Start by marking “His Muse” as Want to Read:
His Muse

His Muse

3.8  ·  Rating details ·  41 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
No one had ever looked at me like that. Especially not the hottest man I’d ever seen. He had the lean, tan muscles of a world class athlete, thick black hair, huge hands marbled by big veins. Before he picked up his camera to shoot, he looked at me with eyes that could have set me on fire.

Nothing else mattered; he was all I wanted.

But when Daniel Baldessari called me “unda

To ask other readers questions about His Muse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Muse

Kenya Wright

This is a good and bad review.

I gave the novel THREE STARS because in the end, I wanted to know what was going to happen between Daniel and Twyla.

Plus there were some pretty sexy scenes. . .

So here's why I didn't give it 4 or 5 stars.

On one hand,

I cared about the female character and hoped she'd get some hot action.

On the other hand, I didn't get why she kept calling her vagina a V. This is a super  tiny thing , but it just annoyed me a bit.

I kept wanting sa
Heather / Obsessed With Myshelf
This plotline definitely has promise and, as Coral’s debut novella, it has the pieces of something that can be great. Twyla seems to be a mostly strong and kindhearted heroine. She’s determined to make it in the modeling industry so she can support both herself and her brother. When she heads to her first shoot she meets the photographer, Daniel Balderssari, whose full name was repeated so many times I wanted to dive into the book with a red marker. But I digress.

He’s elusive and aloof and occas
Laura Nelson (Tangents and Tissues)
I loved this short and steamy read. I mean what’s not to love about the tall, dark, handsome and enigmatic photographer Daniel Baldessari?!

You can completely understand why the sweet and innocent Twyla is captivated by him. I kept hearing “Come into my web said the spider to the fly” in my head. He has her completely ensnared, but at the same time sending out of the mother of all mixed signals.

The smexy scenes are H.A.W.T. and I would advise reader discretion, as in don’t read in a public place.
Judy Miracle
Nov 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a fun, and sexy short read. I was hooked from the beginning and after that ending I'm left wondering what is he hiding.. What is going on? I need more.

Twyla is a model who is heading to her first job in L.A. shes been selected to do this shoot by an unknown client. When she & we meet Daniel Baldessari hes kind of a condescending jerk who calls Twyla undateable to get a reaction from her for the shoot. Which he does. But what do you do when you get home and all you can think about is
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ I like
Nov 16, 2015 marked it as 08-read-again
Shelves: 14-arc, 10-kindle
Mary Strunk
This is a quick steamy read but it's worth it. There is a cliffhanger to the book so be warned. The author writes in a unique way that gets you focused & hooked. You have a past & present so you do not miss out on anything. I would say this is a beginning of Daniel & Twyla story.

Twyla moved to LA to finish out her modeling carrier. She needed to support herself along with her brother back home in Ohio. She lives with her roommate who is also a model both trying to make ends meet. Twy
Peggy Lee (Reading Keeps Me Sane)
Twyla is a struggling model/actress. She is selected for a photo shoot by a unknown client. As it turns out the photographer is not only famous but also strikingly handsome. Daniel Baldessari first appears aloof and condescending. Twyla soon discover Daniel has secrets. He goes as far as hiding his true intentions in order to keep his secrets.

This is the first part of a three part series. The story revolves around Daniel’s secrets. His secrets are the reason he's holding back from Twyla. Twyla
Kim Ginsberg
Nov 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book is about a model and the photographer she is mesmerized by. Twyla is a model in LA who was booked for a modeling shoot. She becomes mesmerized by her photographer and his effect on her emotions and body. Is he interested in her too, or is she alone in her feelings? Find out in book 1 of this series!
Linda Rea
Nov 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I thought the book was different because it started right at current day and filled in the back story as it went along. I thought it was great how Daniel got the shots he wanted, my insulting her.

Reviewing on behalf of Once upon an Alpha
Kathleen R.
Nov 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Overall Stars: 4 STARS

Mystery
Alpha male

It is always when you lose something that you realize its true value

No one had ever looked at me like that. Especially not the hottest man I’d ever seen. He had the tall, tanned body of a world class athlete, black curls, fierce eyes, huge hands marbled by big veins. Before he picked up his camera to shoot, he looked at me like I was the only woman in the world. I was in trouble.
But when Daniel Baldessari called me undateable in order to get a reaction for
Judy
Nov 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was captivated with this book from page 1! You might as well do yourself a favor, before you even start reading this book, and go purchase books II and III! They are all amazing books and when you get to the end of book I, you will want to pick right up with book II and then book III, after that!

This is Twyla's first modeling job in LA. A mysterious client booked her based on her portfolio (which was rare). Daniel Baldessari was her photographer and boy, was Twyla nervous. She had little exper
Mollien Fote Osterman
Nov 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotic, romance
Review
5 Silk Dresses

This is the first book of the His Muse trilogy. Twyla is a young model who recently moved from Ohio to LA. She would like to make it in the fashion industry, but is using modeling as a means to support herself and a younger brother back in Ohio. Chosen to model for a mysterious client, she meets Daniel Baldessari. Daniel is a rude, condescending, very sexy photographer with secrets that we will find out as Twyla does.
Ms Black has an easy flow to her writing. She introduces
Deb Bishop
Jan 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
His Muse I
The story starts off with Twyla doing a modeling job, Daniel Baldessari is the photographer. From the minute she sees him she wants him but what would a man who looks as delectable as him see in her?....
No-one has looked at her the way he looks at her, though he called her 'undateable' it was in order to get a reaction from her for the shoot.
After that first shoot, the 'mystery' client who supposedly booked her and wants her to sign 'an exclusive contract' starts sending her gifts thin
Holly - Page To Page Reviews
Nov 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
As this is a short read there’s not too much I can say without ruining the story for you so I’ll keep my review short and sweet also.

Twyla is trying to make it as a model to support her family and when she finally lands herself a job with a brilliant photographer she couldn’t be happier. The only thing is it’s for a mysterious client. When she arrives and meets the photographer, the Daniel Balderssari, she’s blown away by his good looks. But when he opens his mouth and is nothing but rude to her
Angie
Nov 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great start to a new series. I'm giving it 4 stars to start with but can, after reading the next two books, change my mind at any given time.

First let me say, great job, Coral on your debut book! It was a fun, quick, and hot read that left me wanting more! I need to know Daniel's secret. I didn't care for him at first. He came off as an arrogant jerk. I didn't understand Twyla's draw to him until later. Twyla seemed like a strong character even though she allowed her roommate to boss her around
Annamaria
Dec 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Four Amazing Stars! Twyla is starting a new job modeling in LA. Daniel is a photographer who is doing the shoot but he is rude and arrogant. Then we throw in the mysterious client who is sending her gifts. Who is the secret admirer and what about Daniel? I am anxious to see what happens next. This is the first book in the series. I loved the characters and I couldn't put the book down.

I received this book as an ARC for an honest review. This book was read and reviewed by Annamaria for Alpha Boo
Jennifer Pierson
Nov 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
His Muse is a short, but fast paced read. Twyla is a budding model, who has a shoot with Daniel Baldessari, a hot but rude photographer. She can't deny that he turns her on though, and is excited when he truly feels the same. I was hooked from the beginning, and couldn't put it down. The SCORCHIN sexy scenes are HOT HOT HOT! Coral F. Black has an easy writing style that is highly addicting, and the cliff hanger ending had me a bit upset. CANNOT WAIT for the next part!
Margaret
Nov 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
A beautiful model/actor and a hot photographer who is very mysterious whats not to like. Twyla and Daniel's chemistry is sizzling right from the beginning.

As you turn the pages it becomes more and more intriguing
to try and figure out Daniel and his secrets.

The descriptions in this book are detailed and you feel like you
are at the places being described.

I really enjoyed part one, and am looking forward to the rest of
the journey that Twyla takes on as the Muse.

Shameca Smith
Nov 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 STAR READ!!

If you are looking for a nice, quick read, this story may be for you. This book was short and right to the point, and I think that's why I rated it a 4 star. I wish there was a little more description or in depth with the characters. It felt like we only scratched the surface with these two and I was left wanting more. I wanted to know more about Daniel and Twyla. I can't wait to see what the second part brings for these two!!
Tina
Nov 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Way to go on the debut book Coral. This book was smoking hot and fast paced.

Daniel is a hot photographer that has distanced himself from the world. He is closed off and very private. Twyla is new to the modeling world. This is her first shoot and she's feeling things she shouldn't.

What happens when they give into temptation? You have to read it and see. You may just want a few extra sets of panties to change into!!
Jo Overfield
Nov 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I want to give this book a shout. It's awesome. The author has a great writing style and keeps you locked into her storyline. Daniel the too HOT photographer who takes pictures of Twyla just gets hotter, but more secretive throughout the story. So needless to say I have no choice, I can't stand it.... I have to go now. I have to read the other book. I have to know what happens.
Christina Oswald
Nov 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great start to this series. Warning, there is a cliffhanger.

Twyla has just moved to LA to be a model. Her first job is to model for Daniel.

Daniel is a hot mystery and Twyla feels a connection to him that she can't resist.

I very much enjoyed this first part of the His Muse series. I can't wait to see what happens.
Reviewed on behalf of Once Upon an Alpha.
Shellby
Nov 17, 2015 rated it liked it
This booking is not as promising as I thought it would be. I could not really get interested. Towards the end that did start to change. I can wait for the next book just to see if my interest will improve.
-NightWolf Book Blog
Valentine
rated it it was ok
Jan 14, 2016
Hilary
rated it did not like it
Nov 16, 2015
James Lankford
Mar 17, 2017
Mary
Nov 12, 2015
Hi Beautiful Readers:
I love to write (and read) sweet and dirty erotic contemporary romance set in Los Angeles.
Love,