Start by marking “Driven by Destiny (Aedyn #2)” as Want to Read:
Driven by Destiny (Aedyn #2)

Driven by Destiny

(Aedyn #2)

I’ve been burned! Again! I should know better than to let down my guard when it comes to matters of the heart, especially with regards to Lauren Mitchell.

A night in jail left Aedyn Cumberland feeling dejected, bitter and used by Lauren Mitchell. The only way forward is to return to Chicago and the impossible task of tearing Lauren out of his heart, for the second time in
Published March 10th 2015 (first published March 8th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Driven by Destiny, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Driven by Destiny

Start your review of Driven by Destiny (Aedyn #2)
Alwaysreadingbooks - Reading Drinking and Relaxing
Just when I thought that everything was finally be okay BAM I get slapped in the face. This is the story that I hated to put down and I especially hated when it ended because that meant that I would have to wait to see what will happen next with Lauren and Aedyn. I was excited when Lauren stood up for herself and decided to take her life into her own hands, but once again I was thrown for a twist. Now I'm sitting not so patiently on the edge of my seat waiting for the next part.
Veronica LaRoche
Mar 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't believe what happened in the first book and didn't think it could get any worse, Aedyn and Lauren are so good together but leave it to Chip to ruin everything. What Lauren goes through with Chip no woman should ever deal with that. When Aedyn and Lauren are together it is hot sexy and you know they are meant to be. You just know how slimy Chip is he wouldn't let it happen. I enjoy this series and can't wait to read what will happen next
Kathy Wideman
Apr 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: danger, romance
This is the second book in this series. I like this series. Aeydn finds himself needing to be bailed out of jail. Aeydn knew he should have never come back to the small town he grew up in. But when he came back to take care of his father’s affairs after his death and ran into Lauren he couldn’t let his second chance with her slip through his fingers. It didn’t matter that she was already engaged to someone else. He figured he could convince her to leave her fiancé for him. Now look where he is. ...more
Carrie Renteria
Jun 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Eve Carter you have left me speechless... This series is absolutely incredible I have not been able to put it down since I started reading it I mean I have ignored absolutely everything and everyone around me.

Driven by Destiny picks up right where the first book leaves off Aedyn is being released from jail he believes that Lauren has burned him once again. Chip has had him arrested for assault even though Aedyn was just protecting Lauren. You learn quite a lot about Lauren in this book she
Kendra Needs
Mar 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Oh my lord what a book... This book starts off right where book one left off Aedyn being released from jail after he is arrested for assaulting Laurens fiance Chip and shr didnt come to his rescue even though Aedyn yhoughy after their weekend together in Chicago lauren was going to leave chip and become his. So he heads home and goes back to his one night stand drug invested nights.
Lauren has had enough of chip and decides that she is done with him but of course he cant let her go without one
Tracey
Mar 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A night in jail has left Aedyn Cumberland angry and determined to leave Granger, Iowa, and all the memories of his past in his rear-view mirror. But as he tries to forget home and the betrayal by Lauren Mitchell, Aedyn finds himself unable to stop thinking about the woman that he loves.

Driven By Destiny is the second book in the AEDYN series by Eve Carter. I had not read the first book, and felt like I was missing out on the backstory with Aedyn and Lauren, so I do suggest that you read them in
Lora Borzelleca
Mar 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book was a little better...Lauren actually grew a spine and started standing up for herself. I am having trouble connecting with Aedyn...I think it might be because he was into doing coke and I'm a straight laced kinda girl when it comes to drugs so it was a HUGE turn off for me. He said he didn't feel the need to use when he had Lauren...but when he left Grainger thinking he lost her, he was going to meet one of his fuck buddies but ended up leaving because he said he was still in ...more
Tracy Grieve
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
After spending a night in the cells and no word from Lauren, Aeydn fears the worse that Chip has beaten her or even worse killed her. Now on his way home to Chicago Aeydn now thinks that his one magical weekend with Lauren is all it ever had been. Feeling used he feels like partying to block her from his mind again but even then he can't bring himself to do it.
Meanwhile back in Granger Lauren feels guilty for not coming forward to help Aeydn and fearing she has lost him for good she seeks advice
Cheryl
Apr 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Review of Driven by Destiny (Aedyn #2) by Eve Carter

Review done for Hooked on Books

4 out of 5 stars

Aedyn decided that he wasn’t going to let Lauren get away again. He was going to fight for her this time. He has told her he cares and now it is up to her to make the decision to be together.

Being abused by her ex has left Lauren scared to take a chance with Aedyn. He is everything she wants, but her ex is not going to easily let her go.

Lauren is tired of being scared, so she decides she is going
Hooked On Books
Apr 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Review done for Hooked on Books

4 out of 5 stars

Lauren is tired of being scared, so she decides she is going to change her life. She is leaving Chip and is going
Angie Picardi-Hagerdorn
Jun 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Yet again I sat down & read a book from beginning to end without stopping!! This author is incredible at creating enthralling & dynamic characters!! Book 2 begins where Book one left us hanging. Aedyn is in jail, Lauren is nowhere to be found, and douchebag Chip seems to be getting his way!!! Soon enough, Aedyn is out & heading back to Chicago where he swears once again, he is finished with Lauren & her games. But can he just let her go?? Will Lauren really stand back & let ...more
Erica
Apr 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 stars
Lauren's eyes have finally opened to what her life is truly like with Chip. She leaves Chip and reconnects with Aedyn. Everything seems to be headed in the right direction for both of them. Lauren and Aedyn are happy until the end.
Just when they thought they had it all, the past comes back and rips the rug out from under them.
I knew the cliffhanger was coming, it had to be, I only had 6 mins left in the book and something major was unresolved, but it was still a smack in the face once it
De Reese Robinson
Love Lost and Found

Ayden and Lauren's story continues, with Ayden, going back to his old player, playa, ways, after Lauren, leaves him sitting behind bars after he saves her from her fiance/boss Chip. Lauren, finally realizes that she needs to put on her big girl panties and dump Chip and go after Ayden. Chip has other ideas for Lauren, and he is willing to take her down with him at all cost. Will Ayden and Lauren finally get their HEA? Or will Chip win and destroy Lauren?
Anima
Shelves: hot-romance
Smoothly continuing the story where we left off this next book is non stop sex and emotions. Lauren lets go of Chip and begins her new life with Aedyn. Syrup and whipped cream will never be looked at the same. Her best friend, Jules, is the crazy entertainment always hitting on anything with muscles. Unfortunately Lauren's life is not all tulips and roses just yet. There is always a cliffhanger to keep us interested and it's worth the wait. My copy was given for my honest review.
Deborah
Mar 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Driven by Destiny is a winner! Lauren has finally seen the evil in Chip but is it really over? Aedyn and Lauren declare their love for one another but will it be enough? Is Jules being a true friend? Eve Carter has set the stage for an explosive 3rd book and I can't wait to see if Chicago or Granger will finally be home for Lauren and if Aedyn can save her.
Nancy Ward-keys
Mar 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Aedyn is a very successful business man. A man who enjoys beautiful woman and the rush of a good high. Until, back in Granger he found her Lauren. Now very much enjoying their lives together they are faced with still dealing with the abusive Chip Harrison. And it doesn't seen like Chip is going to give up without a fight. What will become of Lauren and Aedyn after Chip's latest ploy?
Judy
Mar 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is book 2 in this series with Aedyn and Lauren. Book 2 is just as awesome as book 1! Lauren finally gets out from the grips of her ex-fiancee Chip....or does she? This story has twist and turns and I absolutely LOVED it! I knew after reading the first book that this would be a MUST read series!! Looking forward to the next book!!
Judie
Apr 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*An ARC was provided in exchange of an honest review*

Gahhhhh!!! Freakin' Chip!!! He so pisses me off!! Grrrrr. I'm totally #TeamAeydn!!! I keep waiting for Lauren to REALLY realize what an amazing man Aeyden is & for her to hold on to him for dear life. I'm dying to see what is to come with this series!!
Helen
Jun 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
In Eve Carter's Driven by Destiny, Lauren saves Aedyn from his self-destructive ways. But as the story unfolds can Aedyn save Lauren from her ex-boyfriend's destructive ways? Chris has poisoned every aspect of Lauren's life with his abusive behavior. Lauren tries to put an end to Chris, but she unknowing gets herself in deeper. Can Aedyn save her?
Carol
Sep 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Driven By Destiny

Loving this series, so intense, not enough that Lauren is trying to get past all the abuse from Chip, but his reach, is never ending. He did so crooked things on the insurance business, now is coming back on him, and he has dragged Lauren into it! Arden has been the stable, loving her, now what? Cannot wait for bk.3!
Sandy Montemayor
Mar 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow, I love this series. Lauren finally realized that Chip is abusive and is just getting worse. She wants to follow her heart and be with Aedyn, but will Chip let her go? I hope Aedyn and Lauren finally get their happily ever after.
Jennifer Leggett
Destiny

Another winner, story just keeps pulling you through. I kept waiting for the next shoe to drop. Unique story line, characters are strong. And I have to get the next book now.
Christine
Mar 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

So this a great story the characters go through so much to finally be to gather and again her exboy friend gets her into something .this is a must read series of books .I love eve Carter books.
Christina Oswald
Jun 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Love Aedyn!! He knows what he wants and is trying to be patient to get it. Lauren is doing a good job of healing and getting out of her head. Cliffhanger alert! Can't wait for the next book in this series.
Sheri
Mar 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Will Lauren get her happily ever after? Lauren finally comes to the realization that her fiancé is abusive and she will not take it any more. She decides she will go with her heart and go after Aedyn. Will she be able to start a new life with Aedyn or will Chip never let her go?
Jeanne
Apr 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was gifted to me for an honest review through Obsessed by Books. Eve Carter is a wonderful author. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Will Lauren finally be able to escape Chip? Will she and Aedyn have their HEA? I can't wait for the third book to find out!
Becky Hedge
Nov 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Driven By Destiny

Excellent book. Highly recommend this book to everyone. Excellent story line kept your interest and attention making it hard to put down
Tashia
Oct 11, 2015 rated it liked it
A little predictable. In need of a really good editor; the grammatical errors are a distraction.
Louise Rogers-Thomas
Mar 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Another great book from Eve. I find her books so easy to read, with the story flowing prefectly.
Jamie  Leigh
Mar 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
wow. that ending! (but I knew it was coming). Aedyn is such a man. And I have to say I got aggravated a couple of times with Lauren. But the story is fabulous!

• Accidental Romeo
  • The Shifter's Wish (Ghost Shifters, #1)
  • Brie's Submission (Brie's Submission, #1-3)
  • The Shifter's Dream (Ghost Shifters, #2)
  • Addicted (MMA Romance, #3)
  • Consumed (MMA Romance, #1)
  • Devoured (MMA Romance, #2)
  • The Shifter's Fight (Ghost Shifters, #4)
  • The Shifter's Salvation (Ghost Shifters, #3)
  • Beautiful Pleasures Part 1
  • Deathless (The Vein Chronicles #2)
  • The Shifter's Soul (Ghost Shifters, #5)
  • Fatal Harmony (The Vein Chronicles, #1)
  • Eternity's Awakening (The Vein Chronicles #3)
  • Beyond the Horizon (Sons of Templar MC, #4)
  • Faults in Fate: A Vein Chronicles Novella
  • Dauntless (Sons of Templar MC, #5)
  • Battles of the Broken (Sons of Templar MC #6)
I am a true romantic at heart and with a modern contemporary erotic twist to my romance novels, you had better fasten your seat belt, as the ride is always fun, exciting and fiery.
Living in Las Vegas, but a mid-westerner at heart, I find plenty of inspiration for my books in my own exciting life. I have always loved the arts and as a young girl, I took dance classes and spent the summers reading

Aedyn (3 books)
  • Flirting with Destiny (Aedyn, #1)
  • Saved By Destiny (Aedyn Book 3)