Start by marking “Destructive (Combative, #3)” as Want to Read:

Destructive

(Combative #3)

Some villains are made.
Some villains are born.
And some villains aren’t villains at all.

Nate DeLuca was born into a life he didn’t want.
Forced to walk a path that was already chosen for him.
Grandson to a mob boss, he’s forever torn between his duty, his honor, hislegacy, and the truth.
But the truth is never simple, and it’s not at all what it seems.

In a world full of
Published January 6th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Destructive, please sign up.
Caitlin Goodman Yes, the first book is called Combative, the second is Redemptive. If you're thinking about reading them, I say definitely because they are amazing!…moreYes, the first book is called Combative, the second is Redemptive. If you're thinking about reading them, I say definitely because they are amazing! All of Jay's book are incredible. I won't tell you details, because that's mean, but it's a bit of a cliffhanger right now, hence all of the questions about when the heck this is supposed to come out, or even a summary. But yeah, you should definitely read it if you haven't already! :)(less)

Start your review of Destructive (Combative, #3)
Christy
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-five-stars
5+ stars

photo 7446AB0E-A62E-417A-9E76-43EF8AB269E1_zpsf4rtklqj.png
Every day, we rise.

This book is one I've been waiting for for YEARS. I read the first book in this series in May of 2015, so it's been a while, but let me tell you... It was so worth the wait! I loved it so much that when I finished it in late December, I rearranged all my top reads of the year and put it in the top 3. It was that good.

Nate is one of my favorite characters Jay has ever written and this book just solidified that. He's not perfect, but I believe he does the best
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FIVE STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

I walk away, fighting against my craving to be near her. Because my mind knows it as much as my heart does…that I’d rather die a thousand deaths beside her than live a single day without.

”DESTRUCTIVE”, the third and final installment of Jay McLean’s ”Combative” series, was gut-wrenchingly angsty, and at times I wanted to step away from it for fear of having my heart shattered into a million pieces. What I can say to those of you who have
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
I NEED A DATE!!! Someone give me a dateeeeeeeeee!!!!
Nate, Ky, Bailee, Tiny, Aroma??? Pleaseeeeee.
I NEED IT!!!!!!!
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
24993460-SX540
redemption

5 TINY TACO SHELLS!!

DESTRUCTIVE: Is the third and final, full length book in the Combative Trilogy. Spoken in 'Dual Perspectives.'

I don't even know how to go about the writing up of this review!! But what a BANG to leave 2019 with..

Three Lives.
Two Loves.
One ticking time bomb…
Tick tock.

AND SO THE STORY BEGINS..

Nates family tree within the mafia organisation can be traced back to his nonno who was the original Don. The Godfather, making Nates mother a princess and crowning him a
~Dawn~TUG
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beta reader...review
TICK...TOCK...It's GO time
Some romances are imminent, you open the book and you know how it will play out, this is not that love story. These souls are battered, they have seen the worst of people and done the worst of things, but they rise. They fall. They love. Hard. I can't properly articulate my absolute adoration for this one. Destructive is a hardened glance at not giving up, of not surrendering to the bad, and to always deserving the more. Although not an easy story to
Melanie (mells_view)
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
I always feel extremely cliche saying that Jay McLean has done it again, but seriously you guys, JAY MCLEAN HAS DONE IT AGAIN. Most of us have been waiting an admittedly long time for this book. We were so invested in this series that we have been pestering this woman non-stop demanding some answers. Well, I will say that the wait was worth it. Waiting for her characters to speak to her was WELL FREAKING WORTH IT.

I promised that I wouldn’t spoil anything, so I can’t go into too much detail, but
Jen
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m not quite sure how to write this review without giving anything away. Jay McLean stole my heart so long ago and she’s held a part of it since then. With every word and every book, I’m more than in love with every word she writes.

I never know where the road will take me and even though her words should be more than enough, I’m always left wanting more—the heartache and hope she delivers kicks you in the gut, yet you’re always reminded of that first and forever love. So you push through, then
Curlyhairlass19
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
I’m not even sure that I can wax eloquently with this review, but I will try and get a few words out. Wow..just wow!! Did Jay McLean do it or what?! What a wild and crazy ride! I am shook. If you want something dark and edgy, then this trilogy is for you. Totally different than anything I’ve ever read from Jay, and I love it! I love books that have insane twists and turns, and this one totally threw me for a loop. I loveeee Nate, and Bailey. Such strong characters, and the romance. It was a slow ...more
Kelly
10 MOTHA-F***ING STARS right HERE!!!!! I'm speachless!!!
Mhy Gerona Guray
Jun 15, 2017 marked it as to-read
I FUCKING NEED THIS IN MY LIFE!
LaShanta Charles
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Where is this book????
Yours Truly, Diana *The Evil Witch*
Solved Mysteries, Broken Hearts & a Gut-wrenching Love
*arc generously provided by the author in exchange for an honest review*

description

“In a land of gods and monsters, I was an angel
Living in the garden of evil
Screwed up, scared, doing anything that I needed […]
You got that medicine I need
Dope, shoot it up straight to the heart please
I don't really wanna know what's good for me
God's dead, I said 'baby that's alright with me'”

Gods & Monsters – Lana Del Rey

What’s this book about? (I'm trying to
Jill
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Every day we rise

Woah woah woah!
5 + stars!!!

I’m speechless. This book had me in literal heavy tears after throwing me into a pit of emotion churning it round and spitting me out again.
There is not a lot I can say without giving anything away.
This book is the epic 3rd installment to the combative series . And boy was it incredibly hard and beautiful to read.

Book one we meet Madison (bailey) and kyler and although it was a story of heartbreak and healing it left us with a lot of questions . We do
Garden Of REden
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
As I sit here, dumbfounded at the end of a long, painful, mysterious, and profound trilogy, all I can utter is “WOAH” like an idiot. I didn’t know what to expect going into Destructive as the first two books were so different, to begin with, and only giving a few clever clues here and there.

The plot was already twisted, and McLean turned it up to 11 in this final book. I felt like each page I read unfolded a new layer or turn in the plot, and with each of those, I grew more impressed. This isn’t
Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri
4.5 Buckle up and get ready for another suspense-filled roller coaster ride. Destructive is the final book in Jay McLean's Combative trilogy. Jay brilliantly tied up all the loose ends of the first two books. This last book was equally chaotic, gritty, and unputdownable. I waited for years for this book and can tell you that it was worth the wait. I skimmed the first two books in the trilogy, and the story came right back to me! This binge-worthy series must be read in order.
Kenzie Mooney
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*I was generously provided an ARC for my honest review*

And now, my heart has stopped beating. As usual, I am left utterly and completely SPEECHLESS by my favorite author. You know when you wait forever for a book to come out & hype it up so much in your mind that you just know it couldn’t POSSIBLY live up to your expectations? Sure that happens for some books, but not this one. NEVER THIS ONE! I mean, are you kidding? Are you JOKING? Did I read what I just read????

Y’all remember my
Amy March (Between the Screens)
Forget every single thing you thought you knew going into this book. This story, this conclusion to the trilogy, it blows everything to smithereens. It annihilates your heart, feelings and common sense. It calls into question your sanity as a reader, because we chose to love these beautifully broken characters who were so sure to destroy us from the very beginning.

I went into this book truly believing there was no good way to end things, it’s not that I don’t have complete faith in Jay McLean
TheMommaBookClub
Destructive [The Combative Series, Book Three] by Jay McLean

𝘉𝘶𝘵 𝘮𝘢𝘺𝘣𝘦 𝘐 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘪𝘵’𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘮𝘦 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘦𝘯𝘥. 𝘐 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘪𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘵, 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘪𝘦𝘳𝘤𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘤𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭 𝘐 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘯 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘦𝘭𝘴𝘦. 𝘐𝘵’𝘴 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦, 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘢𝘵 𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦. 𝘉𝘦 𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘦, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦.
*~*~*~*
𝕊𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕪𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕖: Once upon a time Nathaniel and Bailey were desperately in love. Nathaniel was the safety in her dangerous
K.  Ramjohn
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Destructive, the 3rd book in the Combative series was so much more than I expected, it was the perfect conclusion to this trilogy. This story brought the first two books together and ties it all up perfectly. The revelation, the heartbreak, the love, the friendship, the twists and turns all had me glued to the pages unable to put it down.
This was an epic love story but it was not an easy one. The author wrote these characters in a way that made them likable especially with all they had to face.
Dawn
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow just wow!

OK i am not going to lie I read the first two books in the series eons ago and at the time of finishing I remember thinking I cannot wait for the next book! Mrs McLean has been busy for a while other projects and babies so the series was put in the back burner so when the announcement came that we had a release date I couldn't really remember why i loved the other two (not that it would have mattered I will rad anything this woman releases) anyway after a binge read of the first
Jill
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Every day we rise

Woah woah woah!
5 + stars!!!

There is not a lot I can say without giving anything away.

Kathy Christoferson
LOVED IT!!

Tic. Tock. So worth the wait! The pace of Nate’s story will leave you breathless. The way Jay weaved the first two books into the timeline was pure genius and the twist and turns? Gah!! So good. It would be impossible to tell you more without revealing spoilers—just know, this is some of Jay’s best work and a must read!!
NiCoLeTa E.
***6 "To love freely!!!" stars***

...EVERY DAY WE RISE...

This story destroyed me for good!!!!
My heart was shattering in million pieces through out the entire book, but thank God that Jay pieced me back together and she left a huge smile on my face!!!
Honestly, guys!!! This story will be one that I'm gonna savor for the rest of my life!!!
Yes, i cried a lot in here and i cried very ugly, but it was worth it!!!!
Every second worth it!!!!

"I'd never had to wonder what it felt like to have a broken
Frances
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, arc-s
They say good things come who those wait.... Well we waited and OHMYGOSH IT'S SO GOOD!
This is the book all you Jay fans have been waiting for, the final book of the Combative Trilogy.

I can honestly say I was scared I was going to be completely lost going into this book. I did review/skim the last two and it refreshed my memory. I wanted to reread them completely, but didn't have time. I'm kind of glad I didn't because it was like getting to know the characters again.
NATE (bleeepin') DELUCA
Mel
4.5 stars!

The Combative Trilogy is complete!! I devoured Combative and Redemptive , so it’s no surprise that I would devour the last book in the trilogy. Destructive is a fantastic mix of mystery, suspense, and romance, and an emotional ending to a must read trilogy.

The characters in the first two books blend together in a fascinating way and it’s impossible not to be addicted to their stories. I adored Madison and Ky from book one, I loved Bailey and Nate from book two, and now they are
Caz
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don’t know where to start this book and series has blown me away but did i expect anything less from a Jay McLean book.

I re read the first two as i had read them a while ago and normally i don’t normally re read but i am so glad i did the experience for the third book made it so much more fresh and emotional and i was completely sucked in.

I must admit this was only one of a few books or series that i really didn’t know who i wanted Bailey to end up with i was in love with both guys for such
Annelyse
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘭𝘬 𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘺, 𝘧𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘵 𝘮𝘺 𝘤𝘳𝘢𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘩𝘦𝘳. 𝘉𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘴 𝘪𝘵 𝘢𝘴 𝘮𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘢𝘴 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘥𝘰𝘦𝘴… 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘐’𝘥 𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘥𝘪𝘦 𝘢 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘢 𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘭𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘺 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵.
—————————————————
My god, this book completely destroyed me and then put me back together in the best way. I’ve waited three years to find out Nate’s story and let me tell you, Jay McLean did not disappoint with this one and you won’t be sorry about the long wait. I loved finding out why Nate was the way he was
Shh!! Me Time!!
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was an ARC on this book and provided in exchange for an honest review.

This book starts off a little bit before the first book started. This time we get Nate DeLuca's and Bailey's side of the story on how it all began. I feel like if I give too much detail about the book it will give too much away. I want you to read these books and have no idea where this book is going.
This series was a puzzle and at the end of the book all the pieces are in place.

My emotions were all over the place which
*P
3.5 Stars
***If you have not read the first two books in the series, stop now. Do Not Proceed any further as I would hate to ruin the experience for you.

This review is tough for me. I have been waiting for this book for forever so I decided to reread the other two. In the first book I loved Kyler. In the second book I loved Nate. I had no idea what to expect in this book.

There is some pretty neat intrigue built up around the history these characters have on their own and share independently. I
Sam
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So, here’s the thing... I am going into 2020 with the biggest book hangover of my existence.
There.
I said it.
I planned on this year being ‘THE YEAR’ I get back into the swing of reading ALL the books the world has to offer. I haven’t read many books at all over the past year, because life got in the way, I did enjoy some rereads here and there, a few fantastic new books, but that is it. I’ve missed it and so here I’ve been, adding so many books to my note pad that I can tick off once completed
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Release
  • Hearts and Thorns (Magnolia Cove, #3)
  • The Guy on the Left (The Underdogs, #2)
  • Enemies
  • Landon & Shay: Part Two (L&S Duet, #2)
  • The Younger Man
  • Manhattan (Becker Bothers, #3)
  • Even When I'm Gone (Stay with Me, #2)
  • Devious Lies (Cruel Crown, #1)
  • Princess Ballot (Royals of Arbon Academy, #1)
  • Seducing Mrs. Robinson (A Bro Code Standalone)
  • The Rebel King (All the King's Men Duet, #2)
  • Come Back for Me (Arrowood Brothers, #1)
  • Serenading Heartbreak
  • Tangled (Emerson Falls Book 1)
  • Rock Bottom Girl
  • The Harder You Fall (Rixon Raiders, #3)
  • Landon & Shay: Part One (L&S Duet, #1)
Jay McLean is an international best-selling author and full-time reader, writer of New Adult and Young Adult romance, and skilled procrastinator. When she’s not doing any of those things, she can be found running after her three little boys, investing way too much time on True Crime Documentaries and binge-watching reality TV.
She writes what she loves to read, which are books that can make her

Combative (3 books)
  • Combative (Combative, #1)
  • Redemptive (Combative, #2)