Start by marking “Bash and Lucy Fetch Jealousy” as Want to Read:
Bash and Lucy Fetch Jealousy

Bash and Lucy Fetch Jealousy

Published November 2014 by Canines and Kids Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Bash and Lucy Fetch Jealousy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bash and Lucy Fetch Jealousy

Dynal Roberson
Jan 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the first Bash and Lucy book that we have read and we really enjoyed it. I loved the way Lisa Cohn made it easy to talk to my four year old about jealousy and different ways to handle the emotions that go with it. My daughter was astounded when I told her that a little boy helped write the book.
I found the book to be well written and inspiring, a story that can help my daughter overcome the negative feelings associated with jealousy.
We were asked to review this book and give our honest
Bonnie Rediske-
Jan 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids
This is the first book I have read from Lisa Cohn and I am impressed how she used the characters to help small children understand what being a service dog is. My children were well entertained through the book and enjoyed the illustrations. I highly recommend this book to kids ages pre-k- 3rd grade. 5 kids fangs from PRATR!
Barbara Ann
Feb 18, 2015 rated it really liked it

BashandLucy,pic

Book Two in the Bash and Lucy Picture Book series is a charming picture book for children in the early elementary grades. In this adventure, Lucy is the mascot of Bash’s soccer team; her support has helped lead them to the team championship. Lucy delights the crowd with her antics dressed in her baseball uniform and cap. But on the day of the championship, another team led by a boy named Tristan asks that they allow Lucy to guide their team to a win in the Special Olympics. Bash a
Marilou George
Jan 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Lisa Cohn, along with her 6 year old son Michael, have written a book that is not only fun and amusing but teaches children valuable lessons about jealousy, compassion and sharing. I love the use of a service dog specifically trained to help people who have disabilities.

The story revolves around the jealousy Fetch feels when Lucy disappears to help a soccer team comprised of children with special needs. Children will learn about the special abilities these dogs have to provide help, loyalty and
Melissa Moraja
Jan 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A cute entertaining kid story!

I read Bash and Lucy Fetch Jealousy to my daughter who loves dogs. She really enjoyed Lucy's (the dog) playfulness and desire to bring smile to the kids faces. In the story, Lucy goes off to entertain another soccer team with her licks, love and playfulness. Bash (the main character and Lucy's owner) gets jealous.

My daughter could relate because she sometimes gets that kid jealousy pet feeling when our dog Baxter (another kid picture book dog) pays more attention t
Lynda Dickson
Dec 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Ages 3+
Shelves: children
Bash's golden retriever Lucy is the coach of his soccer team and her special brand of encouragement has led them all the way to the championships. But Bash tends to get jealous of the attention and affection Lucy bestows on his teammates. Then, on the day before their championship game, Tristen asks Lucy to coach his Olympic soccer team of kids with special needs. While Bash is initially jealous, he finally comes up with a solution to help both teams.

The lovely watercolor illustrations by Heath
Stephanie
Jan 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Bash's dog Lucy coaches his team and does a really good job of it. Bash sometimes gets jealous when he has to share her though. When another team comes asking to borrow her it's the last thing Bash wants to do, but his heart wins over his jealousy.

Having a daughter that is visually impaired this book really hit home with me. I was touched on so many levels. It was nice to see a children's book that discussed service dogs, their jobs, and how they help children.

The characters in the book were wel
Stacie
Mar 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
Bash and Lucy Fetch Jealousy is an absolutely delightful tale about a young boy who learns the importance of sharing.

Lucy coaches Bash's soccer team and leads them to a victorious season, but when another team wants to borrow Lucy, Bash doesn't know how to react. Lucy, however, is an insightful pup and knows what she must do. Can Bash accept her decision?

This story is so precious. I love how the authors address Bash's overwhelming feelings of jealousy when he's asked to share Lucy with another t
Amy Miller
Feb 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a great book for kids! This story is about Bash playing soccer with his team and Lucy as their coach. Bash is jealous that his teammates get a lot of Lucy's attention and he sometimes wants it all for his self. While practicing for their upcoming game a young boy comes to him and ask if Lucy could help with their team. Not wanting to share Lucy with anyone else he is very reluctant to do this. Then Lucy goes missing! He finally finds her helping out the other team. This team is special! ...more
Laura Reading
Jan 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Who hasn't felt a twinge of jealousy when their best friend pays attention to someone else?
No one wants to feel left out. Bash already shares Lucy with his whole team.
When a new kid shows up, a kid who already has a dog, and says HIS team needs Lucy's special coaching skills,
I can't blame Bash for feeling a little upset.

The illustrations in this book are fun and beautiful.
This book is cute on many levels.
When Bash's friends help him look for Lucy it shows the power of friendship.
When Lucy is fo
Brooke
Jan 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a cute story about a little boy named Bash and his dog named Lucy. Another sports team really needs Lucy to come and coach their team to victory but Bash doesn't want to let Lucy do it. He was too jealous. Lucy ran away after the other boy and Bash and his friends decide to act as Lucy would so they could try to find her. Bash soon finds Lucy coaching the "special" sports team and eventually comes to the conclusion that the "special" team needed Lucy more than his team did. It was cute, ...more
Charlie
Feb 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Lucy is an extremely playful, light-hearted and kind character. Plus, she's a dog! She doesn't see the flaws in the children she coaches. Instead, she sees where she is most needed and can be of the most use.

She does her best to uplift a team of Special Olympics soccer players, and Bash (Lucy's owner) gets green with envy. The evil eye of jealousy comes out in Bash.

Throughout the story filled with beautiful illustrations, Bash has to learn to share Lucy's wonderfulness with others. Bash and Lu
J.R. Barker
Jan 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
A sweet little story about sharing something you love to help others. It’s a moral tale about the wrench of sharing the affections of one of mans best friends, in this case a dog called Lucy, with others.
It covers angst that can come with sharing something you love and, without being too moralistic, it explains to littleuns that sharing can be rewarding, even if it’s tough.
Kids will sympathies with Bash for worrying about losing the affections of his best friend, whilst loving Lucy for her natu
Jane Ritz
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is great for children as it teaches life lessons. Bash gets jealous when Lucy wants to help t\coach a Special Olympics team. Bash learns to see the needs of others and to share. Bash also gets a lesson that everyone is different and some children have special needs. The group of children come together as a team and Lucy is the coach. Having been a second grade teacher and a Special Ed. teacher, I would highly recommend this book to both groups of children. The messages are very importa ...more
Kassidy
Jan 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book that I received from the giveaways. I feel that it is a good way to introduce special needs to young children but does not go into a lot of detail. This book does not point at the other team going "Their different!" It instead goes, "They have a few things different, but are doing the same thing as us."
Gregory Bray
Feb 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
As always, I read this with my 2 1/2 year old son. He liked the pictures a lot. Our son gets jealous of our cat when the cat is asleep on our laps. So I was able to use this story to help him understand what he was feeling. I don't know if he got it yet. But I'll keep reading it to him until he does. =)
Tonja Drecker
Feb 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
I opened the first page and simply had to smile. The joy that dog Lucy's presence induces on Bash and his soccer team was very tangible in those first words and illustrations. Lucy isn't only a pet, she's Bash's soccer team's trainer...of sorts. This idea alone will draw kids in.

Firstly, I enjoyed seeing a book with soccer and loved the way this sport theme was worked in without being the main theme. This is something not seen often enough. With Lucy, the playful dog, added in, this book is sure
M.M. Hudson
Mar 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Lucy, an extraordinary canine, is a great soccer coach. She is also able to detect when humans need a bit of attention to succeed in what they do. She is noticed by a special needs child who wants her help so his team can win too.

Children reading this book will recognize the feelings of jealousy they sometimes get when they have to share their toys, room, clothes, and maybe even parents. It is not always an easy thing to deal with. This book allows those feelings but also shows children that som
Kim Propp
Heart of a Philanthropist would like to thank the author for gifting us a book in exchange for an honest review. This review was first seen on Heart of a Philanthropist blog. (http://www.heartofaphilanthropist.com)

Bash and Lucy Fetch Jealousy is a great story about a boy who loves a dog. His dog plays sports with Bash, and a child with a special needs team asks if Lucy (the dog) can coach his team. Bash is a bit jealous and doesn't want to share Lucy. One day Lucy is missing. Bash looks for her
Jalynn Patterson
Mar 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
About the Book:

From an award-winning Mom-Son team featured on the Today Show, Bash and Lucy Fetch Jealousy is a contemporary boy-and-dog book. Bash's dog, Lucy, helps coach his soccer team, and Lucy leads the team to the championships. But Bash is overcome with jealousy when Lucy enchants a team of Special Olympics kids who say they want her to coach their team. Can Bash overcome his jealousy and learn to share Lucy with kids who say they need her?

My Review:

Bash has a hard time accepting his ve
Inderpreet Uppal
Mar 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing

"Bash and Lucy Fetch Jealousy"
This is one picture book that should be read by all children regardless of age and by their parents. I found the story of the lovable Dog Lucy and the charming boy Bash so endearing, sweet and emotional, tugging at my heart strings that I recommend it to everyone.

The crux of the story is about sharing and helping others; cheering and encouraging kids in similar situations. Sharing love is the simplest way of increasing love; it comes back to you more than double.

"
Jennifer Clausen-greene
Jul 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read from Lisa Cohn who is the winner of the Mom’s Choice Silver Award, and the Focuses on Helping Others, in Spite of Jealous award. This book is jammed packed with wonderful illustrations, vivid water color illustrations and a beautiful message to wrap it up in. I fell in love with this book. It is something that any child can relate to and has felt on several occasions.

Lucy is a service dog and also an amazing soccer coach. Bash loves Lucy so much the though of s
Darlene Cruz
Dec 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A very short story about a boy name Bash and his dog Lucy. Bash soccer team mates adore Lucy and in return Lucy smothers them with kisses, cheer them on and snuggles them when they need it. Bash becomes jealous, why? Someone ask for Lucy to coach their Special Olympic team and this person had a dog of his own but for a good reason. Bash was not to happy. Did he understand what Special Olympic was all about? Or did he understand why a dog had to accompany this boy who had trouble talking? This st ...more
Letty
Mar 13, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
This book is about Bash’s dog; Lucy, who is the coach of his soccer team. The illustrations are great and colorful, but the plot is hard to follow. Why is Bash jealous of the other team, when Tristen asked him to lend him Lucy to coach his team? Bash has been already jealous of his own teammates because he doesn't want to share Lucy’s attention, so why throwing a pointless jealousy reaction toward the other team, when as per what Tristen has told him about his team, Bash knows the other kids wil ...more
Dawn
Mar 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received a free ecopy of this book for an honest review.

Bash was on a soccer team and his dog, Lucy, was their coach. Lucy encouraged the children, made them laugh, and liked to give them kisses. Once in a while, Bash got a little jealous but he got over it pretty quickly.

Then, the day before their championship, a boy named Tristan asked if Lucy could coach his team at their championships. He was on a Special Olympics team but Bash didn’t want to share Lucy with another team. When he wasn’t lo
L_manning
Mar 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Bash and his loyal dog Lucy have a lot of adventures together. Lately Lucy has been helping Bash's soccer team with fun and encouragement. When another team of Special Olympians ask for Lucy's help, Bash isn't so excited to offer Lucy up. Can Bash overcome his jealousy of Lucy helping another team? Bash will have to find a way to help make everyone play the best that they can.

This was a very sweet book. Bash loves his dog and all the help she gives to the soccer team. When a team of special need
Maureen Timerman
Feb 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
Bash and Lucy is a book for youngsters about the love of a dog and sharing. Along with a great story there are delightful illustrations to accompany.
The main theme of the story is sharing, and the examples are wonderful. While Bash is having a hard time with having others enjoy his dog Lucy, he ends up with more and more wanting her.
So cute! Who wouldn’t want a loving talented dog for a coach? Lucy loves all kids and disabilities are unseen with her. What a great tool to teach understanding of
Diana
Feb 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
copy received for an honest review
I really enjoyed "Bash and Lucy Fetch Jealousy" by Lisa and Michael Cohn. I thought that the story had a great message about human emotions, responsibilities and consequences. These messages were delivered in a very simple and understandable way for young children. I also liked the illustrations, my children are still young so for them the pictures were fun and creative. I thought that the words in the story are a little sophisticated for my kids but really thin
Christy
Dec 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Bash and Lucy make a great team! But when Lucy gives her attention to a Special Olympics team, Bash gets very jealous! Bash wants all of Lucy's attention to be on him and his team. That's definitely not a hard thing to understand! Sharing is hard. When I was in preschool, the only straight face I got (yes, back when I was a kid we had smilies, straight faces and frowns for grades!) was in sharing. Whether it is sharing a toy or a dog, all children need to learn to share. They may not be happy ab ...more
A Leisure Moment
Nov 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
description

This would be the type of book that every little young volunteer should really get their hands on. What more can you say when a mother and son team, partner up to create a children’s book with a true message behind by the words. Lisa and her son Michael tell a story of determination, teamwork, and patience in this picture book for young readers.

To read the rest of the review, simply follow the link: http://www.aleisuremoment.com/2015/04...
Pump Up Your Book: Bash and Lucy Fetch Jealousy by Lisa & Michael Cohn 2 5 Jan 24, 2015 04:03PM
Lisa Cohn and her 10-year-old son, Michael, have appeared on the Today Show, SiriusXM Radio, in Disney's Babble.com, in The Oregonian and other media outlets. They were featured in Voice of America for their latest book, "Bash and Lucy Fetch Team Vera and the Dream Beasts." The article focused on the character of Vera, an immigrant grandma from Ukraine based on Michael's surrogate grandma.

Watch Mi