Start by marking “The Sins That Bind Us” as Want to Read:
The Sins That Bind Us

The Sins That Bind Us

I wasn’t given a choice. Not when I did my first line of cocaine. Not when I became a single mother. But I changed, and every decision I’ve made was to protect myself and my son from my weaknesses—and my past.

Until Jude came along and made me question everything, even my own secrets.

The sins I carry with me can never be discovered. Life handed me broken bits of people and
ebook
Published March 15th 2016 by Estate Books

✦❋Arianna✦❋
Feb 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!!

description

To be honest what made me pick up this book was the title. I found it very intriguing and now that I’ve finished this gripping, well written tale I can totally say it’s very fitting and smartly chosen. 'The Sins that Bind Us' was my first read by Geneva Lee and for sure it won’t be my last. This story about love, forgiveness and learning to move on was powerful and touching and I'm sure many readers will relate with these characters in one way or another.

“Everybody is an addict; we a
Jennifer Kyle
Feb 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 STARS

”We don’t escape our addictions, they simply become our religion.”

description

Imagine my surprise as I sat reading this book from cover to cover this morning that it was a freebie with my KU subscription. I have been having the best luck with KU and have read so many wonderful stories so far this year. As for this story, I was completely captivated by the story line, the characters, and this author’s writing.

”Unforgiven sins don’t diminish, after all. You can’t magic them away with well-meaning
Parvathy
Mar 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing

5 Stars!

The Sins That Bind Us is an emotional, unflinchingly honest and gripping portrayal of the sins and it's repercussions that two people have to face and the unexpected way they are bound by it. I went into the book thinking that this is the story of an addict and the second chance she finds in her love. But this book turned out to be so much more. This story was about redemption, guilt, forgiveness, lies, moving on, unconditional love and the lesson that sometimes addiction may not be j
warhawke
Mar 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance-love
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone
POV: Shifting
Rating:

Faith Kane moved to a sleepy small town to start a new life with her young son. Leaving behind her troubled past, she was determine to get her life straight. With a house and a job, everything looked to be in the right direction, until she met someone with equally troubled past.

Jude Mercer saw something in Faith that he couldn’t let go of. He slowly wormed himself not only into her life, but also those around her. But both of them
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo 9d8ef440a089739d452e5b3f0ef650_zpstuzryosq.gif

photo 9e31c1626351529bc24ecd9bcdb81a_zpssetximn2.gif“Something about you makes me want to confess my sins.”

The Sins That Bind Us by Geneva Lee is a gripping and consuming emotional tale of finding absolution, solace, love and acceptance. This book is unlike anything I have read from Geneva Lee as she gives her readers a glimpse of what it truly means to lose yourself to addiction.

#SinSGeneva1

photo 9e31c1626351529bc24ecd9bcdb81a_zpssetximn2.gif“I want him to share his story so that I can understand the strange effect he has on me. Even now surrounded
Brandi
Apr 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
3.5 - 3.75 Stars

Katharina | katharia
Holy s***. Das Buch ist ein Meisterwerk. Ich hätte nach der Royal Saga niemals mehr damit gerechnet, dass Geneva Lee mich so umhauen würde, aber sie hat es geschafft. Die Geschichte ist nicht nur wahnsinnig gut geschrieben, sonder beinhaltet auch ein so wichtiges Thema. Ich liebe die Charaktere, vor allem Jude (obviously) :D
Eine wahre Leseempfehlung!!
Dusti Hanrahan
This book was super personal for me so this will be a review full of personal feels.

ad·dic·tion- noun-
the state of being enslaved to a habit or practice or to something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming, as narcotics, to such an extent that its cessation causes severe trauma.

This beautiful 'love' story centers around ALL areas of addiction- I have personally had a life full of addiction -the addict, the loved ones, recovery, relapse and death. This book was amazing at capturi
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Faith has been through a lot in her life.
But now she's living a pretty normal and happy life in Port Townsend
She's working and living with her best friend Amie and she's a great mom to her deaf 4-year-old son Max.
That's all she needs and wants.

...the less people I let in, the less chance I'll be hurt again.

But then she meets HIM at an Narcotics Anonymous meeting in town.
Jude.
She hates him as soon as he opens his mouth.
Well, not really, she's more like instantly in lust with him.
But she can't h
Diana Solito
Mar 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4,5 Sterne!!!
Was hätte ich für eine großartige Geschichte verpasst, wenn ich Geneva Lee nicht nochmal eine Chance gegeben hätte!!!
Padi Gl
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Tja was soll man dazu sagen ? Royal Passion war der schlechteste New Adult Roman den ich je gelesen habe und das hier ist der Beste ! Ich hätte es nie für möglich gehalten das ausgerechnet Geneva Lee Kristin Challihan vom Thron stoßen wird, aber genau das ist passiert. Das Buch ist nicht nur unheimlich gefühlvoll und meisterhaft geschrieben sondern spannend und emotional von der ersten Seite an ! Uneingeschränkte Kaufempfehlung von mir .... nicht nur für Fans des Genres !!!!!!
Marjorie  W.
Feb 09, 2016 marked it as to-read
Oh heck, a new book by Geneva Lee?!?! My ovaries are still recovering from the last book I read from her, how the heck am I supposed to handle it?
Denise Bücherwunderland
4.5 Sterne 😍 Ach, war das Buch toll 😍

Vorneweg
Ich habe bereits fast die komplette Royal Reihe der Autorin gelesen und deswegen war ich sehr, sehr skeptisch 😅, denn auch wenn ich immer wissen wollte wie es weitergeht, fand ich die Royal Reihe doch eher durchschnittlich 🙈.

Meine Meinung
Dieses Buch ist der Wahnsinn! 😍

Faith ist die Mutter des kleinen (absolut süßen und goldigen) Max und möchte ihn vor allem beschützen was ihn verletzen könnte.
Bei einem Meeting einer Selbsthilfegruppe für Alkohol-und
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
I loved the whole premise of an addicted single mom trying to make it in the world - as a second chance but the more I read...this was so much more than that.

The author wove a story around lies and hidden truths between Faith and Jude...just WOW!!

And don't even get me started on the poetic writing of Ms. Lee - phenomenal...I was sucked into this story and the more I read....the more complicated and angsty it became.

Loved the characters - especially Jude!
Betul
Feb 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
**Received ARC in exchange for an honest review**

description

"Something about you makes me want to confess my sins."

This isn't an easy story but it is one that needs to be told. The Sins that Bind us is a heartbreakingly real story that many people can relate to. Even if I didn't go through this myself I could relate to it. I think more stories like this should be told. I want to thank Geneva Lee for her courage to write such a difficult but very inspirational and uplifting story that I hope will touch many
Wil Loves Books!
Mar 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, favorites, on-kindle

“Everyone is an Addict. We all have our drug.”

This book was simply gorgeous. I loved every second of it and I was hooked since Page 1. This is a beautiful, sometimes gritty, sometimes heartbreaking book that deals with difficult but very real subjects like addiction, abuse and second chances.

Faith Kane has been through a lot in her life and has a lot on her plate. She’s a single mother to a wonderful kid who is deaf and also takes care of her grandmother. She’s struggling to keep up with
Nikki ღ Navareus

***FIVE STARS***

This story just absolutely blew me away. I love stories that have characters who each have their own dark secrets that are slowly revealed layer, by layer. I got sucked right into this story from page one and loved every second of it. Jude was such a sweetheart. I fell for him hard from the beginning. I was starting to get a bit frustrated and perhaps a little irritated that Faith just kept him at arms length for so long, and then the story took a turn that knocked my socks off.
1-Click Addict Support Group
Mar 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is going to be a very difficult review to write, because I truly believe there are not enough words in the world to describe the emotional wonderfulness that is this book.

There are so many pieces in this story that giving you even the briefest of bits could possibly ruin the mystery. So, instead of giving you a summary of the story, I am going to do my best to describe how I felt about some of the major parts. The list included heartbreak, joy, sympathy, anger, hope, love and acceptance.

I
NaTaLie
Apr 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!!! Ein wirklich mega tolles Buch!!! Die Geschichte war herzzerreißend, spannend und voller Gefühl... Ich habe auch ein paar Tränen verdruckt :) Eine ganz klare Leseempfehlung !!!! <3
Beverly

I read this book in less than 24 hours. I absolutely loved it. It was PERFECT. It was HEARTBREAKING. It was Sad and Beautiful.
 photo tumblr_n13ihzx4sX1sv8pboo1_500_zpsa03af4c7.gif

This book is beautiful. It's a story about real life. It's about addiction. And the most beautiful part of this book is knowing the writer took the time to show the reader that there are many kinds, sizes and colors of addiction. And all of them can
Vi~Inkvotary
Inkvotary

4,5 stars
No words ... tears ... beautiful ... stars follow ...

I never thought that the author could write something like this. Full of emotions, dark, light, soft and rough at the same time. There is even some kind of poetry in this story. Dont get me wrong. I loved reading her Royals Saga. But this here? The complete opposite and still you can tell that Geneva Lee wrote it. Overwhelming, sad and full of surprises.

There is a strength in her characters, a softness, pain, hope and an addi
Audrey Carlan
Mar 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
You know how you read a book that is so telling, so honest, so cuttingly real, that it carves a place in your soul for itself? One that makes it impossible for you to part with the words? That's how I feel right now about The Sins that Bind Us by Geneva Lee. It's a book that will haunt me.

This is not a book you expect to love or hate. It's not a book you read and know how it's going to end. It's not predictable, it's not kind, it's not unkind, it just is. Like living every day. It just is. And
Elke
May 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh, das war so herzzerreißend schön. Ich liebe dieses Buch. Ich hätte es nie gelesen, wenn Paddy nicht gesagt hätte, dass Royal Passion das schlechteste new adult Buch sei und dieses hier das Beste! Wie Recht sie doch hatte!
Shayna
 photo TOP PICK 2016.png

Incredible. Breathtaking. Absolute perfection. I'll be honest and tell you that I didn't see this book coming. I've never read anything by this author before and it hurts my heart because this was so DAMN good! I feel like I've missed out a bit by not experiencing the brilliance of Lee's writing. It's so poetic and beautiful, just like her characters, and her latest release just ran away with my heart. And the funny thing is, I don't want it back just yet, because I want it to be with the chara
Sylvia Hübsch
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
hat mir mega gut gefallen und mich an colleen hoover erinnert. Das will schon was heißen.
Seren ⚯͛
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourite-books
actual rating: 4,5 Sterne
Three Chicks
Mar 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Review by Jen Hagen

Faith is very loyal in attending her weekly NA meetings. Faith doesn’t speak aloud at the meetings, instead sitting back and letting her thoughts take over all the while understanding the addictions everybody in that room represents. She can relate to how an addiction can literally change your life and who you choose to be in life. Her keen observation becomes unnerved the day that Jude enters the building for his first meeting. They don’t have a very pleasant welcoming, what
Hilary
Mar 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Sins that Bind Us left me emotionally raw. Geneva Lee has reached in and gripped my heart with both hands squeezing every emotion from me. I had to take the night to try to compile my thoughts, and I hope that I can convey them in a way that will do this book justice because it is absolutely fantastic.

A story of facing addiction, whether personal or otherwise, The Sins that Bind Us will leave you reeling. So many people deal with the situations depicted in this novel on a daily basis and Le
lebe.liebe.lese [Tina]
4,5 Sterne für ein sehr schönes Buch, wo mir persönlich noch ein paar Emotionen fehlten. Es konnte mich nicht zu 100% packen... Leider. Die Geschichte an sich war mir aber gänzlich neu. So noch nie gelesen..
Beneath The Covers Blog
Mar 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sonal, 2016-reads, arcs
4.5 Stars!!

Faith has struggled with addiction long and hard. She also has the responsibility of her $ year old deaf son Max. Life has been harsh on her and her past holds many painful secrets. She is going through her life with a mundane routine; taking care of her son, attending the NA meetings and working for her roommate, Amie.

Then Jude Mercier enters her life and turns it upside down. The attraction and connection she feels with Jude makes her heart ache. She cannot get involved with a fell
  • The Story of Us: The Complete Series (The Story of Us, #1-3)
  • Secondhand Sinners
  • Elicitation (The Training of Eileen, #1)
  • Dirty Truths
  • Night Fires
  • Beautiful Losers
  • Guess Who's Hopping Down the Bunny Trail (The Proposition, #2.2)
  • Closer
  • Redemption
  • Nine Volt Heart
  • The Stars Landing Deviant (Stars Landing, #5)
  • Broken English (Broken Lives, #1)
  • Contrite (Contrite, #1)
  • Badger
  • Her Sister's Secret
  • Watching (Watching, #1)
  • Razor
  • Forever a Jett Girl (The Bourbon Series, #3)
Geneva Lee is the New York Times, USA Today, and internally bestselling author of over a dozen novels. Her bestselling Royals Saga has sold over one million copies worldwide. She is the co-owner of Away With Words, a destination bookstore in Poulsbo, Washington. When she isn’t traveling, she can usually be found writing, reading, or buying another pair of shoes.
“The drugs and alcohol, they don’t make us feel better. When you’re high you hate yourself freely, and it’s okay, because you’re not accountable in that moment. You’re free to be your own worst enemy–free to be the person hiding inside you. The person that is less than. Less than you’d planned to be.” 7 likes
“Loving an addict is to live torn between hope and mourning, caught in an endless repetition of the five stages of grief.” 2 likes