Start by marking “The Last First Game (The Senior Semester, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Last First Game (The Senior Semester, #1)

The Last First Game

(The College Pact)

Sexy surfers. Epic parties. Wild nights.

Welcome to my senior year of college.

At least, this is what I imagine when I accept a semester-long medical internship in LA, California.

But reality trumps imagination when I meet him.

Cade Wilkins, Astor University football god and projected NFL draft pick. With thundercloud eyes, a teasing smirk, and a ripped body, Cade is my gam
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 310 pages
Published November 1st 2015 by Gina Azzi (first published October 29th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Last First Game, please sign up.
Gina Azzi Hello! Thanks so much for your interest in The Last First Game! It is only available through Kindle for a digital copy (not available in the Middle Ea…moreHello! Thanks so much for your interest in The Last First Game! It is only available through Kindle for a digital copy (not available in the Middle East store) and Amazon.com for paperback. Hope this helps. Happy Reading!(less)

Start your review of The Last First Game (The Senior Semester, #1)
RJ
Coco.V
Jan 22, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (1/22/2020)! 🎁
Anne OK
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well-done college sports-related romance by Gina Azzi. I loved both main characters who, up until senior year, have lived almost perfect lives. This final year will challenge both in unthinkable ways.

From the utterly charming meet/greet through the last page, my mind was engaged and fully into the future NFL draft and doctor-to-be's stories -- before meeting and after. There are some possible triggers -- heads up for roofies and attempted rape on college campuses. It's there but not overly deta
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
In all honesty when I first read the synopsis of this book I wasn’t sure if I would like it. But Gina Azzi has become a one click author for me so I had to give it a whirl. And wow, am I glad that I did! The twists and turns of this book were very unexpected. The characters had to deal with some very difficult issues and they were written in a real way. This book is goosebumps galore! And that’s the thing about Gina Azzi’s books that I love. The characters are real people. I connect instantly wi ...more
SheReads
Jan 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was about as real as life gets.

Lila is your typical college student. She's going away for a semester to accomplish her last step before med school and is scared to leave her friends behind. They've been with her every step of the way since freshman year of college. I could relate to the terror of college winding down.

All her fears disappear when she meets Cade, golden boy extraordinaire. He's a football star on track for the NFL. But, for now, he's still just a college student. There'
Chrissy
3 1/2 Stars

The Last First Game I thought was going to be a lighthearted college romance, but it was so much more. The characters in this book dealt with some heavy hitting issues in this book, and I wasn’t prepared for some of the twists and turns the author took us on.

For her senior year of college, Lila is spending her first semester away in California at Astor College and made a pact with her 3 best friends to live the best life while they are all away.
Bibliophile  Chloe
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was so glad to have the opportunity to read this revamped story.  I hadn't read the first version so I was coming into this story with fresh eyes and an open mind.

Now I will admit that young adult stories are not usually my go to when picking out a read, but I am glad to say that this story has really changed my thinking.

This is Lila and Cade's story.  Yes they are young, seniors in college, but the issues they face and the way that their love grows makes them mature beyond their years.

Yes the
Jennifer D.
Jun 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
All the feels!

Such a sweet, emotional story. I was expecting a simple sweet love story but got so much more. I love Lila and Cade! They totally clicked from the start and all the sh*t they went through couldn't tear them apart. 😍
Secretly Adorkable Readers
A college football romance with an emotional twist between two people from differently sides of the states. A pretty quick read with some unexpected situations thrown in where you least expect.
Shirley Frances
Nov 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series, new-adult, 2015
To an outsider, Lila Avers seems to have her life on the right track. She has the support of an awesome group of friends and will be starting a new medical internship in LA. Still she struggles with family issues and her career choice, so she really doesn't have time for a new relationship. But fate has other plans for her when she meets a handsome stranger in the airport while waiting for her plane to take her to LA.

Cade Wilkins has it all--a great family, a fantastic group of friends and a pos
Moon Love
Nov 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Something about the synopsis of this book called to me. I'm so glad I listened to my instincts and read the book. I really enjoyed reading it. There's a great blend of romance, friendship, and emotion that grabbed my attention. At the heart of the book is a sports romance, but there's so much more to it.

I loved that the book was told from both points of view, especially with everything Cade and Lila experience. It was really easy to like Lila and Cade. They were friendly, considerate, and talent
Patrick Hodges
Jun 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I've become a big fan of Gina Azzi. Her characters are well-drawn, realistic, and could be people that you actually know (or knew). Her stories are invariably sweet and romantic, stories written about love and all the highs and lows that go with it.

Cade Wilkins is on the fast-track to the NFL as he begins his senior year. Lila is parting ways with her three best friends to head to California for a spell while she works out her own problems - her divorced parents and a career choice her father is
Caroline F
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was really good and the storyline was totally unexpected!

"Our eyes catch and the heat that flares in his does things to me, things that normally don't happen."

Lila Avers has made a pact with her best friends to embrace her best life and make her senior year at college an epic one. It gets off to a rocking start when she meets the most gorgeous guy at JFK on her way to her internship in California. Turns out that he's en route to the same destination.

"She's straight-up fierce, commandi
Karen_
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Last First Game: A College Romance (The College Pact Series Book 1) - Gina Azzi

Reading a college romance was a bit different, since I’m old enough to have gone to College probably 6 or 7 times over. That being said the further into this book I got the more I enjoyed it.

Gina Azzi obviously connects to her story and as a reader if you turn off your age-o-meter you also find that you can connect and enjoy the story.
Cade and Lila become fast friends when they meet at the boarding gate to fly out
Bethany
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lila has everything going for her and she's on the path to be a doctor. At least that's what people think. The truth is Lila isn't sure what she wants to do. Her dad is the one pushing her towards med school. Her home life hasn't been easy either since the divorce, which is why she's more than happy to escape to Astor University in California. However, she didn't expect to meet Cade.

Cade is the star football player at Astor University. He's also very popular, but when Lila catches his eye at the
Carey
This book just left me confused and let down.

(view spoiler)
Jennifer Pierson
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm not getting into any sort of description of this story because it was nothing like I thought it would be, so in order for me not to give any clues whatsoever, I'm going to make this review short & sweet, and probably very cryptic. The talented Gina Azzi is definitely an author who knows how to zag when I think she's going to zig, so it's safe to say that The Last First Game has a ton of twists in it that had the f-bombs dropping along with giant twists that had colorful metaphor warnings in ...more
A.
May 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
*** 4.5***

ARC COPY

This was my first book by Gina Azzi. How I got an ARC in my email I am not sure, might have signed up during a giveaway (i do that a lot). Either way this most definitely wont be my last book. I thoroughly enjoyed it. While I wish I could give it 5 stars there were just a few questions left that weren't addressed or maybe I missed. Maybe they will be answered in the next books or maybe that is how the author meant for it to be. For us to use our own imaginations. I am not sure
Kari Hansen
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lila is a college senior who is heading to California for her final semester. Although she will miss the friends who have been by her side through thick and thin she will honor the promise she made to them to have fun and have the best semester of her life. She certainly got off to a good start when she meets Cade at the airport.

Cade’s life appears to be golden as he is a star player on the football team and is destined for the NFL. From the moment that he meets Lila he knows that she is special
Sharon Jones
May 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Reviewed on behalf of 3 Degrees of Fiction book blog
I love the premise of this series. Four best girlfriends making a pact to live their senior year to its greatest potential.
This is book one and features Lila and Cade. I thought the way they met was unique - well to me anyway. Their relationship went from zero to one hundred in a matter of a couple of weeks. Not long after they decide to be together, tragedy strikes Cade.
Well this was basically when I started to ugly cry. And I pretty much kept
Kathy Rouchelle
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There are some books that when you read them you want to say so much in the review that you could simply spill the whole story out very quickly. Cole and Lila's story is one of these and as I sat here trying to decide just what to say, how to describe this book I decided that the less I said the better it would be for the reader. If you get this book, and man I hope you do, you will fall into their world, and maybe, just maybe recognize some things from your college days, if you went to college. ...more
Melissa
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing

This is Book #1 in The Senior Semester Series and my first book by this author. I don't normally read books where the characters are in college, but there was something that drew me to wanting to read this book and the other 3 in this series. I was curious to see what happened between these 4 friends.

I love how Lila and Cade met at the airport. It was Cade, who had to change something in order to get to know Lila (read the book to find out what he did). The relationship between Lila and Cade wa
Heartofabooklover
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is such a sweet love story that just swept me away. It does deal with some heavy issues that could be potential Triggers.

This is a college sports romance. Lila is headed to California for a semester in her senior year. She has made a pact with her three best friends to live their best lives during this last year. In the airport to head to California she meets Cade, with the storm cloud eyes & ripped body. Cade also in his senior year was headed back to school to finish his senior year, as a
Jamielee
If you’re looking for a nice clean sports romance this is your book.
Sex? We get a poetic version of it one time no specific details just a round about understanding they had sex. For me that was a hard miss. I like my romance books raunchy but I understand some like it clean.
OW? Kind of for 2 pages but not really. As soon as she appears she disappears.
Tropes? Yes. 2 big ones people like to use that I think was overkill. The author wanted to make both characters go thru something extremely dra
Nicole Ortiz
Jun 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A sweet, emotional story. Lila makes a pact with her friends before they all go their separate ways to live their senior year to the fullest date hot guys and go to wild parties. On her way to California where she is studying for a semester she runs into Cade star football player, attraction is instant. A beautiful story of college life, friends, football and trying to figure out what you want to do in life. It also deals with two emotional issues cancer and sexual assault. This was the first bo ...more
Rusti
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
sweet and emotional love story

Wow. The journey that Lila and Cade travel is paved with vulnerability and tragedy, but also friendship, humor and love. This emotional and touching love story is not just about two young co-eds finding themselves, and each other, through heartbreaking situations, but also sheds light on important issues that are often ignored. This is not just a college love story, but a truly thought-provoking journey with a beautiful HEA. I highly recommend reading Cade & Lila's
Leigh Ann Atwood
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Affirming

I found this very bright read of two young people turning the corner on their lives. One is torn by her parents divorce and her fathers pressure to pursue a career that really doesn’t appeal. Interestingly, a violent attempted rape serves as the catalyst for her to seize her life’s story. Her boyfriend isn’t so lucky. Is chosen career is snatched from him. Add some true friends and villains into the mix for some sideline drama. Good pace. Good read.
Sonja Ton
May 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book went from happy go lucky, carefree Youth to serious in quite a short amount of time. Both MC’s experience hardship and have to overcome it on their own. I guess it’s quite like real life. Sometimes you just don’t get the life you expect and deserve. I felt horrible for the both of them. They have a great group of friends and much support. Not wanting to spoil anything, just be ready to go on an emotional roller coaster.
Messy Bun Book Blog
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Whoa....this book is so full of feels! I enjoyed seeing Cade & Lila meet each other and just give in to their attraction. I laughed when they both were so sure that nothing serious could happen. And I sobbed for both of them when life got real and insanely tough.
I loved this book. Although I will say that I read reviews with spoilers, and I’m glad I did. Personally knowing what to expect helped, but I think either way it would be enjoyable!
« previous 1 3 next »

• No Paine No Gain (The Treehouse Boys #2)
  • Swinging Strike (Cessna U Wildcats #1)
  • Dirty Player
  • Interference (St. Michaels Duet, #1)
  • Bending the Rules (The Dating Playbook #1)
  • Stealing Home: St. Michaels Duet - Book 2
  • Frat House Confessions: Ridge
  • Close to Me (The Callahans, #1)
  • Breaking Defenses (BSU Football, #1)
  • Hatemates
  • Hopeless Romantic (McCabe Brothers, #1)
  • Tormented Part II (Elginvale High #2)
  • Hard As Steel (The Treehouse Boys #1)
  • The Hard Way
  • When Rivals Fall (Bayshore Rivals #1)
  • Collide (Madison Falls High, #1)
  • Cruel Player
  • Ten Hours (Ten Hours, #1)
Hi! I'm Gina and I write realistic, relatable, sweet New Adult and Contemporary Romance books. A NJ native, I have lived and worked abroad before settling in Canada with my husband and Littles. Although I can't iron (at all), I am a passionate reader, frequent globetrotter, and aspiring baker (recipes appreciated!). I love hearing from fellow readers so please connect!

VISIT MY AMAZON AUTHOR PAGE!

The College Pact (4 books)
  • Kiss Me Goodnight in Rome (The College Pact Series)
  • All the While (The College Pact Series)
  • Me + You (The College Pact Series)