Start by marking “Arms of Promise” as Want to Read:
Arms of Promise

Arms of Promise

A dancer who won’t back down. A soldier indebted to a promise. The only thing more dangerous than the threat pitting them together is the secret keeping them apart.

Contemporary dancer Anna Madison is determined to honor her mom’s memory. With the life she’s built in downtown Chicago hinging on an upcoming audition, now’s the worst time for her childhood best friend—and the
Published August 24th 2016 by Impact Editions, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Arms of Promise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Arms of Promise

Start your review of Arms of Promise
Katie W
Anna and Evan have a past and when he suddenly comes back to town after years away, she is ecstatic. Each have an experience from their joined past that they have internalized in a different way, which has shaped who they are today. Anna's dream of being independent, along with her desire to dance professionally, overshadow everything else. Evan is now an Army Ranger and tougher than ever, yet she still has a sweet spot for Anna and will protect her at all costs.

I found this book to be well-wri
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
I have been reading Crystal Walton's books from the beginning and I swear she just keeps getting better and better. This book was my favorite so far, I think. Do I say that every time? Maybe. But I really loved this book and if I'm telling someone else about Crystal's books, I'm going to say that this one is my favorite. :) If you haven't ever read anything by Crystal Walton, this is a great place to start!

I'm sort of a sucker for second chance at first love kind of books and that is what this o
Kathy Jo
Anna has always dreamed of being a professional dancer. Her mom and her best friend, Evan, have always been her biggest supporters. But when her mom dies in a tragic accident and Evan leaves to join the army without so much as a goodbye, she is lost and doesn't know how to move forward. It's been 5 years and she thinks she's finally back on track to achieving her dreams. Just when things start going right, her world is about to be turned upside down... again. The only thing that is bringing ligh ...more
Melissa
This was a fun weekend read. I liked the idea behind this book and was given a chance to read it for an honest review. The ballerina who is left years ago by the highschool sweet heart has been done to death, but I liked the twist in this that he joined the military and worked his way up. I liked that you got fed the real meat of the story a piece at a time and everything is not told up front. I liked but wanted to smack the heroine upside the head a couple times. She had a Lois Lane complex tha ...more
Melody Cox
May 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reread-list
Excellent book!
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
This book contains some of my favorite elements to read. This is a story about a second chances, independent characters, and suspense. This book is so nicely put together that it is hard to put down.

The two main characters have history. They grew up as best friends that turned into something more for both of them. The problem is that they didn't want to mess up the friendship by letting the other know of their feelings. Their time together ends in confusion for both of them.

This book takes plac
Cynthia Marcano
Oct 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
I found a new author to add to my list of good ones.

Arms of Promise is a clean and intriguing read. Lots of angst and longing. Anna & Evan are just so wonderfully complicated.

Intrigue, action and yearning between two characters who I wholeheartedly routed for, kept me turning pages.

My actual rating is more than 4 but less than 5...I know that's weird.

Although this is a clean read and not a Christian Fiction, I felt like if Jesus was the reason for all of the redemption taking place, it would h
Joleen
Angst, secretive characters, too many interrupted near kisses, incomplete past detail, resistance to protection when one's life is in danger, eye-rolling dialog, poorly read by narrator...
Not my cup of tea.
Fiction Aficionado
Aug 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Crystal Walton is one of those authors whose new releases are automatically on my ‘must read’ list. Her stories have emotional depth, character growth, clean but swoon-worthy romance, and writing that leaps off the page with life and vitality. This one is no exception. It’s everything that is beautiful (and awkward) about falling in love with your best friend, with some great suspense thrown in!

I loved these characters. Evan O’Riley is a modern-day knight in shining armour. He’s highly trained,
Samantha Sim
Aug 19, 2016 rated it did not like it
1.5/5 stars

I got an ARC of this book from Impact Editions, LLC (thank you!) and this is my honest review of it.

"He'd led ambushes in Iraq, assisted Special Forces in Afghanistan, and conducted dozens of raids against Islamic terrorists. Yet, the most dangerous place he'd ever been in was right here in Anna's arms."

This book was just... all over the place, to be honest. I went into it thinking that I was gonna like it, because of the reviews I've seen, but it was such a mess.

First of all,
Julie Jobe
Jul 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It’s crazy the things we can come to believe through tragedies that happen in our lives or through someone telling us the same thing over and over to the point that we believe it whether it’s true or not. In Arms of Promise, both Anna and Evan have some events take place in their pasts that have affected who they are today and even some of the things they believe, though some of those things are not what they appeared to be. This is the story of Anna and Evan finally facing the things they have ...more
Andrea
Aug 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this suspense-filled romance. Anna and Evan, lifelong friends reunited unexpectedly...or not.
Anna wants to be independent and do things her own way. Her father, a powerful DA wants her protected. A high profile case is getting ready to go to court. Anna is not concerned about the danger. Evan (the Army Ranger) just happens to be there to protect her multiple times.
They both want to be more than friends but there are secrets and hurts from the past that are keeping them apart.
I liked
Coco.V
Sep 19, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (9/19/2017)!
Carolynn
Aug 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, adventure
I was given this book in return for my review, and frankly, I would have bet money I had already reviewed it, but evidently not. Anna is a dancer, or was, who is like a fly in amber since the death of her mother several years ago, but especially since her childhood friend and the love of her life suddenly left one night shortly after her mother's death. There was no explanation, no goodbye, he just left. and she still hadn't gotten over it. That hurts almost as much, perhaps, as her mother's dea ...more
Heather Green
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful perfection

Awwww. A swoon worthy hero and a stubborn, irresistible best friend. Clean, humorous, tension, suspenseful. Beautiful in so many ways from healing and helping humanity to arts to friendship, promises and devotion. So sweet and deep. Couldn't get enough of their friendship. Excellent and faithful secondary characters. Some violence. I will read this one again and can't wait for more from this author!
Rebekah
Oct 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Cute read overall

This one was cute but there was a lot of repetition in the story. Also the interruptions building up to the romance seemed to happen one too many times. However, I still enjoyed the overall story.
Content: clean
Religious: Not really. Good principles but doesn't really talk about religion.
Language: Completely clean

Happy reading!
C bond
Aug 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
via netgalley

enjoyed the book. will read more from this author
Larissa
Jan 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Catch it in full at ♀ Bookworm

This book is packed with a promise taken to a whole new level, a very old friend, unspoken love, and 50% of those criminal novels (it lacked a lot) but the suspense and mystery kept me entertained and crying a bit (or maybe it’s PMSing), but at times this book reminded me of that movie with that gal from Dawson’s Creek, where she’s the presidents daughter and she gets involved with her undercover bodyguard/love interest. Anna, our main character ain’t the daughter’s
Beccie
Nov 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Wow, I need to take a break from fluff books and read something intelligent again. Possibly time for a Georgette Heyer re-read :) . This book was clean, fun and romantic, but it had to have the 2 most stupid protagonists ever written. The girl has a whole mob family after her and she refuses to be careful or to have any protection? And the guy is a Ranger and yet sends the girl off on her own so he can stay behind and take on everyone by himself? Seriously, I just couldn't handle their combined ...more
Kerry
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romantic-suspence, ku
I knew this book would be right up my alley from the description, and I enjoyed just as much as I expected. Friends to lovers, protective military hero, ballerina, and a dash of suspense--some of my favorite elements! I really liked the plot, and I connected with the characters right away. There was so much push and pull, and I do wish the characters had gotten together a tiny bit earlier, but overall it was still very enjoyable! 4.5 stars!
Joan Arning
Jul 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Dancer Anna Madison does not realize her life is in danger because of a case her DA father is working on. Her childhood friend, Ranger Evan O'Reilly is in Chicago to protect her. Will they figure out that they have loved each other for years? This romance by Crystal Walton includes lots of action and suspense. The main characters are well-written. I recommend this contemporary story to others. I received my e-book copy from the author. This is my honest opinion.
Brenda Poulos
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a good book with believable characters. It was a bit of a stretch, at times, to buy into their reasoning, but made for an exciting story. The romantic tension between the characters kept me reading. I think the author did a good job with her plot points and keeping the drama going. I don't know what she has planned, next. Maybe if the epilogue had been omitted, I would have felt more of an urgency to read the next book and discover what happens in the lives of Evan and Anna.
Andrea Fisher
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

Just so enjoyed reading this story. Was really sad when it came to an end. Held me spellbound from start to finish. Love Evan and Anna ... just got a bit frustrated that they couldn’t see the truth in one another sooner - but then we wouldn’t have had such a brilliant story!,
Sarita
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a well written, well developed book. This was a new author for me but I will be reading more of her books. I loved both of the main characters even though they frustrated me to no end at times. I also fell in love with the secondary characters which made me wonder, what ends up happening to some of them, especially the kids. Definitely a five star read.
Lillie
This was billed as inspirational romantic suspense, and it is even a bestseller in Christian mystery & suspense, so I was surprised that it wasn't Christian fiction. It is, however, clean and sweet. It's a great story, and there is forgiveness and redemption. But there is no faith element, so I think categorizing it as Christian is misleading. ...more
Jeanie Olson
Aug 16, 2018 rated it did not like it
Going nowhere slowly

I hate to give a low rating on this book but it was boring. I read a lot of books and this one just dragged on. The romance took the whole book to get there and it seemed quite repetitious. Girl likes boy, boy likes girl but they don’t think the other likes them and on and on and on.
Rosalyn
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this Christian romance. It has just enough suspense I was hooked from the first page. Anna and Evan had been best friends their entire life, neither one wanting to compromise their friendship, yet secretly in life with the other. Now Evan must protect her against her wishes of independence.
Crystal Walton is a new to me author, and I will definitely be reading her other books!!
Sue Ferryman
Oct 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great combination of romance and suspense!

A favorite read. This author weaved a story about childhood best friends that has
Looked out for one another throughout their lives. Found themselves in serious life threatening situation, yet had time to make a difference children's lives. I will be reading more of Crystal Walton's work!
S. R. Lewis
Oct 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Suspense and romance

This is an enjoyable book with suspense and romance. The characters do a lot of self-searching and figuring their lives out. It was a bit too slow moving for me but I liked the story.
Mandi Morgan
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Emotional

A very emotional journey. It was sad the situations they kept finding themselves in. Where communication would clear things up pride gets in the way. Good ending. Would have liked to see more of the relationship development after they profess their love.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Calming the Storm (Healing Hearts #1)
  • A Brush Creek Brides Duo: A Wedding for the Widower & A Companion for the Cowboy
  • The Runaway Pastor's Wife
  • The Isaac Project
  • A Nest of Sparrows
  • Canteen Dreams (Nebraska Brides #1)
  • Blue Christmas (Moody Blue, #1)
  • Twins for the Cowboy (Triple C Cowboys Book 1)
  • Coming Home Again (Coming Home Again #1)
  • A Mother's Choice
  • Falling in Love (Secrets of Savannah, #5)
  • A Garden in Paris
  • Crane's Bride
  • Aundy (Pendleton Petticoats #1)
  • Her Heart's Promise (Sweet Hearts of Sweet Creek, #2)
  • The Billionaire's Secret Marriage (Limitless Clean Billionaire Romance #1)
  • Risking Love (Where the Heart Is, #1)
  • That Was Then (Always Faithful #1)
Crystal writes contemporary clean romances with humor, broken characters, and emotional plots full of grace and hope. When her hands aren’t full with her very active, little blue-eyed hero, she's delving into the wonder of words, supporting her Starbucks habit, or laughing over movie quotes with her husband.

Crystal's giving away exclusive bonuses to her subscribers, including:
-A free devotional