Start by marking “Family Portraits: A Dearest Friends Continuation” as Want to Read:
Family Portraits: A Dearest Friends Continuation

Family Portraits: A Dearest Friends Continuation

In Dearest Friends, Pamela Lynne drew complex and interesting characters who joined Darcy and Elizabeth on their road to happily ever after. But, what happened after ‘the end’? Did Lydia survive her time at Rosings? Did Jane find fulfillment as Mrs. Bingley? Did Mary and Sebastian adhere to duty or allow their hearts to lead them? Follow the Fitzwilliams, Bennets, Gardiner ...more
Published September 3rd 2016 by Vanity and Pride Press

To ask other readers questions about Family Portraits, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Family Portraits

Debbie Brown
I received an ARC from the author in exchange for a fair and honest review

2.5 stars, rounded up to 3 stars

Those who loved Dearest Friends and were clamoring to know the fates of all the characters will find the answers in this sequel, although they may not be as happy with the picture painted for some characters. Because these extended family members are rarely in the same location, we follow multiple storylines. We start in 1812 and end in 1822, plus there’s an epilogue. The couples start havin
ana darcy
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jaff
I have really enjoyed reading how life went after "Dearest Friends".
The Fitzwilliam are a handful hehhe
Mary :)
Erika
The conclusion for Dearest Friends

~~~I received an ARC of Family Portraits by Pamela Lynne for an honest review!~~~

Disclaimer: this is the sequel to Dearest Friends, and I will say you must read them in order to understand what is going on.

When we left Dearest Friends, Ms Lynne had me in tears with a tormented heart over the situation with Sebastian Fitzwilliam and Mary Bennet. I could tell that there would be another book, but I was still having such a hard time accepting their fate.

With Famil
Talia
Sep 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
As I closed the book after reading the last page, I felt complete. I will be reaching for these two books over and over again to reread. Pamela Lynne gave me everything I wanted and more. Thank you so much for writing these two. I request a wonderful Col Fitzwilliam book now.

Reread: I read this book and the previous one out of order and think I liked them even more! Terrific books!
Sophia
Dearest Friends was a very special book for me to read. I adore Austenesque variations and encountering new to me authors. I was enchanted by that book, but felt there was more to the ongoing story of the extended family group of characters.
I imagine it wasn't easy for the author to pick up her pen once again and satisfy her readers not only with an ongoing story, but a story that stayed consistent yet was fresh with the earlier book. The author accomplished this all so very well. I read Family
Leslie
Oct 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
To celebrate completing my 2016 Reading Challenge I decided to treat myself with this title. I absolutely adored the first book in the series Dearest Friends https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2... and this book was a wonderful sequel.

This really isn't a stand alone book; because many of the characters are so altered that you might feel confused. The story begins with a series of letters the first between the Viscount Hedley (the oldest son of the Earl of Matlock) and his brother Richard Fitzwi
Meredith (Austenesque Reviews)
A Riveting Sequel with Our Dearest Friends!

(Note: This is a sequel to Pamela Lynne’s Pride and Prejudice variation, Dearest Friends, and it is recommended you read that story prior to reading this one.)

In Dearest Friends, Pamela Lynne shows readers what happens when Darcy and Elizabeth lose the trust, friendship, and support of those closest to them. Darcy and Elizabeth are hurt badly by the betrayal and selfishness actions of those they love, but by chance become reacquainted in London and find
Sheila Majczan
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is not a stand alone story. It is the continuation of Dearest Friends as it states. You must read the first book in order to understand where we enter. And it is with much angst that this story picks up again.

This story has 3 sections: set in 1814, 1817 and 1822. The first two more or less tell us of the families in general: the Bennets, the Bingleys, the Darcys and the Fitzwilliams...along with Lady Catherine and Anne de Bourgh. We first begin reading about the fallout in the Bingley fami
Susan
The story continues on from 'Dearest Friends' and we discover what happens to all the various families and characters from Pride and Prejudice, plus a few new characters.
A lovely read, wonderful characters and an engaging style of writing. The only reason I have not given it five stars because they are only given for the second read through, but I was tempted.
J. W. Garrett
“The most important thing in the world is family and love.” –John Wooden

Rating: MA: mature audience, explicit sex scenes.

This followed the first book ‘Dearest Friends’ and it is recommended that it should be read first. Mainly due to the fact “Friends” is way off-off canon… there is a lot of OOC [out of character] behavior and it will be hard to follow otherwise. So much is introduced in the first book including many new characters.

The Prologue begins with a series of letters between friends an
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
I have to say that I had to stop reading and go back to book one (Dearest Friends). I thought I could just jump in but I loved that I went back because now I have the entire picture. A picture that I can go back to again and again. I must caution you to start from the beginning. I made the mistake but fixed it. Now I can warn you to not make that mistake. The journey that you get will be enjoyed that much more if you begin at the beginning.

I was just amazed by the depth and scope of the familia
Patricia Edmisson
Aug 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received an advanced review copy of Family Portraits. I was looking forward to reading this continuation of Dearest Friends based on the Fitzwilliam brothers' letters she released as a teaser. I was greatly impressed. She began the story right where the other one left off.

I found this story was well written and well worth the read if you would like to see how the Dearest Friends continues into the future. Do Sebastian and Mary have their own happily ever after? What happens to Georgiana, Kitt
Michelle Voorheis
Sep 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Nisi
Sep 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect!

Both books combined all the elements that make this a flawless JAFF story for me. I laughed (really I LMAO), there were strong female characters (both good and bad), I was sad and frustrated (but not overly so where I wanted to skip to the end of the book to see what happened or throw my Kindle against the wall), there were scenes to satisfy the pervy-horde : ) , and there was a HEA for the characters that I cared about. Can't get any better than that for me!
Deb Hughes
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful continuation of Dearest Friends

What a fabulous read! I could not put it down. The character surprises and development was just wonderful! The sense of humor infused through the characters made me laugh out loud!!!! Soooo enjoyable!!!
Gail
Sep 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever read a book that you enjoyed and wished that the author would add an extensive Epilogue because you had such fun with the characters and you really were not ready for their stories to end? For me, that was Pamela Lynne’s novel Dearest Friends. While her Family Portraits is a good book on its own, it is intended to be read after Dearest Friends. In fact, it is the loveliest of all Epilogues – a full book that is an extended gift for the reader in portraits, or snapshots, of what hap ...more
Angela Withrow TheArdentReader
Having read the first book, Dearest Friends, I was ready for whatever Pamela Lynne had to say. I love the way she adds meaningful people to our already wonderful cast of characters. This story was fun! It did move around quite a bit since the families are all spread out now, but I found that very entertaining!
Mary's role in this book was a wonderful revelation! I love her in DF, but even more so here. Jane may have suffered a bit too much in this one, only because Caroline is such a horrid perso
Becky
May 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Have you read Dearest Friends? Especially for a JAFF fan, it is well worth your time. When you are done, Family Portraits, the sequel, is a must! Here you will find the continuing saga of all our favorite P&P characters. Pamela Lynne does not just show us the path to HEA for Darcy and Elizabeth. Here we get to follow the Darcys, Fitzwilliams, Bennets, Bingleys, Gardiners.....what trouble is Caroline causing? Do Charles and Jane find happiness? What is Lady Catherine up to? Lydia? Kitty? Do M ...more
Daniela Quadros
Sep 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you love Dearest Friends as I do, I am sure you are going to be thrilled about Family Portraits. It is a wonderful book that tells the story of the Fitzwilliams, Darcys, Bingleys and Bennets throughout the years. Mary and Sebastian's story is particularly my favorite in this book and to be able to witness their love surviving so many obtacles was beautiful. Pamela Lynne has a way with words, her characters are so complex and the story just flows so easily that you regret when it ends. I highl ...more
Teresita
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a wonderful family history it gives a wonderful glimpse into the lives of Darcy and Lizzy's relatives, their marriages, their changes through life.

Masterfully written, it is entertaining and will take you to feel their anger, love, pain, but mostly their love.
Donna
Aug 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
See review on Amazon. I hope to add here soon.
Gail Frisby
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

Good reading, love how the families meshed together. Lady Catherine and Lydia a big surprise. The Fitzwilliams are a mess.
Julia M
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful

What a wonderful series! I loved it.
It really pulled at my heart strings. So much love, angst, loss and understanding.
JMarcy
Sep 17, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: jaff-regency
A sequel to Dearest Friends set in three parts, each set five years apart. It pertains to others more than the Darcys, especially Mary, then Jane to a lesser degree. The Darcys are there, but not in as prominent a role as the first book. The ten year span sees great changes for Mary, and in turn Sebastian, but Jane reaps all the "benefits" of her selfish elopement with Bingley.
billie young
Jul 11, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Who were those people?!

The story itself wasn't bad, but to change the characters so much as to make them unrecognizable is horrendous. Had the author simply written a story in two parts without thing it into Jane Austen of pride and prejudice, it would not have been bad, depressing, but not bad. To try to align it with pride and prejudice is unfortunate.
Paloma Hdezc
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was shorter than the first book but I really liked it, especially since I wanted to know what was going to happen with Mary and Sebastian. It took them so long but I was a fan of their story! I would have liked more chapters with Elizabeth and Darcy, I think they just got 3 chapters!
This story could really be a TV- Series!
Christie Serrano
Love!

It has been awhile since I've loved a variation of P&P, but these books are wonderful! So many great ideas and a view of what a real family looks like flaw and all. Well done Ms. lynne!
Nick Herrera
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lovely lively

Lovely and lively. It was a perfect balance of life without being overly dramatic or riské. A good read by itself or following its predecessor.
Jose J Grillo Alverio
La historia que no debe acabar

Ojalá la Sra. Lynne continúe pintando estos retratos de familia en otra secuela. Nos ha dejado con deseos de más Fitzwilliams.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

Pamela Lynne grew up in the American South, surrounded by Southern Gothic works by Faulkner, O'Connor and the like. These authors helped shape her evolving mind and continue to influence everything she produces as an adult. It was a Regency-era wit from across the Atlantic, however, who lit a life-long interest in 19th Century England.

Pamela cites Jane Austen as her primary literary influence and