Start by marking “Eighteen: 18” as Want to Read:

Eighteen: 18

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  8,384 ratings  ·  1,196 reviews
Eighteen is hard.
And so is Mateo Alesci.
He’s hard to read, hard to predict, hard in every way that counts. He wants things from me.
Dirty things, nasty things, forbidden things.
And I have to give in.
His attention is completely inappropriate, but I can’t say no. The way he looks at me… the way he watches me through my bedroom window… the way he drags me deeper and deeper int
Published November 18th 2015 by Science Future Press

To ask other readers questions about Eighteen, please sign up.
V. PARENTAL GUIDANCE: A Court of Wings and Ruin is NEW ADULT/EROTICA but Goodreads editors won't tell you I think it's more NA but in my humble opinion the author was trying more for erotica. Not that's something bad.
Sammie Olivia is her niece, who is just a baby.

·  8,384 ratings  ·  1,196 reviews

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

★★★★ ! Eighteen (18) (stand-alone) Turn eighteen ☑ Care for my niece ☑ Have reckless and kinky sex with my teacher ☑ Make it through the year…..

“Should we make it even?”
“Wha— How?”
“I’ll let you watch me get off tomorrow in class. Don’t be late.”

The year she turned Eighteen (stand-alone) changed everything for high school senior Shannon Drake. In fact a series of events coming to a boil that school year would turn he life upside down, change the direction of her life, even threaten her f
Christy
5 stars!

photo 3B1E5EBF-2949-441A-8473-E977DCCDF432_zps9h52lvpg.jpg

When I first saw the blurb for this book, I was crazy excited to read it. It’s got all kinds of things I love and I just knew it would be a winner. I mean, look at this…

Student/Teacher
18/28
Forbidden Love
Taboo
Steamy
Written by JA Huss

Yeah, it was pretty much a guarantee I was going to love this book! 18 starts out on our heroine, Shannon’s 18th birthday. She is having a pretty awful day and as it goes on, it only seems to get worse.
Eighteen had better improve fast. Because if this is
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Nov 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!!

description

Even if this was my first full length novel by J.A. Huss, I didn’t know what to expect reading this one. The blurb will tell is a student-teacher romance and that’s it. But it won’t tell you how addicting or steamy it is. Oh yeah…it really is! Is safe to say this little gem was the most unconventional student-teacher I have ever read. Honestly I’ve never expected to be so steamy, but hey…I can complain, because I enjoyed every one of these scenes.

“Eighteen had better improve fast. Be
Jennifer Kyle
Nov 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 STARS

description

J.A. Huss delivers a “based on a true story” read that is well written, fast paced, and so very addicting.

”He holds all the power. He holds all the cards. He holds my entire future in his hands. And I have to give in. Because Mr. Alesci is my teacher.”

description

Eighteen year old, Shannon Drake’s life gets thrown off course with the death of her sister. She’s moved to yet another new school and this time it’s in California. The information presented to her that she has to attend night school if
Michelle
Shelves: 01-signed
 photo 17762754-d5dd-40ef-bace-c5b1925df28b_zpsinpsbqwh.jpg

We know when it comes to romance with a twist JA Huss does it like no other so when the blurb for 18 surfaced and I learned that her next project was going to be the of the student/teacher variety, I was excited. I knew this would not be typical. I knew that she was going to push the envelope. I knew I’d have to struggle to balance my kindle on my knee as I took care of those damn pesky pants. Why are they always in the damn way?

Shannon is having the worst birthday ever.
Scratch that.
The worst
S.M. West

5 Trig STARS

Eighteen is just one of the countless reasons why Julie Huss is one of my all time fave authors!! From the first word, this book had it’s hooks in me and I. Could. Not. Put. It . Down.

photo 183_zpsd7fiiipj.jpg

Holy Sh*t! This was one HOT read! Mateo Alesci, can you be MY teacher?

“Welcome to eighteen, Shannon. The age when life gets to kick your ass over and over and all you get to do is stand there and take it.”

This story starts on the day of Shannon Drake's 18th birthday. This girl has had a rough life and
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4.5 "Welcome to Eighteen" Stars!

photo Eighteen - J. A. Huss_zps89rpofwn.png

First of all, I AM SO SORRY guys, it's been like forever since I read this book and well with all the holidays and family reunions I haven't had time to write this review. Again, I apologise for taking so long!! I appreciate your patience, really! <33

I was so exicted to read this, I mean.. who does not enjoy a taboo teacher/student romance? ;) Eighteen is my first book by J. A. Huss but now I can say it will not be the last one! I really enjoyed this, even tho
Pearl Angeli
3.5 Stars

Well, that was crazy hot.

description

Eighteen: 18 is a teacher-student romance book that is laced with a dark theme. The story started off when Shannon Drake turned eighteen. Life should be great now that she's celebrating her birthday. However, that's not the case for Shannon. Life started to suck big time when pressure from her studies got into full swing. Not to mention the fact that her sister just recently died and she was left with a baby niece and an abusive brother-in-law. Turning eighteen
Beverly
Nov 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing

JA Huss is one of my absolute favorite authors, so when she announced she was doing a student/teacher book I about went crazy! Here’s why, because I absolutely love forbidden books and student/teacher is about as good as it gets. I went into this book with extremely high expectations and I wasn’t disappointed. It is everything forbidden love should be.

“You’re an unmissable girl. You’re a fucking explosion in a bottle waiting to happen. People talk to you because they can’t help but see you.”
Amy | Foxy Blogs
Nov 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
When I saw JA Huss had a new book based on a true story (hers) come out and it was listed for $.99 [http://amzn.to/1MB6xsX] I didn't even think twice. You can't buy very many things in life for $.99 and this one promised to give us a glimpse into an author I've been reading for the last 3 years life.

"Happy birthday. Welcome to eighteen."
Shannon has a shitty 18th birthday. I remember my 18th birthday and what my life was like and I can honestly say I don't know anyone who had this type of upbr
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo barel_zpszxjxbmdu.gif

Eighteen. JA Huss can only make turning eighteen so suspenseful, sexy, and intriguing. In true JA Huss signature and fashion, Ms. Huss paints a literary tale with her gorgeous and deliciously steamy prose and raw characters. Eighteen may have be considered a forbidden trope but only J.A. Huss can make a forbidden romance a suspenseful twisty journey.

#18

If you didn't get the message, then I will say it again JA Huss is a genius mastermind who
Kim Bailey
JA Huss has enthralled me, AGAIN!

This book is slightly disturbing, very compelling, and completely captivating. The raw, gritty and almost hopeless perspective had my gut churning at times. I will not lie ... parts of this book gave me some serious anxiety. I really felt like I may have a nervous breakdown, right alongside the main character (Shannon).

There is nothing better (for me) than a book that takes a hard look at life and the people we encounter in it. Knowing that this book is self-ref
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Mateo Alesci. You're so hot as fuck!!! Thank you so much for the mind blowing hours... :-D

I'm quite satisfied... :-D
J o d i  B i b l i o p h i l e ♥
 photo FB_IMG_1448122803369_zpsa4yhfuqg.jpg

I have just three words for this book...

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!

So yesterday I kept thinking about Teacher/Student books. I always have theses little periods where I just have to read one and move on.

I was searching through Goodreads and found a shelf full of Teacher/Student romance and having read most I was finding it hard to pick one.

So I come across Eighteen by JA Huss.

I've only read one of her books before and it fucking blew me away! The reason I loved that book was there was so fucking much go
Violina The Romance Lover
4 "HOLY HOTNESS" stars

Eighteen is hard. And so is Mateo Alesci.

“I’ll fu&$ your brains out and you will forget all about starting over because what I will do to your body will be so addictive, you will never want me to stop. Do you understand?”

Me:

This is my first book by JA Huss and needless to say I was impressed! I expected a forbidden sort of romance. Some dirty times and cheesy moments but I was wrong .
This book delivers a lot! And the fact the it's based on a true story
Jayme

It's an absolute PLEASURE to read such a kinky, dirty and taboo book. Impossibly smutty and sinfully addictive. I think I'm a little bit in love with J.A. Huss now... Make sure to read End of book shit at the end.

About the plot: It begins at Shannon 18th birthday, which she spends on consultations at her new school, where she learns that in order to finish school must pass additional classes in her senior year. She is not happy about it, and this is just the tip of the recent rough and unpleas
A_Ryan
1.5 stars.

The writing is good. The author knows what she's doing and there is a certain confidence that lingers between the lines.

However, there is absolutely no romance here. So if you're after a forbidden love/taboo romance, there's a lot of sex here, written in explicit detail, right down to the string of saliva that lingers afterwards...but very little chemistry or romance to justify the risks the two main characters take.

I truly hated the heroine in this book. Truly. She was so naive and im
Elle
3* STARS!

I almost DNF this book.

Shannon Drake just turned 18 when all shit happened to her. Her eighteen really sucks at this point after she met the mesmerizing green eyes with fucking hot biker boots came to the school office. Shannon never expect that the green eyes man is gonna be her teacher for extra credit. It seems Mr. Mateo Alesci isn't just a regular teacher. He's super hot with tattoos and holy awesome body.

Shannon is emotionally unstable and childish. She's irritated me many times. H
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃

Hero: 6/10
Humour: 3/10
Hotness: 6/10
Romance: 1/10
Extra book Details: Heroine POV; 1st person. Stand alone, possibly a first in a series.

Eighteen is about Shannon, who has a hard life, and is getting an even harder birthday, now she's Eighteen, things should be looking up. But stuff goes awry. And to top it all off, her new private teacher, Mateo, is pretty demanding.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Penny
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
I quite liked this book.I read it in almost one go.

This is not your typical lovey dove new adult romance. Sexually, it goes straight to the point, no messing around, no hold ups. The sex is not packed with any kind of big emotional meaning. The sex is sex, it is fun. Then you have their relationships, their lives, and yes, their sexual relationship is a big part of their intimate relationship, but they can be separate too. Emotionally, there is angst and drama in this story, so I was hooked.
I l
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
This book....oh this book is all kinds of cray-cray! I started out reading and I was not sold on the whole thing. I was trying my best to "get there" when suddenly a taboo love story between a come from nothing high school senior and her math teacher/tutor got real!

Taboo? Ummmm...pretty much, but then again it's Huss so it is all kinds of wrong! Before getting all bent out of shape, take note that Shannon is EIGHTEEN and the only thing inappropriate here is my absolute love for the dark intensit
Eda** # Dax Lahn's Golden Tigress  #

** 4,5-5 “We’re home.” STARS **

“I can’t understand the answer to my problem unless I understand the process of working it out. Are you my problem, Mateo? Or my answer?”

“Which do you want me to be?”

BOTH.

description

J.A. Huss can write anything. This woman... GOSH.

And that EOBS at the end... Damn, you naughty girl! :P

P.S: I have to admit that Danny Alexander, aka Sunday, totally stole the show for me. I mean, he has a My Chemical Romance shirt guys... How can I not fall for him after THAT as one of
Sabrina
3.5 'I Need Mateo NOW' Stars

Shannon's eighteenth birthday was supposed to be a good one, being an adult and all that. But instead of having a good day she has a shit-tastic day and it all starts with being told she needs to take another Math class in order to graduate She goes after school to meet her math teacher who has agreed to teach a math class just for her so she can graduate. But when she get's there she never expected to see the hottest guy she's ever laid eyes on sitting in the classro
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Nov 20, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015

“It’s scary, Mateo.”
“It doesn’t have to be, Shannon.”

This book is not at all what we expected – to be honest that is exactly what we were expecting, after all this is JA Huss we’re talking about. You never know what you’re going to get as she likes to mess with your mind. After our last few reads which were quite emotional and morose we needed something easy to read with a few laughs and some heat. We sure got that in abundance whilst at the same time thinking bloody hell this is effed up.

“Do
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
Nov 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
 photo 18_zpshpm2bdqm.jpg

I must say I was a little conflicted about reading this type of book. I'm not a fan of teacher/student relationships, especially when I have kids that fall in the range of the story. But I decided, as I really enjoy the writing style of the author, to give it a go and I was so glad I did.

The 18/28 year old characters- 18 yr old Shannon and 28 yr old Mateo. This was wrong on so many levels but on so many levels it worked. The time and place of the story - the needs and wants of Shannon's - her
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

OK, where do I start?!?!
I do NOT love Teacher-Student-Romances!
The last one I can remember reading only got 3 stars because the teacher was just too old and it was too creepily pedo for my tastes.
This here was much better. She's just turned 18 and he's 28. And he's not really her school-teacher, but a guy at the night-school she has to go to, to get her missing credits. I'm kinda ok with that.

(I just don't know what's so hot about those teacher fantasies??? There's so many better things to fanta
Jessica Gadziala
Nov 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
3.5

Alright. My first Huss as well as the first NA that I've read in forever. Let's start with what I did like- JA's writing style. The story had an effortless flow. I didn't find myself skimming. Not once. At all (I tend to do a lot of skimming when books get a bit long-winded). I kept being shocked when I would look at my progress bar and see how far I had gotten.

I also liked Sunday. There aren't enough words to describe how much I loved Sunday. Shannon should have been with Sunday. Case clos
m •  the professional fangirl
1 "Not for me" star

Ok, so I tried reading this, but it's just not working for me. I'm a huuuuuuuge fan of teacher/student romance. They're my favorite by far. BUT this one simply didn't do it for me. It was all sex and no story. I guess if you're looking for a sexy, fast-paced and easy read, this is the perfect book for you. However, I was looking for something with more substance. I don't enjoy books that don't really have a story other than sex, sex, and more sex.

Also, the writing wasn't all
Eve (Between The Bookends)
I enjoyed this one for the most part. I think the book would have been a lot better if Mateo's background had been much more fleshed out, and we had gotten some of the story from his POV. The ending was also rushed, with very little explanation given for the plethora of revelations the author dumps on us.

I am starting to see a pattern with this author. The stories are fantastic up until the "twists" or "revelations" (which always come super late into the book), and then we get a rushed ending w
Searching for a book similar younger girl/ older guy 7 92 Sep 06, 2016 07:31AM
C.D.'s Canaries: 18 BR 12/7/15 86 61 Jan 24, 2016 08:30PM
Some Like It Hot!: Decėṃber BʘTM~ Eighteen J.A. HUSS 50 80 Jan 04, 2016 07:58AM
Fifty Shades of R...: December 2015 ~ Eighteen (18) by J.A. Huss 26 151 Dec 28, 2015 11:31AM

• Explicit Detail (Explicit, #2)
  • Glass Cage
  • Forever a Lord (The Rumor, #3)
  • Opulence (The Excess, #1)
  • Secret Heir (Dynasty, #1)
  • Sweet Seduction Sabotage (Sweet Seduction, #6)
  • Dark Notes
  • Beautiful Torment (Beautiful, #1)
  • Untouched (Silver Creek, #2)
  • Lady Of The Knight (Knights, #3;  The Brocade #4)
  • Ambrosia (Nectar #2)
  • Sweetest Sorrow (Forbidden, #2)
  • The Widow (The Professor, #3)
  • The Last Guardian Rises (The Last Keeper's Daughter, #2)
  • Getting Played (Jail Bait, #2)
  • Becoming His Muse - Part 2 (Becoming His Muse, #2)
  • Distraction (The Distraction Trilogy, #1)
  • Dark Duet: Platinum Edition (Dark Duet, #1-3.5)
J.A. Huss never wanted to be a writer and she still dreams of that elusive career as an astronaut. She originally went to school to become an equine veterinarian but soon figured out they keep horrible hours and decided to go to grad school instead. That Ph.D wasn’t all it was cracked up to be (and she really sucked at the whole scientist thing), so she dropped out and got a M.S. in forensic toxic ...more
“Anaheim. One story, possibly an attic, with those thick columns on either side of the front porch. We’re not in front, which is good. I don’t need any nosy neighbors seeing me here with him. We’re in the back where he’s got a huge five-car garage. I’m not kidding, five cars. That garage has to be twice the size of the house. “What’s with the massive garage?” I ask. “Cars,” he says. OK, asshole. Remind me again why I’m with him and not Sunday? I follow him up the back steps and he holds the door open for me, waving me forward. He grabs my” 0 likes
“Hawaii for spring break.” 0 likes