy, and Ivy's brother gets into some tro
United Indie Book Blog
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This story was very well written. The story flowed and kept me right on the edge of my seat. The characters were well developed and engaging. Flawed starts out with Nico getting out of jail and trying to navigate his life. He is a hot criminal who doesn't want that life anymore. Ivy is the girl he pushed away when he was in prison. She is smart and beautiful but always puts others first. Their story is a sexy sweet second chance romance. There is intrigue, action and a whole lot of steam. I reco ...more
Diane
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
*3.5 stars*
I.Heart.Romance
Too lite on the romance and too heavy on the violence for me. A little more of an epilogue would have been nice...ending was rushed.
A Beautiful Book Blog
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMG! What a fantastic book. Niko and Ivy's story was amazing. this book did not hold back. It was not your typical, sweet, pretty romance. It was raw , gritty and this book was a complete thrill ride.

Niko is one hard dude. He has lived through more in his life time than on should. When life got hard he leaves behind his love of his live Ivy. When they are reunited. You can feel the hurt Ivy feels, you can also feel her love she still holds for him. This pull that cant be explained. Watching her
Bookishcat
Naala
Jan 27, 2017
Maiden
Feb 01, 2017
Sara Hubbard is a romantic fiction author. Her debut novel BLOOD, SHE READ released fall 2012 and was a NEORWA Cleveland Rocks winner and a RCRW Duel on the Delta finalist. Sara lives in Nova Scotia, Canada with her two children (four if you count her husband and her needy labradoodle) and works as a registered nurse.
More about Sara Hubbard

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be