Start by marking “Lessons in Letting Go (Study Abroad, #3)” as Want to Read:
Lessons in Letting Go (Study Abroad, #3)

Lessons in Letting Go

(Study Abroad #3)

“Ten minutes ago, I was just an American student studying abroad in Spain. But now? Now I’m a professional soccer player’s muse. His good luck charm...”

Soccer star Rhys Maddox’s recovery from an injury isn’t going well—until one night with a beautiful American and a few terrible pick-up lines changes everything. With Laura at his side, he plays smarter, runs faster, and
Published December 12th 2016 by Peterson Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Lessons in Letting Go, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lessons in Letting Go

Eve (Between The Bookends)
description

3 Couldn't Connect Stars...

I'll be honest I had a little trouble getting into this book. I've picked it up and put it down on several occasions. The writing was good and the plot flowed well. The sex scenes were steamy. The setting was wonderful.

So why just 3 stars? I just didn't like Rhys. He was a douchenoodle through most of the book. He does eventually get his head out of his ass, but by that time I was just sort of over him. Laura I did enjoy slightly better, but her character was ALL over
Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic
I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.

For Laura Bennet, studying in Madrid is about self-improvement and exploring the beauty of Spain guided by her bucket list. Everything is organized and planned until Rhys Maddox came in the picture. He's a well-known Football player who recently came back after an injury. After their hook up, Rhys can't stay away and considered her as his lucky charm. As they hang out more, it progressed into a casual relationship. Laura adjusts
Siobhan
Oct 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Oh gosh. All the feels. So many feels.

I can tell you right now this review will be long and overly gushy, thus I’m going to offer something different with this review. I’ll write a quick short one, no more than a paragraph, just so that you can get a general idea, and then I’ll give you all the feels in the rest of the review. Through this, you have the option to simply know what it is all about, or you can join me in the emotional rollercoaster as I try to organise my thoughts into something re
Quinn's Quippy Quotes
Oct 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paperback, own, arc
5 Amazing Stars!!!!

To say that I've been dying to get my hands on this book is a bit of an understatement. I fell completely in love with this series when my fellow sister Shannon gifted me Spanish Lessons. Little did she know it was my first hit in my addiction.

I just love the whole concept of this series and adore it even more because the author is writing from her experience from her semester abroad. I loved the connection that she put into the first two novels, but it's even more apparent i
Ari
Oct 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Original review: The Daydreaming Bookworm

*I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.*

I’ve been eagerly awaiting Rhys and Laura’s story after seeing snippets of them together in Lessons in Gravity and I needed to know more about these two. I also was excited because this is a sports romance and I’m such a sucker for a good sports romance novel, I can never pass on them!

Hoping to reinvent herself, Laura Bennet starts her new semester in Madrid letting go of excess baggag
Jessica Peterson
Oct 18, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Like hot footballers (the European kind) and hotter sex scenes? Then you'll love my Study Abroad sports romance, LESSONS IN LETTING GO (Study Abroad #3). While this is the third book in my series, it can absolutely be read as a standalone. Check out the first three chapters on my website here.

Happy reading! Can't wait to know what you think of Rhys and Laura's story.
Shannon Moore
Dec 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
That ending though. <3
Review to come!
Polly
Nov 12, 2016 rated it really liked it

This was my first book from this author and over all it was pretty good.

Rhys is a superstar soccer player and Laura is the regular girl next door that meets him while studying abroad.

I think there were more things that didn't work for me in this book that did and thats why I went with 3.5. Their chemistry was off the charts and their steam was right up my alley.

However there were a few things that bugged me. Rhys is doing all of the fame and stuff for his family but he never visits
Shweta Choudhary
Apr 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I felt connected to Laura because I'm also a person pleaser and I felt how she felt.I felt her struggle to be herself, to love freely and to have fun. I liked Rhys,too! I know he did many things but emotions can be our best friends and the worst enemies. I'm so glad regarding what happened towards the end. Nope. I'm not gonna tell you. You need to read cute, amazing, sexy filled with weird pick up lines to know what I'm talking about!! Highly recommended.
Deanna (A Novel Glimpse)
Note: I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an unbiased review.

I was so, so excited to hear the next book in Jessica Peterson’s Study Abroad series was going to be Rhys and Laura’s book! I’ve been waiting for their story ever since I met them in Spanish Lessons. The bits and pieces I got of them in the first two books really intrigued me.

Lessons in Letting Go was a great story, but it wasn’t exactly the story I was expecting. That’s not a bad thing, but it surprised me. I thought Le
Amber at WickedGoodReads
They're finally here! Rhys and Laura are HERE!! *throws confetti*
OHHHHHH Jessica Peterson... what have you done? *flails arms around in a dramatic fashion*

Lessons in Letting Go is book number three in the Study Abroad series by smooth talking romance author Jessica Peterson. And honestly after Javier (book 2,) I was super skeptical that she could match the level of heat or depth of emotion that was attained in that story.
As with many things in life - I was wrong and I happily admit it. LILG was
ellieisuhmabookworm
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jessica-peterson
Final Score - 5 Bucket List Worthy Stars!!!

Review to come...
Kaetrin
Nov 13, 2016 marked it as to-read
pre-ordered from Amazon.
Sara
Dec 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was lucky enough to have Jessica Peterson email a request to review the first book in this series and that book, and ultimately this series, holds a special place in my heart. So, admittedly I'm a bit biased. That being said, here is my honest review.

Laura is under a lot of pressure, pressure that mostly comes from her own head. Pressure to conform, to be better, prettier, more successful. I think we can all find a little bit of ourselves in Laura and her insecurities. She is a different kind
Christine Frieseke-Miller
Nov 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was the first book I've read by this author and I couldn't put it down. I finished it all in one day. There was something about Laura and Rhys that intrigued me. With that said....Rhys is the first male hero that after I finished the book, I love him, but I hate him, too. Both he and Laura live for other people. What they do in every day life is about making others happy, not themselves. When they first get together, Rhys just takes from Laura. She is his good luck charm and even though she ...more
Kerry Baker
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
After surprisingly enjoying the second book of the series as much as I did I was excited to get started straight away on this one. At first I hated this book. I found Rhys to be selfish and disliked him intensely although not as much as I hated Laura. She just stood back and allowed Rhys to take what he wanted.
I stuck with it though, despite wanting to put it down a few times, and than god I did. This is my favourite book of the series so far, by a mile. I loved how much Laura grew a backbone an
Lisa  Montgomery
Sep 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the characterization for the hero, Rhys Maddox, but I cannot say the same for the heroine, Laura Bennet. [Note that her last name is "Bennet" and she is "Laura," but not "Lizzy," and Laura attends Meryton University. If this book was meant to be a modern day "Pride and Prejudice," it missed the mark.] That may be my reason for not hating the book, but certainly finding it in search of an identity. Mayhap I thought it was to be a modern P&P and was persuaded in that manner.
Laura is
Noelle Pierce
Dec 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
First, this book spans several months, so it tends to jump in time more than the other two books in the series have. What I liked about that is that it showed that not all character growth happens quickly, and sometimes we backtrack before we get it right.

Love, love, love Rhys!! We all have preconceptions about professional sports players, and Peterson has created a fictional bad-boy footballer whom I will be revisiting again and again. I think what I liked most about him was that he was a relat
Christine
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lessons in Letting Go is another entertaining addition to the Study Abroad series. And while I did enjoy this story a lot, it wasn't my favorite. I had a hard time with Rhys in the beginning and did not like how he treated Laura. It was all about what he wanted to do, but never anything she did. Yes, Laura went along with it for the most part.....but then she realized how toxic their relationship had been. I was so proud of her for walking away, as it truly was in her best interest. Did they kis ...more
Heather
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nope, dnf
I DNF’d around 15%

I usually just don’t bother with college age main characters... I’m in the mood for soccer/football (proper football) stories and I thought maybe I could soldier through the college age heroine thing.

Nope. I find her annoying and I don’t want to bother.

So if you’re checking to see why this isn’t all that helpful.

Also... the author writes at least the French teammate in this awful dialectic transcription that I found annoying. It was a lot of little things that annoyed me
BCD Book Review - Rachel & Jen
Amount of sex 4 / 5
How explicit 4 / 5
Romance 4 / 5
OVERALL 4 / 5

Laura Bennet is super excited to begin her semester abroad in Spain. She creates a bucket list of different activities she would like to accomplish while there. She then meets the hot and sexy Welsh Footballer, Rhys Maddox, who plays for the Madrid team. Rhys has just recovered from a knee injury and hasn’t gotten his game back. His coach, agent, and team all are concerned if he ever will get it back. Having a lot on his shoulders, R
Cyndi
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this series. Fred was one of my favorite book boyfriends. The only negative that I have is the constant crying that the female lead does in each of the book. It’s just a personal peeve of mine. I liked the funny quirks that the males had and appreciated the humor in each of the books in the series. It was refreshing to have new cultural aspects in these books. I recommend this series!
Cheryl Blackburn
For the Love of Football! I love this book!

If you like sports, romance, and comedy this book is for you! Jessica has a great writing style that makes you fall in love with Rhys and Laura, with Spain and Football (soccer). She also has a way making you laugh out loud and not wanting the story to end. Thank you Jessica Peterson you did it again!
Erin
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Meh ... it’s too bad because the first two books in this series were really good! But this one I just skimmed.
It’s predictable and it was hard to get over her seeming like a “cleat chaser” and obsessed fan initially. Instead read AMY DAWS football series (THE CHALLENGE, ENDURANCE, KEEPER, SURRENDER, and DOMINATE).
Lindsay Studstill
Wowwwww this book gave me anxiety in the beginning but that said I found because of this I couldn’t put it down. I had to read the whole thing start to finish in like 3 hours because I HAD to know if things worked out. After all of the anxiety disappeared I actually really enjoyed this book. The story turned out extremely cute and I loved it.
Quinn Fforde
Nov 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There are some plot holes and inconsistencies, but the emotion between the H and h kept me reading.
Rebecca
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW!!!

Omg, I'm new to Jessica Peterson, but I have to say, after reading this book I am having a hard time deciding which of her books is my favorite....
Max
Nov 01, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The drama is just ridiculous.

But I’m hooked.

I’m just ridiculous.
Monica A.
May 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Predictable, but a cute and light read nonetheless!
Lisa
Aug 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An emotional roller-coaster, in a good way (mostly)!
Goodreads Librari...: Cover update request 3 18 Jul 27, 2017 04:22PM

• Clipped Wings and Inked Armour
  • My Mate Jack (Heated Beat #1)
  • Love Sex & Other Games (Part 1)
  • Managed Hearts (Players of Marycliff University, #3)
  • My BFF
  • Inherit
  • Game Plan
  • Rikki (Hart University, #1)
  • Sundial
  • Dirty Sexy Knitting
  • The Finn Factor
  • Kane Richards Must Die
  • Pushing Her Buttons
  • F.M.P. Society
  • The Starter Boyfriend
  • Binary Law (Boston, #1)
  • Blind With Love
  • Come See About Me
Jessica Peterson writes smokin’ hot romance set in her favorite cities around the world. She grew up on a steady diet of Mr. Darcy, Edward Cullen, and Jamie Frasier, and it wasn’t long before she started writing swoon-worthy heroes of her own. She loves strong coffee, stronger heroines, and heroes with hot accents.

She lives in Charlotte, NC with her husband Ben and her smelly Goldendoodle, Martha

Study Abroad (4 books)
  • Lessons In Love (Study Abroad, #1)
  • Lessons in Gravity (Study Abroad, #2)
  • Lessons In Losing It (Study Abroad #4)