Start by marking “Vector: Tradecraft: Phase Zero” as Want to Read:
Vector: Tradecraft: Phase Zero

Read Book

Vector: Tradecraft: Phase Zero

(Tradecraft #1)

When researcher Jawad Khattib gasps his last breath on the Massachusetts General Hospital floor, the Department of Homeland Security wants answers—especially after a preliminary autopsy suggests he died of radiation poisoning. What exactly was Khattib working on? And who was he working for? DHS Agent Lee Jansen is rushed to Boston and paired with expert toxicologist Dr. Em ...more
Published November 9th 2016 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Vector, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vector

Lisa
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Yep, o.k., this was a good read! I'll confess that I nearly gave up on this book. Not because it was awful, but because of the medical jargon. The body and all it various bits and pieces are easy for me, but biology and all that entails is a pain in my backside! Mr. Shusko excelled at description though, so I stuck with it. I'm glad I did. Matter of fact, I liked the book so much that I'll be reading the next one from this author. The subject of ethnic cleansing is terrifying, so I'm curious to ...more
Namrata Ganti
Apr 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Vector: Tradecraft: Phase Zero is a compelling fast-paced thriller that deals with the idea of a bio-chemical weapon that can end the life of hundreds of people easily. The plot is well thought out and right from the beginning, the foundation is set for an entertaining read. The reader is drawn into a web of secrets and deceit without ever knowing who is really involved and who isn't.

Starting with the suspicious death of researcher Jawad Khattib, to the meeting of some brilliant minds, the autho
Dela Cruz
Feb 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
ORIGINALLY POSTED: http://pastriesandnovelthoughts.weebl...

This book is alarmingly realistic!

Don't lose focus while reading this book, this is my advice. Vector: Tradecraft: Phase Zero is a mind boggling, frazzling (in a good way) thriller. Told in multiple points of view Vector: Tradecraft: Phase Zero will have your thoughts in a whirl wind.

Vector: Tradecraft: Phase Zero takes place in Boston Massachusetts with Dr. Emma Hess, a top notch toxicologist and Lee Jansen, a DHS (Department of Homela
Valerie
Looking for your next thriller page turner? This may be the book for you. I typically don't read alot of these types of books, but I was intrigued by the premise of the story and I am glad to say I did.

The book appealed to me because it was not just a mystery, but because of the medical story line as well. I was curious about what it would be that would cause something like this to happen. (Yes, I know that is vague, but remember no spoilers here!)

The agents in the book use their technical exper
Cheryl
Jun 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Worldwide terrorism with its roots in Boston

This was a fast moving scary look at a shadowy clandestine organization that is behind the creation of a terrible bioweapon.

Department of Homeland Security agent and ex-Marine Lee Jansen has been reeling lately from a series of traumatic events in his life and the future isn't looking much better.

Dr. Emma Hess specializes in toxicology but is also a medical doctor and a professor.

Both Lee and Emma, along with Dr. Manny Ortiz, ex-Army Ranger and now an
April Showers Bring Fungi From Yuggoth
Review: VECTOR: TRADECRAFT: PHASE ZERO by Michael Shusko

A nonstop action medical/bioterrorism thriller, chilling spines, VECTOR is all too real and the threats it presents all too plausible. In today's geopolitical climate, with science and military research devoted to the creation and prevention of biological weapons, such a scenario could easily occur, and not only from the usual terrorism venues. A strong and intelligent female protagonist renders appeal, while readers will ask themselves: "C
Karen
May 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book introduces Jawad Khattib, a researcher whose death seems to be due to radiation exposure; DHS agent Lee Jansen and toxicologist Dr. Emma Hess teaming up to find the truth.

With Vector, Michael Shusko has created an action-packed thriller centred on Lee, Emma, and Manny who strongly doubt the first theories of Jawad's death. It is a compelling read that drew me in after a few pages into the story. Michael Shusko paints a clear picture of the characters' minds while the story evolves. The
Divya Agrawal
Feb 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: completed
Well, I don't certainly read a book from this genre, surprisingly I loved it!

It is a mixture-blend of two genres namely military and medical which are beautifully described side by side. I liked the idea of the toxicology used here. The vivid description of the toxins helped a reader to understand the situation better. Though at some places things were kind of hasty but it came back appreciatively.

Out of the two main characters I loved Emma the most. I liked her far thinking. She was always one
Robert Ringler
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A new hybrid genre emerges

Loved this debut thriller from Michael Shusko! It appears that we have a new sub-genre in thrillers – the military medical thriller. I enjoyed the plot twists, the character development was excellent, and Lee and Emma make a great team - DHS agent and MD scientist. Looking forward to many additional installments in this series. It's gotten off to a great start!
RSC
Jan 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Details - Solid Writing

The author makes use of his extensive experience, medical and public health credentials to write a compelling novel, one that is frightening in its authenticity.

For those who enjoy a good thriller that is well-documented and well-paced, this is one you'll want to read. I took a chance in purchasing it and was rewarded with a great read.
Julie Shusko
Nov 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Incredible read! On the edge of my seat throughout.
Tony Parsons
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Boston, MA. Massachusetts General Hospital ER Dr. Jawad Khattib (25+, Egyptian, molecular biologist) collapsed on the floor.
Arabian Café. Alexandria, VA. DHS Agent Lee Jansen (Counterterrorism, UCLA, retired USMC, Iraq, Afghanistan) & DHS Agent Tyrone “T-Bone” James (NOC task force commander) had been keeping a close eye on Jawad.

The National Cyber Security Center NCSC) had showed an increase in computer chat between Abdullah al-Harbi (al-Qaeda Sr. leader) & bin Talal (Pakistan-Yeman).
B
Susan
Apr 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Vector: Tradecraft Phase Zero is the first book in the Tradecraft series. You can read this as a standalone. There is violence. This story could be ripped out of today's headlines. As we continue to make advances in science, this storyline could easily happen. While on the surface the genetic manipulation could cure diseases, that same scientific advancement could be turned around to be used as a weapon. It all depends on whose hands that science is in. This book has enough action and twists and ...more
Scott
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Full disclosure, I worked for the author at one time. I had PCS'd to another command by the time I read this book and I had no idea he had written books at the time I worked for him. If you are interested in military and or law enforcement, medical mystery, international thriller books, this is the book for you! Anyone science minded who follows current events will love the way Dr. Shusko tells a realistic, scary tale filled with excitement, adventure, and close calls. I think this book would ma ...more
Quanita
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Order, led by the Architect, is building a biochemical weapon that will target specific ethnic groups. A DHS agent, a doctor that is a former army Ranger, and a doctor specializing in toxicology are the only people that can stop this group from world domination. A lot of action and some plot twists keep this a page turner.
Jim Craig
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great thriller

If you like thrillers this book is for you. It has everything. There are several characters who are well defined. The plot has plenty of shifts and turns. With the writer,'s background it is made believable.
Amelia James
Jan 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story!

I would recommend this book to those readers who like suspense, medical, and military all mixed in.
I strongly recommend this book
Jan 27, 2018
Jan 05, 2018
Jane Wesman
Jan 23, 2019
  • Mr. Sandman
  • The Mean Bone in Her Body (New Royal Mysteries #1)
  • Secret of the Templars (Templar, #9)
  • Phoenixville Rising
  • Wanted: Single Rose
  • Murder, Mystery & Dating Mayhem (The Gray-Haired Knitting Detectives Book 1)
  • Fragile Beginnings: Discoveries And Triumphs In The Newborn ICU
  • The Bluebell Informant (DS Giles, #1)
  • Seeking the Sun
  • Getting Organized: Improving Focus, Organization and Productivity
  • Hutterite Diaries: Wisdom from My Prairie Community
  • On Call
  • A Pink Zombie, with a Mist
  • Black List (Ryan Drake #4)
Michael Shusko, MD, MPH, FAAFP, FACOEM, is an author, medical doctor and decorated Marine and Naval officer who has worked on intelligence and medical missions across the globe. Fluent in Arabic, he holds a bachelor's degree in Middle Eastern studies from Rutgers University. Post-undergrad, Dr. Shusko transferred from the Marines to the Navy Medical Corps and attended medical school at Wake Forest ...more

Tradecraft (2 books)