Start by marking “Push: A Hammer Novel (Hammer Club Book 6)” as Want to Read:
Push: A Hammer Novel (Hammer Club Book 6)

Push: A Hammer Novel

(Hammer #6)

Gordon's a retired Drill Sergeant who's enjoying his life. He has his garden, his friends and access to the subs at the Hammer Club whenever he wants to indulge his Toppy side. When Billy and Marcus insist on introducing him to Frank, he has to admit, he's intrigued.

Frank is a cop turned private investigator who often helps out the men of the Hammer Club. He thinks they'r
Published February 16th 2016 by Sean Michael (first published January 26th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Push, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Push

Vivian
Mar 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica-contemp
More meat.

Okay, the extended length of this story surely allows for more development and it shows here. There's more hesitation on Frank's part, the capitulation takes longer and he has more unresolved issues that need addressing which Gordon does. Gordon's the patient, super-Dom daddy to a boy who is a boy whether he acknowledges it or not. More time means less steamrolling and a more realistic pace. Plus no teasing about the sounds in this one--Yippee!

Still cockfull and filled with needs, wan
Serena Yates
Jan 26, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay
Like the other Hammer novels, Push looks at a slightly unusual D/s relationship. One that doesn't start out as D/s, at least not from Frank's point of view.

Frank is proudly independent, an ex-cop who works as a PI, but he's very closed off and doesn't deal well with stress. He also clearly has some baggage from the past that he hasn't gotten over, but he's too headstrong to accept help from anyone. He's so afraid to appear weak that he's shut himself off from any and all support that might be av
Bea
This series for me is hit or miss, some of the books just seemed so melodramatic that I did not even try it. But this book interested me, the former cop who is friends with the Doms and subs but feels that he's not part of that world.

Enter our hot Dom who begins to show him the world of BDSM. Hot sex, interesting story, but here are two things that bothered me:

1). This author seems to have that, we need conflict, so I am going to invent some mid book horrific accident that makes one of heroes de
Tam
Feb 19, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
Retired soldier and dom Gordon is at the club when he sees retired cop/now PI Frank visiting with Oliver and Jack. Everyone tells him Frank's not into the lifestyle but Gordon is intrigued and asks him out. They start dating and eventually Gordon pushes Frank closer and closer to the D/s BDSM life. This was interesting in that Frank gets meningitis and loses most of his hearing and a lot of heavy issues are dealt with. Frank nearly died on the job before he retired and his partner was killed by ...more
Leah
3.5 Stars I've always wondered about Frank so I liked reading his story. I didn't rate this with four stars because while I'm well aware there are many common phrases and D/s scenes across the Hammer series, Push was just too much like Burn....almost word for word. I look forward to and Jack and Oliver book.
Carole-Ann
May 07, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of the better Hammer stories: Gordon is a good, patient Dom, with a quirky humour; Frank is a strong, likeable character, who doesn't realise what he is (ie a sub).

The story unfolds at a leisurely pace, not too much sex and heavy breathing, and not as 'hard' as some previous Hammer novels have been. It was great to read about Frank's gradual 'submission' into realising how submissive he is, and I was really impressed with how Gordon handled everything. A lovely story.
 Sara
Dec 17, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bdsm, m-m, contemporary, series
I really enjoyed this one. The stubborn bottom and gruff, down-to-earth, strong characters pleased me. Still had a confused, broken sub, like all the rest of Michael's books I've read, but not a very "subby" one.
Dreamer
Got to 16% and gave up. Gordon and Frank are old guys, could not get into it, did nothing for me..
 ☔️ Stormy Day Reader
While not as good as some of the previous books, I feel like Gordon and Frank's story needed to be told. There was just something about it that didn't appeal to me as much. I didn't really warm up to either character even though the story itself was quite good.
Charly
Nov 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Lighter on the BDSM than other Hammer titles, but it’s one of my favorites

Warning: This review might contain what some people consider SPOILERS.

Rating: 9/10

PROS:
- Although there are noticeable similarities in the actions of Michael’s Dom characters, not all of the Hammer characters and relationships are exactly the same. They present a varied view of the BDSM lifestyle, from light to hardcore, casual to lifestyle, intensely private to public.
- I liked reading about a Dom who falls for another
Trio
Feb 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh wow, that was incredible. Best SM I've read in a long time actually... totally not conceived with very genuine characters and a well paced story.
Wendy Ann
This is a nice addition to the Hammer series! One of the most refreshing aspects of this book is that it feels like the relationship actually develops over time between Gordon and Frank (both older and basically retired), and they really get to know and trust each other before the D/s starts to get introduced.

Frank is by no means a typical “sub” and pushes back at every turn before admitting he doesn’t have to be quite so independent and may actually enjoy the things Gordon eventually tries out
Katy Beth Mckee
Nov 01, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series-books
This addition to the Hammer story is a bit different than the others I've read so far. There seems to be much more development of the relationship first with a very gentle pushing into a more D/s relationship between
Gordon and his Frankie after the relationship is well establish. I think that the fact both men were retired and had similar backgrounds probably helped the relationship growth earlier than in most of the stories I've read in this series so far. Also, while Frank had problems and wa
Ate
Jun 19, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ゲイSMクラブシリーズの一つで、ストーリーよりエロ重視のやおい的な話です。なので、☆の満足度は、エロとカップリングの好みです。

さて、あまり私の趣味としてBDSMは好まないのですが、今回の話は受けが好みの性格だったのでとっても楽しめました。

何しろ、この話の受けであるFrankは、陽気で面白い男で元警察の私立探偵。SMクラブのメンバーと知り合いで仲良しで人気者だけど、自分はSM変態趣味はない”ストレート”な攻めのゲイを自称しているってとこが面白いのです(笑)

そんなFrankを対象にして、SMクラブのメンバーの一部は、誰がFrankをMだと認めさせるご主人様になれるだろうかと賭けをするんですが、その賭けに煽られて興味を持ったのがSMクラブの有名なベテランのDomのGordon(元軍人)というのがあらすじ。

とにかく、Frankの性格が陽気で面白い、それにエロには積極的だけど、変態なエロはしないという硬派さがあって頑固で男前なのが素敵です。一方のGordonは元軍人だけど、俺様系じゃなくて寛大な大人な性格で、手料理作ったり世話焼きな家庭的な男というのが素敵です。Frankの信頼を得るまでは無理は
Aimer Boyz
Aug 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have not read all the books in the Hammer Club series but based on this one, I may have to. "Push" is a favourite because of the way the relationship between the MCs unfolds. Frank: "Sub? Who me? Dream on!" Gordon: "I didn't say you were." As BDSM plots go, not unusual, right? But then the author throws in that one extra detail which sets this book apart... (view spoiler)

My problem with some BDSM
Tamela
I love the characters at the Hammer, and Frank and Gordon are a great pair. Good friends, good lovers and good for each other.

The interplay between the characters was great, Frank is SUCH a hard case, always saying he's "fine" even when he isn't. And Gordon is Not going to let him get away with that anymore... not after their first vacation together.

Sorry to say, too many sex scenes or they are too long, whatever, but found myself skimming again because I was more interested in the people than
Rain Carrington
Oct 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked this one with Gordon and Frank. They had a very sweet relationship and I loved how stubborn Frank was without it being overdone. His unwillingness to admit, even to himself, how much he loved getting spanked and the other "freaky" things Gordon was doing was great.

They were mature and fun, sexy and sweet. I loved them as a couple and loved the side story of Frank's illness and past trauma. It added to the story a lot.
MostlyDelores
Jan 18, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-romance
Frank and Gordon are my favorite Hammer couple and this is my favorite of the Hammer books. It has more story than a lot of the others, and I like that the D/s stuff is there, but more discreet and private between the two of them, rather than the more overt master/sub stuff which I find kind of alien.
Alyosha
This book had a lot of things I like - push and pull relationship - a romance between adults - men with weaknesses - disability - caring and loving, but the execution needed a lot of smoothing over, this book should have had half of the word count it had. Despite the weak editing, it was a nice addition to the Hammer- series. 2.5 stars
Miranda
"A stubborn sub-in-denial needs more than one push."

"Intense. Frank is struggling with discovering new things about himself that are in contradiction with his self image."

Visit my blog for a full length review of Push by Sean Michael with quotes and bullets ;) ~Miranda
Carolyn
Mar 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-romance, bdsm
I love this author. When reading Sean Michael I always know that things will turn out good. You always have a strong character that know just what he wants and gets it. A wonderful book that leaves you feeling warm inside.
Logan
Jan 27, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved the characters in this one. Could have done without some of the gruesome tidbits...but thats just a matter of taste. A typical Michael read....got a little long in places but a solid, enjoyable read.
KJW
May 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bdsm, romance
Another great story in the Hammer series. I've loved Frank since his first appearance and it was great to read his and Gordon's story. I loved the emphasis more on their relationship and especially resolving Frank's issues rather than constantly focusing on the BDSM aspects of their relationship
Kristie
May 22, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Too much like the others, not deep enough of a story. The top most layer of story is all you get, and it just stays boring. Some parts were good, so it was okay. Still, I skimmed too much.
Madeleine
Liked the plot, but wasn't moved at all by the characters. DNF.
Nope, no more Sean Michael for me.
Tj
Dec 19, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the content of the book. It wasn't the typical Dom/Sub story line. The major drawback for this book was the typos.
Simsala
Jan 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bdsm, m-m
A delicious battle of wills.Loved it.
Clover
Mar 26, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bdsm, contemporary, m-m
one of the best story of the Hammer I read along with the first book.
I liked a lot the main characters and the dynamic of the couple.
the size queen and the sounds play was a big bonus for me !!!
Islaen
Jan 07, 2012
  • Alphabet Soup (Alphabet Soup #1)
  • Safe Words (Deviations, #5)
  • Finders, Keepers (Tales from Rainbow Alley, #2)
  • Call Me Sir, Boy!
  • Above the Dungeon (Dungeon #1)
  • Out of the Fire
  • Forever (From Thirty Days to Forever, #2)
  • Room at the Top (Room at the Top, #1)
  • The Elegant Corpse
Often referred to as "Space Cowboy" and "Gangsta of Love" while still striving for the moniker of "Maurice," Sean Michael spends his days surfing, smutting, organizing his immense gourd collection and fantasizing about one day retiring on a small secluded island peopled entirely by horseshoe crabs. While collecting vast amounts of vintage gay pulp novels and mood rings, Sean whiles away the hours ...more

Hammer (1 - 10 of 26 books)
  • Bent (Hammer, #1)