Start by marking “A Game of Thrones: The Story Continues The Complete Box Set of All 7 Books by Martin, George R. R. ( AUTHOR ) Jul-12-2012 Paperback” as Want to Read:

HBO's hit series A GAME OF THRONES is based on George R R Martin's internationally bestselling series A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE, the greatest fantasy epic of the modern age.
Paperback
Published July 12th 2012 by HarperCollins Publishers

To ask other readers questions about A Game of Thrones, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Game of Thrones

Jonesy
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I hated many characters at the beginning and throughout most of the books. By the end, I didn't hate anyone, with the exception of Cersei. Instead, I am rooting for everyone to make it. Poor bastards. What will George do to you in Book 8?
Nelson
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Currently on the fifth book of the set, the epic scope of the series and its themes merged with the pervasive, 'All men must die'. My nephew said, "Fabulous stories but everybody dies!" George Martin's literary descriptions of death are more powerful than the crass body count of the video nasty (archaic phrase dates me), so I am enjoying the sustained sense of mortality the book generates in me.
Anna
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
So gritty, you never know what youre going to get with A Game of Thrones. Word of advice before reading these books- try not to get attached to characters...they will most likely be killed off in a very gruesome, heart breaking manner.
Tracey-anne McCartney
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
George is an incredible writer. I am in awe of the way he cleverly, artfully, tells this epic tale from so many perspectives. The wit and politics are masterful. Each character is relatable and you feel like you're living in the story with them. The style of fantasy is down-to-earth, fundamentally people are the same in his fiction as the ones we interact with on different levels in the present, just told in a more elaborate way. :o) I eagerly await more.
Georgia
Sep 07, 2018
Lin Harink
Jan 08, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »
George R.R. Martin was born September 20, 1948, in Bayonne, New Jersey. His father was Raymond Collins Martin, a longshoreman, and his mother was Margaret Brady Martin. He has two sisters, Darleen Martin Lapinski and Janet Martin Patten.