Start by marking “Never Sweeter (Dark Obsession, #2)” as Want to Read:
Never Sweeter (Dark Obsession, #2)

Never Sweeter

(Dark Obsession #2)

3.79  ·  Rating details ·  1,929 Ratings  ·  366 Reviews
Second chances are sweeter than ever in Charlotte Stein’s steamy Dark Obsession series—perfect for fans of Katy Evans—as a self-reliant college girl falls for a reformed bully who’s desperate to make up for lost time.

Letty Carmichael can’t believe her eyes when she catches a glimpse of her high school tormenter, wrestling champ Tate Sullivan, on campus. College was suppose
Published April 19th 2016 by Loveswept

To ask other readers questions about Never Sweeter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Never Sweeter

NiCoLeTa E.
Feb 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
***4,5 "The bully and his victim" stars***

Wow!!! I loved this story in every aspect...
It wasn't too impressive and with very fast pace, but it kept me captivated from the first page to the last...
It was an emotional ride, a unique story about a girl who was victimazed in her high school years and about her tormentor...

It was a unique, intense, emotionally and humanly story...
I liked very much the way that the story line was moving...
The things weren't moving fast and we didn't have insta-love.
XxTainaxX
Apr 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I found the story absolutely captivating. At first you are appalled and disgusted by the hero and think that there's no way he's going to be able to redeem himself. Tate is a bully. Not in a small way but in a way that tortures a person for the rest of their lives. Letty goes to college two years after a really big incident and finds that Tate is there too. She's far from home so she feels like he's there to continue his bullying and is very afraid. Tate has grown a lot since they last interacte ...more
Jen
4.25 Emotional Stars

“And what was yours? How did you think of the shit between us?”
“I don’t know. I think you want me to say a game, but that wasn’t true. It never felt like a game to me. It felt like I was trapped behind glass watching a really shitty version of myself operating my body.”

Letty Carmichael and Tate Sullivan have a history. In high school, and I do mean all of high school, Tate and his friends tormented Letty. The taunts were constant and things got so bad that at one point, Letty
Samadrita
Usually when I read books with covers like this one, I surreptitiously add them to my 'read' list in a way that the updates wouldn't show up on the homepage and quietly move on. But after reading this one, I feel the stirrings of a change within me. I no longer have that urge to hide the fact that I read romance novels, as if it's a shameful, shallow activity and worthy of someone's contempt or ridicule.

I don't think it is, any longer. Not anymore when there are authors like Charlotte Stein, Sa
Michelle
3 Are You Scared Of It Stars!
Let me just say that I loved the first half of this book! Enemies to lovers is my thing and this started off so good!
So the 3 star rating is for that part because I didn't care for the last 40%.

Letty is being bullied in high school by Tate and his friends. She not skinny and she's a nerd and they never let her forget it. One night they go too far and run her over leaving her to fear everyone. She doesn't trust other people.
Two years later while at college Letty fr
Taryn (Taryn and Her Books)
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
5/5

I fucking loved this book. Holy shit.

When starting this, I was really worried I would hate it. (I mean, guys. That prologue. Jesus.) I'm usually not a fan at all of a bully and their victim falling in love, but I think this story was really well done. Charlotte Stein accurately and sensitively explores the trauma and ramifications of years of bullying, which made this absolutely heartbreaking and emotional at times to read. Letty's uncertainty about herself and others, and how hard it was for
Rachel the Book Harlot
"...the metal grille hit the middle of her body hard. Then there was just air underneath her feet. Followed by jagged rocks. And finally, bloody silence."

So apparently I'm supposed to believe that the Hero and his friends commit attempted murder against the Heroine and she forgives and falls in love with him two years later? No seriously, he and his friends literally try to kill her. They run her down with their truck, slamming into her and pushing her off a cliff where she then suffers a frac
Olga therebelreader
Letty was bullied throughout high school which made her feel hurt, scared, lonely, sick, embarrassed and sad. Tate was one of the boys who bullied her. Now, in college, Tate is her teammate in a film project. He had never realized the trauma he had inflicted by bullying her. Now, he only wants to help her, become her friend and make her like him. Letty is cautious, reluctant to trust him and she’s very afraid of him.

They say there is a fine line between love and hate. Both involve passion and th
Naksed

I find bully romances problematic in that they tend to excuse the bully by revealing that he was acting out from some sort of unrequited
Molly O'keefe
Apr 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a seriously complicated plot line to pull off and I think if it doesn't work for you - if you don't buy Tate's regret or think Letty should forgive him - this is a no go. BUT IT TOTALLY WORKED FOR ME!!! Within five pages I was crying.
Nadine
Apr 22, 2018 rated it did not like it

I really thought I'd like this book. Well, I guess I was wrong.

The description promises so much:

A girl who meets her high school bully two years after she's last seen him when she starts college.

To be honest, I was thinking of a story like "Bully" by Penelope Douglas. I liked that book and even though the hero was a real asshole, he never really hurt the h.

Unfortunately, "Never Sweeter" is different. The book starts with a prologue in which the H and his friends run her over in a truck. Yeah
Bev
Hmmm, I'm struggling with this review. I loved the sound of the blurb, and the prologue starts the story off with one hella bang and this is more or less where the book lost me, it was just all too vague/ambiguous.

Letty was horrifically bullied through high school by a bunch of abusive little shits, bullied to the point of attempted murder. Yet they all got away with it. Where were her parents, the school, the law enforcement when all this was going on?

Letty is left with PTSD, shit scared of her
Ira
3.75 stars.
I had finished this book for more than a month now, but not sure what rating should I give.

The hero treated the heroine horrendously in the past, more than just bullying.
So as like the heroine’s feels, I hate him too!
But as usual, that’s not the whole story.
I like the new him, and I like the changes of the heroine too.
No excuses but we’ve got the answer why he behave like he did.
So, it was a good read, and I couldn’t stop read it until it finished!

Oh, perhaps some of you interested, n
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃
OUT NOW

ARC received by Netgalley

Never Sweeter is a NA romance with a hint of erotica and a bunch of angst. It's slow, character driven and witty.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'm a huge fan of Stein, so this is totally biased. Well, not totally, I do rate honestly. The problem is, is that I love Steins books. Overall, she doesn't get the best ratings and I can't help but think that's because her style doesn't appeal to the majority, but just to the minority who
Mariℓina
Aug 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: to-be-reviewed
3,5 Stars!
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
I snatched up this "bully" romance yesterday based on a Facebook post I came across that called it heart wrenching and painful. I'm an absolute GLUTTON for that kind of storyline, for a romance that's edged in heartache and this book DELIVERED! It is absolutely heart wrenching and it is brutally painful. But it's also sweet and sexy and satisfying in its romanticism. I had never heard of this book or the author until I saw that post but as soon as I started reading, I knew this book was for me.

T
Gina
* Free copy received in exchange for a review.

The blurb had me intrigued. A girl would re-meet the guy in college who bullied her in high school and they would fall in love. I was extremely curious how an author would develop the relationship. I'm even a little surprised by how much I hated this. Like really hated it. I can't even count the number of times I said "no" out loud while reading, but it was a lot. Lettie wasn't just bullied. She was almost killed, aka attempted murder. While Tate (th
Lily Malone
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've found a new author to love!
From a great opening chapter that I felt really set the scene for the tone of this book and the story that would unfold, this book just flowed for me and I read it over two days. Truly great emotional writing, definitely a case study in 'show don't tell'... I found no flat spots, and even though the story came entirely from the POV of lead character, Letty, I felt I had a pretty darn good grip on Tate's motivations and emotions throughout.
Although it's se
Rose
Apr 25, 2016 rated it liked it
3 stars!

This book is about a girl who goes to college, and one day sees her high school tormenter. This is a love story between the bullied girl, and who used to be her tormenter.

"Tate Sullivan, the guy who'd once made her attempt to cut off her love handles with a pair of scissors."

I fell for this book deeply in the beginning, the way she was bullied as well as the effects it had on her were devastating. Even friendship wise, she would be so surprised when someone was nice to her, waiting
Feb 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
ARC from Netgalley

I don't think I've ever read any of this authors books but I recognise her name. I liked the synopsis. Tate bullied Letty in High School although we don't get any details other than him calling her fat and then something bad happening in the prologue.

Two years later Letty is shocked to see Tate at her Colllege but it seems he's a different person and wants to make amends and be her friend but can Letty trust him?

Tate may be a 6ft 5" Wrestler but he comes across very vulnerable
Linda Sims
Mar 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Letty was badly bullied in high school, but the past two years away from all that at college have helped her heal. Till her nemesis Tate suddenly turns up one day in her class. She's terrified he's going to start with her again and frantic as to what should she do. When the class professor assigns her and Tate to work on a project together she fully intends to request another partner but Tate begs her to give him a chance.

The prologue to this sets out the worst thing that Tate and his friends di
*The Angry Reader*
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
The fun thing about this book is that it’s one giant grovel. And I am a grovel-addict.

Tate bullied Letty in high school. There are references to it - but we see only one example first hand. Now they’re in college and Tate is a new man. Letty, however, feels that he’s pulling the long con. And who can blame her? Some of her stories from high school are horrifying.

For me this was a high-steam, low-angst, grovel-fest. My catnip for sure. Excited to check out something else from this author.

Never Stop Reading or Dreaming
There was something about this book that sucked me in. It sucked me in at my core. Yes there were time I was like was it it worded that way, this is also kinda messed up but dang on had. This book is a book that will give me a hangover for a while. This is the book that idk if I’ll ever forget. I also have so many questions. Normally I hate having questions but here it’s okay. I really loved this book.
Sookie
Apr 27, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Sookie by: Samadrita
Shelves: 2016, genre-fiction
Why?

Because:
1. I need a protagonist not to be perpetual douchebags. Here, the douchebag grows up, realizes his shitty decisions and actually does something about it. It endearing to read this bad boy teenager working on his redemption. Tate gets that.

2. I want the primary female protagonist to actually get a break for once in the course of the book. I am looking at you Madame Bovary. Juliet finds closure with her high school bully and discovers a redeemed guy in the process.

3. Having the confli
Amanda
This book has been on my TBR forever and it’s just sat on my Kindle so I finally read it and just... no. Stein has an interesting writing style (pretty distinctive). She didn’t really get the American college vibe she was going for (isn’t she English?) but that was the least of the problems. The sex is pretty hot. The dialogue was funny at times. But holy crap, the concept behind this book is so problematic. I’m just not willing to buy into the hero being redeemed as a bully—one who was party to ...more
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Mar 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-netgalley, trt
I received an eARC, from NetGalley and the publisher, in exchange for an honest review.
This is book two in the "Dark Obsession" series.
This was a nice modern romance that is just right.
Letty Carmichael was tormented by Tate Sullivan through most of High School and now she finds him at her College. Letty had thought to be free of him here at least but no such luck. Tate is changed and regrets how he treated Letty and would like to make it up to her. They end up having to work on a assignment tog
Dísir
‘Never Sweeter’ is my first plunge into Charlotte Stein’s writing and I knew from the first page that this was a very different New Adult read than what normally comes across my feed. The issues of NA books can and sometimes do resonate with me though not necessarily always, which are probably enough (sucker that I am) make me continue with this genre that I can get very conflicted about.

The typical idea that boys bully girls they like takes a more sinister turn here, and out of the very real d
ambsreads
May 24, 2018 rated it liked it
smut was good
plot was weak
romance made me super uncomfortable. i understand that Tate’s past behaviour is never excused but hell it lowkey felt like Letty tried to.
overall a decent story i enjoyed but i just wanted a bit more depth
Nadine Bookaholic
I have to say this book had me laughing one minute, crying the next, and mixed in with all of that the dirty talk was so HOT I had to keep filling up my water bottle with ice to cool me off. While I enjoyed Never Loved (the first book in the series) I LOVED Never Sweeter.

Tate was one of Letty's tormentors in High School and she had hoped that college would be different but when Letty sees Tate in one of her classes she doesn't understand what is going on. Why is Tate there? It's been two years
Megan
Dec 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, 2016
4 "Emotional" Stars

Well damn I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this book. Because on one hand I loved the Letty and Tate together and on the other hand I couldn't stand Tate for what he did and allowed to happen to Letty.

This story was intensely emotional from the backstory to the in the moment your heart breaks and soars for these characters. The flaws and insecurities of humanity uniqly and beautifully portaryed. No matter who you are I feel that you will be able to relate in some aspect
  • Laugh (Burnside, #2)
  • Can't Hold Back (Returning Home, #2)
  • Rolling in the Deep (Lopez Brothers, #1)
  • Once a SEAL (West Coast Navy SEALs, #2)
  • Her Best Laid Plans
  • Taking the Score (Tall, Dark, and Texan, #2)
  • Return of the Bad Boy (Second Chance, #4)
  • Call Me, Maybe
  • Lead Me Not
  • Summer Rain (Love in the Rain, #1)
  • Flirting with Disaster (Camelot, #3)
  • The Principle of Desire (Science of Temptation, #3)
  • Falling Under (Ink & Chrome, #2)
  • Perfect 10
  • Surrender to Sultry (Sultry Springs, #3)
  • Her Rancher Rescuer
  • The Chocolate Temptation (Amour et Chocolat, #6)
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
Charlotte Stein is the RT and DABWAHA nominated author of over fifty short stories, novellas and novels. When not writing deeply emotional and intensely sexy books, she can be found eating jelly turtles, watching terrible sitcoms and occasionally lusting after hunks. For more on Charlotte, visit: www.charlottestein.net

Dark Obsession (3 books)
  • Never Loved (Dark Obsession, #1)
  • Never Better (Dark Obsession, #3)
“I know because when I offered to help you move in you looked at me like you were just waiting for the punch line to a joke I wasn’t telling. And that’s what bullies do to people. They don’t just hurt you or make you feel bad for five minutes in high school . They create the backbone of every friendship you try to have from then on. They change your life forever.” 6 likes
“people can be two things at once. They can grow fond of you and think of you as a sweet person and still want to keep treating you like shit.” 1 likes