Start by marking “Amazon Echo User Guide: Newbie to Expert in 1 Hour!” as Want to Read:
Amazon Echo User Guide: Newbie to Expert in 1 Hour!

Amazon Echo User Guide: Newbie to Expert in 1 Hour!

Here it is - The Amazon Echo User Manual that should have come in the box! BONUS - Sign up to our free monthly newsletter and never miss news, views, tips and tricks of your favorite streaming media devices, including the Amazon Echo. From the Number 1 Best Selling authors in Computers and Technology, this clear and concise guide will show you how to get the very best from ...more
Published October 14th 2015 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published September 10th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Amazon Echo User Guide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Amazon Echo User Guide

Start your review of Amazon Echo User Guide: Newbie to Expert in 1 Hour!
Amanda
Dec 02, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-review-2017
Tom and Jenna Edwards are Amazon's pet technical writers and for good reason. This user guide begins with admitting that none of this is new or even elusive information, only that it has been culled from websites and product inserts far and wide and presented here in this simple, singular place. I appreciate a healthy dose of honesty in a technical manual.

As an Alexa owner (or does she own me now?) I can attest to some of the quirks she has and how frustrating they can be. It only seems reasona
Frank Bertino
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Useful

This book is a good manual for the Echo. it answered a lot of questions about interfacing with other devices and setting up the things that I want to do. I will keep this book available for reference.
David Stymiest
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Did the job

This quickly read book did the job it advertised. I especially liked the hyperlinks. I didn't go into the IFTTT processes, however I expect to do that within the next few days.
Traceylee
May 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Why

It helps me understand my device and tees you new things to try. Some of the stuff you would never think of
Karen
some instruction is better then no instruction but I was hoping for more. the echo is simple to use but Alexa can be very picky about phrasing. That's what we really need is a primer on ways to form questions so that Alexa gives you the answer you are looking for. Some of the information on how to get your flash briefing isn't quite correct. When you ask for skip, it leaves the service instead of skipping to the next story. ...more
John Hufnagel
Sep 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Quick Read

As a long time Echo user this book told me little I didn't already know. It did however remind me of a few things that I had I forgotten about. It explains a few things more clearly than the original tutorials. A good example is the use of the IFTTT app. I never could figure that one out. Until now.
Thank you Tom and Jenna for another simple insight to a complicated world.
Art Peterse
Dec 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good basic book

This book tells you the basics of operating the Amazon Echo, and gives you a good running start. I liked that it went through most of the most common functions. I wish that some of them were explained in more detail. Also, the software will be changing so rapidly that I will be starting a newer and more complex book next. I recommend this book to anyone who wants to take advantage of as many of the functions as is possible.
Barbara Chandler
Feb 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wait...what?

I found helpful information here and some I couldn't imagine to know I would ever understand. IFTTT, I don't understand it at all, this guide is the first time seeing it. I hope I get to the point where I'm asking Alexa more than the weather and adding things to my shopping list! I would be wearing out the pages if this were a physical book!
Thank you authors for this guide.
Bill Harrill
May 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book gives you the basics about using Echo before you purchase it to let you know what to expect.

Simple and easy to understand. Direct and to the point. Filled with a lot of tips and extras. Up to date.
Stefanie Dye
Seems dated already

The instructions for adding a household member don't match what's on my app, and being a connected household member doesn't seem to offer any benefit. It is taking me some time to master my Echo, and this guide doesn't seem to help much.
Agastya Chowdhary
Nothing great but helpful book !!

Book imparts knowledge which already is present on Amazon's site. Nothing special. No new tricks or tips. Not a must read.
Daniela Bosque
Jan 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
OK for the basics!

The book has all the necessary information to get you started. Plus it has a section on IFTT plus links to Amazon.
Kimz Bat_Chick
Feb 04, 2019
Karen
Dec 24, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• NYPD Red (NYPD Red, #1)
  • Amazon Echo Dot: A Complete User Guide (2017 Edition)
  • Amazon Alexa: Ultimate User Guide 2017 for Amazon Echo, Echo Dot & Amazon Tap +500 Secret Easter Eggs included.