Start by marking “Éire's Devil King (Éire's Viking,#3)” as Want to Read:
Éire's Devil King (Éire's Viking,#3)

Éire's Devil King (Éire's Viking,#3)

4.46  ·  Rating details ·  13 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
A man of ability and ambition, Tuirgeis Erlingrson has nurtured the desire to carve a place of leadership for himself on the Green Island, Éire, that he has raided multiple times. After the death of his wife in Nordweg, he takes his surviving son to Éire. Having connections with his adopted brother, Cowan, and Agnarr, his former countryman, Tuirgeis feels he has the suppor ...more
Published April 2nd 2015 by The Writer's Coffee Shop Publishing House

To ask other readers questions about Éire's Devil King, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Éire's Devil King

Kathie (katmom)
HAPPY RELEASE DAY!

I have been anxiously awaiting this final chapter in Sandi Layne's Eire Series. I have to say, this was worth the wait. Tuirgeis wants Eire for his own. It surprises him to find there are many kings, but he wants to be the ONLY king. He certainly had plenty of ambition, and a strong sword arm. Ms. Layne did her research, and her descriptive words made me feel like I was there as fights were fought and land overtaken.

Charis remains a mystery. Just where did she come from? Is she
Carrie Slager
Feb 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
[Full disclosure: I requested and received a free ebook through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.]

I’m always a little nervous starting the last book in a series that I’ve thoroughly enjoyed. Why? It’s usually because I’m worried that the author isn’t able to wrap things up in a satisfying manner, answering most (if not all) questions that arose throughout the series. Sometimes my nervousness is justified and other times it’s not. Éire’s Devil King is most definitely the latter. I didn’
Brandee Price
Apr 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
*4.5 Stars*

This is the final installment in the trilogy and I have reveled in the stories of these characters. It's been fascinating, and enlightening, honestly, getting the perspective of the Viking invaders as well as seeing the blending of pagan and Christian beliefs of the Irish people as their island changes. Ms. Layne's attention to detail in the history, customs, language, and even the brutality of battle only heightened the experience. Add to that the complexity of the characters, Agnarr
Lissa Bryan
This is how historical fiction should be done.

Sandi Layne returns us to the Green Isle, where Charis and her family have settled. It's a beautifully rich portrait of life in the 830s, when Christianity was just gaining a foothold in the area, and there was a vibrant mix of cultures. Meticulously researched and carefully detailed, you can practically smell the smoke from the fires, and the pungent aroma of Charis's drying herbs.

Charis and her family are happy in their little village, and save fro
Michelle (Adventure in Bookland)
Eire’s is the last book in the Eire Viking Trilogy. I am beyond sad that this series is has come to an end, but I like the fact that this series opened me up to a new genre and type of character to enjoy. I never read Viking stories before this and I now cannot wait to read more about them and may even try to find a movie about them.

The third book brings us back to Green Isle where all of our favorite characters are living. I love seeing how life has turned out for Cowen, Charis, Aislinn, and An
Andrea (mrsaubergine)
Jan 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-edits
This is a departure from the previous two books because it has a greater connection to historical fact and no new romance, but it's still a good story and a nice end to the series. Tuirgeis isn’t a very sympathetic character, but he’s meant to be like that, and he gets what he deserves in a particularly spectacular fashion. I’m fascinated by Charis and her fairy “bubble,” and there’s a nice epilogue which made me smile.
Lily Loves Indie
Apr 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
The familiar figures of Charis, Cowan, Agnarr, Aislinn and Tuirgeis are back for the final installment of the Eire's Viking Trilogy. Looking to emulate Agnarr's success in settling in Ireland, Tuirgeis wants to go one step further and fully conquer the Emerald Isle for his own. Of course, things never go smoothly, and with the Danes and other problems to deal with, is a happy ending in store for our friends, or will they fall foul of forces greater even than Charis' skills?

As always, there is a
Isobelpoe
Feb 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have to admit, I was very, very, slow in starting and finishing EDV, because I missed the middle book in this trilogy. I also lost two relatives during this time and getting back to something so interesting and well researched was a challenge because I wanted to enjoy it.

Recently, I returned to the space where I could finally catch up with most of the characters from the first book and a few new characters.

I am willing to go out on a limb and say that the entire trilogy is worth the effort. Y
Sarah Aisling
Jan 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Review on my website www.sarahaisling.com on release day 4-2-15!
Elizabeth
Feb 10, 2015
Jeanne
Apr 02, 2015
Sandi Layne
Apr 12, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Junebuggin
Zoe Vicary
Jul 15, 2017
Lisa Lap
Jul 19, 2015
Award winning author of short Celtic fiction, Sandi Layne is the creator of the Éire's Viking Trilogy, as well as works of contemporary Christian romance.

She began by self-publishing her novels in 2000, garnering a loyal group of readers whom she continues to appreciate to this day.

Married for more than twenty years to a very tolerant (and brilliant!) man, she has two sons, no pets,
and a plethora