Start by marking “Cinderella Has Cellulite: And Other Musings from A Last Wife” as Want to Read:
Cinderella Has Cellulite: And Other Musings from A Last Wife

Cinderella Has Cellulite: And Other Musings from A Last Wife

Okay, lover girl. Your new man has you startled, staggered, and swept off your feet. Now what?

You know who you are. The store clerk caught you scooping up beauty tips and slipping Cosmo magazines under the milk and potatoes in your grocery cart. And you are busy checking in at yoga studios to tighten your arm muscles and buttocks, announcing, “He may be the one” to anyone
Published July 7th 2015 by Greenleaf Book Group Press (first published July 9th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Cinderella Has Cellulite, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cinderella Has Cellulite

Carrie
Oct 05, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Cinderella Has Cellulite is really the author's take on everything revolving around dating and relationships. A really quick read that I found to be sometimes a bit humorous and sometimes seem a tad jaded or bitter. I think really it would depend upon the reader whether they really enjoyed this or just completely hated it. There were certainly a few good chuckles for me during the read but nothing really made me laugh out loud to any major extent. There would probably be some content that would ...more
Jul 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Funny Book!
This is a great funny book! This is my first book by this author and I am looking forward to reading more books. This is a short funny book that I was able to finish in one sitting. This book gives you the author’s perspective on marriage, relationships, friends, and everything else in life. I am looking forward to more books by this author.
A Review copy was provided to me in exchange for a fair and honest review. The free book held no determination on my personal review.
Aisha
Jul 06, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
This was a cute short read in which Weitzman describes the troubles that come along with being a second, third or just last wife in general. She does so with such humor that is was quite enjoyable.

I would say that this book is intended for a more established, mature female audience so some of the reference were lost on me.

But an enjoyable read nonetheless.
Kayla
Jul 01, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
This book was not my cup of tea. Maybe it was because it was definitely not what I was expecting but I just couldn't get through it. If you are looking for something quick and easy to skim through, this book is for you.
(P.S. I really don't like giving 'bad' reviews :( sorry)
Tosha
Jan 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
I received an eARC from NetGalley.

I'll start off by saying this book was not for me. After reading the synopsis I thought it would be a lighthearted, silly read that I would enjoy...that was not the case.

First, I was not a fan of the layout. I didn't like how I had to take in the same information repeatedly - especially when I found it irritating the first time around. And I get it, she's going for sarcastic humor (at least I hope she was) and usually, I like that. This time, it just didn't fly
R.M.
Aug 13, 2015 rated it it was ok
'Cinderella Has Cellulite' is an insight on relationships & marriage (specifically from the POV of a 'Last Wife') and intends to be funny. It classifies as a satire due to the type of humour used.
Unfortunately, I didn't like this book or found it specially entertaining. I am giving it two stars for the following things (two) I have particularly liked: The quirky title and the writing style of the author regardless of the content.
With that being said, I do think the author has great potentia
boekverslaafde
Sep 02, 2015 rated it it was ok
I received a copy of this book from netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

The author has a witty sense of humor, and her writing style makes you think this would be a good book. The title and description were promising, but once delving into the stories, they weren't really Stories...they were more or less guidelines/definitions of the generalization/stereotypical people you come across when marrying someone who's already been married before. I thought there would be stories from her past,
Janka H.
Dec 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Sassy (if sometimes sarcastic or even a bit malicious) collection of anectodes and short essay from the life (including prequels :)) of the Last Wife, a.k.a the one who stays married. Quick, unchallenging read - some of the musings are quite funny, some even a bit useful (straightly from a practical point of view). Unfortunately, a big part is about the money (or is it just realistic in nowadays culture?) and how it influences the Last Wifes environment. Not for the romantic or idealistic ones a ...more
CassandraG
Sep 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing

It’s definitely a unique retelling of an old tale. You, like the heroine and her efforts to come to grips with her current lot in life. It had fun humor and a lot of zingers with a unique sarcastic wit and that’s just by the poem, that’s before the first chapter. So you know you’re going to be in for a treat! First wife, Last wife, there’s always a lesson they all can use. It’s fast funny and has a few lessons anybody would be hard pressed to learn. So if you want some sarcastic witty wisdom and
Zee Monodee
Sep 07, 2015 rated it did not like it
More like a primer with generalizations and there's nothing really of substance in the book. Yes, it's meant to be fluffy, but even fluffy has to have a point, right? Basically, the author gave a chapter title then described the title, and that was it - chapter done.

Very disappointed by this book because both the title and the blurb made it seem to be worth of a read, but within a few pages, you just know you got ripped off.
Jul 08, 2015 rated it liked it
I received this book from Goodreads as a giveaway.

Having only been a "First-and-Last Wife", a lot of the book was not part of my life experience (except from dishing with my BFF over shared elliptical workouts about her love life).

I did find it cleverly written, funny, and easy and quick to read. I plan to give it to one of my "Last Wife" girlfriends, who I know will enjoy reading it at the pool or over a pedicure!
Happily
Sep 05, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
I recieved this book in exchange for an honest review from NetGalley.

I really don't like leaving bad reviews but I have to be honest.

This book caught my eye with it's title, thinking there would be some funny stories, from the author and other "Last Wives" Sadly there's not.

It's a very strange layout, with excerpts of text from paragraphs you've read and ones you're yet to read appear in bolder, larger text between paragraphs.

This book gives you advice more than a chuckle.
Katarina
Jun 17, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was disappointed in this book and DNF at about 20%. I loved the description, and had high expectations for a fresh, honest and funny look at dating/relationships in mid life. Instead I just felt alienated. I didn't connect with the book at all, and I didn't find it very funny. I just didn't relate at all.

This is just my personal experience. The book has many great reviews, which tells me it's appreciated by many.
Katlynn Parsons
Aug 17, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley, my-kindle
I received this book through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

To be honest, I didn't love this book. Maybe I just don't enjoy the satirical comments, or that I have never been in a similar position, so I don't understand the comments, either way not quite my cup of tea.

Although, this book does stand out as cute, quirky and funny, and I'm fairly certain there are plenty of women who like satire, who will find this book adorable and refreshing.
Mistress of Romance Kim  Brown
I couldn't even finishes this book. I'm a sarcastic person, so I can appreciate it, but it just wasn't funny to me. The book was all about the money and I didn't connect with it at all. Sorry, but thumbs down for me.

I received this book for free from the publisher in exchange for a honest review. All opinions are my own.
Kristina Aziz
Aug 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
While I'm not a "last wife" in the typical sense (I'm also a first wife) I found this book funny and entertaining. Weitzman talks about prenups, warning signs, and jealous friends in a candid but humorous way. The only thing I didn't fully appreciate was the analogy-riddled introduction. It felt a bit like a high school freshman trying too hard on an English assignment.
Sissy's Romance Book Review
This is the first book I have read from Donna Arp Weitzman. I did like the book and found it quiet funny. I thought that it reflected some of my thoughts and people in my life. Loved the "names" that she came of with. I would recommend this for a good look book to enjoy and get a few laugh's out of. I am glad to have this book!
Rhonda Lomazow
Jul 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
A very funny look at relationships from the second Prince Charming enters your life.Of course both of you bring an army of people his friends your friends an ex &the hilarious interactions that occur.
Bella123
I received a free copy from Net Galley and the publishers in exchange for an honest review.

Donna's first novel is a sincere, witty, candid and charming discussion of our lives today, as we navigate new and blended families! I am sure this book will make you laugh out loud.
Rachel Murphy leimkuehler
Dec 30, 2015 rated it did not like it
If I could give this 'book' zero stars, I would. It's one of the most unentertaining pieces of dreck I've had to choke down in years. Maybe my perspective is wrong to catch the humor but based solely on writing style, Ms. Weitzman should stick to pretty much anything but writing. Awful.
Rebecca Chenoweth
Nov 04, 2014
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Jul 05, 2015
S
rated it did not like it
Dec 11, 2017
Mar 08, 2016
Hayley
Jan 11, 2018

• The Past Came Hunting
  • Be Happy (Be Coloring #1)
  • The Key?
  • RecruitZ (Afterworld, #1)
  • Overcoming Shock: Healing the Traumatized Mind and Heart
  • Escape the Noise (Gone by Autumn, #3; Brothers of Rock, #13)
  • My Rockstar Billionaire
  • Louise's Dilemma (Louise Pearlie, #3)
  • Public Relations for Dummies
  • The Fig Orchard
  • As a Child: God's Call to Littleness
  • The Wish Trees
  • Everything I Think About Everything
  • Ghost Horse
  • For Better or For Worse: The Comic Art of Lynn Johnston
  • Daughter of Glass
  • Heaven and Hellsbane (Hellsbane, #2)
  • Dead Time (Marti MacAlister, #1)
Donna Arp Weitzman is a wife, mother, and businesswoman who enjoys writing and a good pair of Manolo Blahniks. She and her husband Herb live in Dallas, Texas, where they enjoy spending time with family and friends. Donna earned her BSE and MSE in Counseling from Midwestern State University and completed the Harvard Business School OPM Management Program. Donna has served as a mayor and leader in l ...more