Start by marking “Spencer Cohen, Book One (Spencer Cohen, #1)” as Want to Read:
Spencer Cohen, Book One (Spencer Cohen, #1)

Spencer Cohen, Book One

(Spencer Cohen #1)

Spencer Cohen is the guy who gets answers to relationship questions. Playing the role of the new lover, his job is to make his client’s ex realise one of two things: he doesn’t want to break up or he really does. Either way, his client gets answers.

The ex would either apologize and beg, or turn and walk. But in the end, Spencer’s client won. If he wanted his ex back and go
Published February 18th 2016 by BlueHeart

Start your review of Spencer Cohen, Book One (Spencer Cohen, #1)
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Pure SWEETNESS.

Spencer is an Aussie in L.A. (not to be confused with an Englishman in New York). He lives above a tattoo shop, totes makeup gear for his best friend who drives a Cindy Crawford (a cute 80s model), and helps men get their lovers back.

Spencer is the hip version of a Love Detective, complete with a beard and sleeves.

Let's take a moment to appreciate the finer things in life.

Spencer enjoys vinyl records and Moroccan breakfasts. He doesn't do feelings or complications.

Then he meets
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Jan 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!!

description

I love, love this author! She never disappoints me! She always delivers sweet, enjoyable tales about relatable men that I want to befriend immediately. This first installment in ‘The Spencer Cohen Series’ was everything I expected and wanted to be – pure and simple awesome and adorable from start to finish.

The story fallows Spencer who moved from Australia to L.A. years ago. He enjoys his life in the city not only because he fits, but also because he has a bunch of awesome friends. His
Judith
Feb 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
***4.5 Stars***

I can't believe this is the first book I've read by this Author!!
This was just adorable.I normally like my books with just the right amount of sex scenes and especially in M/M books the dirtier the better...and in this there aren't any.But I found it didn't matter as the story and the characters captivated me.
There are lots of lingering looks and the sexual tension builds as the book progresses.

Spencer is Australian(swoon), a totally cool,hipster guy.He's a kind of self made 'Love
Shile
This was a surprise.

The story is so cute and funny.

Spencer and Andrew are good together and got believable chemistry.
~Mindy Lynn~
I totally fell in sweet gushiness with this book. 5+ Stars for me.

N.R. Walker has done it again. She has made me fall for another pair of her characters. After reading the blurb I was totally sold. I couldn't wait for this one to come out.

Spencer Cohen has a very interesting job. He is literally a boyfriend for hire and is hired by broken hearted souls who have been dumped and want to use Spencer's services of being a fake boyfriend to try and win their ex's back. This is how he meets the swee
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***4.5 Stars***

"And then there was you."

Another fantastic book from N.R. Walker with endearing and richly developed characters and an engaging story that sucks you in from the first page. If there's one thing that I love about Walker's books, it's that her characters are some of the most realistic, relatable and lovable guys. You can swoon and love them in their world of fiction, but you could also easily see yourself hanging out with them in your real world.

Based on the blurb, you
Amanda
Feb 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, arc-netgalley
This is my second NR Walker's book and for the life of me I don't know why I'm not awe by it. I still have the similar problem that I have while reading Cronin's Key. The plot simply does not engage me and I feel that both the male leads spend too much time talking about mundane stuff and at least from one side there is an element of insta-love.

Spencer is a professional fake boyfriend that help individual to win back their ex. Andrew was introduced to him as a new client to win back his fiance,
Gigi
*squeel* Could NR Walker BE more perfect???
Ele
Jan 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
**4.5 stars**

Absolutely fantastic. Original, fresh, well written. I may have teared up a little in the end. This is how you write single first-person POV.

I think that steam would have ruined this story.

I can't wait for more Spencer Cohen.
Bibi
Jul 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
Spencer and Andrew are so darn sweet. Sigh.
Janie
Reread 5/18/18
Bumping this up to 4.5 stars. I actually liked Andrew better this time. Really looking forward to the next 2 books.

Original Review
I absolutely adore Spencer. He’s funny and sweet and kind and generous. I don’t really have warm fuzzies towards Andrew at this point. This book definitely needed his POV as well. Especially since he’s the one with the ex. Hopefully my doubting him goes away in the next book.
Barbara➰
I have put off reading this because I don't like the whole "help guy get back ex while secretly in love with him" troupe. I guess I'm weird like that. But I really, really enjoyed this one.

Spencer is amazaballs! I love being in his head. He's funny and sweet.
“I’m gay. I like men. I like the feel of stubble. I like hard muscles, not soft feminine skin. I love dick. I like sucking it and being fucked by it, but most of all, I love arse. So yes, I’m gay. Queer as a three-dollar bill.”~Spen
Renée
Spencer Cohen is an enigma. An Aussie who's been in the City of Angels for 2 years, he's got full sleeve tattoos, wears three-quarter length pants and suspenders, and has a career that I'll bet you've never heard of. He contracts with the recently dumped to play the new beau and see if their ex can be won back. He never guarantees an outcome, but, either way, the client will have a final answer.

Spencer's best friend, Lola, introduces him to a new friend, Sarah. And Sarah wants her brother to hi
Ja Ella
Oct 18, 2016 rated it liked it

Cute, short, entertaining.

I liked both the MCs, Andrew just a little bit more. The story was unique, and I'm glad there are other books in this series. Heart warming and make-feel-good book.

On to the next one.
.Lili.
Jan 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m

Anyone who knows me knows that I am a big NR Walker fan and this story further cements my reasons for loving her. She always sucks me into her stories and find myself shocked and sad when I reach the end. I do admit to being nervous about it once I realized the plot consisted of the "pretend boyfriend" trope but in typical NR Walker form, she handled it beautifully. Andrew has recently been dumped by his significant other with no explanation as to why thus Spencer is hired to "help" his boyfrien
Wendy
 photo giphy 1_zps5ucxgune.gif

I wanted to wait with this one until all the books in this series were released, but my friends convinced me to just get started with it already...so I did. I'm glad I did and I'm also glad to say that this one does not have a huge cliffy....I hate cliffhangers.

So...Spencer is an Aussie (I love Aussies), who has been living in LA for two years now. There seem to be some family trouble going on at home, with bigoted parents, but we don't get to know the whole story to that yet. He's living ab
Elsbeth

BR with Paul.

*4,5 "N'then there was you" stars*

This book made me so happy!! This series is going to be awesome.

I wanna have a Spencer. He was so sweet and so vulnerable.

Spencer is this Australian guy you go to when you’ve broken up with your boyfriend. Spencer is the guy that helps couples get back together again.

So, he meets his new client, Andrew. And they hit it off immediately as friends. They have a lot in common and Spencer realizes he’s falling hard for Andrew. But the confusing thing is
Denise H.
Feb 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*** I'd read reviews, but didn't know what a gem this story was going to be ! ***
It's a terrific tale of Aussie, trendy, Spencer, who has tattooed sleeves,
a beard and a loneliness inside,

who meets sweet geeky artist, Andrew, who is a blonde cutie who has just been left high and dry by his boyfriend.

Spencer avoids attachments by renting out as a boyfriend to help people get their exes back. Andrew's sister sets it up, and Andrew hires him. Through the "getting to know you meetings," Spencer
Diana
Apr 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 + stars.

I absolutely loved this book and cannot wait to read book 2 next month. N. R. Walker is one of my favorite M/M authors, and this book is a perfect example why. Yes, there was no sex, but it was super sweet with adorable characters. I was cheering for Andrew and Spencer all the way. Even the side characters were awesome.

Highly recommend it!!!
Therese
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
description

N.R. Walker is one of my favorite author not only in the m/m genre but also in the romance genre. This book was cute and sweet. AGHHHH!! I NEED MORE!! THIS WAS SWEET AND FLUFFY. CAN'T GET ENOUGH!

I LOVE THE COUPLE ON THIS BOOK SO MUCH!!!

more of my artworks at: thereseandfriends
Kaje Harper
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
One of six free books available right now (Jan 2020) on Prolific Works - https://claims.prolificworks.com/gg/T...

I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this 3-book series about a professional fake-boyfriend, and the guy he ends up becoming a real boyfriend for. Spencer's character really worked for me - I could believe that the rejection in his past life had made him wary and cynical, but still more vulnerable than hard, and I liked his slow opening up to something more. I appreciated that the dr
Kade Boehme
Feb 29, 2016 marked it as to-read
Been super excited for this one. So glad to see it's getting good reviews (but it's NR Walker and she's brilliant so it's no surprise). Can't wait for all three to be out -- I no longer read books w/ the same MCs in a large story arc until all the books are out. *impatiently awaits and reads ALL the reviews*
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
Nov 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Recommended to Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘ by: BR11
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*Looking forward to next one*⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

This was actually super cute. It centers around professional fake boyfriend, Spencer Cohen (how old?) and visual animator who works for DreamWorks, Andrew Landon (26). Both of them are good people. One is shy and quick to blush, and one is kind and tells it as it is. They are quite great together and I'm looking forward to getting to know them when they are together.

Overall, I wanted more things to happen - hopefully we'll get that in book two (all
Susan
Feb 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm

What a wonderful book this turned out to be.

description

Spencer is sweet, tattooed, bearded and, he brings couples back together for a living.

description

He gets hired by Andrew, who wants to get back together with Eli, his ex-boyfriend. It’s Spencer’s job to get to know Andrew so he has enough ammo to make Eli jealous.

But when the two spend more and more time together, it becomes clear Andrew is not just a job.

I really loved this. This is an excellent start to what could be an amazing series.

This story has su
Elena
Oct 24, 2018 marked it as dnf
Dnf at 16%

I'm still trying to understand why I would need to know things like this: "He blinked and delicately put his fork on his empty plate, perfectly centred, twelve to six o’clock, whereas mine was thrown on at about ten to four."
Is it supposed to give me some kind of profound insight into their personalities?

Third try with this author, third DNF. She's clearly not for me.

Lelyana
*** FIVE SOLID 'NEW FAVORITE' STARS !***

Review now posted !
“I was sixteen,” I choked out. “And gay.”
“N’then there was you,” I mumbled. He kissed the top of my head.
“And then there was you.”

Spencer Cohen is a legal alien in LA. He came from Australia with a baggage that his only closest friends know. Acted like a cheerful trendy guy, has a business as a pretend boyfriend. Yep, that’s his job.

Enter Andrew, a guy who’s just need to know why his fiancée suddenly walked away from him w
Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥
Loved this so much.

I'm shipping Spencer and Andrew.

This is me gushing over this story. I loved this so much. It was the perfect romance story with a cliffhanger. It just felt right to me. I literally was sputtering afterwards(Thank you T.J. Klune for creating Gus). I just wanted more of it. Like 400 pages of Spencer and Andrew. They were so adorable, and my first mindset was to be a little peeved that it wasn't any sexy time in the story, but I had to remember the words of the resident Ginger st
Jaime
Feb 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 Excellent -- Lumber Sexual Stars!! I loved Spencer Cohen!!

This book is brilliant! I think we have all been there, right...been broken up with only to wish there was a way to get them back! Enter Spencer Cohen, he is the man who will make your ex step up and either reclaim you or allow you to walk away with dignity! I love the entire plot of this book then add in excellent characters, perfect supporting characters and a great setting - perfection!!

Our two MC are Spencer and Andrew. Spencer, he
Adam
BR with Mishyjo

Basically:
description

The first book in the Spencer Cohen series was sweet from front to back.

Spencer Cohen's job is to help people win their exes back. He's the pretend boyfriend, and he's good at making the exes jealous and come running back. But Spencer knows that love isn't for him. That is until he meets Andrew Landon, who is skeptical about Spencer at first, but would try anything to get back together with his fiance. Andrew is nerdy, preppy, and so very sweet.

Spencer finds h
Susan
Jan 04, 2016 rated it really liked it

Oh how I enjoyed Spencer Cohen! I'm still smiling days...weeks?...later...

It’s a delightfully tropey read…fake boyfriend, friends to lovers, opposites attract…in perfect combination.

The book is driven, really, by the charming main characters. Spencer is an escort-for-hire, specializing in helping men win back lost loves. He’s kind and empathetic. He’s tatted and sexy-as-f*ck. He’s all hipster on the outside, softie on the inside. And man, it’s kind of impossible not to love him.

Andrew i

• Virgin Flyer
  • Rule Breaker (Mixed Messages, #1)
  • Project Hero
  • Oz (Finding Home, #1)
  • Leo Loves Aries (Signs of Love, #1)
  • Rocket Science (Love Logic #1)
  • The Backup Boyfriend (The Boyfriend Chronicles, #1)
  • The Husband Gambit
  • Want Me (Extracurricular Activities #1)
  • Pretty Perfect (Boys in Makeup, #1)
  • The Blueprint (Rules of Possession, #1)
  • Charlie Sunshine (Close Proximity, #2)
  • Beyond the Sea
  • Best Man (Close Proximity, #1)
  • Nowhere Ranch
  • The Gift (Love in O'Leary, #2)
  • P.S. I Spook You (The Spectral Files, #1)
Author also writes as A. Voyeur

N.R. Walker is an Australian author, who loves her genre of gay romance. She loves writing and spends far too much time doing it, but wouldn't have it any other way.

She is many things; a mother, a wife, a sister, a writer. She has pretty, pretty boys who she gives them life with words.

She likes it when they do dirty, dirty things...but likes it even more when they fa

Spencer Cohen (4 books)
  • Spencer Cohen, Book Two (Spencer Cohen, #2)
  • Spencer Cohen, Book Three (Spencer Cohen, #3)
  • Yanni's Story (Spencer Cohen, #4)