Start by marking “Guarding Mr. Fine (Tough Love, #3)” as Want to Read:
Guarding Mr. Fine (Tough Love, #3)

Guarding Mr. Fine

(Tough Love #3)

In this steamy novel of seduction and international intrigue, two brave men are stripped of their defenses—and exposed to dangers and desires that simmer below the surface.

As an agent with the CIA’s special activities division, Seth Lang lives for risk—and yet he’s stuck playing bodyguard to the U.S. consul general in Munich. Although Seth’s last assignment nearly kille
Published February 14th 2017 by Loveswept

Dia
4 stars

I really liked this story. It had a lot of action, suspense, mystery and of course romance. And what a super sexy couple we got!

While reading the first part I thought I'll rate it with 3 stars, but I ended up giving it 4 stars because the second part really kept my heart in knots. And not only because of the suspense, but at one point I was heartbroken for both of them. Thank God the ending melted my heart! *dreamy eyes*

Seth (I adore this name) and Rick had such great chemistry. The se
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
This book is another crazy sexy, thrilling addition to the Tough Love series. Seth was an integral secondary characters in the first two books, and I fell hard for his biting wit and brilliant mind (no, seriously, intelligence is so fucking sexy).

As predicted, Guarding Mr. Fine is stupidly hot. Seth and Rick go at it hard and fast, first as strangers, later as friends.

Seth, who's allergic to relationships and commitment, cannot stay away from Rick. There's just something about the man—with his
Bibi
Jul 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
Steamy and annoying in equal parts and although the suspense and whodunnit was patently obvious, it was an entertaining and well paced read.
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)
description

description

Seth Lang is sent to Munich to play bodyguard to the U.S. consul general. Babysitting a desk jockey isn't Seth's usual MO, but when he sets his eyes on Rick Fine...Mr. Tall, Dark, and Handsome and the man he had a sexy encounter with three days prior, Seth goes from annoyed to intrigued.

Rick Fine had been sent undercover to find out what really happened to the previous consul general. He is going to need all the help he can get and when it turns out his bodyguard is someone from his past things
Jaime
When I find myself laughing at the banter between the characters and then loving how they can take that and move into some hot as hell sex, all while working to bust a smuggling operation that involves the German Consulate...yeah, this I know is going to be a great book! This book checks off all my needs:
1. Two men who already own their sexuality;
2. Mystery yet Romance..Action yet plenty of lovin'
3. Hot as hell sex.
4. Witty Banter between the MC
5. Macho man falling in love.
6. Perfect pacing -
Jewel
Like the first two books in HelenKay Dimon's Tough Love series, Guarding Mr. Fine is a sexy, sexy read. Seth was a favorite character of mine in the first two books, so I was looking forward to his story.

Seth is all gruff and snark, but that's mostly just to keep people from getting too close. You know the type -- the lone wolf alpha male, the person that just can never see themselves falling in love. All the while, secretly hoping they find their other half. Yeah, that type.

Rick is more 'go w
Martin
Apr 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Hot and troubled CIA agent Seth is sent to Germany to bodyguard an interim US General Consul in Munich. What Seth doesn't know is that the consul, Rick, is actually also an agent sent there to investigate in the suicide of the previous consul.

Playing bodyguard for some desk jockey isn't how Seth likes to spend his time, so after arriving in Germany, Seth makes use of his time off before driving down to Munich by hooking up with someone in a gay club. And you may guess who the sexy guy in suit a
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
I have a song that keeps popping in my head whenever I think about the newest addition to the Tough Love series.
"Oh Mickey
You're so fine
You're so fine
You blow my mind
Hey Mickey!
Hey Mickey!"

Unfortunately Mr. Fine is not named Mickey but he is fine! And so is Mr. Wonderful, Seth Lang. OMG

I have a serious crush on these two guys. Not only are they completely HOT, but this story brings in so many of the arenas I love to read about; Special ops, some suspense and thrills, and seriously hot sex. Seth
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*Obviously not for me*⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

This book centers around agent for the CIA’s special activities division (SAD) Seth Lang, aka ‘Tall, Dark and Lethal. Coal black hair and black eyes.’ and the new top man, tactical expert Richard ‘Rick’ Fine, aka ‘Tall, Dark, and Quiet. Short dark hair and Blue Eyes.’. Rick is the new U.S. consul general in Munich, while Seth is set to be his bodyguard. Rick, however, is not just a consul but a black ops CIA, embedded in the State Department and he is in Munic
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
Predictable.

I don't want to nitpick the stuffing out of this thing. In the simplest terms, I was disappointed which is unfortunate but it is what it is and mine is but one opinion.

Mainly I didn't like Seth. I found his professionalism grossly lacking. I understand love clouding one's judgment and the need to be overprotective of a loved one, but when it's essentially instalove... that's a harder sell for me. He's that guy that walks into a room and feels compelled to prove he's swinging the bigg
Fabi
Feb 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
I am SO DISAPPOINTED. I wasn't able to connect with this story at all.

I literally forced myself to finish it. There was skimming involved.

I don't understand how the first two books in this series can be so good and the third miss the mark so widely.

Seth was not the most likeable character in the first two books, but I looked forward to getting to know him better and learning the underlying reasons he is this way. Not only did I not learn anything, I felt as though I were reading about a totally
Chris
Mar 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
3.5 stars for this spy thriller. Rick & Seth had some pretty heavy chemistry going on but strangely I got a bit distracted. Perhaps too many secondary characters? Or perhaps many varied elements to the story. I never fully got into the zone so maybe a re read sometime to see if it just wasn't the right time for me and this book !
Parvathy
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay-book-reviews

4 Stars!

Guarding Mr.Fine is next book in Tough Love Series and tells the story of Seth and Rick. There is action, suspense, intrigue, plenty of page burning sexual chemistry and a beautiful love story.

Seth is tasked with protecting the U.S consul general Rick in Munich. And what he doesn’t know is that he already met Rick as his one night stand before joining for duty. Rick’s mission is to uncover his predecessor’s murderer and having Seth with him is both a blessing a curse. But Rick is also
Meags
4 Stars

Full of romance, action and suspense, Guarding Mr. Fine was exactly the entertaining read I needed this week.

The story follows Rick Fine – who is nerd-sexy and hella intelligent – who begins working (undercover) as the newly appointed diplomat at the German consulate as he attempts to expose the players in an illegal weapons trade.

Not knowing who to trust, Rick is assigned a “bodyguard” in the form of series regular Seth Lang. Seth is a highly trained operation within the CIA’s special
R * A Reader Obsessed *
3.5 Stars

I’ve enjoyed this series about covert government agents doing their spy mojo, all the while trying to not fall for a certain someone in their life. Of course, that pesky thing called lust, attraction, and dare we say love, just keeps on getting in the way, and this time around was no different.

Seth is a top agent within a specialized section of the CIA. He’s a bit disgruntled being saddled with a simple babysitting job which is way below his pay grade, but when he discovers his hot-one-
CrabbyPatty
Guarding Mr. Fine is the third book in HelenKay Dimon's series Tough Love. The first two books featured secret militaristic groups charged with safeguarding the world from terrorists and criminal enterprises.

In this book, Seth Lang is assigned as a bodyguard to the U.S. consul general in Munich. But before he heads to Munich, he meets a hot nerdy guy at a bar in Berlin and they have crazy head-banging sex in a closet. Of course, once he arrives in Munich and meets Rick Fine, the Consul General
Laxmama
Feb 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: insta-love, m-m, netgalley
3.25 Stars for me, ARC review for NETGALLEY. This is my first read for this author, and I started in the middle of the series, possibly affecting my overall feelings about this book. Personally I am not a huge fan of insta-love, I felt this was a bit of. I did not see the true connection prior to the relationship. Not too angsty, but overall I just did not quite connect.
books_and_brew

I think I'm in a book funk. I really did not like this one and I don't know why.

I realize this was the 3rd in the series but the book says it can be read as a standalone. Even though it says that, I felt like I was missing something. I didn't completely understand the connection the two had and I felt like if I had read the first two I would have grasped that better.

Anywho, I'm going to keep on reading and hopefully something pulls me out of this funk.

On to the next!
~Mindy Lynn~
Jul 06, 2017 marked it as to-read
$0.99 on Amazon today! 7/6/17
Ezinwanyi

(view spoiler)
~Kristin~
***4.5 Stars***
This was by far my favorite of the series.
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Jun 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
This was pretty good.

Let me get this out of the way right away. I am so glad Nathan showed his face again. He needs a book, for real.

Ok, now back to Seth and Rick. I loved them together. They fit like two pieces of a puzzle. From the minute they "met" the book just took off. No games, if you need it, I'll give it to you. Yes, I liked them a lot.

The mystery pretty much carried throughout the entire book and truly had me guessing.

The drama at the end was anticipated but how it was resolved just m
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Rosalie's review:

Seth Lang lives his life on the edge. Working for a branch of the the CIA, the SAD unit, he is used to being shot at, and taking the bad guy down. When he receives a "cush" job of watching after a sit in for the US Consul General in Munich after the "suicide" of the previous Consul General, he is a little peeved. He may have just come off active duty where he was almost killed, but he doesn't like a desk job...ever!

Rick Fine has been chose to investigate the so called suicide. H
Christina
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars - 3 Flames

Personal disclaimer: I did NOT read the other books in this series prior to reading this one. Not because they didn't interest me, I just didn't know about them before I saw this book up from grabs. And honestly, this read like a stand alone to me, so I don't think I missed a lot.

I'm pretty sure that this is the first MM Romance I've given a full 5 stars. Usually, the story is all about the chemistry between the two males and yada yada yada. But this? This is amazing! Don't ge
Nadine Bookaholic
HelenKay Dimon is hitting the ball out of the park with this series, all of the men are drool worthy, and the stories are action-packed. I am having a hard time picking one favorite couple because they are all great. I cannot wait to see who gets a story next.

You can see my full review here: https://nadineisobsessedwithbooks.blo...
Hollis
GUARDING MR FINE is my first read by Dimon but it won't be my last. While this read sort've lost steam for me along the way, I was definitely impressed by the solid writing. Not to mention some pretty fine characters.

Characters I did, however, like a heck of a lot more in the early stages of the story than the middle portion.

We open up with the two leads locking eyes across a busy club and naturally this brings about one delicious no-names-no-holding-back hookup. Fast forward a few days and the
Maria Rose
With a perfect blend of sex and suspense, HelenKay Dimon’s third novel in her Tough Love series takes us to Munich, Germany and the suspicious death of the American consul general. Tasked with investigating the supposed suicide and a mystery surrounding discrepancies in medical aid shipments, CIA agent Rick Fine is ready to play the part of an innocuous bureaucrat while looking for answers. What he doesn’t expect is that the sexy stranger with whom he had a one night stand on route to his assign ...more
Georgie-who-is-Sarah
Jun 29, 2017 rated it really liked it

Good straightforward plot and a refreshingly balanced relationship between the MCs. Decent snark dialogue and, as something of an afterthought, a just-this-side-of-bonkers plot.
Anne Boleyn's Ghost
“You were supposed to be a quick lay. Forgettable.” Seth rolled his head from side to side.
Rick grabbed Seth's chin and held him steady. “And you were supposed to be a stop on the way to a job that had me turned around.”

This is the third (perhaps final?) installment of Helenkay Dimon’s Tough Love series. I’ve read all of Dimon’s m/m books and three of her m/f books. While she often employs similar tropes and her characters often have similar quirks, they work and they work well (at least for me)
ConM
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was my favorite of the series, I loved Seth and Rick together.

Fast, minimally angsty, very sexy read. The suspense was good, but this was very heavily a romance book.

----

I wonder if we will be hearing more about the Drummond brothers??
January M/M Group Read - Guarding Mr. Fine - 1 1 Jan 01, 2018 02:59PM

• The Harder He Falls (Kick, #1)
  • Where Death Meets the Devil (Death and the Devil, #1)
  • Daylight Again (Hell or High Water, #3)
  • Just the Thought of You (Mann of My Dreams, #3)
  • Hey, Class President!, Volume 02
  • Man of Many Faces, Vol. 02
  • Nobody's Pawn (Never Veil #3)
  • No Pressure (Accidental Roots,  #2)
  • Collusion (Diversion #2)
  • Fair Chance (All's Fair, #3)
  • Cask Strength (Agents Irish and Whiskey, #2)
  • My Leading Man (The Neeson Boys, #1)
  • Blank Spaces (Toronto Connections, #1)
  • Hostile Ground
  • Croquis
  • The Hidden Life
HelenKay Dimon is a divorce lawyer-turned-romance author. After dedicating years to helping people terminate relationships she now writes romance novels full time. Her books have earned praise, appeared on bestseller lists, won numerous awards and twice been named Red-Hot Reads and excerpted in Cosmo. She sometimes writes erotic romance, sometimes writes romantic suspense and sometimes writes cont ...more

Tough Love (3 books)
  • Mr. and Mr. Smith (Tough Love, #1)
  • The Talented Mr. Rivers (Tough Love #2)