Start by marking “The Jersey Vignettes (The Russian Guns, #5.5)” as Want to Read:
The Jersey Vignettes (The Russian Guns, #5.5)

The Jersey Vignettes

(The Russian Guns #5.5)

Ana Avdonin had always been a little difficult. Particular, hard to please, and she didn’t deny any of it. As a Bratva princess and the daughter of Anton Avdonin, she was taught that if—not when—she chose to have a man stand by her side, he should be worthy of the position.

When Koldan Vasin swept into her life like a hurricane, he quickly turned everything that Ana
Published January 4th 2016

To ask other readers questions about The Jersey Vignettes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Jersey Vignettes

Bound by Honor by Cora ReillyBound by Duty by Cora ReillyBound by Hatred by Cora ReillyNero by Sarah BrianneRuthless People by J.J. McAvoy
Mafia Romance
216 books — 112 voters
Ruthless People by J.J. McAvoyBound by Honor by Cora ReillyThe Untouchables by J.J. McAvoyAmerican Savages by J.J. McAvoyA Bloody Kingdom by J.J. McAvoy
Best Mafia Novels
217 books — 203 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of The Jersey Vignettes (The Russian Guns, #5.5)
Bev
I've said it before ... I absolutely adore the way BK writes her characters, how all consuming their love is for each other and this one was no exception.

We've already seen Ana and Koldan's love story in previous books in the series, this one is focused on getting to know them a bit more now that they're married, as well as tying up all the stories in this series and seeing some of my favourite characters living their happy in the future.

4.5 stars.
Elfina Renee
Dec 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, favorites
 photo Jersey 15.gif
Delivering another five star award winning read Bethany-Kris has neatly and effectively tied all the loose ends of the Russian Guns. Parting from the Avdonin family is like losing a piece of yourself. You’ve watched them grow, dodge bullets, explosions, and overwhelming grief. No this isn’t your average touchy, feel good daytime wanna be television show. Its life in the fast lane where mistakes can get you killed and parting is such sweet sorrows.
 photo Jersey 05.jpg
Ana Avdonin from the moment of birth was a
Ari Reavis
May 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Good addition to the series. You find out about the kids (of both Ana and Demyan) and who becomes what in the bratvah. Some unexpected action for so short a story. Koldan is a great husband and father and their love is so sweet. Sad to see the series officially end though. It was my first mafia series and it remains one of my favorites.
Bethany-Kris
Dec 28, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
The Jersey Vignettes is LIVE!

Find it here:

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Jersey-Vignette...

Keya
I should have read this sooner but I was saving it for when I needed my Russian Gun Series dosage.

And as usual this was simply perfect. This was Ana and Koldan's story and it was exactly what I needed. I love this series. I love the characters. I love the actions. I absolutely love the progression of these characters and their lives. I love everything about this series and now that I've read the final novella it truly feels like the end. Huh... maybe that's why I didn't read this sooner.
M
I loved this whole series, but we are leaving one person out! Sophia !
Book Loving Fairy-Blog
Jan 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Russian Guns series is certainly one of the few mafia series that I have loved and will always feel the need to re-read.. The Jersey Vignettes is a somewhat harmonious conclusion to a series that had its fair share of tragedy, drama, bloodbath and what not.

This novella gives us insight into the life of Ana and Koldan, from their married life together to the birth of their three adorable children. I wanted to know more on this particular couple and Bethany-Kris certainly delivered! Ana and
Michelle Cage
Dec 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another great book by this incredible author. I have absolutely loved evey book I have read of hers. The only problem with this is that this series is finally over. It was great that she put this out for her fans so we could get a glimpse of Ana's and Kolden's lives together and it did not disappoint. This series is a must read for anyone.who loves the organized crime genre but even if that's not one of your favorites it worth the read.
Bernadette Marks
Jun 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great book......

Great book I loved it so much. It was just the right ending to the series. I know you said it was a stand alone but it was a nice ending. Wish there was more to come. Would recommend it to anyone who would read it.
Spoiler Whore-Momoa
Jun 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, bethany-kris

*Read thru Kindle Unlimited*
Khanique McDaniel
Oct 24, 2017 rated it liked it
This was certainly a vignette but I don't know if I am a fan of this type of story telling outside of a couple that I already know and though we were there for their start in Demyan & Ana, Jersey is no Little Odessa and I was looking forward to getting some insight into not just Koldan but Adrik, Sophia and maybe even Cora. It recalled pieces of the life Ana and Koldan make together, from babies to attacks on their family but I left feeling unsatisfied with many questions and at least ONE ...more
Velvet Messer
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bethany Kris is the QUEEN of Mafia romance!!! When I am looking for something different and unique in the Mafia world Bethany Kris is my to go to author!!! Her books are on a completely different level!!! Always orginial even if the plots are about the same people. No book is ever the same. She is able to transport you into the world she has created!!! You find yourself loving the characters, sometimes wanting to be them, rooting for them and on some level relating to certain parts of them. ...more
Cassandra Hunt
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sweet

This last installment was short and sweet. Focusing on the Vasin family, specifically Koldan and Ana. Im a little disappointed. I expected more but I guess the story of the Russian Bratva families had to end somewhere. It was six books after all. I highly recommend the entire series. Bethany Kris is an extraordinary story teller that draws you into the lives of these characters and holds you hostage until the very end.

Sandra
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Goodbye Avdonins...

I've been enamored with the Avdonin family from the first page of the "Russian Guns" series and this insight into Ana's life neatly tied the bow! Thanks, Bethany-Kris, for the excellent series!!!
Mary
May 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Can’t believe I’m actually saying goodbye to this family for awhile...this is so bittersweet! Can’t wait to read about Vera and Roman soon (i hope)
Loved to see more of Ana and Koldan, and their kids!
Angel Bare
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4 & 1\2 's

Yeah, loved this series. This can not be read as a stand-alone. But, the best ending for this family. Good story plot from beginning to end, good secondary characters, sexy alphas, strong women, the love of family & the family.
Geraldine
May 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I hate to say good bye. And I won't, I'll probably re-read this whole series over and over again just because.

This is the third time that I went crazy following a book series, wishing that they will just continue to go on and on and on and being so ecstatic knowing that there's another book coming. I am so glad I pursued reading the book, I stopped reading after I finished the 'The Arrangement' because I'm just happy they live happily. Luckily for me, I continued to read 'The Life' after so many
Nstefa
Sep 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is about Ana's story that we've missed in the previous book quite awesome ending to a great series
Eli
Jan 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Bethany-Kris made me fall in love with the mafia in her Russian Guns series. I had never read any of her books before I read the Arrangement. Anton Avdonin puts alpha males to shame. As a Russian mafia boss, he is on a completely different level. Intense, rough and unforgiving are ways to describe him. Unless of course, he is with his family. The Russian Guns series takes us through Anton's life and that of his family. It is one of my ultimate favorite series. I recommend it to all romance ...more
Nicole Mcclain
Sep 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Thank you! Thank you!

Thank you so much for this wonderful series! I felt so connected to every character and every emotion and action they did, I experienced the same feelings. The writing capture every situation so well! So raw, powerful, sexy and loving...Love this series so much! I will definitely re-visit this series again. It maybe taboo to root for the criminal but I rooted for Anton and his family every step of the way! Recommend 100%!

And to add, Koldan...gawd!!! When we were introduced
Angeline Chandra
Jan 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is an extended ending which touched on Ana & Koldan's life a few years into their marriage.
It is heartwarming, bittersweet and yet stil a mafia romance til the end. It reminds me of Anton& Vine's story at the beginning, how their life has almost come to a full circle, and portraying peace and happiness that now surrounded Ana & Demyan after the turmoils in previous books.

It gives some insights to Anton's feeling towards Ana and oh it really bring tears because it simply shows
reneeNaDaBomb
Jan 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Jersey Vignettes: A Russian Guns Novella

Ana is my favorite character from the Avdonin family. This nugget is an enlightening look at Mrs. Ana Vasin, The Boss Koldan's queen bee. A mom to a growing family, Adrik Nicoli, Daniil Koldan and baby Sasha Viviana. A Bravta princess/daughter to Anton & Viviana. And a very strong-willed sister to Demyan...lol.

This is a wrap for the Russian Gun series and a goodbye/buy (worth the coins). I appreciate closure with this particular series because it
⏃ : ✦ villainous_reads ⏃ : ✦
5 emotional stars, sad to see this series come to an end.

I don't know what to say. I loved this novella! So sad to see this wonderful series comes to an end. Bethany Kris, you rock! I flipping loved this book, if you have not read this series you are missing out. Reading Ana and Koldan's story was so bittersweet to read, felt there love for each other in every page, and once I got to 85 % I had to read slower because I did not want it to end....

Full Review here:
Megha Sharma
Apr 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
I liked and enjoyed reading this novella. Koldan is a the perfect life partner for Anna. He loves her soooooo much!

He loves Anna and he never hides that, this is what I love about him the most. The bits and pieces of Anna and Koldan's life shown in this novella....I...Loved...It!!

And the favorite part? Roman Anton Avdonin and his "Cows are bulls" theory :P He's a hellion! Wish I could get more of him.
Mellisa Demille
Shelves: favorites
This book was provided to me by the author for an honest review.
Its is so sad to see this series go. This was the fist series I read from Bethany and I am holding back tears having it finally laid to rest. I was happy to see the end of Ana and Koldan's story, it was such a great end to such a treacherous journey. I am again a happy camper with this bittersweet ending and how the family have evolved over time.

Thank you Bethany for such a great series! Definitely on my best read of all time!
Tracy
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It was a great added bonus to my favorite series ever Russian Guns. It was everything I had hoped for. Ana and Koldan had such great chemistry, almost as good as Anton and Vine. Loved seeing her grown up but still her papa's Dushka. So sad to see this awesome series end. I could read about this family forever. Lol hope you all enjoy it
Daniela
Jul 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great ending to an AWESOME SERIES! I'm sorry that's its over - you get invested in these people's lives and just want to continue on with them. Too short mind you but it was great to get a better insight into Ana and Koldan's relationship. A little frightening at the end especially what could have happened but I understood where she came from and also where he comes from. Goodbye for now!
Kookie's
Jan 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mafia, novella
It was sooo good to finally read Ana and Koldan's story. This might be a shorter read than the usual but it covered the more important points in their life together. We were already able to read how it all began in the third book of this series but it was much better to go deeper into their story and into their ups and downs. Let's just say that life in the Bratva is never, ever boring.
Annie Butts
Jan 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm pretty sure I begged for these outtakes before I found out Bethany was writing them. After reading Demyan and Ana I wanted more of Ana and Kolden's story and this novella really satisfied that need.
The glimpses of their lives was a great follow up to the series. Seeing them together was everything I wanted it to be. Thanks bethany for doing this for us.
Sara
May 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful. The Russian guns was one of the first mob boss series I read and I loved it. Later on when I heard there were more with their kids I couldn't resist. I loved the ride and I'm glad that I loved it the whole time.

• Where the Snow Falls (Seasons of Betrayal, #2)
  • Luca Vitiello (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles #0)
  • Twisted Bonds (The Camorra Chronicles #4)
  • Until the End (Volkov Bratva, #2)
  • The Final Hour (Volkov Bratva, #3)
  • The Lone Wolf (Wolf #3)
  • In the Beginning (Volkov Bratva, #1)
  • Twisted Emotions (The Camorra Chronicles #2)
  • Twisted Loyalties (The Camorra Chronicles, #1)
  • Twisted Pride (The Camorra Chronicles #3)
  • Acquainted
  • The Wolf and His Wife (Wolf #2)
  • A Bloody Kingdom (Ruthless People, #4)
  • Torn (Dark Legacy Duet #2)
  • Sweet Fall (Sweet Home, #2; Carillo Boys, #1)
  • Salvatore (Benedetti Brothers #1)
  • Taken (Dark Legacy Duet, #1)
  • The Wolf and the Sheep (Wolf #1)
Bethany-Kris is a Canadian author, lover of much, and mother to four young sons, one cat, and three dogs. A small town in Eastern Canada where she was born and raised is where she has always called home. With her boys under her feet, snuggling cat, barking dogs, and a hubby calling over his shoulder, she is nearly always writing something ... when she can find the time.

To keep up-to-date with new

The Russian Guns (5 books)
  • The Arrangement (The Russian Guns, #1)
  • The Life (The Russian Guns, #2)
  • The Score (The Russian Guns, #3)
  • Demyan & Ana (The Russian Guns, #4)
  • Shattered (The Russian Guns, #5)