Start by marking “Errant Spark (Elemental Trials #1)” as Want to Read:
Errant Spark (Elemental Trials #1)

Read Book

Errant Spark

(Elemental Trials #1)

What can you afford to risk for love if not even your life is your own?

In Egalion’s Imperial court, there is splendor and luxury, but it’s also a realm of treachery. Cloak-and-dagger political maneuvering threatens to destroy the peace of two thousand years.

Battlemage Jex Xander has a mouth that gets him into trouble; while in contrast, Enari Namelum speaks not at all. Am
Published July 1st 2016 by Ronelle Antoinette

To ask other readers questions about Errant Spark, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Errant Spark

Stacey is Sassy

Talk about a rocky start…

Oh boy!! Ladies and Gents, take a seat and fasten your seatbelts. This is going to be one rocky review.

Bloody Hell!!

In the nicest possible way…I did not like the first 30% of Errant Spark. We are forced to read through a mess of explanations, introductions and word creations (?!?) that made my eyes roll, when they weren’t squinting. There were times where I was scratching my head in confusion.

You know how when there’s an alternate world and you need to create words for
Tasha and Megan Mahoney
I found the story slow to get started because there was so much information to share, it did improve and was ok but it didn't hit the right spot for me and I think that a large amount of that was that the narrator and the story didn't seem wonderfully suited to each other. I did like the way that Ginny Ross voiced the characters and represented the non verbal aspects of characterisation. I did like Ginny Ross' narration technique, I just didn't think it was right for this book.

Now to focus on th
Minx -The Genre Minx Book Reviews
This review is based on a digital copy I received from Ronelle Antoinette. It is an honest and voluntary review and the complimentary receipt of it in no way affected my review or rating.

The synopsis of this book gives you just a taste of what is to come and I mean that when I say just a taste. This is more than a romantic fantasy! The prose was well thought out and complex. As there is an Imperial Court and a political element to this story there are many characters involved. Many of those char
Book Gannet
DNF@30%

Despite looking forward to reading this book, I struggled to get into it. Most of this is because of the writing style at the beginning. There’s a lot of information to wade through and the constant switching between characters and a general viewpoint didn’t help. It had been a while since I last read the blurb, so I had no idea which characters I was supposed to be caring about and couldn’t find much to like about any of them.

Particularly Jex. Everybody wants to sleep with him, he’s quit
Linda Samuals
Dec 26, 2016 rated it did not like it
I decided to look past the dreadful cover and take a chance as the reviews were good. I must have been reading a different book. Confusing characters and inept storyline which jumped all over had me shelving this at around the half way mark.
Stephanie M.
Oct 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Enari, born a mute and motherless grew up among female healers, learning their ways as an apprentice.
Her life turns upside down when summoned to the palace to assist in a royal birth.

Jex is a battle mage, trained by the high mage who took him under his wing since childhood. He's cocky, sarcastic and doesn't know when to shut his mouth.

Maybe falling for a mute may change his talkative approach.... or not.

Assigned to bring the healers safely to the palace, Jex has his work cut out for him.

Enari
Dark Erotic Books
Jan 29, 2017 rated it did not like it
I had a hard time reading because of the amount of information that is dumped on the reader at the beginning.

The formatting is horrible, because the author switches between characters constantly and there is no formatting to help distinguish between them.

As for the characters? Dull. Apart from Jex, who is arrogant and completely unlikable.

Don't let me start with the old-fashioned culture. The Tor comes to power by marrying the Tora, who in return is degraded to bearing children and taking care o
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
One talks, too much, too openly without filter. The other says nothing and tends to be very observant. I have gotten myself accustom to the female being the one with the mouth that goes on for days and not filter in place. It was enjoyable to find a man that has the same issue, Jex. Enari was a bit too quiet but she knew when words were needed. She learned early that speaking could lead to avenues untraveled. And that was not always a good thing. She was intelligent and resourceful.

I am wonderi
Boyko Ovcharov
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Nice Title!

It is a nice read by all means, but I liked the fantasy bit more than the romantic one. Perhaps I do like shorter books too. Othertwise, well done indeed!
Rhonda Hasty
Oct 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a good read a little sliw at times but overall I enjoyed it.
Nerine Dorman
May 13, 2018 rated it liked it
I wanted to like Errant Spark. Really. And it’s not often that I will end up giving a three-star review, but this is one of them. The author seriously needed structural edits, as well as some copy edits (discrete instead of discreet, anyone?). The number of errors I encountered throughout this book was phenomenal. The head-hopping as it is nearly drove me dilly.

That being said, I quite enjoyed the world building, and if the author had been reined in by an editor, I think this could have been qui
Kay Kuever
Jan 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, audiobook
Woah. There is a lot more going on in this book than I was expecting. I hear romantic fantasy, I think enjoyable but not much depth. Errant Spark is much different, though. There is lust, instant attraction, political turmoil, noble stress, magic and intrigued. There are so much world building and character development in this first book of the series. By the end, I felt comfortable with the new terms I had learned about the world and had fallen in love with so many characters. There is so much ...more
Stephanie
Nov 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Link: https://holedupinabook.blogspot.com/2...

My mind is still tumbling around trying to sort out my feelings about this book. There were definitely a few things that I wish were different: the slow pace of the beginning of the book, Enari, mainly because I didn’t really get her or her way of thinking, and the magical aspect. However, there were also a lot of things that I did enjoy: Jex, the relationship between him and Enari, and the magical and political plot.

I always like to discuss what I d
Shelly
Sometimes, nothing gives me greater satisfaction that going out of my comfort zone. So I was excited about trying a genre that I don't normally read. The last fantasy I read and enjoyed was many years ago so I thought the time was due for another one. I really enjoyed Antoinette's debut novel. I listened to the audiobook version and while I have the ebook in my position, I decided to review the audio version.

What captivated me the most was the world building. That was first rate. Antoinette's g
Sharon Dwyer
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A little fantasy, a little romance, and a lot of palace intrigue. This is a story about how lives become intertwined and destinies are slowly revealed. A visit to the court of Tor Brinon and Tora Aelani becomes more than what it initially was intended for Battlemage Jex Xander and the High Mage Eryk, brother to Tora Aelani. Murder, mayhem, and the miraculous birth of the child of Tora Aelani, lives are changed, some for the better and some not so much.
We experience the love growing between Enar
Diane Griffiths
Aug 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
In the begging I was having a hard time keeping all the characters and places and politics together. I did enjoy Jex and his personality throughout the story. I enjoyed the story and the details of it. Sometimes it was a little slow for me and I found myself speed reading some of the paragraphs. But in general I liked the storyline, magic and the suspense,

I did get into it towards the middle of the book and could not put it down. If you like Game of Throwns, you would enjoy this book!!
Sabrina
There is intrigue in court life, Goddess worship and lots of action in this book. Enari thinks she is just a simple novice but during this adventure she finds out she has much more to herself than she ever imagined.
I found the reading quite stilted but still enjoyed the story.
I received this audiobook at no-cost from Audiobookworm Promotions. The gifting of this audiobook did not affect my opinion of it.
Jolie
Sep 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Before I start my review, I would like to thank Ronelle Antoinette for allowing me to review Errant Spark.

**All opinions stated in this review are mine and mine alone. I received Errant Spark from Ronelle Antoinette for free for my honest review**

Now onto my review:

I am a huge fan of fantasy. Like a huge fan, about 90% of the books I read (and don’t review) are fantasy. So, when I was approached by Ronelle Antoinette to read Errant Spark and I read the blurb, I was very excited and couldn’t wait
Lynn Reynolds
Feb 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Would you recommend this audiobook to a friend? If so, why?
I would recommend to someone who is looking for something different. Being the first book in a series, they will find that it starts off slow but if they're a patient person they won't be disappointed by the end.

Who was your favorite character and why?
It's a toss up between Jex and Anari. Jex is a man who takes a shine to a woman of very few words but that doesn't stop him from communicating with her. Anari may not have much to say but t
Nina DuBois
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

It is books like Errant Spark that remind me why I love to read. The feeling of being consumed by a story from the first page is a feeling unlike any other. The enthralling storyline and characters is enough to make you fall in love.

So on to the things that I love about this wonderful masterpiece. The writing is so engaging that I had a hard time putting it down. Even when I finished reading it, it was stuck on my mind. Ronelle Ant
Sophie
Feb 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Errant Spark mostly kept me entertained. I really enjoyed the plot for the book. It was filled with some great characters as well as those who I did not like. It was wonderfully written and for most of it kept a good pace.

Though it started very slow, once it picked up it was fantastic. It was hard to put down once I reached chapter 7 or 8.

There were some great characters but my favourite would be Jex Xander. He often got himself into trouble but also had a great sense of humour. I also really en
Barbara Strickland
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received this book free in exchange for an honest review. I would have gladly paid for it as I loved it. Although it did feel slow to start it held my attention and I followed my gut feeling. My gut feeling was that this was going to be, very good reading, and it didn't disappoint me.

It is a beautiful and romantic fantasy with clever world building, and characters that grow on you. At first they don't seem out of the ordinary (just like the beginning of the book) and yet as the pages are turne
Lynn  2 Girls & A Book
Jan 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
If you are a fan of Game of Thrones, you are sure to love Errant Spark by Ronelle Antionette. At the heart of the story there are several ruling families and each seems to have his or her own agenda at play. Like GOT there is a power struggle going on with loads of conniving people each making a play for power in some way. You cannot trust anyone because as the story progresses you discover that everyone has secrets. EVERYONE.

On the down side this story started off very slow. Considering all the
Laura Ruetz
Dec 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would give them 4.5 stars. As somebody who was raised on fantasy and sci-fi, I was thrilled with this book. It is fantasy done right, with a world that is different from our own, but relatable. The language, the mannerisms, and the people are all intuitively woven into the story so the reader quickly catches onto what the words mean by their context. It makes the story feel organic, because it isn't explained as much as experienced as you read.

Jax is a great character and his personality shine
Paranormal Books R Us
Errant Spark Review

A pleasant surprise! The first quarter of the book was full of quite a few people, places, and politics and was a bit hard to keep up with but I am glad I did. Once past all the introductions the story quickly made up for lost time by weaving a compelling tale of murder mystery and magic. I grew to like the characters very much especially Jex and Enari. His sass and her quiet nature played off each other perfectly. A few of the others were also equally enjoyable. Between the e
Tammy J Rizzo
Nov 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book quite a bit!

Full disclosure: I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. And honestly, the book could benefit from an editor's touch, BUT, it was well enough written to be enthralling from beginning to end. The sex scenes were quite enjoyable, too, and very arousing! This is the beginning of a series, and I want to read more! I want to know what happens to these characters, who is working to bring down the kingdom and why, and whether or not they'll
Elisabeth Hamill
Oct 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really loved reading this book. The author's world building is exquisite and complex. The characters are fantastic. I was lucky enough to read this in early form, and it was excellent even then. This is one hell of a debut, and I'm eagerly looking forward to her next book.
Susan Holdman
Oct 04, 2016
Mehak
Jul 23, 2018
Adam
Nov 02, 2016
  • Rhapsody and Rebellion (Enduring Legacy #7)
  • Ruthless (Nomad Outlaws Trilogy, #1)
  • Shenanigans (Shenanigans, #1)
  • Take a Chance on Me (MyHeartChannel Romance)
  • Demons on the Dalton (Hell Holes #2)
  • Love Unexpected (The Saunders Family Saga #1)
  • Hard Drive: A Bad Boy Billionaire Romance (Tech Titans Book 1)
  • Make Me, Sir (Doms of Decadence, #5)
  • Rogues to Lovers
  • The Songs of You and Me
  • Persephane Pendrake and the Cimaruta
  • Dragon Unleashed (The Fallen Empire, #2)
  • Raging Sea (Stone Circles, #2)
  • Finding Gaia
  • The Ugly Teapot: Book One: Hannah
  • Cars, Coffee, and a Badass Ninja Toilet (Julia Karr #1)
  • Omega's Choice (Black Ridge Wolf Pack, #1)
  • Burned Bridges (The Crossing #1)
Ronelle Antoinette lives in Colorado with her husband, two cats, one dog-who-believes-he's-a-person, and a small army of nieces and nephews. She is a lover of fantasy in all its forms, but has a particular soft spot for romantic fantasy.

Elemental Trials (2 books)
  • Flash Point (Elemental Trials #2)