Start by marking “The Sins That Bind Us” as Want to Read:
The Sins That Bind Us

The Sins That Bind Us

I wasn’t given a choice. Not when I did my first line of cocaine. Not when I became a single mother. But I changed, and every decision I’ve made was to protect myself and my son from my weaknesses—and my past.

Until Jude came along and made me question everything, even my own secrets.

The sins I carry with me can never be discovered. Life handed me broken bits of people and
ebook
Published March 15th 2016 by Estate Books

Start your review of The Sins That Bind Us
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Feb 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!!

description

To be honest what made me pick up this book was the title. I found it very intriguing and now that I’ve finished this gripping, well written tale I can totally say it’s very fitting and smartly chosen. 'The Sins that Bind Us' was my first read by Geneva Lee and for sure it won’t be my last. This story about love, forgiveness and learning to move on was powerful and touching and I'm sure many readers will relate with these characters in one way or another.

“Everybody is an addict
Jennifer Kyle
Feb 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 STARS

”We don’t escape our addictions, they simply become our religion.”

description

Imagine my surprise as I sat reading this book from cover to cover this morning that it was a freebie with my KU subscription. I have been having the best luck with KU and have read so many wonderful stories so far this year. As for this story, I was completely captivated by the story line, the characters, and this author’s writing.

”Unforgiven sins don’t diminish, after all. You can’t magic them away with well-mea
warhawke
Mar 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance-love
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone
POV: Shifting
Rating:

Faith Kane moved to a sleepy small town to start a new life with her young son. Leaving behind her troubled past, she was determine to get her life straight. With a house and a job, everything looked to be in the right direction, until she met someone with equally troubled past.

Jude Mercer saw something in Faith that he couldn’t let go of. He slowly wormed himself not only into her life, but also those around her. But both of them
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo 9d8ef440a089739d452e5b3f0ef650_zpstuzryosq.gif

photo 9e31c1626351529bc24ecd9bcdb81a_zpssetximn2.gif “Something about you makes me want to confess my sins.”

The Sins That Bind Us by Geneva Lee is a gripping and consuming emotional tale of finding absolution, solace, love and acceptance. This book is unlike anything I have read from Geneva Lee as she gives her readers a glimpse of what it truly means to lose yourself to addiction.

#SinSGeneva1

photo 9e31c1626351529bc24ecd9bcdb81a_zpssetximn2.gif “I want him to share his story so that I can understand the strange effect he has on me. Even now
Brandi
Apr 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
3.5 - 3.75 Stars

Dusti Hanrahan
This book was super personal for me so this will be a review full of personal feels.

ad·dic·tion- noun-
the state of being enslaved to a habit or practice or to something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming, as narcotics, to such an extent that its cessation causes severe trauma.

This beautiful 'love' story centers around ALL areas of addiction- I have personally had a life full of addiction -the addict, the loved ones, recovery, relapse and death. This book was amazing at capturi
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Faith has been through a lot in her life.
But now she's living a pretty normal and happy life in Port Townsend
She's working and living with her best friend Amie and she's a great mom to her deaf 4-year-old son Max.
That's all she needs and wants.

...the less people I let in, the less chance I'll be hurt again.

But then she meets HIM at an Narcotics Anonymous meeting in town.
Jude.
She hates him as soon as he opens his mouth.
Well, not really, she's more like instantly in lust with him.
But she can't
m.
Feb 09, 2016 marked it as to-read
Oh heck, a new book by Geneva Lee?!?! My ovaries are still recovering from the last book I read from her, how the heck am I supposed to handle it?
Betül
Feb 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
**Received ARC in exchange for an honest review**

description

"Something about you makes me want to confess my sins."

This isn't an easy story but it is one that needs to be told. The Sins that Bind us is a heartbreakingly real story that many people can relate to. Even if I didn't go through this myself I could relate to it. I think more stories like this should be told. I want to thank Geneva Lee for her courage to write such a difficult but very inspirational and uplifting story that I hope will touch many
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
I loved the whole premise of an addicted single mom trying to make it in the world - as a second chance but the more I read...this was so much more than that.

The author wove a story around lies and hidden truths between Faith and Jude...just WOW!!

And don't even get me started on the poetic writing of Ms. Lee - phenomenal...I was sucked into this story and the more I read....the more complicated and angsty it became.

Loved the characters - especially Jude!
Wil Loves Books!
Mar 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, arc, on-kindle

“Everyone is an Addict. We all have our drug.”

This book was simply gorgeous. I loved every second of it and I was hooked since Page 1. This is a beautiful, sometimes gritty, sometimes heartbreaking book that deals with difficult but very real subjects like addiction, abuse and second chances.

Faith Kane has been through a lot in her life and has a lot on her plate. She’s a single mother to a wonderful kid who is deaf and also takes care of her grandmother. She’s struggling to kee
Nikki ღ Navareus

***FIVE STARS***

This story just absolutely blew me away. I love stories that have characters who each have their own dark secrets that are slowly revealed layer, by layer. I got sucked right into this story from page one and loved every second of it. Jude was such a sweetheart. I fell for him hard from the beginning. I was starting to get a bit frustrated and perhaps a little irritated that Faith just kept him at arms length for so long, and then the story took a turn that knocked my socks off.
1-Click Addict Support Group
Mar 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is going to be a very difficult review to write, because I truly believe there are not enough words in the world to describe the emotional wonderfulness that is this book.

There are so many pieces in this story that giving you even the briefest of bits could possibly ruin the mystery. So, instead of giving you a summary of the story, I am going to do my best to describe how I felt about some of the major parts. The list included heartbreak, joy, sympathy, anger, hope, love and acceptance.

I
Beverly

I read this book in less than 24 hours. I absolutely loved it. It was PERFECT. It was HEARTBREAKING. It was Sad and Beautiful.
 photo tumblr_n13ihzx4sX1sv8pboo1_500_zpsa03af4c7.gif

This book is beautiful. It's a story about real life. It's about addiction. And the most beautiful part of this book is knowing the writer took the time to show the reader that there are many kinds, sizes and colors of addiction. And all of the
Vi ~ Inkvotary
Inkvotary

4,5 stars
No words ... tears ... beautiful ... stars follow ...

I never thought that the author could write something like this. Full of emotions, dark, light, soft and rough at the same time. There is even some kind of poetry in this story. Don´t get me wrong. I loved reading her Royals Saga. But this here? The complete opposite and still you can tell that Geneva Lee wrote it. Overwhelming, sad and full of surprises.

There is a strength in her characters, a softness, pain, hope and an add
Coco.V
Jun 15, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (6/16/2020)! 🎁
Shayna
 photo TOP PICK 2016.png

Incredible. Breathtaking. Absolute perfection. I'll be honest and tell you that I didn't see this book coming. I've never read anything by this author before and it hurts my heart because this was so DAMN good! I feel like I've missed out a bit by not experiencing the brilliance of Lee's writing. It's so poetic and beautiful, just like her characters, and her latest release just ran away with my heart. And the funny thing is, I don't want it back just yet, because I want it to be with the ch
Audrey Carlan
Mar 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
You know how you read a book that is so telling, so honest, so cuttingly real, that it carves a place in your soul for itself? One that makes it impossible for you to part with the words? That's how I feel right now about The Sins that Bind Us by Geneva Lee. It's a book that will haunt me.

This is not a book you expect to love or hate. It's not a book you read and know how it's going to end. It's not predictable, it's not kind, it's not unkind, it just is. Like living every day. It just is. And
Three Chicks
Mar 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Review by Jen Hagen

Faith is very loyal in attending her weekly NA meetings. Faith doesn’t speak aloud at the meetings, instead sitting back and letting her thoughts take over all the while understanding the addictions everybody in that room represents. She can relate to how an addiction can literally change your life and who you choose to be in life. Her keen observation becomes unnerved the day that Jude enters the building for his first meeting. They don’t have a very pleasant welcoming, what
Hilary
Mar 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Sins that Bind Us left me emotionally raw. Geneva Lee has reached in and gripped my heart with both hands squeezing every emotion from me. I had to take the night to try to compile my thoughts, and I hope that I can convey them in a way that will do this book justice because it is absolutely fantastic.

A story of facing addiction, whether personal or otherwise, The Sins that Bind Us will leave you reeling. So many people deal with the situations depicted in this novel on a daily basis and Le
Beneath The Covers Blog
Mar 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sonal, arcs, 2016-reads
4.5 Stars!!

Faith has struggled with addiction long and hard. She also has the responsibility of her $ year old deaf son Max. Life has been harsh on her and her past holds many painful secrets. She is going through her life with a mundane routine; taking care of her son, attending the NA meetings and working for her roommate, Amie.

Then Jude Mercier enters her life and turns it upside down. The attraction and connection she feels with Jude makes her heart ache. She cannot get involved with a fell
Elodie
May 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I wish I had Geneva Lee’s talent with words, so I could express how much I truly adored this book. But unfortunately, I don’t. So I’ll just say this : this story is breathtaking, it will have you crying tears of sadness, anger, and then joy. And every damn person on this planet needs to read it !

"I've always had faith, but I was saved by Grace."

Esther
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was ok
I wanted to enjoy it but it bored me at certain points.

I was not connected to the characters a so normally am.

But I have to say finishing it was a great thing.
Kim
Feb 24, 2016 rated it really liked it

“Everybody is an addict; we all have our drug. It’s just that some of our poisons are more costly than others.”

This is one of those books I really enjoyed but I am struggling to write a review that shares the reasons why without spoiling anything.

The Sins That Bind Us deals with addiction and its effects on not only the individual but everyone who cares for them. The story opens in present day where Faith is at an addiction support meeting. As she turns to find a seat, she nearly runs r
Erica Chilson
I received a copy of this title to read and review for Wicked Reads

5 Twisty Stars.

Geneva Lee is a new-to-me author, and I didn't know what to expect. I received the ebook today, and opened it immediately, and read it to the end in one sitting.

Truthfully, I have no freaking idea how to review The Sins That Bind Us.

Here goes... The story is told in present, with a few scenes presented in the past. There are a few major players in the story, with a small side cast which is basically a BFF/roomma
TLBC
Mar 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My Review (ARC provided)
5 stars!

Wow this book! I honestly had no idea what to expect going into it and it was such a pleasant surprise. A bit hard to read at times, (because of the circumstances) but such a good story. I kept thinking I had it figured out and then I would second guess myself.

I think I have to place Jude on my top ten list of heroes. He was everything I would want, smart, sexy, artistic, compassionate, funny a tad bit alpha, a tad bit cock
Rebecca
Mar 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Geneva Lee provides an insightful look into the world of addiction, sins, forgiveness, and redemption. She takes these contradictory ideas and forces her readers to see the many sides and types of dependency, which when investigated closely, regardless of form, illustrate how they easily destroy, taint, and harm those addicted and those who try to help curb those desires.

The Sins that Bind Us personifies the effects of misdeeds on everyone involved. The title speaks to the idea that vices are fa
Courtney
Feb 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Geneva Lee is a new author to me so I had no idea what to expect when I started this. I had heard of her books prior and many people have raved about her but I personally have never read anything by her. And we’ll just say that after reading this, I will be reading more by Geneva.

“Hope that we’re still capable of change and believe there are blank pages to fill in our stories.”

This book definitely deals with some tougher issues. Geneva doesn’t dig too deep into the ugly sides of them but she
Tia
Mar 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Donna
Mar 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

This Book Was A Wonderful Heartbreaker Of A Read For Me, I Wasn't Sure If The Story Would Work And If I Was Going To Like It But I Did.

A Broken Women Left To Bring Up Her Little Boy Alone And He Wasn't A Normal Boy In All Senses. He Was Deaf But So Independent. Faith Attended NA For Her Addictions And Stumbles Literally Into Jake And To Say They Hit It Off Would Be A Complete Lie. But Slowly They Find Themselves In Each Others Arms And Hearts.

Faith And Jude Are Both Broken And Living With

• Trust Me (The Donovan Family, #4)
  • Mr. White (Case Brothers)
  • The Sheriff's Woman
  • 15 Minutes (Time for Love, #4)
  • This Crazy Love (Swoon #1)
  • Raise Your Game
  • Unguarded Love (Black Swan, #4)
  • Free Falling (Damaged Heroes, #2)
  • Nos âmes tourmentées
  • Almost Perfect (McCloud Brothers)
  • Challenging the Cowboy (The Men of Marvell Ranch #3)
  • Strangers Like Us (Reunion Gap #1)
  • If the Shoe Fits (Once Upon A Romance, #1)
  • She's the One (Just Everyday Heroes: Night Shift, #1)
  • Take a Chance on Me (Miracle on Chance Avenue, #3)
  • He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not (The Flower Shop Sisters #2)
  • 6 ans
  • Fully Involved (Island Fire, #3)
Geneva Lee is the New York Times, USA Today, and internally bestselling author of over a dozen novels. Her bestselling Royals Saga has sold over one million copies worldwide. She is the co-owner of Away With Words, a destination bookstore in Poulsbo, Washington. When she isn’t traveling, she can usually be found writing, reading, or buying another pair of shoes.

News & Interviews

“The drugs and alcohol, they don’t make us feel better. When you’re high you hate yourself freely, and it’s okay, because you’re not accountable in that moment. You’re free to be your own worst enemy–free to be the person hiding inside you. The person that is less than. Less than you’d planned to be.” 6 likes
“Loving an addict is to live torn between hope and mourning, caught in an endless repetition of the five stages of grief.” 3 likes